Poll: Will you return for DF?

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Will you Return for DragonFlight?

Poll tries to cover all bases, no bias from me either way. Its a simple question: From the little you have seen from DF, is it enough to bring you back?

Personally, im waiting to see more, in particular what they are doing with the classes. Nothing i have seen has interested me at all really, the dragon flying looks fun, but really wouldnt be enough for me to pay a sub and buy an expansion.

note - option for those who are currently playing and will continue to play so it doesnt appear bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

I play and plan to continue to play. I won't, however, if we repeat the Shadowlands content droughts. One content patch per year is not worth paying monthly subscription for.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

I fell off during Sanctum in Shadowlands. I see potential in the next expansion, but the earliest I'll join will probably be 10.1. Got tons upon tons of other games to play with all the bundles that happened in recent months.

I'm on the fence about it. I'm probably 60/40 towards not coming back. I like what I've heard so far (mor or less) but since SL, I've gotten the feeling that the game direction just isn't my cup of tea anymore. They are reversing course on some of the stuff that drove me away, but I'm not confident that this game team is terribly interested in pushing the type of content and story that I like. Which is fine. I've gotten many years of fun out of the game so far.

I'm perfectly ok with playing an expansion for a season, and then not playing for a while. Keeps it fresh enough to enjoy for myself. If they maybe figure out a way to make the second season/tier fantastic, that'd be the only way to keep my attention, maybe even not. I missed the whole Legion expansion because I didn't want to play anymore, but the Dragons and return to a vanilla 1.2 type gameplay has me intrigued.

I doubt it.

There's some good things, most notably the talent system revamp; but there's still an overall philosophical trend I don't agree with. Gating flying, restricting dracthyr to a single class, etc. Those aren't choices I want to support. And this isn't 2005 anymore - there's SO MUCH to play now I really don't have to compromise. So I won't.

I'll keep an eye on things, though. If there's changes I may reconsider. But I don't expect them to make the kinds of changes that'd get me back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Took a break and came back for 9.2. Due to commitments, I definitely won't be playing the last patch of DF.

I'll try DF launch, but dungeons and social gameplay (RP; friends and guildies returning) will make or break it for me. Not interested in over half the "features."

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I'm on the fence about it. I'm probably 60/40 towards not coming back. I like what I've heard so far (mor or less) but since SL, I've gotten the feeling that the game direction just isn't my cup of tea anymore. They are reversing course on some of the stuff that drove me away, but I'm not confident that this game team is terribly interested in pushing the type of content and story that I like. Which is fine. I've gotten many years of fun out of the game so far.
    Probably the best response from a I don’t play anymore person I have seen on this site. I feel the same way as you do.

I'll come back to check it out, but how long I'll end up staying subbed will be the better question.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Took a break and came back for 9.2. Due to commitments, I definitely won't be playing the last patch of DF.

I'll try DF launch, but dungeons and social gameplay (RP; friends and guildies returning) will make or break it for me. Not interested in over half the "features."
    I think the dragon flying stuff is fine, its certainly not a negative for me, but it really falls short of a "feature" in my book. Maybe a PATCH feature, but one of the core features of the expansion? nah, not for me.

Like i said for me personally, the CLASSES and how they play is the core of the game, so if i see / play beta and really like the changes, ill give DF a fair go, but as it stands, nothing announced appealed to me at all. I think the new class looks absolutely terrible, and the race that goes along with it seems half baked and really didnt impress me even in the slightest. To be clear, i dont play pandas, but think they look awesome and love the animations, so im not saying i just dont like the look of them, im saying i personally think they look half done at best.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Haven’t played since legion and I haven’t made that decision yet, it’s leaning toward a yes with the new rated solo q arena, the way you get pvp gear, the new class looks interesting, etc. But if the gameplay itself looks bland as hell then it will be a hard no. Waiting for beta

Quote Originally Posted by Temporaldrift View Post
    Haven’t played since legion and I haven’t made that decision yet, it’s leaning toward a yes with the new rated solo q arena, the way you get pvp gear, the new class looks interesting, etc. But if the gameplay itself looks bland as hell then it will be a hard no. Waiting for beta
    I havnt pvp'd in a long time but could be interested in that aspect. I personally think the entire PvP system needs a revamp, but thats unlikely this deep into wows history. Even Arena is ancient at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I havnt pvp'd in a long time but could be interested in that aspect. I personally think the entire PvP system needs a revamp, but thats unlikely this deep into wows history. Even Arena is ancient at this point.
    I completely agree I for sure want to see what the combat is like before buying it. This could be different now but I hated how arena turned into a cooldown based game. It felt almost impossible to ever kill someone without cooldowns and it always felt like you had to wait until everyone on their team had used all their defensive “oh shit” buttons in order to win. It felt very bland. I haven’t played since then so maybe it has changed since. But the tbc/wotlk era of arena was always my favorite where it felt like interrupts/fake casting/and cc is what won you most of your games.

Yep, I return for every expansion. No matter what simply experiencing the new content/dungeons/revamp and playing WoW for a bit again is always worth the price of an expansion.

That being said, since BFA I only really play WoW for like the first 2 weeks of an expansion and then maybe a for a bit on the final patch. This is partly down to Blizzards new design model of add broken/time consuming mechanics that don't respect the player and then "fix" them in later patches and partly just down to the fact I have done everything I'll ever do in WoW so outside of experiencing new content and playing the game during the final patch when it's in a more enjoyable state I have very little left to do in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not subbed currently, I'm interested in DF but waiting to hear more...but I will be back for WotLK classic if nothing else

Not currently playing myself. Stopped after the first raid. But I will be back for the new expansion. Gotta try all new healers.

Mainly playing classic with retail every now and then. Will definitely try out DF, but I very much doubt it will top WotLK, so most likely will be the same with playing mainly LK classic with DF every now and then.

The changes do sound good, except the new race/class ... don't care about that.

Nope. I think the changes might be ok, but I have moved on at this point.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The idea was to quit but my wife loved the theme, so we compromised and now I'll play moar WoW :V

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as I still find enjoyable things to do in the game, I will continue to play it. The only time i took an extended break was when my computer melted down due to a house fire and I had to wait until I could afford a decent computer to replace it and play again.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.