Poll: Will you return for DF?

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The way I see it is this. Even the worst WoW xpac so far still provided me enough play time to justify the box price and 2-3 months of sub. Beyond that I could see only subbing for a month (or maybe two) for each major patch and only after the major timegating is gone.

I am playing now, and as usual i'm goona play until i finish the content/enjoy the game then freeze and return when i like.

If the game is fun to me i'll play, otherwise i won't.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Poll tries to cover all bases, no bias from me either way. Its a simple question: From the little you have seen from DF, is it enough to bring you back?

Personally, im waiting to see more, in particular what they are doing with the classes. Nothing i have seen has interested me at all really, the dragon flying looks fun, but really wouldnt be enough for me to pay a sub and buy an expansion.

note - option for those who are currently playing and will continue to play so it doesnt appear bias.
    I'm currently playing, and while it is little, the information we got is actually huge, and it does make me hyped. Could it go terribly wrong still? yes. Should I reduce hype for the sake of my own mind in case they manage to fuck it up? yes.
    But from what's been seen so far, the changes they're making are what I want out of the game. I don't expect them to reinvent the wheel each expansion. I want good dungeons and raid, good story, decent world content (something like Zereth Mortis), and simple ever green systems instead of borrowed power.
    All of which, so far, seems to be their focus, hence, my hype.
    I can understand people don't play game like me and ask for more outside of that.
    But for me, all the changes are for the better, and if they manage to set up a good story on top of it, it's more than enough.
    Looking forward to dragon riding too.

Not likely, tired of paying for beta testing s expansion only to have everything that should have been done come out in the last patch.

This expansion is being developed at a time whete the company is in chaos, morale is super low, law suits and a pending sale . Too many red flags that quality is not going to be there. Ion still in charge is another big no no.

Atvi is just counting on everyone doing what they have Said here. Buy the expansion, try it and leave. They just want that initial injection of money from sales.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Nobody cares for content.

Good raid, good class balancing is all what we need to have fun. That is what WoW is(maybe also a good story).

No amount of housing or graphical improvements on the Dracthyr can justify quaility(or anything else) - if the game is lacking at it's core(and nobody seen this part yet).

So yeah - I will return to DF - I have no reason not to
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-05-03 at 12:06 PM.

From what i've seen so far, im definitely going to give it a shot, because i genuinely think some of it looks interesting compared to the lastest entries.
    we're getting talent trees back, a new healer class (despite the race being a bit yikes, im still gonna give it a spin), How to train your dragon gameplay (dragonriding), profession revisions etc.

I quit early in legion, and jumped back on classic when it released, but never looked at retail again.
    couple of friends needed someone to finish their 5-stack dungeon leveling group in retail here lately, and pulled me back in, and i've been enjoying it enough (raiding - sepulcher, dungeons & RP) that i'm gonna give the next entry a go for sure.

Currently not playing and it is 50/50 for me.

Mythic raiding is the only thing that appeals to me but I am not willing to grind boring, tedious, unfun or overly complex borrowed systems to min/max as a requirement to get into a raiding guild.

What do you feel was a 180 between BfA and SL?
    Everything, entire core game philosophy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Wtf are you talking about? BfA was a watered down version of legion with a much worse story. SL was a watered down version of BfA, with an even worse story.
    All of it was bad, but there was no 180° turn AFAIK on anything.
    BfA was legion done right without all the trash borrowed power on items. rng tonned down, no trash rng leggos, class wide AP, much less ap power gains, TF nerfed, no talents on items. Story was bit worse but its not like legion story was good.

And yes there was 180, tf removed, main core gameplay loop revolving around weekly bingo, pvp went full 180 pissing pve players in the process, again trash legendaries and more talents-on-items.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Depends if they finally add a W+ system think M+ for dungeons but for the world itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Where's the option for I'm currently playing but have no interest in Dragonflight tho?
    "I have no interest in DF" is not a good enough option? Dont be so silly.

Maybe i should have had 300 options:

- quit playing 1 weeks ago, wont play DF
    - quit playing 2 weeks ago, wont play DF
    - quit playing 3 weeks ago, wont play DF
    - I play Tuesdays currently but will play Fridays in DF

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Everything, entire core game philosophy.
    Totally disagree and only experienced extremely minor changes between the two, and its actually a common complaint from many players.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2022-05-04 at 01:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Totally disagree and only experienced extremely minor changes between the two, and its actually a common complaint from many players.
    Weekly bingo lottery totally changed entire experience of getting loot drops to getting bingo lottery tickets. Turned M+ into checklist.
    And again we got borrowed power that was semi integral of class (not a generic trinket like effect) baked into covenants.
    And again we got talents-on-gear, this time around, super fucking expensive ones.
    Even more fomo and even more handholding (M+ changes).
    That is what i call common complaints.

I honestly have no idea how people consider that "minor change". Its like saying changing perma employment contract with static salary into B2B with performance based salary is a "minor change".

