Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What has to be improved in Dragonflight for you to love it?

For me it is a return of immersion. Like Talent Tree Revamp and Professions update might help for this alot ngl.
    I do hope we got a proper return of Weather effects, the rain effect on Classic WoW is still sooo much better then retail.
    Same with snowstorm and other weather effects.

A return of more casual stuff to do outdoor, that isn't WQ, example real WPvP or fun events. A reason for us to do something.

What would you wanna see improved in Dragonflight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

A rethinking of the end game. The trifecta of M+/raid/rated PvP can't be the only worthwhile things to do, a lot of people don't play the game that way anymore. They should go all in on providing a solo/small group-focused end game route so there's always content available for you to work on, no matter on who's online when you have the chance to play.

Balancing, flying, seasonal content, I don't care about any of that. All that matters is that there's stuff to do when I log in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    A rethinking of the end game. The trifecta of M+/raid/rated PvP can't be the only worthwhile things to do, a lot of people don't play the game that way anymore. They should go all in on providing a solo/small group-focused end game route so there's always content available for you to work on, no matter on who's online when you have the chance to play.

Balancing, flying, seasonal content, I don't care about any of that. All that matters is that there's stuff to do when I log in.
    For me the main content in WoW were the people to hang with. You would just see the usual people online and while you chill you start to do something togheter.
    This could had been attacking another town/city or just do some oldskool raid togheter. Sometimes even RP for fun.

I do hope they start to give the RP/Casual scene some more love.

I do see a big decline in the usual casual hangers which i do hope they can return.
    I loved just hanging in Goldshire and just laugh all day even though that ment you didn't really do much all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    For me the main content in WoW were the people to hang with. You would just see the usual people online and while you chill you start to do something togheter.
    This could had been attacking another town/city or just do some oldskool raid togheter. Sometimes even RP for fun.

I do hope they start to give the RP/Casual scene some more love.

I do see a big decline in the usual casual hangers which i do hope they can return.
    I loved just hanging in Goldshire and just laugh all day even though that ment you didn't really do much all day.
    Yeah, I don't disagree. I think that sort of thing comes naturally when people have reasons to be online and out in the world, but of course it'd be nice to see some dedicated developer love thrown that way too.

I am just so sick of doing the same instanced content over and over. M+, raiding, I fell out of love with that so long ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it is a return of immersion. Like Talent Tree Revamp and Professions update might help for this alot ngl.
    I do hope we got a proper return of Weather effects, the rain effect on Classic WoW is still sooo much better then retail.

A return of more casual stuff to do outdoor, that isn't WQ, example real WPvP or fun events. A reason for us to do something.

- Easier access to REAL flying
    - M+ dungeons locks you to a fixed iLevel (like Time walk) and rewards and strictly cosmetic.
    - Alliance needs to suffer A LOT of losses, to make up for unjust losses in the Horde.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

15+ Year Old Account
    The return of more stats on gear like arp and multistike along with hit and expertise. Static sockets. Cool effects on some pieces. Reforging. Making raid gear better than m+ gear so raiders arent forced to do it. Return of badges where you can buy a couple of raid or equivelent pieces

Completely abolish the in your face story as its complete garbage now and regulate it to quest text like it used to be

No more time gated grinds and normal flight from day one

Make leveling harder and have it take a week or more to get from 60-70

Actually make a lot of content because we get less and less every expansion. I want 15 dungeons and multiple raids a tier with each patch getting at least 1 new dungeon

Can keep wq but also bring back daily hubs so i have the choice in what i feel like doing

Fire the furries and delete the new race

Therea more but thats off the top of my head

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    - Easier access to REAL flying
    - M+ dungeons locks you to a fixed iLevel (like Time walk) and rewards and strictly cosmetic.
    - Alliance needs to suffer A LOT of losses, to make up for unjust losses in the Horde.
    Alliance suffering won't make people feel like playing from end till start of an expansion though xD

Let the Dracthyr be other classes immediately, not after Dragonflight is over. Like out of the box. It's super silly make a race that can only be one class.

7+ Year Old Account
    Rework Drakthyr model completely. New race should have new skeleton rig, not a reused one. Make Visage form for more races, not only m belfs and f humans.
    Third spec for Evoker.

Maybe the more realistic graphics of Vanilla WoW:

Instead of the cartoonish style we've got right now:

For me it's all about core elements. Sure lore and setting and so on aren't irrelevant, but what REALLY matters to me is the core of the gameplay experience: what you do, how you do it, and what you get out of everything.

I just want to come in and do cool shit. I don't want to worry about time-sensitive grinds, I don't want to be artificially held back in my convenience or core gameplay by arbitrary time-gating restrictions, and I don't want to be denied cool stuff for bad reasons.

Their current design philosophies clash with mine. Which is fine. I get that WoW isn't made specifically for me. Which is why I'm playing other things. If they want me back as a customer, things would need to change. I'd like that, but I'm not the sole audience; and I've accepted that maybe this just isn't the game for me anymore.

