Thread: 2022 Midterms

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    What? This idea that WI was ever a solid blue state is a joke, that's coming from a Wisconsinite.

Republicans controlled the Governors office in Wisconsin from 1987-2003.

Jim Doyle beat incumbent Scott McCallum by D+4 in 2003.

Scott Walker took over the Governor's office in 2011 with R+4 and held it with R+4 four years later.

In 2019, Tony Evers took over the Governor's office with D+1

This idea that WI was a solid blue state is rose-colored glasses on the voting history thanks to Obama.

Wisconsin has always been a swing state.
    Wisconsin went to Gore in 2000, and Kerry in 2004. I'd say that's blue.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Yeah. He was mostly just a typical politician, and aside from advancing the usual Republican agenda seemed to genuinely want to do what was best for the country. He was just really bad at it.

It's like the difference between a theoretical President Kite Man and President Joker.
    Your kidding right? Shrub is still a war criminal and unlike Trump's recession, Shrub's recession was entirely avoidable.

Trump at least got elected honestly the first time around. Trump attempted a coup the second time around but Shrub used violence to interfere in his first election.

If you can think of anything bad Trump did odds are Shrub did it as well. There's only two real difference between them:
    1. Trump's clownishness constantly drew attention to his corruption. Shrub showed at least some discipline and some of his corruption wasn't as noticeable.
    2. Both men had very high body counts as President. Trump's was mostly through his inept handling of a pandemic. Shrub's was killing foreigners through malice.

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Wisconsin went to Gore in 2000, and Kerry in 2004. I'd say that's blue.
    And that's a case of you running on faulty, incomplete, and poor information. You're essentially reading the headline and claiming your bullshit is true. Sorry son, this state is 50/50 through and through and is a swing state.

Gore won by 5708 votes out of 2.5 million votes cast.

Kerry won by 11,000 votes out of 3 million votes cast.

But yeah, sure, Wisconsin is solid blue, pat yourself on the back buddy.

Your logic is the same logic Hillary used that cost her to lose Wisconsin in 2016.
    Last edited by fwc577; 2022-09-06 at 02:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad NEws for RTJ fans.

Was Killer Mike a sellout all along?
    Sure, he spits fire about Late Stage Capitalism ... but he's sure aching for those Marginal Tax Cuts.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Between the Texas power grid shutting down, Abbott costing Texas billions of dollars and slowing down the already hurting supply chain with his border nonsense, the Missouri governor and Senate candidate enabling a CHILD SLAVERY RING, and the Mississippi governor causing Jackson to run out of water because he was too busy attacking LGBTQ people, Republicans are cartoonishly evil and incompetent at this point.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Between the Texas power grid shutting down, Abbott costing Texas billions of dollars and slowing down the already hurting supply chain with his border nonsense, the Missouri governor and Senate candidate enabling a CHILD SLAVERY RING, and the Mississippi governor causing Jackson to run out of water because he was too busy attacking LGBTQ people, Republicans are cartoonishly evil and incompetent at this point.
    And yet still hold the Senate in check, dominate state congresses, and are about to take the U.S. House.

I hope getting more power doesn't lead to more circus-like calamity.

Herschel: “Warnock, I remember hearing him say, ‘America need to apologize for it whiteness.’ That’s not in a Bible I ever read. Our Founding Fathers already apologized for its whiteness. Because if you read the Constitution, it talks about every man being treated fair.”

Whew! So I'm going there.

The Bible? Umm, when and why would the Bible define whiteness? Technically I will just keep it that white slave owners justified slavery through the bible. Then Herschel refers to the Constitution. His speech is actually the Declaration of Independence in the "All men are created equal". That didn't last. From how we vote for representatives, to the 2nd Amendment, 3/5 Compromise.

Did the Constitution mention slavery, No. Yet, not mentioning and ignoring was not some glory to white slave owners and influence that Herschel thinks it is. Going too deep into slaver and the US Constitution here, but you catch my drift.

So back to Walker and as a candidate. This is where I'm about to go. Having Walker as a candidate and apologizing for white slave owners and just the past is they type of candidate that Republicans love and makes them feel good. Read between the lines. I understand Walker is a Republican and believes this, but I just hope enough people can see the person and the bs he is saying is directly false and not helping us move forward.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

People with very likely brain injuries sustained from their profession probably shouldn't be allowed to serve in the US Senate.

I mean, it's not like there was some fairly explicit "three fifths clause" in the Constitution or anything about how to count non-free people. You know, like slaves. Primarily from Africa.

I swear, the people that most often speak of history seem to know so little of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    People with very likely brain injuries sustained from their profession probably shouldn't be allowed to serve in the US Senate.

I mean, it's not like there was some fairly explicit "three fifths clause" in the Constitution or anything about how to count non-free people. You know, like slaves. Primarily from Africa.

I swear, the people that most often speak of history seem to know so little of it.
    Well, like most clown's he learns history from statue's.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

It shows how desperate they are in Georgia, running someone with those qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Halloween Voter View Post
    Bad NEws for RTJ fans.

Was Killer Mike a sellout all along?
    Sure, he spits fire about Late Stage Capitalism ... but he's sure aching for those Marginal Tax Cuts.
    Lol. Man you need to try harder.

