Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    honestly everything ive heard so far im enjoying but what i really hope is extensive world content...like SOOOOOO much more. its always a shame that they dont use the world for anything

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't mind the game in something similar to it's current form. The only thing I miss, or would like to see done differently in particular is the way dungeons are handled. I used to LOVE leveling alts just to start off with an underpowered green and blue geared toon that needed to spam queue for heroic dungeons until I was dead inside. I don't get to do that anymore because of the way (I think) m+ has kind of taken over and queueing is basically dead.

Oh, and glyphs. Why did we get rid of glyphs? I really enjoyed them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Go the entire xpac from start to finish without cutting a single sentence of story content during that time. Including whatever the prepatch event is. make it skippable if you like, but cut literally nothing.

We'll start there.
    I don't know what you mean, exactly, as someone who doesn't follow the stories much at all.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xero5141 View Post
    I honestly don't mind the game in something similar to it's current form. The only thing I miss, or would like to see done differently in particular is the way dungeons are handled. I used to LOVE leveling alts just to start off with an underpowered green and blue geared toon that needed to spam queue for heroic dungeons until I was dead inside. I don't get to do that anymore because of the way (I think) m+ has kind of taken over and queueing is basically dead.

Oh, and glyphs. Why did we get rid of glyphs? I really enjoyed them.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what you mean, exactly, as someone who doesn't follow the stories much at all.
    The prelaunch events (think war of thorns or the wotlk era battle for undercity) are timed-exclusive events, I think they should be rolled into the chromie-time experience. IE: BFA as the leveling path should begin with war of thorns, and not the siege on undercity. Make rewards timed if you must have something special for the subs active during that time, but I believe nothing story related should ever be cut from the game.

Another, worse example, is in shadowlands, when the story behind rescuing Jaina and Thrall was cut in the middle for the expansion. You play through that story now and they just suddenly appear in oribos. I think blizzard should only ever make stuff optional, it should never be cut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

To echo the people that are saying the game shouldn't be catered to the 1% or whatever, I wish there was more content to enjoy outside of mythic+ and raiding. World content is nice, but I mean stuff similar to the mage tower and torghast. I also wish there was more incentive to gear up outside of doing raids and mythics. Not more world bosses and daily quests, I mean challenging content outside of the current cookie cutter endgame.

I wish they would add more raids with one or a few bosses like Ony, Gruul's Lair, or Ruby Sanctum. You get to see more stories being told this way and Ony's lair was freaking awesome. Also, long raids get repetative and boring fast and seem like too much work in a single week for an average person with alts. Don't get me wrong, I like longer raids, but we don't seem to get much variety or originality anymore. LFR sucks.

5+ Year Old Account
    More frequent patches. They don't even have to add a new zone every patch, I just want new dungeons and story content.

For me it would be Making Loot, loot again and having it drop from bosses no more Personal Loot BS. Also sticking to their guns on the whole Borrowed Power BS that has plagued the game since Legion. Basically revert the game to MOP and have new class and new zones and Ill be happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polygons View Post
    To echo the people that are saying the game shouldn't be catered to the 1% or whatever, I wish there was more content to enjoy outside of mythic+ and raiding. World content is nice, but I mean stuff similar to the mage tower and torghast. I also wish there was more incentive to gear up outside of doing raids and mythics. Not more world bosses and daily quests, I mean challenging content outside of the current cookie cutter endgame.

I wish they would add more raids with one or a few bosses like Ony, Gruul's Lair, or Ruby Sanctum. You get to see more stories being told this way and Ony's lair was freaking awesome. Also, long raids get repetative and boring fast and seem like too much work in a single week for an average person with alts. Don't get me wrong, I like longer raids, but we don't seem to get much variety or originality anymore. LFR sucks.
    I totally agree I have always loved the raid tiers with many smaller raids. TBC worked because the raids were smaller and more manageable. I Loved T4 and T11 they were both fantastic. I would also love to have some more tank and spank bosses or have them have vastly less HP its not fun when a raid boss takes longer than 3-5 mins I don't want to just keep repeating the same mechanics over and over again. And I despise one shot mechanics.