For me it’s making the entire game relevant and evergreen. If I wanna raid ragnaros at level 70, I should be able to experience it in its full glory at least as part of a raid rotation with its own PVE rewards track, even if only cosmetic.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2022-05-02 at 07:16 AM.

My foremost factor is my own timetable. ^^'
    I just started playing again due to health issues literally crippling me again (temporarily, i think).

During normal times i often find myself being able to play seriously maybe once every two to three weeks, so i'd need them to alter the subscription model. Maybe 10 days of in-game time for the same price as a month of "normal" gametime? Ine can dream.

I agree on the immersion, cutting down the bloat of systems is a very good start and "overworld" progression is even better, but things like timegating, repetitive PvE content will still break it immensely.

Class gameplay is a huge factor as well; a class needs to both perform and handle in a logically /thematically expected way.

And in terms of rewards: No bullshit gold costs like with legendaries, no stiff and moronic systems that force us into certain content.
    Let PvPers do PvE in PvP gear for all i care, just do not force people into raids, mythics or pvp if they do not want to be there by imposing penalties on their maximum achievable power, whether that be overworld power or power specific to their preferred content.

And stop being so stingy with sources of rewards anyway; Visions of N'zoth were great for affording a fourth path in which one could advance his power.
    And if "good" players whine about the unfairness of rng from such system then introduce a deterministic equivalent to it that factors in skill to some extent.
    And if they still whine then they are not the people you need to create good content for, you just need to manipulate them into feeling like they are winning and you'll satisfy them as good as you'll ever be able to.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account

One of the biggest improvements for me would be one that many other MMORPG players might dislike.. I want us to be in the dirt.. We should be back at champions/soldiers/explorers/adventurers, not all the other shit we've been through expansions. We need to be knocked down a few floors in the ranking.

Another one is luckily added in 9.2.5, cross-faction tools, which apparently is going to be looked into for expansion later on.

Another one is luckily the obvious one, get back home. No other realms as main expansion content.

Another one is luckily added, an expansion of the transmog system.

I wish we would get a sort button for the guild bank.

I wish we would get portals at the end of dungeons/raids where there isn't a quick exit.

I have many more wishes but I know they won't be there because I am the minority that the devs don't listen to, I'm no raider anymore, or M+, or PvP'er, I'm a world player and roleplayer.

Then again. I'll do my bit to spam certain wishes on the forum, or through PDF links to their feedback link.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me its world- and character-building.

I love games like GTA, the Witcher3 and RDR2, where I can just dive in and embrace the environment to get lost in it...and work on my character.

So for me that would mean:
    - more class AND race fantasy
    - more customisation
    - more emphasis on your main, instead on alts
    - larger worlds (increasing the size, draw distance and skybox)
    - make worlds more alive (no themepark stationary mobs, but mobs with their own ai and behavior that roam around and do stuff - think RDR2)

and I know this may be an unpopular opinion, but for me;
    Replace flying/mounting with the dragon-riding mechanic where you actually have to do stuff!
    We have afk-flying and it's called flightpaths. I want to ACTUALLY do some stuff while I ride!

I want characters I can actually care about. Koranos is a promising start

I HATED the MULTIPLE mandatory systems in Shadowlands. Being forced through the boring covenant campaign, being forced into the Maw for dailies in the most inconvenient of locations and being forced doing Torghast in order to get a legendary.

It's alright the first time around, but when you level a second character I am just demotivated from the start and end up quitting, like now.

I just want there to be an option where the Visage forms don't have so much scales on them and they look like actual humans and elves. The scales on the face really makes them look...off.

They mentioned no "Player Power" systems in place, just a talent tree. That's already winning me over.

If Dragonriding is about trying to keep the momentum up, then I suggest they focus on this "Stamina" bar thing they've been referring to in some of the interviews. That seems like a big deal especially with how much flying could deplete it.. and also Dragonriding feels to fly. Normal flying is basically like swimming but in mid-air.

Evokers seem interesting from a gameplay standpoint.

Honestly, everything we've heard from various interviews all sound promising and Blizz is starting to open up... my issue is that when we get our hands on the Alpha/Beta... there's going to be some sort of hidden caveat to some of these promises. They don't explain every detail, but they neglect to mention something that will result in the issue of "Well we added this in order to balance out content so that people don't devour it too fast" or something like that. Everyone has their own pace to go by.

Just let dracthyr use all armor slots in dragon form and let them benefit from upgraded dragonriding, and I will love Dragonflight!

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    - talent trees should offer meaningful choices rather than asking the players to get their setting from icyveins or wowhead
    That one is less of a Blizz issue and more of a player issue. Even in the old talent system people had to go with a specific build if they wanted play a certain way or have the most optimal build.

Though the fact that you can save multiple different talent loadouts, does mean you can make meme builds if you wanted to.