Poll: Will you return for DF?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So far yeah... moreso if they an restrain themselves from adding secondary systems.

I kind of have the itch of wanting to try mythic+ and pvp again. I'll play dragonflight at least when it comes out for the gameplay and see how it goes. I've lost interest in WoW story and its delivery since teldrassil and how they have handled it since then.

Also, there's barely any horde characters left to even carry the story forward anymore. WoW is basically just an alliance game now with Jaina, Anduin, Tyranse, malfy, Genn, Turalyon, and alleria etc etc etc. Who's on the horde? Baine who sit on the floor for an entire expansion? Thrall who lost his powers and is retired and is voiced by Metzen who has his own company now? Lorthemar? Hes just a reagent with a sword who rarely tries getting involved in stuff. The new troll leader Rekkan doesn't even have a unique model. Theres no one to really be excited about following on Horde side and its hinestly pathetic blizzard let this happen.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2022-05-01 at 11:37 PM.

Not subbed atm and haven't been since the ... whatever the first raid in SL was called.

I will at least come back for DF start. Expansion starts are always fun. Whether I stay or not depends on if there is content for me to do what i like to do.

Unsure.
    I’m generally optimistic about a lot of the “changes” but most of them just seem like reverting the game, which honestly doesn’t “feel” like an expansion to me.
    New UI, talent trees, master loot, professions hopefully being relevant again are all mediocre “box features” for hype. Hell, most of them feel like things that should have been happening for years now.
    I suppose I wanted something new and exciting to hype up the expansion, but the new race/class is beyond the derp-pale for me to consider …which leaves me with just dragon riding and 4 new zones.
    I dunno. I guess I just was hoping for something more, vague as that is.

I'm currently unsubbed, I will try it.

If its fun I'll stay, if its not fun I'll leave.

There is just so much stuff to play that I don't really need to deal with Blizz if I don't want to.

Gonna do the same I have been doing for many years now, play for a month or two when an expansion or new major patch hits and then leave.

if mythic raids support a smaller format, like cata/mop 10s, sure. otherwise nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Trifande View Post
    if mythic raids support a smaller format, like cata/mop 10s, sure. otherwise nope.
    This is a big one for me as well. They need to implement smaller raid sizes again. Needing 20 people on the same server while also enforcing lockouts where you csnt join a different group if you killed trash mobs with a different group is just too restrictive for 2022. Just let us play the game.

Limit and method will always find a way to exploit loot in raids. Just let us play the damn game and make it more convenient to play with friends in a reasonable raid size.

I think 15 would be a healthy amount and compromise. Pugs usually do 2/4/9 in heroic and that gives you enough diversity and also reduces the burden by 25%.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2022-05-01 at 11:53 PM.

Interesting, this poll indicates there are more players currently not playing wow voting than are. Shows good promise... if Blizzard can get their act together and make the game very compelling to play, they might be able to recover what they lost over the past few expansions.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    I play and plan to continue to play. I won't, however, if we repeat the Shadowlands content droughts. One content patch per year is not worth paying monthly subscription for.
    If you want Blizzard to actually hear this - cancel your subscription and put this note in there.

Don't resubscribe till at least DF launch week.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    The idea was to quit but my wife loved the theme, so we compromised and now I'll play moar WoW :V
    I also choose this guys wife

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahraa View Post
    Interesting, this poll indicates there are more players currently not playing wow voting than are. Shows good promise... if Blizzard can get their act together and make the game very compelling to play, they might be able to recover what they lost over the past few expansions.
    That's a lot to recover. Would take potential movement of mountains, but nothing says it can't be done!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a big fat maybe, though.

Several of my friends want to play and I'd love to get to play with them again... but I really need to see improvement.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I want to try solo queue. But then again, playing wow kills so much time off your life...

No. Didn't play Shadowlands and I won't play this shit either. WoW isn't WoW anymore, nor is Blizzard still Blizzard. It shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I doubt it.

There's some good things, most notably the talent system revamp; but there's still an overall philosophical trend I don't agree with. Gating flying, restricting dracthyr to a single class, etc. Those aren't choices I want to support. And this isn't 2005 anymore - there's SO MUCH to play now I really don't have to compromise. So I won't.

I'll keep an eye on things, though. If there's changes I may reconsider. But I don't expect them to make the kinds of changes that'd get me back.
    "Gating flying" dragon riding is literally a better version of our flying and it is day 1. It literally goes faster than 310 max flying speed.

People who are complaining about stuff like this are the reason why the devs barely listen to stupid feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ahraa View Post
    Um...read the poll again. It shows more people are still playing and will continue

Probably nah. Seeing SL became raid logging then DF will be even more of that, I wouldn't be able to keep up my interest for that. Saying that, if they make a bigger pool of classes fun then who knows. Gameplay > Content.

I be back for 9.2.5 for some cross faction action, but doubt it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    "Gating flying" dragon riding is literally a better version of our flying and it is day 1. It literally goes faster than 310 max flying speed.

People who are complaining about stuff like this are the reason why the devs barely listen to stupid feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Um...read the poll again. It shows more people are still playing and will continue
    I’m sure if you broke down the other two answers most of them aren’t playing tbh. I mean I voted for maybe but I’m not playing and I’ve seen a ton more people say the same thing

I'll probably, as always, try the new expansion up until the point where time investment requirements go through the roof.
    For BfA I lasted around 2 months, in Shadowlands only 1 month. Legion I was still a dedicated raider for ~3-4 months until I got burnt out by the endless AP and Legendary grinds, Legion was a good expansion with raiding (etc.) from what I remember ...but I just couldn't bare the 6hrs/day grinding for months and months (we had 2-3 alts in my guild at the time).
    BfA and Shadowlands ended up being the same thing, I went through the story/stories, did the first raid on Heroic as casual with my Guild (who still raided Mythic). Started doing the campaign/achievements and other collectable things, but after a while the only progression path I had left (aside from waiting for timegated content) was doing M+ dungeons or Mythic raiding which comes with a whole different level of time investment than I can put down.

I really do hope Blizzard allows for more alt flexibility in Dragonflight so we can see more storylines if the different Dragon Aspects become the new "Covenants", which I think could happen. I also 100% want to try out the new Class/spec and experience that on the side, so there's a lot of content waiting there aswell. I can only hope there's more than 1 month of content accessable for casual dad-gamers in Dragonflight.

Depends on how long it takes to come out. I might lose any small semblance of interest I have by that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Yep, I return for every expansion. No matter what simply experiencing the new content/dungeons/revamp and playing WoW for a bit again is always worth the price of an expansion.

That being said, since BFA I only really play WoW for like the first 2 weeks of an expansion and then maybe a for a bit on the final patch. This is partly down to Blizzards new design model of add broken/time consuming mechanics that don't respect the player and then "fix" them in later patches and partly just down to the fact I have done everything I'll ever do in WoW so outside of experiencing new content and playing the game during the final patch when it's in a more enjoyable state I have very little left to do in WoW.
    Wish everyone here thinks like this, if you played wow before for a good amount of time it's always worth to return for the new stuff

i feel like most debating that they will not play because of X thing or that they will play if blizz added X thing, end up playing anyways dunno why they keep doing this dance every expansion
    Last edited by dragonflight10; 2022-05-02 at 12:31 AM.