Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I've always found it a bit strange that "leftist" is such a common thing to hear, and yet no one says "rightist."
    It might honestly be, that the further right someone is, the more likely a stonger, more negative word is used. Like "white supremacist". Or "mass murderer".

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It might honestly be, that the further right someone is, the more likely a stonger, more negative word is used. Like "white supremacist". Or "mass murderer".
    Yeah, there are plenty of derogatory terms for right-wing people. "Alt-right" is generally synonymous with "Trump-worshipping bigot who denies any and all reality that they find inconvenient" in online spaces. Or at least it was for a while there. But I was just saying that "rightist" specifically isn't something I ever hear.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Republicans are kind of open about their allegiances. MGT is open she fully supports the Q movement and people like her are the ones getting elected.
    I can identify maybe five of her ilk, I imagine if I thought long and hard I could make seven. In a delegation of 210, that’s a low percent. But I partially agree with you in that Kevin McCarthy’s leadership has been poor in minimizing the damage to House Republicans.

That being said, I kind of agree with you. Democrats don't really push for dangerous ideas like at a leadership level but you can see exactly what type of policies and stuff they are pursuing. Remember defund the police? That entire campaign was really stupid and resulted in an increase in crime that still persists and now their proponents ,entirely unaware of the implications of what they actually proposed, were forced to roll it back

Which kinda sours me on a lot of the progressive movement. They are so incredibly wealthy that they don't really put a second thought on the policies they push (which don't really affect them) and have to be forced to roll it back when the consequences inevitably hit. When you live in a rich neighborhood that doesn't have any crime as is you don't really care if the police check on you since you are already paying for private security lol

There are a bunch of similar policies you can pin point but the whole defund the police one is funny and sad to me.
    Defund the police is a good example. Doubly so because the passions around George Floyd have calmed down, so it’s a little easier to talk about in terms of cops retiring early, inability to replace to pre-pandemic levels, increase in crime, and polling on civilian response to the importance of that issue among others.

And defund the police always polled better in richer, whiter areas, and worse in the inner city and among minorities.

I was never really a part of the progressive movement, so I can’t join you in feeling soured over this.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Defund the police is a good example.
    No it isn't. This is a thread about Carlson and his overtly racist agenda, as well as Trump and the mass murderers who follow him.

You probably haven’t learned a lot about the people who were shot, beyond that they were Black
    Carlson started his Monday program strong, desperate to make anyone but himself to blame when the very specific white supremacist mantra he'd been recorded saying on his own program 400 times, yes it's been counted, I'm sure the people here saying "I never heard Carlson being racist" missed those 400 shows, blamed...the media.

Well the liberal media, obviously. Not himself.

He then went on to point out that gun violence happened in other places too, which is a lot like saying "some other person said racism some other time" in an attempt to pave over a white supremacist (following Carlson's mantra, again, 400+ times) intentionally going to a black neighborhood to murder black people. It's a deflection attempt only used by people who know they're part of the problem but don't want to be held accountable for their actions.

"Surely Carlson mentioned gun control, if gun vi--"

Not once. He did mention that Democrats were weaponizing this, which is an interesting word, considering this was a mass shooting murder. I think the dead people might take issue with the term "weaponizing" used to describe people looking for justice and consequences and not, for example, the person who followed Carlson's mantra when murdering them.

Naturally, when seeing that his words were likely directly leading to the deaths of others, Carlson decided Monday to make his point even more blatant.

[People] who disagree with Joe Biden are an existential threat to the nation, like Al Qaeda or climate change. A threat so profound we must declare war on it to survive. This threat Biden is referring to is you. He’s talking about his fellow Americans. No president has ever spoken like this. Ever.
    First of all, Trump did. Carlson is lying.

Secondly, yes, Carlson did use the exact words "declare war" the show after one of his followers went on a mass murder while quoting Carlson.

Then he talked about nuclear war with Russia and UFOs. No, really.

Let this be clear: Carlson, after seeing one of his watchers follow his directions and murder a bunch of innocent people, did not back away from his own actions in any way. He offered thoughts and prayers to the families of the people his inspiration got murdered, of course, but that's it. After a mass murder, he declared the people upset about the mass murder the enemy, declared war on them, and continued to give exactly the same hate-filled violence-incentivizing mantra as he's given hundreds of times before.

