Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Y'shaarj is literally an Old God, so yes, it was directly related to the Old Gods.

I'm talking about the theme of the expansion, not the theme of the first X.0 content.

"Think about the entire expansion, not just the first X.0 content."

Sooooo many issues with that:
    • Why would the Ethereals and Brokers (that do not exist on Azeroth) not only suddenly show up on Azeroth, but immediately join with the goblins?
    • Why would the Undermine, a trade union, suddenly be interested in taking over the world?
    • Why would the goblins be interested in "unlocking more Zereths" which has nothing to do with the core of Azeroth?
    • Why would Gallywix be the "big bad" since the Ethereals and Brokers are much more powerful groups?
    • Why do you think "going back to Cosmic War" is a good idea in an expansion that's supposed to be a return to Azeroth?

I simply wanted to emphasize how the mention of a certain 'tech class' makes it apparent that the reason you made that-- in your own words-- "half-baked idea" was to give a reason to add a 'tech class'.

I question the validity of ideas, and if they're wrong, yes I'll point out how they're wrong.
    Mists of Pandaria was not about Old Gods until the final raid. The Sha were not the same as the Old Gods if we're talking about the theme of the expansion. There was the Sha, unique from the established Old God flavor, which wasn't present until essentially the end of the expansion when Garrosh became corrupted. The theme of Mists of Pandaria was not distinctly Old God related.

Congratulations, you pointed out the flaws in a throwaway idea. All you've done is prove what I was saying about your posting habits. It's not your job to prove people wrong buddy. Share your opinion but lose the arrogance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trazzle View Post
    Ha! Imagine arclight rumble featuring Tinkers along side hero’s such as Jaina and Grom… with no relatable/equivalent player experience in the World of Warcraft. Feels bad man.
    Tinkers are certainly more relatable to Warcraft than Drac'thyr Evokers.
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2022-05-03 at 07:38 PM.

Tinker dreams are on hold for 2 more years.
    Seems crazy they haven't done it already with all the NPCs that rock the Tinker class.

Some day they will finally implement all the Heroes from WC3 as playable classes in WoW.

Anything that keep Tinkerers out of the game is a good decision so I'm glad that we got a dragon expansion and finally a new caster

We already had a taste of technology with Mechagon, and it was ok. Doesn't warrant an entire expansion i'd say.

On the other hand, we wasted Nyalotha, Nzoth and the culmination of old gods in a single patch, and that surely warranted an expansion, so, yea.

(also, nice try tinker fanboy!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Mists of Pandaria was not about Old Gods until the final raid. The Sha were not the same as the Old Gods if we're talking about the theme of the expansion.
    Shas are manifestation of an Old God.

There was the Sha, unique from the established Old God flavor, which wasn't present until essentially the end of the expansion when Garrosh became corrupted. The theme of Mists of Pandaria was not distinctly Old God related.
    I guess you didn't raid Heart of Fear and Terrace of Eternal Spring? And didn't play the leveling experience ot find out how the Sha were negatively affecting the usual cycles in Pandaria?

Congratulations, you pointed out the flaws in a throwaway idea. All you've done is prove what I was saying about your posting habits. It's not your job to prove people wrong buddy. Share your opinion but lose the arrogance.
    So it's my fault you didn't think your ideas through before posting them? Literally my first post to you was about explaining how technology in and of itself is not dangerous and we didn't have anyone that could be used as a 'BBEG' without resorting to bringing in cosmic threats, which your "throwaway idea" does exactly that, going against the "return to Azeroth" idea of Dragonflight by literally bringing in cosmic forces and more Zereth things, literally the things that players want to get away from.

I hope Blizz make tinkers as a druid class skin for gnomes dwarves orcs and goblins and we can have tinkers and still make the anti tinkers happy

shredder vehicle for bear form, smaller one for cat form, ogre slave for tree form, the tinkerers' mechanical arms backpack for moonkin form and gyrocopters for flying form
    Last edited by samuro; 2022-05-03 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by samuro View Post
    I hope Blizz make tinkers as a druid class skin for gnomes dwarves orcs and goblins and we can have tinkers and still make the anti tinkers happy

shredder vehicle for bear form, smaller one for cat form, ogre slave for tree form, the tinkerers' mechanical arms backpack for moonkin form and gyrocopters for flying form
    Tinkers as a Druid skin simply wouldn't work. Given the sheer level of changes required for animation, names, and models, it's better to simply create a new class.

