Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dear fellow Leftists. Smash the Podcaster class, they are not your allies. They grew up watching Fox News and just internalized "owning the libs!"
    These people love projecting their own behavior onto the libs. They're profiting off of your grievances for Silicon Valley bucks.

hasanabi
    @hasanthehun
    anytime a leftist candidate defeats a centrist establishment democrat pick, the "msnbc analyst in the bio" part of this website absolutely lights up in anger. wonder why they can't get behind a rugged salt of the earth guy who's slated to a flip a red senate seat?

12 Hours before ...

@ConorLambPA
    I entered this believing PA Dems needed a real debate, and I’m proud of the campaign we gave you. Today, voters made it clear that John is their choice. I respect their decision and congratulate John on his victory. I hope he recovers quickly from his stoke and today’s surgery.

Joe Biden
    United States government official
    Electing JohnFetterman to the United States Senate would be a big step forward for Pennsylvania’s working people.

We're fighting against fascists, get off the internet and in the car Sport.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...imary-1355236/

‘I Never Ran Over Anyone With a Car and I Never Hit Anyone in the Head With a Frying Pan,’ Says Actual GOP Primary Winner
    The absolute state of Republican primary politics.

Oh, and she attended the Jan. 6 insurrection, but I guess that's less wild than these denials.

She’s also been accused of abuse by multiple ex-husbands. Randy Auman, who was married to Smith from 1995 to 2001, told the Carolina Journal this month that she tried to run him over with a car. In 2009, another husband, Eric Goranson, wrote in a court filing that they split up after she woke him up in the middle of the night by repeatedly bashing him over the head with an alarm clock.
    - - - Updated - - -

https://www.salon.com/2022/05/19/dr-...s-to-crack-up/

Oz, in thanking Hannity and Fox News for "behind the scenes help" for his campaign, which has pissed some off like Barnette (lol, loser). It's also caused a bit of a split at Fox, with some hosts maintaining their endorsement/support of him and others rescinding it following his apparent underperformance.

TV celebrities are really weird.

Bless him. He has one trick when it comes to elections and he still hasn't realised it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post

Bless him. He has one trick when it comes to elections and he still hasn't realised it doesn't work.
    I haven't kept track of all the states that have changed their rules/laws to allow for the state legislators to override the will of the people, but 2022 should be an interesting year. 2024 will be [yet again] a turning point for the United States, in regards to election validity.

Watching the Very Online Left do a Xbox 360 on Fetterman ... has been interesting.

"HAhah we owned the establishmeent by winning with 30 points!"
    Schumer and Fetterman are going to sit around in Harvard shirts bonding over support for legal weed and Israel.

Owning the centrists by nominating a senate candidate who's politically identical to Chuck Schumer.

Either way, I just hope the guy pulls off the win in November.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post

The best part of this I never realized or cared was Trump taking @realDonaldTrump on truth social. I guess it's branding and that is all Trump is about, but why not just @DonaldTrump or his MeinFuhrer. He could have had any name.

Also pro Israeli groups trying to sway Dem primaries in Pennsylvania

Chris Hayes on how AIPAC is spending millions to sway races: "They recognize that Israel is not the top issue for the voters—so what they did instead was launch an almost comically disingenuous attack claiming Summer Lee is ‘not a real Democrat.’"

Two things here. 1) is a foreign country or PAC trying to influence an election. Sadly this happens much and we could probably both sides this. Yet if another country say China did this, there is no way we would not let this happen. 2) this PAC of course used the tropes of anti-Semitism and bigotry if you oppose the Israeli government.

Yet with other thread and our good ole Supreme Court this is fine.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

Two things here. 1) is a foreign country or PAC trying to influence an election.
    Thought AIPAC was jewish americans who support israel, not an isreali pac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Thought AIPAC was jewish americans who support israel, not an isreali pac.
    Any foreign group can find domestic stooges to act as faces for their foreign money.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Any foreign group can find domestic stooges to act as faces for their foreign money.
    What are the site rules against conspiracy theories?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Nothing says like screwing over your own voters then this.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...3c4446955f4f38

Texas GOP voters are getting tripped up by their own party's new voting restrictions

New Texas voting laws are causing a lot of problems for Republican voters, according to a Newsy report ahead of the primary run-off elections Tuesday.

As the report notes, several new rules passed by Texas Republicans in the wake of the 2020 elections put more stringent requirements on mail-in ballots.