I know that the left and all the gatekeepers on Twitter become literally hysterical if you use the term ‘replacement,’ if you suggest that the Democratic Party is trying to replace the current electorate, the voters now casting ballots, with new people, more obedient voters, from the third world. But, they become hysterical because that’s what’s happening, actually. Let’s just say it: That’s true.

Every time they import a new voter, I become disenfranchised as a current voter.

Why should I sit back and take that?
    -- Tucker Carlson, in public

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Tucker Carlson: "When confronted or pressed for details, [proponents of diversity] retreat into a familiar platitude, which they repeat like a zen koan: diversity is our strength. But is diversity our strength? The less we have in common, the stronger we are? Is that true of families? Is it true in neighborhoods or businesses? Of course not. Then why is it true of America? Nobody knows. Nobody's even allowed to ask the question."

Tucker Carlson, again: "How precisely is diversity our strength. Since you've made this our new national motto, please be specific as you explain it. Can you think, for example, of other institutions such as, I don't know, marriage or military units, in which the less people have in common the more cohesive they are? Do you get along better with your neighbors or your coworkers if you can't understand each other or share no common values?"
    I heard this the other day and it made me feel a little sick. Intentionally ignoring the countless ways in which multiple viewpoints, backgrounds, beliefs, ideals, and interests working together can better society and the world, all to push this disgusting "we don't want no outsiders" agenda. It's absolutely abhorrent. I wanted to punch Tucker Carlson in the face right then and there, and I still would if given the chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I heard this the other day and it made me feel a little sick.
    Fortunately, there's an easy out.

Carlson wants to be with people who are like him? Sure. Let's see how he does when only surrounded by other men. You'd think he'd be okay with that, right? Surely they'd have more in common?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fortunately, there's an easy out.

Carlson wants to be with people who are like him? Sure. Let's see how he does when only surrounded by other men. You'd think he'd be okay with that, right? Surely they'd have more in common?
    He should move to...

FREEDOM CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

I've always found it a bit strange that "leftist" is such a common thing to hear, and yet no one says "rightist."
    Probably more accurate to say wrongest. I'll see myself out...

We have the term "racist" for them.
    But yea the right-wing loves there strawman to argue against against hence the names and groups like "antifa" (a fictional group)

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    We have the term "racist" for them.
    Fair enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tucker Carlson, forgetting that people watch his show, claims he doesn't know what white replacement is.

So, one of two things is the case here.

1) Carlson brought up white replacement theory, something he does not know what it is, 400+ times on his show anyhow.

2) Carlson is lying.

1) Carlson brought up white replacement theory, something he does not know what it is, 400+ times on his show anyhow.
    In his defense, this is the same guy that claimed he didn't know what CRT was, and then immediately went on to give a completely inaccurate and stupid description of CRT after saying he didn't know what it even meant.

So this checks out for the usual Tucker Carlson/viewer doublethink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So this checks out for the usual Tucker Carlson/viewer doublethink.
    Man, I wish I had a job where I could spend an entire calendar year giving my students completely inaccurate information, only to handwave it with "I don't know what it is" at the end. It's like FOX News is intentionally rewarding incompetence.

Or, of course, Carlson is lying and FOX News is okay with him pushing white supremacy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think like 8/10 of Bernie's top campaigners and surrogates have gone on to becoming full time podcasters. 7/10 are basically right wing podcasters at this point. sad truth, he hired the worst people.

2020 NAtional Communications directors, "Tucker has a point!"

BJG attempts to make the case that Tucker actually said nothing wrong because it wasn’t “explicit”. Instead she lambasts Liberals, saying “the more Libs accuse him of being racist without being able to articulate what he said is wrong the more Tucker gains credibility.”

*fast forward to 2024*

Hi this Briahna Joy Gray, your correspondent for The Daily Wire, coming live to you from the stage at CPAC.