If it wouldn't be 180, there would be at least one of my group of friends that would play. We all literally quit at the beginning of SL.
    Shadowlands was NOTHING like BfA experience wise.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

I re-subbed with gold a few days ago to see how this "new direction" is playing out in live. Still on the fence for DF as there's for too much unknown right now.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My answer is a solid NO.

Reason is lore. They destroyed whatever I liked in WoW universe and I don't see any redemption in close future. I will follow story through forums but again, my hope is really low with the current team.

Not a preorder sheep here. Gonna wait for Bays spec breakdowns and see if anything actually looks fun before I waste my time again. The only thing about the announcement that even made me raise an eyebrow about was talents and no borrowed power systems.

So I'll see you what degree they mess everything up then decide if I want to take part.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Weekly bingo lottery totally changed entire experience of getting loot drops to getting bingo lottery tickets. Turned M+ into checklist.
    And again we got borrowed power that was semi integral of class (not a generic trinket like effect) baked into covenants.
    And again we got talents-on-gear, this time around, super fucking expensive ones.
    Even more fomo and even more handholding (M+ changes).
    That is what i call common complaints.

I honestly have no idea how people consider that "minor change". Its like saying changing perma employment contract with static salary into B2B with performance based salary is a "minor change".

If it wouldn't be 180, there would be at least one of my group of friends that would play. We all literally quit at the beginning of SL.
    Shadowlands was NOTHING like BfA experience wise.
    So one CHANGE, and two "again we got"......so........ONE change you can mention, and two things which remained the same, and what "hand holding" was introduced to M+?

I just dont see any fundamental (180) changes here at all, but rather personal opinions about things you prefer. Also, your weird little anecdote at the end about "if it wasn't a 180, my friends would be playing" is completely rubbish, and i suspect you know that. Forza Horrizon 4 was really similar to 3. I didnt play much fo 4 at all.

- - - Updated - - -

People consider it a minor change because it only impacted a tiny percentage of players. It still blows my mind that people dont realize a TINY percentage of the playerbase complete +15s, and only a tiny percentage of players do M+ at all. To be clear, last Blizzard spoke about this subject, the majority of players do not do ANY organized group content at all. Its a classic case of "me and my friends enjoy this one aspect of the game, therefore its the core of the entire game for most people". Its simply not the case.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Not Convinced enough... Need more details further for dragonflight.

So one CHANGE, and two "again we got"......so........ONE change you can mention, and two things which remained the same, and what "hand holding" was introduced to M+?

I just dont see any fundamental (180) changes here at all, but rather personal opinions about things you prefer. Also, your weird little anecdote at the end about "if it wasn't a 180, my friends would be playing" is completely rubbish, and i suspect you know that. Forza Horrizon 4 was really similar to 3. I didnt play much fo 4 at all.

- - - Updated - - -

People consider it a minor change because it only impacted a tiny percentage of players. It still blows my mind that people dont realize a TINY percentage of the playerbase complete +15s, and only a tiny percentage of players do M+ at all. To be clear, last Blizzard spoke about this subject, the majority of players do not do ANY organized group content at all. Its a classic case of "me and my friends enjoy this one aspect of the game, therefore its the core of the entire game for most people". Its simply not the case.
    Everything and everyone was impacted by removal of TF and introduction of bingo lottery. Its not "tiny percentage", its literally almost everyone with strict exception of twinks, AH players that just don't play anything else and RPers that dont do quests.

Players that don't do group content had no chance to get any decent gear. PVP got their vendor AND got shoved into bingo lottery as well.

Also you do realize I have wide variety of friends that played this game, not just raiders or M+ players right? Achievement hunters, pet collectors, old content farmers etc. All of them quit or switched to classic. It's again your wrong assumption that i did not have non hardcore friends.

It was complete 180 for most of their core gameplay loop, the only one unaffected were people who had zero interest in gear whatsoever.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep I'll be back because I love dragons. Dragons breath mmorpg to me.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Everything and everyone was impacted by removal of TF and introduction of bingo lottery. Its not "tiny percentage", its literally almost everyone with strict exception of twinks, AH players that just don't play anything else and RPers that dont do quests.

Players that don't do group content had no chance to get any decent gear. PVP got their vendor AND got shoved into bingo lottery as well.

Also you do realize I have wide variety of friends that played this game, not just raiders or M+ players right? Achievement hunters, pet collectors, old content farmers etc. All of them quit or switched to classic. It's again your wrong assumption that i did not have non hardcore friends.

It was complete 180 for most of their core gameplay loop, the only one unaffected were people who had zero interest in gear whatsoever.
    What amazing gear could a solo player get that they no longer could? They had all the covenant gear and legos, as well as all the other avenues that existed previously.

What amazing gear could a solo player get that they no longer could? They had all the covenant gear and legos, as well as all the other avenues that existed previously.
    You could get upgrades from literally anywhere due to TF. Getting to heroic level gear was pretty trivial.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV