Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzonathan View Post
    Also Goblins and Gnomes have a very high appeal. If they didn't then Goblin and Gnomes expansion for Hearthstone wouldn't happen.
    They're not, though. They have a low appeal. They're two of the least played races in the game if you discount allied races.

And Hearthstone is not a metric for anything considering it has "lich Jaina", "death knight Uther" and "Ragnaros the Light Lord". Hearthstone thrives on the silly, nonsensical and noncanon.

What a weird conundrum huh?
    It's not, though.

Mark my words. Tinker class is going to happen.
    By that same logic: mark my words. Tinker class is not going to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You really can't use their current level of popularity as an argument against them when Blizzard just released an entirely new race that no one has ever heard of before in WoW lore, and attached it exclusively to a new class.
    Except, unlike gnomes and goblins, dragons are a popular concept within WoW's player base, and being able to play as a race that is "next best thing" to a dragon has its own appeal on paper. Only time will tell if dracthyr will be popular or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Except, unlike gnomes and goblins, dragons are a popular concept within WoW's player base, and being able to play as a race that is "next best thing" to a dragon has its own appeal on paper. Only time will tell if dracthyr will be popular or not.
    I'm really mixed on Dracthyr. I'm a big fan of Dragons, but not a big fan of the current Dracthyr. Maybe if they have a beefy version that looks more like what I consider a proper 'Dragonborn'.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I'm really mixed on Dracthyr. I'm a big fan of Dragons, but not a big fan of the current Dracthyr. Maybe if they have a beefy version that looks more like what I consider a proper 'Dragonborn'.
    Which is why I said "on paper". The idea is good. The implementation? Eh, it leaves a lot to be desired, in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goblins and Gnomes are definitely popular concepts in WoW. It’s ridiculous To claim otherwise.

Goblins and Gnomes are definitely popular concepts in WoW. It’s ridiculous To claim otherwise.
    "Ridiculous" is to claim they are popular concepts when they're one of, if not the least played races, discounting allied races.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Ridiculous" is to claim they are popular concepts when they're one of, if not the least played races, discounting allied races.
    Yet they are used throughout Warcraft-related products and media. Why would Blizzard use unpopular concepts to push their WC-related products?

Yet they are used throughout Warcraft-related products and media. Why would Blizzard use unpopular concepts to push their WC-related products?
    They're used because they're part of the franchise, duh. How is that even a question?

But it doesn't change the fact that they're not popular for the player base, considering how, again, they're one of, if not the least played races in the game, discounting allied races.

They're well established, but I'd hardly call them popular.

Probably similar to the lackluster reception of the Kul Tirans. People accept them as a part of the game, but otherwise rarely go out of their way to pick and play as em.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The most Blizzard was willing to do was a technology-themed patch. It even came with Junkyard Tinkering!

10+ Year Old Account
    They're used because they're part of the franchise, duh. How is that even a question?

But it doesn't change the fact that they're not popular for the player base, considering how, again, they're one of, if not the least played races in the game, discounting allied races.
    But even that isn’t true. Out of the 23 available races, Goblins are #15, beating out Dwarves and Worgen, and several Allied Races.

https://wowanalytica.com/statistics?tab=races

But even that isn’t true. Out of the 23 available races, Goblins are #15, beating out Dwarves and Worgen, and several Allied Races.

https://wowanalytica.com/statistics?tab=races
    So out of 13 playable races, gnomes and goblins are the bottom 4, with gnomes being the least played race (again, discounting allied races).

Thanks for proving my point. They are not popular. Popular races are humans, night elves, orcs and blood elves. With blood elves taking a whooping one fifth of the entire game's population, if that chart is to be believed.

10+ Year Old Account
    So out of 13 playable races, gnomes and goblins are the bottom 4, with gnomes being the least played race (again, discounting allied races).