Have you guys heard of "The $100 Challenge?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    I think like 8/10 of Bernie's top campaigners and surrogates have gone on to becoming full time podcasters. 7/10 are basically right wing podcasters at this point. sad truth, he hired the worst people.
    Some people are ideological terrorists. Their only goal is to tear down society. They'll back whoever they feel has the best chance of achieving that goal, no matter what that person's individual ideology may be, because their support isn't based on the platform, but on their being a destructive outsider who will destroy society.

Which isn't unique to people who vote for Bernie; see also all the idiots who voted for Trump and then realized "oh god I live in this society."

These people can't ever be useful, in this state. They have no answers. They have no concept of how to build something better. All they have is antipathy towards other people and a deep-seated hatred for the status quo. Their sole purpose and goal is to chuck a rhetorical Molotov and watch the flames spread.

https://www.vice.com/amp/en/article/...nt-theory-poll

Welp, thanks to Tucker Carlson mainstreaming it, now 2/3 of the Republican party appears to believe some flavor of the "Great Replacement" conspiracy theory.

Really, Stormfront and company owe Carlson big time. They should start giving him some awards at being the most effective spreader of white supremacist conspiracy theories and views in recent history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.vice.com/amp/en/article/...nt-theory-poll

Welp, thanks to Tucker Carlson mainstreaming it, now 2/3 of the Republican party appears to believe some flavor of the "Great Replacement" conspiracy theory.

Really, Stormfront and company owe Carlson big time. They should start giving him some awards at being the most effective spreader of white supremacist conspiracy theories and views in recent history.
    Straight up Nazi bullshit.

The Republican Party is lost. It can't survive as an active party if this is how it's gonna go. It has to be dismantled as a hostile and antagonistic force.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Straight up Nazi bullshit.

The Republican Party is lost. It can't survive as an active party if this is how it's gonna go. It has to be dismantled as a hostile and antagonistic force.
    hate to go all kokolums but i remember reading this the other day :

If civil war hadn’t begun in America in 1861 hundreds of thousands of people wouldn’t have died, and Atlanta would have gone unburned. But the Confederacy would have gone on slaving, and tried to spread slavery to a new, wider empire. As in Walter’s scenario for the next civil war, the rebels were the patriarchal white supremacists, the federal government the (marginally more) progressive side. But these roles could switch. This is an imaginative realm progressive America seems reluctant to enter, where Albany or Sacramento audition as the future Richmond, and a future Fort Sumter must be triggered by liberals, or not at all. It’s not unreasonable for Walter and many others to see a future civil war in America taking the form of a smouldering, uncoordinated insurgency by pro-Trump conspiracists against a liberal reigning order of corporations, media, government, academia and metro society. But the real danger might be that Trump and Republicans loyal to him cheat and lie their way to a victory that is accepted by Congress, federal power passes to an autocrat, and, after a period of mass protest, most liberals just put up with it, judging it not worth the blood and damage to fight for democracy. If it is a real danger that civil war may threaten democracy, it is also a real danger that democracy may die because its defenders refuse to start one.
    and thought it was quite relevant, as long as people in democracies act like the police outside the school it will get worse.
    Last edited by jonnysensible; 2022-06-03 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    hate to go all kokolums but i remember reading this the other day :

and thought it was quite relevant, as long as people in democracies act like the police outside the school it will get worse.
    It's not an issue of civil war, at this point.

But the gloves need to come off, at every level. Democrats in Congress need to be calling out their Republican colleagues for being Nazi shitbags. By which I mean I want the phrase "Nazi shitbags" to be leveled in the House of Representatives and Senate, out loud. Or the equivalent. No more benefit of any doubt. You oppose gun control? Then the stacks of dead kids is what you want, then. You oppose abortion rights? That's because you're a religious extremist and misogynist, whose only separation from the Taliban is the specific Abrahamic faith you use to justify your abuses. And so on.

Fuckin' call them out and stop letting them get away with half-truths and cover stories. And don't talk about "decorum". Tell the parents of Uvalde they have to bury their kids because you can't be indecorous in Congress. Decorum was off the table once Republicans pushed policies based on bigotry and exploitation-unto-death.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    hate to go all kokolums but and thought it was quite relevant, as long as people in democracies act like the police outside the school it will get worse.
    I think there's an argument there, but...I don't know. I've difficulty thinking in that direction.