However, with Blizzard supposedly growing weary of more melee and tanks, I do wonder what spec configuration would could even make with Tinkers. I suppose by the time they implement them, the glut of melee DPS and Tanking will have been alleviated by the Evoker class.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm still looking for how they explain that the goblins and gnomes from 2004 to 2022 just couldn't be tinkers and somehow magically became them in their expansion(when it does or doesn't happen). Kind of have to explain that if you put it in the game. All the new classes have their reasons what's tinkers?

I prefer high fantasy so yeah, worked for some - maybe, but not for most, certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Technology themed expansion is not high fantasy, which is what Blizzard is going for with Dragonflight.

Sidenote, it doesn't matter how much you want Tinkers, evidently Blizzard would rather invent something largely new than actually implement a Tinker class.
    Warcraft has never been high fantasy. Even in WC1 it was more low fantasy, before it expanded into a kitchen sink.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Warcraft has never been high fantasy. Even in WC1 it was more low fantasy, before it expanded into a kitchen sink.
    It doesn't matter how much you think Warcraft is or isn't high fantasy.

It's an outright stated goal from Blizzard that Dragonflight takes place in a high fantasy setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Mists of Pandaria was not about Old Gods until the final raid. The Sha were not the same as the Old Gods if we're talking about the theme of the expansion. There was the Sha, unique from the established Old God flavor, which wasn't present until essentially the end of the expansion when Garrosh became corrupted. The theme of Mists of Pandaria was not distinctly Old God related.

- - - Updated - - -

Tinkers are certainly more relatable to Warcraft than Drac'thyr Evokers.
    Dude, the Sha were physical manifestations of emotions created by Y'shaarj's essence. Do you even read the lore?

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    It doesn't matter how much you think Warcraft is or isn't high fantasy.

It's an outright stated goal from Blizzard that Dragonflight takes place in a high fantasy setting.
    I'm not talking about what Blizz intends for Dragonflight. Whenever people complain about the theme or settings of a WoW story, like the Legion having ships and giant robots, they try to point at the early RTS and say they were high fantasy and the franchise shouldn't include other things. While the RTS games were the most grounded fantasy games they were never high fantasy.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Tinkers as a Druid skin simply wouldn't work. Given the sheer level of changes required for animation, names, and models, it's better to simply create a new class.
    Sure it would. It's much easier to make a tinkerer skin for druids than create a whole new class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I'm not talking about what Blizz intends for Dragonflight. Whenever people complain about the theme or settings of a WoW story, like the Legion having ships and giant robots, they try to point at the early RTS and say they were high fantasy and the franchise shouldn't include other things. While the RTS games were the most grounded fantasy games they were never high fantasy.
    I mean High Fantasy was a big part of it, yeah it took elements of other things but its still high fantasy at most.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

However, with Blizzard supposedly growing weary of more melee and tanks, I do wonder what spec configuration would could even make with Tinkers. I suppose by the time they implement them, the glut of melee DPS and Tanking will have been alleviated by the Evoker class.
    the animations and models are already there. shredder mount, gun firing, potion throwing, etc. Names are variables that can be changed easily. The only things left to do are vfx particles and it's still less work than creating a whole new class with new model, animation, vfx, abilities, talents, new specs, pvp talents, leveling design,etc etc

Stop with the fucking tinker bullshit. No one wants it, outside of a few idiots. If it was ever going to happen, it would have by now. But it isn't, stop crying about it, stop trying to force something in no one wants. Seriously. Goblins/gnomes make up like what 3-4% of the ENTIRE population in wow? Why make a class only they can be. Fucking, stupid.

stop it, get some help. Insert the michael jordan meme here.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    No. Stop trying to shoehorn in Tinkers. Take the hint, it ain’t happening.
    i dont like it either, but i would take tinkers over this evoker bullshit anytime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Sure it would. It's much easier to make a tinkerer skin for druids than create a whole new class.
    No it wouldn't. Druid spells and abilities are designed towards nature. Tinker is a mechanical class with it's own unique abilities from WoW, HotS and WC3.

But tinkers been coming since wotlk

- - - Updated - - -

No it wouldn't. Druid spells and abilities are designed towards nature. Tinker is a mechanical class with it's own unique abilities from WoW, HotS and WC3.
    It would work perfect as a class skin. Just like how necromancer class skin would work for warlocks honestly majority of the people are sick of the vocal Minority shrieking on the top of their lungs that they want tinkers