Poll: Will you return for DF?

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'll definitely play launch. How long I stay will depend on whether or not I decide to join a raiding guild and how well that guild ends up doing. I've always found WoW to be the most fun in a raiding guild that's pushing content together and I loved SL right up until my guild died at 3/8 mythic CN.

Yes, taking a break now and will come back for Dragonflight. Things like rated solo queue are super appealing to me.

All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    As always, we'll see. *Every* expansion announcement is made to sound absolutely awesome. You won't see the cracks until late alpha / early beta testing that will tell you how it will really be.

This will be the first expansion that I will not play, Shadowlands happened to be the only expansion I didn't play all the way through.

Of all the things that are wrong with the game, none of the announcements or interviews inspire confidence that Blizz will tackle the core issues with the game. What was shown and the verbiage used indicates that Blizz is in panic mode and giving in on just about anything they think will pull in more players. There's already some issues that Blizz has said they don't intend to change, which demonstrates that things aren't necessarily going to be turning around for good.

To make a metaphor, Dragonflight looks like it could be a really nice paint job on a house... but if the foundation of the house is damaged, it'll collapse sooner or later. Right now, Blizz is the contractor trying to sell people a house based upon the paint job they're doing while ignoring structural integrity issues... and sadly, many home buyers will get fooled by the paint job and end up buying a defunct house that wastes their time and money in the long run.

Earliest I'll come back is 11.0, and that's only if 10.0 blows it out of the water in terms of fun and quality (which I hope it does!), as well as Blizz actually demonstrating that they're turning a new leaf and changing philosophies towards the better. It's way too soon to know if Blizz is just playing the long con or actually intends to change for the better.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Probably not, I like the expansion theme but there's nothing new being offered. Same or recycled gameplay systems. For yet another expansion.

BfA was the only expansion i didn't play on launch, because it was so bad. Shadowlands started ok, but the Maw as only endgame until 9.2 drove me away, and even if the new zone is good, i probably only return before Dragonflight. Compared to the shitty theme of BfA and because Sylvanas is hopefully, finally gone forever (hey, we can hope), then i'm really looking forward for it. Blizzard should finally go away with cosmic threads and faction conflict; there is so much still to tell in wow (maybe a new continent in the forbidden sea), so let's hope and see.

Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    Obviously the "no interest option" is the lowest since most people that abandoned wow are not using mmochamp anymore?
    Faith in humanity a little bit restored.

I'll probably play it, like it, raid a bit, then realize the infinite grind of M+ still exists, then quit. Just like Legion, just like BfA, just like SL. its ok to be "done" for the week, but nope. Gotta keep grinding for that ilvl!

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    As always, we'll see. *Every* expansion announcement is made to sound absolutely awesome. You won't see the cracks until late alpha / early beta testing that will tell you how it will really be.
    Even this is a bit contended now with how torghast went, it was great in alpha and early-mid beta iirc., but then late beta when many CCs already put out their opinion they changed it quite drastically even though no one really asked for it.

I can’t keep up with the pace they put out new content and cba to farm items again. Also I don’t like new race herp derp looks. Howevwr I will certainly try to play at some point because I want my old meaningful talent trees back. Been asking for it for 10 years now.

*will i return for dragon flight?*

Lmao.

No.

Currently gave up as no way I can catch up with the long list of complex tasks.
    New expansion seems more straightforward.
    As long as we can go back to the point where 16h per week can have a meaningful impact in character progress and being able to participate in a guilds struggle to defeat endgame PVE then am back.

Unsubscribed permanently in BfA. Shadowlands is the first expansion I haven't purchased. Nothing in Dragonflight shown so far has captivated me to return, but I realise we've not seen everything yet. But it better have something really good to draw me back. I know there's a lot of hate for it but deeply customisable player housing would definitely bring me back

Highly doubt it, and in the unlikely scenario that I do, it's to do some very casual sight-seeing stuff. Like no mythics, no PvP, no raiding.

I stopped playing when the first raid of BfA was still current. Shadowlands is the first expansion I've entirely skipped. Not because of the story, I stopped caring about that long ago. What made me lose interest was RaiderIO, and the complete and utter disillusionment it caused. You now had a fucking resume for job applications, and people loved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

Maybe, but very unlikely. Dragonflight looks fine for now, but it would need to be exceptionnal for me to return, even if just for the single player portion.

Dragonflight looks interesting, but this is Blizz we're talking about.

There's just no gas left in the engine.

The dev team is awesome at spreadsheets and numbers, but they wouldn't know fun if it bit them in the ass.

Its time for WoW to go free to play and just milk their customers for all they can while they sunset the game.

I guess i count as continuing to play since my subs are still active though I haven't played but like 2-3 hrs in 2022 so far.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    I guess i count as continuing to play since my subs are still active though I haven't played but like 2-3 hrs in 2022 so far.
    6 month sub, or just let it keep taking your money?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    Maybe, but very unlikely. Dragonflight looks fine for now, but it would need to be exceptionnal for me to return, even if just for the single player portion.
    I think the issue for some with the announcement was it basically was just "part of a class, part of a race, and.....you can fly dragons - yes, you have been able to fly dragons for 2 decades, but now they go FWOOOSH and spin a lot". There was no hook - no X-Factor. For some, thats fine and they are happy with what was announced. For someone not playing and looking to return, i just dont think they showed anything to bring a player back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Nobody uses Online forums anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    6 month sub, or just let it keep taking your money?

- - - Updated - - -

I think the issue for some with the announcement was it basically was just "part of a class, part of a race, and.....you can fly dragons - yes, you have been able to fly dragons for 2 decades, but now they go FWOOOSH and spin a lot". There was no hook - no X-Factor. For some, thats fine and they are happy with what was announced. For someone not playing and looking to return, i just dont think they showed anything to bring a player back.
    6 months but I couldn't tell you when they renew either... I've been a constant sub since release and just want to keep the streak going, thankfully I can afford it without much thought.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

The embarassing lack of content and poor game design makes it hard to justify dropping $75 to play Dragonflight, nevermind staying subbed throughout the expansion's lifecycle.