Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What mini games would you like in game?

What mini games would you like in game? If any?

Me i would add arm wrestling, beer chugging, axe throwing mini games at inns to add immersion. Maybe add a nice buff for winning. Add leaderboards too, for all mini games including darkmoon faire.
    Last edited by Sauredfangs; 2022-05-28 at 08:52 AM.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

It would be cool if WoW followed in GW2's footsteps and introduced a questing zone where you mostly did non-combat gameplay, like Grothmar Valley. Helping chefs cook food for an army on time, helping kids build a snowman army to intimidate enemies, etc.

Also, make crafting fun by adding the minigames from FFXIV or Kingdom Come Deliverance.

- - - Updated - - -

Dragon racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It would be cool if WoW followed in GW2's footsteps and introduced a questing zone where you mostly did non-combat gameplay, like Grothmar Valley. Helping chefs cook food for an army on time, helping kids build a snowman army to intimidate enemies, etc.

Also, make crafting fun by adding the minigames from FFXIV or Kingdom Come Deliverance.

- - - Updated - - -

Dragon racing.
    Maybe they can introduce those to cities, like cleaning the streets, playing with orphans. And proffession mini games could be nice. Dragon riding would be perfect for this expansion!
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

Correspondence Chess. Except when you open your letter a full chessboard pops out with the current board and a piece moves.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post

Me i would add arm wrestling, beer chugging, axe throwing mini games at inns to add immersion. Maybe add a nice buff for winning. Add leaderboards to, for all mini games including darkmoon faire.
    Dragonriding racing could be something.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Dragon racing.
    So you want everything from other games. OK.

So... Why not just go play those games? Why are you only happy when WoW copies everything from other games? This is like the third or fourth post I've seen where you say "it would be so cool if WoW would steal this or that from such and such game". Yeah, that's really fun.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Dodgeball. Perhaps mini-golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    So you want everything from other games. OK.

So... Why not just go play those games? Why are you only happy when WoW copies everything from other games? This is like the third or fourth post I've seen where you say "it would be so cool if WoW would steal this or that from such and such game". Yeah, that's really fun.
    Why is this a problem? WoW was always built upon taking good ideas from other games. Just to name a few examples:

• The game started out as a streamlined Everquest clone.
    • WoW's faction system was (from the developer's own mouths) based off of Dark Age of Camelot's Realm vs Realm setup.
    • WoW implemented arenas after small scale instanced PvP in Guild Wars 1 proved popular.
    • Rift launched with AoE looting, scenarios, and proving grounds. WoW implemented all of these shortly after.
    • WoW implemented Ashran after the mass scale PvP zones in Elder Scrolls Online (Cryodil) and Guild Wars (WvW) proved popular.
    • Pokemon started becoming extremely popular during the late 2000s/early 2010s after a slump during the early-mid 2000s. Pokemon Facebook games also started becoming very popular at this time. Blizzard billed Pet Battles as one of the big features of Mists of Pandaria.
    • One of the most notable things about Wildstar was its consistent use of telegraphing AoEs that the player can dodge. WoW followed suit shortly after with the WoD expansion.
    • WoW implemented transmog after GW2 introduced the transmutation system.
    • WoW introduced the action camera after GW2 introduced the action camera during the HoT expansion.
    • One of Guild Wars 2's most notable features is level scaling. The Elder Scrolls online also had this. WoW added level scaling during the Legion expansion.
    • The WoW tokens were copied from EVE Online's PLEX.
    • WoW began leaning more heavily on cutscenes, and began playing up "the story" after FFXIV started becoming extremely popular in 2018/2019.
    • The Great Vault in Shadowlands is Wondrous Tails from FFXIV.

Innovation staves off stagnation and widens the audience, which in turn increases revenue, which in turn means we can get a higher production value game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post

Me i would add arm wrestling, beer chugging, axe throwing mini games at inns to add immersion. Maybe add a nice buff for winning. Add leaderboards to, for all mini games including darkmoon faire.
    Darkmoon Faire shouldn't be so freakin garbage. I was in FF14 today and they have a mini-game shooting gallery that is an actual shooting gallery with a first-person view and a targeting reticle. I know that WoW can make these small changes, and it would go so far to just make certain parts of the game feel better.

- - - Updated - - -

They aren't innovating though. They are copying. The best part of Old Blizzard was that they would take an idea and make it better, not worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Nothing will ever top the plant vs zombie minigame

Another idea would be some sort of football with dragons.

I really like Dodgeball. Want to play it with my husband))

I would just like to see some more challenging puzzles that Zerith Mortis gave us.

I am really puzzled why they never did this. It would only take adding one mini game per expansion and they would have a bunch now. Talk about potential community building if done well...

Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    I am really puzzled why they never did this. It would only take adding one mini game per expansion and they would have a bunch now. Talk about potential community building if done well...
    I'd enjoy the rage from certain guys about "wasting dev time" on minigames instead of <insert whatever thing that said rager likes> nearly as much as the games themselves.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    Darkmoon Faire shouldn't be so freakin garbage. I was in FF14 today and they have a mini-game shooting gallery that is an actual shooting gallery with a first-person view and a targeting reticle. I know that WoW can make these small changes, and it would go so far to just make certain parts of the game feel better.
    ...WoW DOES have areas where you do just that? There's an entire quest line in Mists of Pandaria where you play as the SI:7 agent Amber and shoot Hozen through her sniper rifle. The thing is - no one liked that, they thought it was dumb and stupid, so Blizzard stopped doing stuff like that. They could easily add a shooting gallery into the game that uses the same system the SI:7 scenario in Pandaria does rather than the shooting gallery we have in the Darkmoon Faire right now, but just like the shooting gallery in XIV - it would just involve you clicking on things on the screen.

Contrary to what people on this forum seem to think - Blizzard DOES in fact listen to the playerbase, usually too often, which leads to the cool stuff you're talking about only being used once, and then never again, because of negative feedback to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a mini-game but a good base-building and resources game that has some depth would be welcome. This wouldn't be garrisons. This would be an actual thing inside WoW that would involve some detail. There are a bunch of good base-building zombie games on mobile that would translate nicely. Personally I don't think they turn the game around by thinking small.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Tower defense! Enemy waves come that are too strong for you to take on alone, so you can place defensive towers, NPC allies, and supportive structures to withstand the attack.

My idea for player-created content - https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-thing-for-WoW!

There are so many Warcraft 3 custom games that would be transferable to WoW: Run Kitty Run, Mazes, Sheep Tag, Angel Arena, Footman Wars, Tower Defenses, etc.

And I know without a doubt that the community would create incredible new games as well, just as they did in Warcraft 3. All we need is an editor.

Oh, and someone had the tremendous idea of having players be able to play Hearthstone, Overwatch, and Heroes of the Storm while playing WoW. There's an arcade or place to que up. Or you could just challenge someone to a hearthstone match as you would a duel, pet battle, etc.
    Last edited by TheWorkingTitle; 2022-05-28 at 04:54 AM.

Tower defense comes to mind. Maybe something with an active role, like the 12 Blademasters maps. They need a mode where you do survival but gain exp over the course of the match and get to choose your upgrades, sorta like how Torghast grants buffs and bonuses.