Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    .... The whole reason why I started mentioning the King James Bible to begin with was I had someone asking which book when I mentioned it just like that and you guys just said something about there being a buttload of versions.....

So, just saying "Numbers 5:11-31" tells exactly in the bible where it is, doesn't matter the version?
    Doesn't matter the version. They'll generally have a word or two translated differently, but in every translation the book/chapter/verse will still be the same for the same general content. HP and the chamber of secrets is still going to have the same amount of chapters/paragraphs in french and english if the translations are any good.

Edit: I mean, yes, saying 'Numbers 5:11-31' is fine.

Double Edit: If someone was being persnickety about which version of the bible they're using, like New English Bible/King James Bible/New Living Bible, they're likely going to be in a bible study group and not give a shit what you say about this topic anyway.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2022-07-16 at 03:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No, it's not.

Cut out "Chamber of Secrets" from that, and you've got it.

The KJV is the translation. It's like whether your copy of Harry Potter is in English, French, Japanese, etc.
    I am honestly confused then. According to Ripster42 just mentioning 5:11-32 is enough but makes no sense to me as then mentioning the book would just be redundant.

So, in your opinion, how do I reference the Bible verses about an unfaithful wife where god tells Moses he condones them terminating the pregnancy and gives stuff steps to force a miscarriage?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Doesn't matter the version. They'll generally have a word or two translated differently, but in every translation the book/chapter/verse will still be the same for the same general content. HP and the chamber of secrets is still going to have the same amount of chapters/paragraphs in french and english if the translations are any good.

Edit: I mean, yes, saying 'Numbers 5:11-31' is fine.
    Ok, thank you very much. I am not a religious person myself but mentioned that to someone before talking about god and they were asking which book I was getting it from so I specified the King James Bible and just kept that part in just in case anyone else wanted to ask which book I was getting it from.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am honestly confused then. According to Ripster42 just mentioning 5:11-32 is enough but makes no sense to me as then mentioning the book would just be redundant.
    If I tell you something's in Chapter 5 of Harry Potter, you know exactly where to look, right?

So, in your opinion, how do I reference the Bible verses about an unfaithful wife where god tells Moses he condones them terminating the pregnancy and gives stuff steps to force a miscarriage?
    Book, Chapter: Verse.

As has already been said multiple times.

You keep excluding the book for reasons that are baffling to the point that I'm pretty sure you're deliberately taking the piss at this point.

I am honestly confused then. According to Ripster42 just mentioning 5:11-32
    No, that's not what I'm saying. 'Numbers' is the name of the book in the bible. Just like 'Genesis', 'Matthew', 'Luke', 'Leviticus', or 'Psalms'. You can't just say 5:11-31, as, again, that sends you through 66 different books. You need to include everything in the quotes: 'Numbers, 5:11-31'.

Edit: For real, I get the confusion. Numbers is a confusing name for a bible book, especially when you follow it with a bunch of numbers.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2022-07-16 at 03:08 AM.

You keep excluding the book for reasons that are baffling to the point that I'm pretty sure you're deliberately taking the piss at this point.
    No, I am not joking and it's confusing.

Ripster42 says that just saying 5:11-32 is enough but your saying it isn't. And I am not a religious person myself. If I know 100% for sure exactly how to reference that section I would because evidently I am saying it wrong and either giving too much information or not enough.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    This case is a perfect example as to why there needs to be exceptions to abortion.

But rest assured this is not a case to justify blanket legal abortion, nothing will ever justify that.

The life of the mother, and rape. Those are the only exceptions.

Otherwise, wrap it up people or put them babies up for adoption.

A 1 month old fetus is just as human as a 1 year old.

If the fetus ended up turning into a banana then pro choicers might have an argument, but obviously that's not the case.

That's the only justification they got, the fact that they can somehow convince themselves that a fetus somehow isn't human.

If it wasn't for that psychotic line of reasoning then there wouldn't be a leg to stand on.

But as for this case, again there are exceptions. It's up to us as a society to recognize them on a case by case basis.
    So besides all of this being stupid at best the only way you're going to actively stop abortion in any meaningful way is to educate people and get better access to healthcare and contraceptives. That's how you do that, not by trying to force 10 year olds to give birth.

One more thing...

R v W was just the beginning. Give it a decade or two until abortion is illegal across the board.

I mean there's a reason why the law of the land agrees with my stance. You guys need to reevaluate your values.

Have fun traveling to Canada after.
    And have fun watching children left at orphanages, alleyways, and dumpsters, and then have fun not helping any of those children born afterwards. You don't care about children, nor women.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2022-07-16 at 03:09 AM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I am not joking and it's confusing.

Ripster42 says that just saying 5:11-32 is enough but your saying it isn't.
    No, that's not what I'm saying.
    Me and Ripster42 are saying the same thing, dude.

That's why I'm not contradicting them.

No, that's not what I'm saying. 'Numbers' is the name of the book in the bible. Just like 'Genesis', 'Matthew', 'Luke', 'Leviticus', or 'Psalms'. You can't just say 5:11-31, as, again, that sends you through 66 different books. You need to include everything in the quotes: 'Numbers 5:11-31'.

Edit: For real, I get the confusion. Numbers is a confusing name for a bible book, especially when you follow it with a bunch of numbers.
    Understood, have to figure out which of those this one is then. Because I can pull up the passage by title or number but finding which book it is seems to be a duel with the devil, pun intended.