One rule passed by Republican lawmakers is mandates that voters must put either their drivers license number or the last four digits of their Social Security number on the envelope containing their ballot.

This has led to a higher number of rejected ballots: Ballot rejections in 2020 ran about 0.8 percent, but in 2022 they're at 12 percent. The number might seem low, but that's equal to at least 7,000 people in one Texas county.

Republicans had a higher rate of error than Democrats, meaning there are thousands more Republicans in the state whose ballots aren't being counted in the primary election.

In March, during the initial primary elections, just 16 of the state’s largest counties had more than 18,000 mail-in ballots that were rejected because they missed the tiny fine print.

One elderly Republican voter noted that the question about the driver's license or social security number was printed so small she couldn't read it. Newsy said they calculated it was seven-point font. National election standards that benefit visually impaired people require nothing can be smaller ten-point font.

The first time Texas voted with the new ballot was March 1, so when the state passed the law in December, they had very little time to print the ballots and get them out to voters. But, two months later, for the run-off elections, the ballots are still a mess, the report said.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post

Womp womp.

Republicans had a higher rate of error than Democrats, meaning there are thousands more Republicans in the state whose ballots aren't being counted in the primary election.
    You love to fuckin see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You love to fuckin see it.
    While I know it won't happen, if this is what turns Texas blue, it would be the ultimate irony.

One elderly Republican voter noted that the question about the driver's license or social security number was printed so small she couldn't read it. Newsy said they calculated it was seven-point font. National election standards that benefit visually impaired people require nothing can be smaller ten-point font.
    I don't doubt that the print was made obnoxiously small on purpose to try to trip people up so the ballot could be rejected, but all its going to do is make it harder for the elderly which tend to vote Republican.

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    I don't doubt that the print was made obnoxiously small on purpose to try to trip people up so the ballot could be rejected, but all its going to do is make it harder for the elderly which tend to vote Republican.
    I think they're running off the overall assumption that more democrats are mail-in ballot voters, so that even if percentage-wise more mail-in republican voters are getting screwed it wont matter because the larger percentage of rejected mail-in ballots overall, which favor democrats, is still good for the GOP compared to the larger number of in-person republican votes that aren't rejected that would theoretically favor Republicans.

It's not like they cared about their voters anyway, they just need numbers to keep them in power.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    What are the site rules against conspiracy theories?
    No clue about AIPAC but it's not exactly a secret that foreign countries funnel money into US PACs because our campaign finance laws are garbage. The post you quoted isn't wrong. Any foreign group can find domestic stooges.
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Just came here to remind people that the right has no moral conscious. If they ever try to morally scold you, it's not because they think what you're doing is wrong. Is because it's effective, and want to discourage you from doing it.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/24/polit...ton/index.html

Texas just out here embarassing the whole-ass nation by re-nominating, and likely re-electing, an Attorney General who has been under indictment for 7 years and has had numerous whistleblowers within his office highlighting wrongdoing and other illegality he's engaged in.

Man, the good folks of Texas need to be able to leave that hellhole of a state and abandon their criminally retarded brethren.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/24/polit...ton/index.html

Texas just out here embarassing the whole-ass nation by re-nominating, and likely re-electing, an Attorney General who has been under indictment for 7 years and has had numerous whistleblowers within his office highlighting wrongdoing and other illegality he's engaged in.

Man, the good folks of Texas need to be able to leave that hellhole of a state and abandon their criminally retarded brethren.
    That's the thing. What did he run on? "Brown People Bad?" "Trump Did Nothing Wrong"? "Nuke Gay Barren Wombs for Jesus"?
    As long as they perceive he's punishing "the right people", or should I the Left people, they'll keep voting for him. Unless he Christie's himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    That's the thing. What did he run on? "Brown People Bad?" "Trump Did Nothing Wrong"? "Nuke Gay Barren Wombs for Jesus"?
    As long as they perceive he's punishing "the right people", or should I the Left people, they'll keep voting for him. Unless he Christie's himself.
    Wild that he beat the much more Trump-friendly George P. Bush.

I guess the Bush family legacy is dead. Which is good for separate reasons, political dynasties are dumb as fuck. *glares at Romney*

I guess the Bush family legacy is dead. Which is good for separate reasons, political dynasties are dumb as fuck. *glares at Romney*
    Think I'd be happier about that...but then you see who they chose OVER the Bush dynasty.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis