Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
  1. #281
    I have a fucking great idea. Runemaster. Class that would use titanic rune constructs and shoot runic hand cannon, their own class unique weapon.

  2. #282
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    17,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Then the entire discussion is pointless, because there’s no way to know the population of base races if Allied Races didn’t exist. Their population is simply too large to discount.
    No, your red herring is pointless, because we're not talking about population. We're talking about popularity. And the gnomes and goblins are simply, objectively, not popular among the player base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  3. #283
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    22,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No, your red herring is pointless, because we're not talking about population. We're talking about popularity. And the gnomes and goblins are simply, objectively, not popular among the player base.
    Again, we can't ascertain the popularity of any race if we aren't counting the AR population, because the AR population numbers potentially affect the base race population numbers.

    Like I said, I know the actual race numbers shatter your silly narrative which is why you want to apply conditions instead of simply looking at the numbers at hand. Not surprising since it's a typical tactic you use.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-05-14 at 11:03 PM.

  4. #284
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    17,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Again, we can't ascertain the popularity of any race if we aren't counting the AR population, because the AR population numbers potentially affect the base race population numbers.
    We are not talking about population numbers. Can't you understand simple words?

    Like I said, I know the actual race numbers shatter your silly narrative
    It doesn't, because population numbers are irrelevant. We're talking about popularity among the player base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  5. #285
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    22,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    We are not talking about population numbers. Can't you understand simple words?


    It doesn't, because population numbers are irrelevant. We're talking about popularity among the player base.
    The number of players playing Goblins and Gnomes is irrelevant?

  6. #286
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    17,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The number of players playing Goblins and Gnomes is irrelevant?
    Yes. Yes, it is. Because we're not talking population numbers.

    We're talking popularity. You know, the proportion of players within the playerbase? Percentages? You know percentages, right? Or do you have selective memory and you only know percentages when it suits your arguments?

    It doesn't matter if five, fifty, five hundred, five thousand or fifty million players play gnomes and goblins, when a number of player over twenty times bigger than that play the other races, and proportion-wise the gnomes and goblins are below quite the 50% mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  7. #287
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    22,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yes. Yes, it is. Because we're not talking population numbers.

    We were talking about Goblins (and Gnomes) being the least played races in WoW. Since I’ve shown that not to be the case, you’ve shifted the goalposts to a new argument entirely.

    Per usual.

    The point is this; Goblins rank mid tier in terms of playable races, and Undermine and Tinker are Goblin-centric concepts. An Undermine expansion would increase their numbers, but that would be irrelevant, because the goal of the expansion wouldn’t be to increase the numbers of Goblin players, it would be to provide interesting WC content, which such an expansion would obviously provide.

    Current race numbers are also irrelevant for a potential technology-based class, because a new class would obviously cause more players to roll Goblins, Gnomes, and Vulpera.

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    An Undermine expansion would increase their numbers.
    No it wouldn't because only freaks would play that expansion. Goblins are fucking weird and should be taken out of the game.

  9. #289
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    22,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    No it wouldn't because only freaks would play that expansion. Goblins are fucking weird and should be taken out of the game.
    You’re trying too hard.

  10. #290
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    17,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    We were talking about Goblins (and Gnomes) being the least played races in WoW. Since I’ve shown that not to be the case, you’ve shifted the goalposts to a new argument entirely.

    Per usual.
    And you're wrong. As per usual. And dishonestly misrepresenting the argument. Again, as per usual. Let see my original argument:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    But it doesn't change the fact that they're not popular for the player base, considering how, again, they're one of, if not the least played races in the game, discounting allied races.
    I said they are one of the least played races. Which they are, and your own link evidences it as they sit in the bottom 50% of the list. Gnomes are even just three ranks above the last spot, being #19 from 23 races. And, if you discount allied races, gnomes are literally bottom tier while gnomes sit on the bottom 30% list.

    So, no. Not only I'm not "shifting the argument", but your own link backs me up, here.

    The point is this; Goblins rank mid tier in terms of playable races,
    And still unpopular.

    An Undermine expansion would increase their numbers,
    No, it wouldn't. WoD did not increase the number of draenei and orc characters being played.

    because the goal of the expansion wouldn’t be to increase the numbers of Goblin players,
    So now that you've been proven wrong, you're trying to pretend that "increasing goblin/gnome populations" is no longer a goal?

    it would be to provide interesting WC content, which such an expansion would obviously provide.
    Any expansion idea can easily provide "interesting WC content". That's a non-argument.

    Current race numbers are also irrelevant for a potential technology-based class, because a new class would obviously cause more players to roll Goblins, Gnomes, and Vulpera.
    No. No, it wouldn't. Especially vulpera. Vulpera are no more "tech class material" than taurens and night elves are. The sole reason you push vulpera as tinkers is because they're a small race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Again, we can't ascertain the popularity of any race if we aren't counting the AR population, because the AR population numbers potentially affect the base race population numbers.

    Like I said, I know the actual race numbers shatter your silly narrative which is why you want to apply conditions instead of simply looking at the numbers at hand. Not surprising since it's a typical tactic you use.
    I mean, if we are counting in the AR Population I think its important here to consider that AR races actually start with a disadvantage because you need a high level characters which fulfill specific conditions before you can do a quest chain that unlocks the use of Allied Races, which right before Shadowlands had been even more strict by requiring exalted with a specific reputation, so other than with base races people have to do out of their way to be able to play one. Which makes it even more impressive that Void Elves or Zandalari for example have managed to gain quite a significant playerbase.

  12. #292
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    22,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    I mean, if we are counting in the AR Population I think its important here to consider that AR races actually start with a disadvantage because you need a high level characters which fulfill specific conditions before you can do a quest chain that unlocks the use of Allied Races, which right before Shadowlands had been even more strict by requiring exalted with a specific reputation, so other than with base races people have to do out of their way to be able to play one. Which makes it even more impressive that Void Elves or Zandalari for example have managed to gain quite a significant playerbase.
    Well sure. My point is that you can’t get an accurate view of a race’s popularity if you exclude ARs, since they make up such a large percentage of the player base.

  13. #293
    I've always liked the titan's aesthetic ever since I first ran though Uldaman. they keep bringing titan facilities back which I like but we've never really had much for zones much less expansions. which, given the course this franchise has taken I wish we cut out a few expansions for a purely titans themed expansion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •