Thread: 2022 Midterms

Page 7 of 170 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Johnson is one of the most vulnerable seats dems can flip but it's likely going to come down to how good the democrats are at organizing registration and transportation for voters in Madison and Milwaukee.
    At least getting people who -want- to vote out to vote is one of the things that Dems - or at least folks Organizing for Dems - are pretty good at.

Johnson is one of the most vulnerable seats dems can flip but it's likely going to come down to how good the democrats are at organizing registration and transportation for voters in Madison and Milwaukee.
    LOL. It's going to come down to how many voting locations Republicans fail to close in Milwaukee and Madison before the primary.

Source: Am from Wisconsin and am sick and tired of the fact it's easy as fuck to vote in a Republican area but much longer and more difficult to vote if you live in a poor neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    LOL. It's going to come down to how many voting locations Republicans fail to close in Milwaukee and Madison before the primary.

Source: Am from Wisconsin and am sick and tired of the fact it's easy as fuck to vote in a Republican area but much longer and more difficult to vote if you live in a poor neighborhood.
    Wausau myself so I hear you man.

Wausau myself so I hear you man.
    I live in the burbs in the southeast. If you live in the low-income neighborhood of my town, it's like a 1-2 hour wait to vote. The line for their wards is always out the door. Meanwhile, I live in a house outside the low-income area and it takes me 5 minutes to vote and I never have more than 3 people in my line.

It kind of pisses me off to see it.

Well, I see Trump and his whole nonsense of "I WILL NOT CONCEDE!!!" is spreading like it means anything. I swear, they complain about participation trophies for kids but here they want said trophy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...7165fd95667e49

Insurrectionist GOP candidate refuses to concede Michigan primary loss -- despite finishing distant fourth

An insurrectionist Republican gubernatorial candidate is refusing to concede his primary loss despite finishing in fourth place.

Ryan Kelley, who was indicted on federal misdemeanor charges for his involvement in the Jan. 6 riot, finished more than 25 points behind GOP primary winner Tudor Dixon, but he called for a recount in a post echoing election fraud claims made by Donald Trump, reported WNEM-TV.

“Looks like the 'testing' was not testing after all, and it was a release of their preferred and predetermined outcome," Kelley posted on Facebook, suggesting that tampering with voting machines had cost him the election. "NOT CONCEDING! Let’s see the GOP and the predetermined winner call for a publicly supervised hand recount to uphold election integrity.”

Dixon unofficially won more than 40 percent of the vote, while Kelley drew a little more than 15 percent and finished fourth in the five-way primary.

Kelly offered no proof for his conspiracy theories, but he has been posting unscientific poll results taken from Truth Social users to claim he was far ahead in pre-election surveys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, I see Trump and his whole nonsense of "I WILL NOT CONCEDE!!!" is spreading like it means anything. I swear, they complain about participation trophies for kids but here they want said trophy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...7165fd95667e49
    Polls from Truth.
    Made and run for Republicunts and their cultists.
    A small portion of the GQP, and no center rights/centers on there.
    Of course no far left since we have no far left in the US.
    Who the fuck did he think it would show winning?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    63-37 against Kansas Constitutional amendment to remove abortion rights. This is a fantastic sign for the General Election. The House is still going to be too close for comfort though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, the Arizona GOP really did nominate the Nazis over the moderates for US Senate and for governor ... but that's not even the worst part: both wins were powered by *younger* conservative voters.

Remember those threads from MMOC's conservative gadflys, "Gez Z is cOnsERvAtiVe!!1!".

They were lying/cherrypicking about the poll <no surprise>.
    Younger Gens are trending liberal <overall>.
    The white-male crosstabs for those cohorts, are trending more conservative and more reactionary.
    They're also shrinking as a percentage of their generational cohorts.
    Government Affiliated Snark

https://www.kctv5.com/2022/08/02/mem...ion-amendment/

Well, whoever the lying idiot who pushed out that disinformation text in Kansas about the vote on codifying abortion was, is now banned from the platform. Would love to know who this liar is so we can shame them for their deep dishonesty, but at least there's some kind of action being taken beyond the government throwing their hands in the air and saying, "Well yes, intentional lies being pushed to voters are perfectly legal and there's nothing we can do about this protected First Amendment right!"

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    I live in the burbs in the southeast. If you live in the low-income neighborhood of my town, it's like a 1-2 hour wait to vote. The line for their wards is always out the door. Meanwhile, I live in a house outside the low-income area and it takes me 5 minutes to vote and I never have more than 3 people in my line.

It kind of pisses me off to see it.
    How is this shit even legal? I have never in my life needed more than 5 minutes to vote. And we do everything on paper here.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    How is this shit even legal? I have never in my life needed more than 5 minutes to vote. And we do everything on paper here.
    Lowered federal protections for access to voting, and the same political party that wants to make it harder for likely-Democratic voters to vote also determine the legal constraints of voting.

It helps when you get to create the rules for the game and rig it in your favor at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The quiet part out loud is this: Milwaukee is the most racially segregated metro area in the country.

That plus Wisconsin voters decided to "Fuck around and find out" with Scott Walker and GOP control in the state houses.

https://www.businessinsider.com/14-o...d-trump-2022-8

On Kansas: It wasn't just big city libruls that voted no - a majority of the counties that went to Trump in 2020 also voted no.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.businessinsider.com/14-o...d-trump-2022-8

On Kansas: It wasn't just big city libruls that voted no - a majority of the counties that went to Trump in 2020 also voted no.
    I wonder if that text backfired at all and convinced any Republicans to vote no accidentally. I doubt it had that much of an impact though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I wonder if that text backfired at all and convinced any Republicans to vote no accidentally. I doubt it had that much of an impact though.
    It'd be hilarious if it was, again, Republicans attempting to "own the libs" yet owning themselves instead.

There's plenty of gen z republicans that live and breathe the crazy shit you see on the internet. They may not watch Fox, but they inject plenty of vile content and live in just as much of an alternate reality as their parents and grandparents.

On the whole, I don't see gen Z being as bad in the future as current boomers/silents. But, obviously they aren't immune to being manipulated and thriving on hating minority groups. That's existed for thousands of years so it's not like we're going to grow out of it all of a sudden.

So yeah, whacko candidates will still win some races.

10+ Year Old Account
    The AP just called WA03 for Marie Gluesenkamp Perez!

Really stoked at the possibility of flipping this seat blue. Looking forward to making the drive and volunteering.

https://marieforcongress.com/

Who the fuck knows. All I know is anyone with eyes and a brain can look at the awards in my town and see the problem. The town, as a whole, is segregated, even if our pop is <50k because the places with affordable rent or houses that aren’t as nice are packed into a single ward. Meanwhile, the other 15 wards are spread out with barely any apartment complexes which is why the wait times are significantly shorter.

It's by Republican design. If people have to wait to vote, that will deter them from voting.