Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Hahaha, the parasite argument...

par·a·site
    /ˈperəˌsīt/
    noun
    an organism that lives in or on an organism of another species (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the other's expense.

If you think that pregnancy is at the adverse expense of a woman then you shouldn't have kids
    If the women want to be associated with that fetus and doesn't consent to it benefiting from her body and she experiences it doing so, it quite literally is. Compare it to donating an organ to somebody to care for voluntarily to being forced into donation to somebody you seek no association with

I don't agree with everything he says but boy is he on point with a lot. Reason why I expanded by book collection recently.

Sorry but I ain't delusional.

Convincing your self that murder is okay because a fetus somehow isn't a human is delusional, and that's a fact.
    Its not murder, I guarantee if biological men were the ones getting pregnant, abortion would be legal, they would have an office on every corner and would be the first question asked.

No one said that a fetus isn't human.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    It does not have to be another species and it does steal nutrients from the mother.

And there are a lot of pregnancies that kill the mother, even with abortion legal.

It is the very definition of a fucking parasite.
    Under NORMAL circumstances, pregnancy is not adverse to the mother.... Just stop

10+ Year Old Account
    not spreading your legs without contraceptive for being ignorant or impulsive.
    We don't deny people medical remedy for injuries sustained for any other situation in which their own actions or decisions led to that injury, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does not have to be another species and it does steal nutrients from the mother.

And there are a lot of pregnancies that kill the mother, even with abortion legal.

It is the very definition of a fucking parasite.
    Like I said, technically, the "other species" is a requirement, otherwise literally all creatures that propagate either sexually or through parthenogenesis are "parasitic" at some point in their life cycles, and it makes the term way less descriptive of actual parasitism.

- - - Updated - - -

Under NORMAL circumstances, pregnancy is not adverse to the mother.... Just stop
    Every single pregnancy is adverse to the mother. Literally, every single one.

You're failing basic biology if you can't grasp that simple fact.

The fetus is drawing nutrients and other sustenance from the mother and forcing biological changes that can and do have further deleterious effects on the host.

The fetus contributes nothing back. It is not symbiotic.

Christ, I don't have time to be the sole voice of reason In this donkey echo chamber.

I leave with this. It's normal to be liberal and young but stupid to be liberal and old. You guys will catch up, I hope at least.

Again ... The fetus has no ADVERSE effect to the mother. Jesus Christ....

That's the difference between a parasite and a fetus.
    The fuck it doesn't.

Here are some adverse reactions women can develop, just because of pregnancy:

Hypertension
    Diabetes
    Obesity
    Infections
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum
    Severe maternal morbidity aka 50k women die a year in the US on average, just from being pregnant.

How fucking ignorant of biology are you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Christ, I don't have time to be the sole voice of reason In this donkey echo chamber.

I leave with this. It's normal to be liberal and young but stupid to be liberal and old. You guys will catch up, I hope at least.
    Yep. Can't be you that's wrong and can't provide a single rational argument to defend your position. Must be literally everyone else despite their arguments and positions all holding up to scrutiny.

Sure, Jan.

You aren't a voice of reason, you are the voice of the religious nutbags and right wing pseusoscience websites.

Because that is the true violation of autonomy, not spreading your legs without contraceptive for being ignorant or impulsive.
    There is no contraceptive 100% effective. Consensual sex specifically for fun and not reproduction, with contraceptive that unfortunately failed: why do you want to deny an abortion?

Nope, not even close, there are several risk factors that can come with being pregnant.

10+ Year Old Account

Being unable to defend your positions and running away is a very Matt Walsh thing to do, so grats on having the shtick down to a tee. Fucking lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fuck it doesn't.

Here are some adverse reactions women can develop, just because of pregnancy:

Hypertension
    Diabetes
    Obesity
    Infections
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum
    Severe maternal morbidity aka 50k women die a year in the US on average, just from being pregnant.

How fucking ignorant of biology are you?
    Those are the serious negative reactions, too. The aches and pains, the difficulty moving, the hunger and cravings, the moodiness, etc and so on. Pregnancy negatively impacts every pregnant person to some degree.

Because that is the true violation of autonomy, not spreading your legs without contraceptive for being ignorant or impulsive.
    The only autonomy that matters, is the mother's. She is the only one that gets a say until that fetus is born. There is a reason the constitution says that no one gets rights until they are born.

Lol, it honestly is fascinating how liberals scramble to justify their evil.
    Lol, it honestly is fascinating how liberals sanctimonious conservatives scramble to justify their evil.

Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Those are the serious negative reactions, too. The aches and pains, the difficulty moving, the hunger and cravings, the moodiness, etc and so on. Pregnancy negatively impacts every pregnant person to some degree.
    Yep, I didn't even mention some of the minor stuff. https://www.cdc.gov/reproductiveheal...lications.html

But that lists the stuff I listed, and the minor stuff, including Anemia, which can kill the mother, but they list it as a minor complication.

One more thing...

R v W was just the beginning. Give it a decade or two until abortion is illegal across the board.

I mean there's a reason why the law of the land agrees with my stance. You guys need to reevaluate your values.

Have fun traveling to Canada after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    There is no contraceptive 100% effective. Consensual sex specifically for fun and not reproduction, with contraceptive that unfortunately failed: why do you want to deny an abortion?
    Bears noting that human sexuality evolved for pair-bonding and recreation, not procreation. That's why we, unlike most mammals and including some of our closest genetic relatives, don't have any concept of estrus, but instead are perfectly capable of and receptive to (biologically speaking) sexual intercourse throughout the year. We're one of the few animals who even choose to have sex for pleasure and pair-bonding.

Sex, in humans, is designed for "fun" far more than it's designed for procreation.

- - - Updated - - -

One more thing...

R v W was just the beginning. Give it a decade or two until abortion is illegal across the board.

I mean there's a reason why the law of the land agrees with my stance. You guys need to reevaluate your values.

At least when they do, they'll have free access to abortions and plenty of recreationally available legal marijuana.

But kudos on the barely-implicit threats because you couldn't justify your rather monstrously misogynistic position.

Like every right wing radical, you lack conviction.

One more thing...

I can guarantee, that R v W is reinstituted when conservatives realize their taxes are going to go up and they have to pay for hundreds of thousands of new children that people can't afford a year.