Someone on Twitter said that voter suppression is a lie.

Despite the fact that, you know, it's real, and is easily proven to be real.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/interne...tion-rcna47592

Republicans must be pretty scared of Fetterman and his campaigns success. They're not editing and altering videos of him to dishonestly highlight speech issues he has.

It's the same kinda shit like how they slowed down the video of Pelosi speaking and tried to claim she was drunk.

Just a reminder that Republicans don't have a platform to run on, just lies and attacks. And they're big-mad that Fetterman is using their own playbook against them.

Which granted, doesn't help that they have a celebrity TV doctor who has spent a career hawking "miracle cures" that don't work, has multiple mansions like your "average American", doesn't even really live in the state, and doesn't know how to shop for crudite, nor that "Real Americans(TM)" don't eat things they can't pronounce.

Biden helped avert a railway strike that would have cost the US $2 billion a DAY.

Democrats need to hammer home the point that they're better for the economy in their campaign ads. Inflation and gas prices have gone down thanks to them, and they helped avert a railway strike that would have cost the country $2 billion a day.

Fox News Poll Estimates GOP Will Pick Up Just One House Seat–And You Know What That Means...

It wasn't that long ago that we were all bracing for an all but certain Democratic shellacking, to borrow former President Obama's phrase, in this November's midterms, with even control of the solidly Democratic House of Representatives looking likely to fall into Republican hands.

Well, that was then and this is now, as the saying goes.

And the "now" in question is a midterm cycle in which Republicans overturned abortion rights and openly embraced fascism while Democratic President Joe Biden got to work passing historic legislation on everything from infrastructure to student loans.

And it seems voters have noticed. Because our "now" is also one in which even Fox News is spelling doom for Republicans in November.

A new poll by the network shows that the GOP is now poised to pick up one--yes one, as in (1)--House seat in the fall.

Of course, it's still only September and much could change by November--so don't go getting complacent. But Fox's findings should have Republicans all over the country on high alert.

The network's poll focused on four key issues for the midterms: crime and inflation, which favor Republicans, and abortion and the future of democracy itself, which favor Democrats.

Those four issues easily split between the two parties. But taken together, Fox found that if Election Day were today, Democrats would lead Republicans by three percentage points, which translates into a gain of one single House seat for Republicans.

Fox's numbers are part of a fairly shocking trend. In the network's polling last month, the two parties were evenly tied at 41%. Prior to that, every poll since December had Republicans leading by as much as seven points.

Fox's polling is just the latest indication that the GOP's all-out attacks on abortion, and its overlapping attacks on democracy, may prove to be a grave miscalculation.

As has been widely reported, new voter registrations by women have surged by historic numbers since the June 24 overturn of Roe v. Wade, both nationally and in some of the deepest-red states in the country, like Alabama and Idaho.

In reliably Republican Kansas, that surge was upward of 60%, and a state abortion ban was defeated there last month in a landslide nobody, even Democrats, saw coming.

Many Republican candidates have even begun softening their stances on abortion in response, including Arizona's far-right candidate for Senate, Blake Masters, who scrubbed his website of any evidence of his extreme abortion views and replaced them with a more moderate take.

Fox's poll bears out this shift even more starkly, finding that voters disapprove of the SCOTUS in general by a 10-point margin and its action on Roe two-to-one.

Fox's poll was likely conducted before Republican Senator Lindsey Graham's wildly unpopular proposed national ban on abortion after 15 weeks, so next month's polling just might look even worse for Republicans.

Remember to vote this November! Get everyone you know to vote as well. And if for whatever reason, you or someone you know can't make it to a poll, get someone to drive you or them to the polls.

Even by California standard, the upcoming gubernatorial election is pretty lopsided. One poll indicates that almost 30% of the GOP voters did not know the name of their party gubernatorial candidate. The number was much higher for Democrats. I'll be honest, at the moment, without googling it, I can't recall the guy's name either. Hate him or love him, everybody in California knows Newsom.

The imbalance is so severe, Newsom is using his campaign money for billboards advertising California abortion services in red states. GOP whatshisname candidate is not doing any campaign advertising either. At least I haven't seen any.

Right now, GOP enthusiasm is severely lagging behind Democrats. Especially after the Dobb's decision.

Marjorie Taylor Greene threatens to defund Education Department to stop teachers ‘brainwashing’ children

The right-wing lawmaker from Georgia made the bizarre threat as she warmed up the crowd at the Donald Trump rally in Youngstown, Ohio, on Saturday night.

Mr Trump is visiting the state to support Republican candidate for US Senate, J D Vance, who is involved in a tight race with Democratic Representative Tim Ryan, as well as Congressman Jim Jordan.

In an earlier post on Truth Social, Mr Trump called the event a “sold out juggernaut” and claimed that without his rallies and endorsements, most candidates such as Vance would lose.

During her speech, the QAnon supporting congresswoman called the one-term president the “one true leader of the Republican Party.”

He’s the one we elected in 2016,” the Georgia representative said. “And the one we re-elected in 2020, who won the election by the way.”

“And the one we will make our next president of the United States of America,” Ms Greene added.

I wonder if she knows that if he was elected in 2020 he's hit the two term limit and can't stand again