10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Well, if you find any libertarians around here or in groups you care to identify, get back to me.
    Its literally any one of you hypocrit right wingers whove ever professed to give a shit about "liberty" but support this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Why aren't the Democrats airing ads nonstop about the Senators who were complicit in Jan 6, and SCOTUS overturning Roe v. Wade?
    Because they are incompetent at basically everything political with the possible exception of fundraising?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Well, if you find any libertarians around here or in groups you care to identify, get back to me.
    Fuckwits like Ben Shapiro call themselves libertarians while standing opposed to basically every form of personal liberty except the liberty for the wealthy to exploit everyone else. Pull your head out of the sand/your ass once in a while, and you'll embarrass yourself less often with the nonsense you post.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-07-06 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Its literally any one of you hypocrit right wingers whove ever professed to give a shit about "liberty" but support this bullshit.
    I regret to inform you that Libertarians are not "right wingers whove ever professed to give a shit about "liberty." I really wish you could cite actual libertarians to defend your view that libertarians are strangely silent on this issue. I wouldn't recommend continuing to say "the silence of so called libertarians defeaning" if you can't point to any when I asked, simply, "Who's the so-called libertarians here?"

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Fuckwits like Ben Shapiro call themselves libertarians while standing opposed to basically every form of personal liberty except the liberty for the wealthy to exploit everyone else. Pull your head out of the sand/your ass once in a while, and you'll embarrass yourself less often with the nonsense you post.
    At least you can identify that Libertarians think "Fuckwits like Ben Shapiro call themselves libertarians while standing opposed to basically every form of personal liberty except the liberty for the wealthy to exploit everyone else." But having identified the true disagreements between libertarians and Ben Shapiro, the question becomes if you can identify libertarians. Hint: He's the most recognizable personality on the most popular conservative news website for the younger demographic, so what he says is viewed against that backdrop. Second Hint: Libertarians are more united in rejecting Shapiro from being a member of their movement, than rejecting the pro-life position on abortion.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Because they are incompetent at basically everything political with the possible exception of fundraising?
    I don't believe they are incompetent. I believe they don't really give a shit about anything other than themselves and their political power and wealth, and that of their donors. If they happen to accomplish something that improves the life of the common folk it's just a happy coincidence, or they managed to do the bare minimum to make it seem like they actually give a shit (aka the ACA).

Republicans actually care about the things they stand for and take active steps to accomplish those things and will do anything required to achieve their goals.

Democratic voters are happy with slogans and speeches and songs on the Capitol steps. Anybody that actually proposes doing something worthwhile is asking for "pie in the sky" when it comes to Democrats.

I'm a libertarian, and this SCOTUS decision was easily the worst of my lifetime. It beats out Kelo v. New London, which is pretty terrible.

For all you Trumpsters who spent years screeching about taxes, spending, and yes... liberty, it's hilarious watching how those things never really mattered to you guys. The Trumpsters waving their Gadsden Flags, while rooting for fascism, is rather pathetic and despicable.

And yes, many "libertarians" are silent on this issue, because they are not libertarians at all, but Republicans who are lying (either to everyone else, or to themselves). The GOP doesn't give a shit about liberty, and neither do you Trumpsters. All that flag waving, and all those calls for limited government... were all lies. I cannot count how many times a die-hard Republican or conservative has tried to swear he's "practically a libertarian" as soon as they find out I am one. I mean, they think liberty is great... except for minorities, women, gay people, liberals, foreigners, or anyone from California.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really wish you could cite actual libertarians to defend your view that libertarians are strangely silent on this issue.
    That has got to be the dumbest shit anyone ever said on this forum.

Please, cite someone's silence on the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    That has got to be the dumbest shit anyone ever said on this forum.

Please, cite someone's silence on the issue.
    You go ahead, son.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish you could cite actual libertarians to defend your view that libertarians are strangely silent on this issue. I
    I want you to think real hard about this sentence and when you figure out what's wrong with it come back and we can talk again.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Maybe Google, should just like... Not harvest all our data in the first place...
    I had this exact same thought. It sure would be nice to live in a world like that...

- - - Updated - - -

Why aren't the Democrats airing ads nonstop about the Senators who were complicit in Jan 6, and SCOTUS overturning Roe v. Wade?
    Because they "can't stoop that low" and "have to be the better man".

No indictments yet. Until then, depending on the media, anything related would be slanderous and/or libelous.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because it's too early in the election cycle. Right now it's the Primaries, so mostly just party infighting. The big ads will be in Sept/Oct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I want you to think real hard about this sentence and when you figure out what's wrong with it come back and we can talk again.
    But he never will, because it's cognitively impossible for him to see that or the litany of other hypocrisies and illogical statements he makes on an almost daily basis. His mindset, inability to ever admit he's wrong, and the "infallibility of his party" will only push him forward on his quest to grind the morally right into the ground.

The GQP position pushers are at full stride right now, and they are doing a very good job. It's their time to flourish. With the liberals getting set to fight back, and with some of those fights inevitably turning violent, the morally corrupt will soon find themselves arguing the morally right position, and we'll be looking down the barrel of Insoc for a LONG time.

It has come out, that a right wing evangelist activist, Peggy Nienaber was caught on a hot mic saying that her group, DC Ministry and VP of Faith and Liberty, actively PRAY with Supreme Court Justices. What is really bad is that they are under the umbrella group, the Liberty Counsel. Which brings lots of cases in the Supreme Court, which is a HUGE CONFLICT OF INTEREST. She also even stated that she prayed with some justices IN THE CHAMBERS.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...tices-1378046/

Every single one of those justices should be impeached for not recusing themselves after praying with people involved in such cases like this case that struck down Roe.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    It has come out, that a right wing evangelist activist, Peggy Nienaber was caught on a hot mic saying that her group, DC Ministry and VP of Faith and Liberty, actively PRAY with Supreme Court Justices. What is really bad is that they are under the umbrella group, the Liberty Counsel. Which brings lots of cases in the Supreme Court, which is a HUGE CONFLICT OF INTEREST. She also even stated that she prayed with some justices IN THE CHAMBERS.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...tices-1378046/

Every single one of those justices should be impeached for not recusing themselves after praying with people involved in such cases like this case that struck down Roe.
    Won't happen. Which is why we the people need to actually do something about it.

Un Effin Believable! Religious fundamentalism at it's best.

They are literally making rulings based on religious beliefs and more of course.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

15+ Year Old Account
    quick question, prayer circles/prayer breakfast big no no for justices, but totes okidoke for senators?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

quick question, prayer circles/prayer breakfast big no no for justices, but totes okidoke for senators?
    Shouldn't be ok for anyone in government. Because if they are making decisions for the Supreme Court or on the congress floor, based on religion, they are violating the 1st amendment explicitly.

But a lot of states still have it in their state constitution that you can't be atheist and run for public office, but that should be removed from every state via the constitution, but it probably won't.
    Last edited by postman1782; 2022-07-07 at 01:14 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Really should be ok for everyone. Freedom of religion would allow us to participate in private religious activities. The issue is when they try to force that religion on others.

But that's the old, relatively sane world. Now apparently it's ok for a SCOTUS Justice to have literally been a Handmaiden.

I'd say it's ok for either one in a general sense, but for a Justice, it's not ok at all to be doing it with the people that are bringing cases before you as defendants or plaintiffs. It's a blatant conflict of interest for someone who is expected to remain impartial when performing their duties.