Understood, have to figure out which of those this one is then.
    My man, everything in quotes: 'Numbers, 5:11-31'. There's nothing more to figure out.

I'll restate once again. Saying 'King James Bible' is like saying the 'French translation'. Saying 'Numbers' is like saying 'HP & the Order of the Phoenix', saying 'Chapter 5' is like saying 'Chapter 5', saying 'verses 11-31' is like saying 'paragraphs 11-31'.

My man, everything in quotes: 'Numbers, 5:11-31'. There's nothing more to figure out.

I'll restate once again. Saying 'King James Bible' is like saying the 'French translation'. Saying 'Numbers' is like saying 'HP & the Order of the Phoenix', saying 'Chapter 5' is like saying 'Chapter 5', saying 'verses 11-31' is like saying 'paragraphs 11-31'.
    Understood, I think. But if I screw it up in the future, I give full permission to hide my ass for it.

Edit: But when anyone says "God's Will" always want to remember that just to prove to them that they are defying their own gods will in their support of this court and their own pride.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: But when anyone says "God's Will" always want to remember that just to prove to them that they are defying their own gods will in their support of this court and their own pride.
    Funny how that never comes up when it's a serial killer slaughtering innocents, or a bear killing and eating someone's kids while they're camping, or the like.

Only in cases where they can act smugly superior.

It's almost like people using it are just the absolute fuckin' worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enough with the Bible discussion. Stay on topic and away from what is very very nearly religious debate.

Funny how that never comes up when it's a serial killer slaughtering innocents, or a bear killing and eating someone's kids while they're camping, or the like.

Only in cases where they can act smugly superior.

It's almost like people using it are just the absolute fuckin' worst.
    Can definitely see it, I remember pointing out to one I know in real life how they were complaining about theoretical democratic pedophiles while actively supporting known republican pedophiles and cheering a potential serial rapist put on the supreme court. The hypocrisy didn't seem to register to him. And this guy wasn't family unlike many of the other stuff I have brought up in the past.

These "God Fearing" people are the closest thing to actual devil worshipers that I have ever personally met. Claiming it to be "In God's Name" or his will when really it is all just in service to their own pride and ego.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Enough with the Bible discussion. Stay on topic and away from what is very very nearly religious debate.
    Can do, my apologizes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Conception creates a complete and unique dna code that will one day turn into a full fledge person.

Keep lying to your self but it is what it is, just the earliest stage of life, but life none the less.

Show me a documented event where a woman's fetus turned into an orange after 9 months and I'll sit down.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol what????? The fetus IS the body.

Again, with the liberal living and coping to justify killing babies and avoid the consequences of one's actions
    Okay, cut of a fetus from the womb. Can it live unsupported?

Ahh, screw it anyways, you're banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    And their AG decided to file a lawsuit against the Biden Administration for his Executive Order about saving women's lives. Fuck these monsters!

"SCOTUS returned the issue to states. TX law protects pre-born life. Biden's HHS is attempting to undo all that," Paxton said in a statement. "Not on my watch. I just filed suit. I'll ensure the left's abortion agenda can't reach TX babies."
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

However, on Thursday, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton filed a lawsuit against the Biden administration in light of the new guidance, saying it "forces hospitals and doctors to commit crimes and risk their licensure under Texas law."
    Gee, maybe the Texas law preventing doctors from doing their jobs shouldn't be on the books, then.
    I'll ensure the left's abortion agenda can't reach TX babies.
    Endangering people's lives to score political points with his delusional base. Fuck him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Gee, maybe the Texas law preventing doctors from doing their jobs shouldn't be on the books, then.

Endangering people's lives to score political points with his delusional base. Fuck him.
    I wonder if they know the mother being dead means the baby is dead, too...

Watch Professional Liability and General Liability insurances for OB/Gyn and hospitals that offer pre- and post-natal services go up in no-abortion states.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...pping-barrett/

The Indianapolis doctor who helped a 10-year-old Ohio rape victim obtain an abortion was forced to stop offering services at a clinic in 2020 after she was alerted of a kidnapping threat against her daughter.

And she is currently listed as a “threat” on an antiabortion website that was linked to Amy Coney Barrett before she was nominated to the Supreme Court and helped overturn Roe v. Wade.

Before the story went viral and an Ohio man was charged with rape in a case that has captured international attention, Caitlin Bernard, an OB/GYN, was forced to stop providing abortion services at a clinic in South Bend, Ind., in 2020 after Planned Parenthood alerted her about a kidnapping threat made against the doctor’s daughter that was passed along by the FBI.

“I felt it would be best for me to limit my travel and exposure during that time,” Bernard said in sworn testimony last year, according to the Guardian, the first to report the news. “I was concerned that there may be people who would be able to identify me during that travel, as well as it’s a very small clinic without any privacy for the people who are driving in and out, and so therefore, people could directly see me.”
    No wonder they went hard after this doctor, she was already on the militant anti-abortion extremist's radar and they'd already previously threatened to kidnap her daughter.

Strange that the group that listed her as a "threat" has ties to Amy Coney Barrett.

Reminder: Republicans don't give a shit about women. It's all about controlling people, and they have no qualms murdering, kidnapping, or otherwise harassing doctors who are providing life-saving care to pregnant women. And in the most recent case, pregnant 10 year old girls who were raped. Something Republicans writ-large are furious about and would prefer this 10 year old girl potential die during her pregnancy/childbirth because they don't believe in bodily autonomy under any circumstance for women.