Thanks for proving my point. They are not popular. Popular races are humans, night elves, orcs and blood elves. With blood elves taking a whooping one fifth of the entire game's population, if that chart is to be believed.
    It's 23 playable races. You can't exclude allied races because they take up the available playerbase, and some ARs are extremely popular (more popular than some base races). In other words, someone playing a Vulpera or a Mechagnome might be someone playing a Goblin or Gnome instead if that race wasn't also available. When you include allied races, Goblins are mid-tier. I know that shatters your narrative, but facts are facts.

Why stick to FF when we have Undermine that has the same pedigree as the Dragon Isles, if not more so?
    Because nobody likes goblins. Take the amount of people who skipped MOP because of Pandas and multiply it by ten and you'll get the amount of people who'll skip an expansions about fucking goblins LOL

Because goblins portray greed. Never really seen much gnomes in merchandise or commercials. If we go just by that, murloc expansion confirmed over a goblin expansion. RISING TIDES OF THE MURLOC HORDE!!!!
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Because nobody likes goblins. Take the amount of people who skipped MOP because of Pandas and multiply it by ten and you'll get the amount of people who'll skip an expansions about fucking goblins LOL
    See above. Goblins are more popular than almost half the available races in WoW. They're more popular than Worgen and Dwarves for example (which is pretty surprising considering how much screentime Genn gets). Are you saying we shouldn't have any more Worgen or Dwarven content because "nobody likes Worgen and Dwarves"?

Also if you split them up via faction, Goblins are more popular than Pandaren as well.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-05-14 at 02:53 PM.

See above. Goblins are more popular than almost half the available races in WoW. They're more popular than Worgen and Dwarves for example (which is pretty surprising considering how much screentime Genn gets). Are you saying we shouldn't have any more Worgen or Dwarven content because "nobody likes Worgen and Dwarves"?

Also if you split them up via faction, Goblins are more popular than Pandaren as well.
    Yup. Nobody likes Worgen and Dwarves so fuck em. In fact nobody likes Alliance at all so don't theme a single thing around them.

It's 23 playable races.
    I'll repeat: excluding allied races.

You can't exclude allied races because they take up the available playerbase, and some ARs are extremely popular (more popular than some base races).
    I discount them because, unlike the "non-allied" playable races, they had steep requirements to unlock until very recently, meaning that was one important influence to their popularity.

In other words, someone playing a Vulpera or a Mechagnome might be someone playing a Goblin or Gnome instead if that race wasn't also available.
    Wrong. That's a wrong assumption to make. That's like saying people back in the day played night elves because high elves wasn't available. It's an unfalsifiable claim that also cannot be proven, therefore irrelevant.

When you include allied races, Goblins are mid-tier. I know that shatters your narrative, but facts are facts.
    Which you love to ignore when it suits you.

Blizzard would not introduce a new class midway through an expansion. Especially in an expansion where technology or the Gnomish/Goblin themes are tertiary to the overall story. You could very easily place Undermine in an Azshara expansion for example, as demonstrated by the high level of tech being displayed in the latest HS undersea expansion.

Further, with Monks, Blizzard has already shown that it's perfectly willing to retcon history to place a class into the game. A Pandaren Monk was placed in the Draenei starter zone, stating that they witnessed the Exodar crash and was coming to lend aid to the injured. That event happened 3 expansions prior to the introduction of the monk class, so nothing stops Blizzard from retroactively placing Tiinkers in previous lore and simply pretending like they had always been there.
    Except hs has nothing to do with wow.. Or did you shift from wc3 to hots to hs now?

We just got a new class, we have no idea when or what the new class will be. You don't know either, and no tinker is not confirmed, nor was it the last 4 expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll repeat: excluding allied races.
    Then the entire discussion is pointless, because there’s no way to know the population of base races if Allied Races didn’t exist. Their population is simply too large to discount.

I have a fucking great idea. Runemaster. Class that would use titanic rune constructs and shoot runic hand cannon, their own class unique weapon.