• We need 7 questing zones at the bare minimum.
    • Zones must not be claustrophobically designed like what we've been getting since Legion.
    • The zones must feel alive. Lots of hamlets and areas that exist not to facilitate gameplay, but to make the world feel like an actual world, not a video game level. NPC traders walking along the roads, patrols, etc.
    • There must be substantial level-cap questing content.
    • The expansion needs MoP levels of quest quantity and quality.
    • Reputations need questlines again, along with proper hubs. World quests are a terrible substitute.
    • At least 3 raids at launch.
    • Patch content needs to come out once every 3 months. Patches need to be meaty. Patches should not be unpolished messes like 9.1 was.
    • Art direction needs to return to Warcraft's roots of high detail, rough shapes, and dark colors. None of this soft and fluffy pastel tumblr stuff.
    • Mage Tower must be brought back (not on a FOMO calendar event) and new challenges should be added. Bring the original rewards back. Also, bring back the legendary questlines, the War of Thorns questline, the Warlock Green fire questline, and all other removed content.
    • Implement FFXIV's duty roulette and duty support.
    • Dracthyr need to be revamped entirely to make them look like they belong to Warcraft, not a bizzare tumblr furry cartoon.
    • Dracthyr need a melee spec and a tank spec.
    • Dragon riding's animations and camera movement needs to be as good as GW2's at the bare minimum. Right now it clearly falls short.
    • Make the music great again. Hire composers who actually know how to make a banger soundtrack. Either bring back Jeremy Soule and Russell Brower, or hire Japanese composers.
    • Stop neglecting PvP. Add new BGs. For small scale PvP content, replace arenas and borrow from GW2's setup.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    What has to be improved?

Content, content, content.

Not 8 dungeons. Blizz can easily give us 16 dungeons. They should be giving us even more.

Not 3 raids. Blizz can easily give us 6 raids. They should be giving us even more.

Twice as many quests. Professions that provide something unique and interesting.

How do I know that they can do that? They used to. They should be giving us more...not less. It is *far* easier for them to create content now than when they did BC or Wrath. Let them know that they need to *earn* us back...not just put out PR about how everything is just super awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    Rework Drakthyr model completely. New race should have new skeleton rig, not a reused one. Make Visage form for more races, not only m belfs and f humans.
    Third spec for Evoker.
    This.

Dracthyr Evoker is the laziest thing ever. And it looks terrible on top of that.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    For me it is a return of immersion. Like Talent Tree Revamp and Professions update might help for this alot ngl.
    I do hope we got a proper return of Weather effects, the rain effect on Classic WoW is still sooo much better then retail.
    Same with snowstorm and other weather effects.

A return of more casual stuff to do outdoor, that isn't WQ, example real WPvP or fun events. A reason for us to do something.

What would you wanna see improved in Dragonflight?
    A. LOT.

but this will not gonna happen.

#moreofthesame
    #costeffective
    #milkthecow

Eh, let's actually see the thing first before we fall in love with it.
    What it does need to have when it launches is frequent content. Everything else helps but frequent content is what will actually keep people playing it.

Personally, I’ll wait on buying the expansion until I see old expansion raids added to the seasonal raids rotation. I’d like to play the full game, not just a patch or an expansion. I already paid for previous expansions and it makes no sense to see it all deserted and made obsolete.

It would be nice if they could at least turn the older raids into 5 man challenges at least with some interesting new cosmetic-only rewards.

Without variety and lots of choice, WoW PVE gets super repetitive fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    A reason for us to do something.
    Like what? In the older versions of the game u had rep farming and getting gold.

So far what is known looks good for me, i just hope dragon riding is not flappy bird style or any other jump and run puzzle dump. As well should there be enough open world content and content patches more frequently.

Including the player factions beyond the archaeologists. Last Saturday I bit and subscribed for the first time since 2019 to see the Shadowlands content. Got maybe halfway through Bastion. Tried to read the quest logs at first like a good lore nerd, but couldn't be bothered in the end. Something in my sense for the game has changed, I remember gobbling up the lore of original Pandarian factions and loved it, but now I just can't get excited if it isn't about Horde and Alliance. Having put nearly 500 hours into Valheim my yearning for well-designed faction bases is that much stronger. From the looks of it we're in for a bunch of tents. New art assets at least for the Reliquary, yes, that's nice I guess, but.. fucking tents.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

World PvP always on, incl. a way to dismount people in the air (with everyone getting a parachute), and a return to server drama. Server-only BGs and no more cross-server phasing. Free transfers in as soon as a server becomes worse than a 60:40 split or similar.

They're already doing a good job for me with dragonflight as long as they stick to it.

To love it? The story, world building, characters.. all of that would need to reach unprecedented heights, I would need to feel engaged and like I want to actually spend time in the world.
    That is simply unrealistic though, I'm glad if the gameplay doesn't suck, the systems aren't overburdening and the story is not insulting my intelligence at least.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Total class design rehaul minus maybe a couple specs.