1. #1041
    I am Murloc! Poopymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    5,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, people like this are what frustrate me the most. Zero attention to the last 30+ years and then they get pissed when shit goes south.
    But that's how democracy works.
    In picture form:

    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

  2. #1042
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Really not the case. This is a particular bit of lunacy that derives from the fact that pro-life arguments have no basis in either reason nor reality. They are nothing but pseudo-religious misogyny, and their sole purpose is the subjugation and marginalization of women. Literally nothing else.
    I... how does your brain even articulate something like that and transmit it to your fingers? Your subjective view is the only objective reality? You've lost the plot if I can agree with your argument and you can turn around and call it lunacy.

  3. #1043
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    But that's how democracy works.
    In picture form:

    I called Winter out for this and it’s why she has me on ignore. Being made aware you caused everything you’re horrified of is highly offensive apparently.

  4. #1044
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    72,116
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    I... how does your brain even articulate something like that and transmit it to your fingers? Your subjective view is the only objective reality? You've lost the plot if I can agree with your argument and you can turn around and call it lunacy.
    There wasn't anything "subjective" in what I said there.

    And you weren't agreeing with me; you were looking at the wild inconsistencies created by irrational misogynistic laws and claiming that they're the result of laws "lacking the granularity".

    That's lunacy. It's because the laws are irrational and predicated on premises that they don't openly express. It isn't an innate feature of law itself, and it's not that hard to write laws that don't run into those kinds of issues.


  5. #1045
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Step 1: Bigoted politicians start banning abortions and the morning after pills.
    Step 2: Local drug dealers start selling morning after pills while every taxi service under the sun starts giving rides outside of that state with many of their employers willing to help fund it.

    Also.....

    Step 1: Bigoted politicians ban birth control.
    Step 2: Drug dealers now have a new best selling product in virtually every state along with the easiest time on the planet resupplying just by leaving the state and purchasing it from other states which will have made it even easier.


    This will work even worse for them than the war on drugs and more on part with North Carolina's old war on fire works where we literally just drove to "South of the Border" every July and bought whatever we wanted as well as through out the year.
    At least you weren't backwards as Ohio was when it came to fireworks. You could buy them within the state but then had to sign a waiver stating that you wouldn't use them in the state as it was illegal to use. I know of no one that ever got busted for it or even cops who enforced it unless they were commercial sized ones that could cause major property damage.

  6. #1046
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    At least you weren't backwards as Ohio was when it came to fireworks. You could buy them within the state but then had to sign a waiver stating that you wouldn't use them in the state as it was illegal to use. I know of no one that ever got busted for it or even cops who enforced it unless they were commercial sized ones that could cause major property damage.
    Never saw a single person ever arrested or charged with the fireworks regardless of what time of year they were bought or used but they stayed illegal for a while.

    I have a feeling the moment Cooper is defeated the GOP will attack women here too but also dealers to start selling anything the women need and all but the worst police will know that enforcing those laws will turn the public against them to a level they won’t like.

    Prohibition spawned NASCAR, wonder what turning such a majority of the people against them with something like this would cause.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2022-05-08 at 01:05 AM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  7. #1047
    https://twitter.com/KyleClark/status...38779831959552

    Topically, a Republican candidate for governor in Colorado who has a "pro life, no exceptions" stance - meaning no exceptions for abortion for rape or incest - also was arrested for assaulting his then pregnant wife.

    When asked to square the seeming incongruency here, what with assaulting a pregnant woman putting the fetus at risk (and technically that's assaulting two people under this logic, too). Interviewer is asking a very leading question about both being instances of him wanting to control women's bodies (he ain't entirely wrong, either) and the candidate falls back on, "I'm not perfect, only Jesus was perfect."

    The fuckin clown shoes of it all. Because there's no actual logical or ideological argument to back this kind of position up.

    Bonus points if you read the thread:

    - He wants to outlaw mail-in voting. He's voted by mail in every election since it was allowed in the state in 2013.

    - He wants to cut the sales tax because "30% of the budget is waste" without further elaboration. Guess where he plans to cut from? If you guessed anything other than education, what are you thinking? He wants "teachers to get creative" which means underpaid teachers spending their own money to make up for the lack of budget.

    - Rounded it out with some open homophobia.

    I'm beginning to think that many of the people holding this position simply aren't honest or nice people.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-05-08 at 02:22 AM.

  8. #1048
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    When asked to square the seeming incongruency here, what with assaulting a pregnant woman putting the fetus at risk (and technically that's assaulting two people under this logic, too). Interviewer is asking a very leading question about both being instances of him wanting to control women's bodies (he ain't entirely wrong, either) and the candidate falls back on, "I'm not perfect, only Jesus was perfect."
    I love how people use the "only jesus was perfect" example to justify why they are such shitbags.

    First off, the bible makes it pretty clear that Jesus was also not perfect... he had his metaphorical crosses to bear before he had a literal one.

    Second, aspiring to live up to Jesus' example, even if it's impossible, is supposed to be the whole god damn point.
    Isms bore me. I think they are only brought by people who seek to marginalize the potential of each ism to provide something meaningful. Name it, Capitalism, Socialism, even Communism-- all contain something of merit towards structuring a society. The biggest flaw in human history has been the need to take the worst of a system along with the best. It doesn't have to be all of one and none of another.

  9. #1049
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm beginning to think that many of the people holding this position simply aren't honest or nice people.
    I mean...if the pillars of your political platform involve stripping rights from people, whether that be abortion, voting, or education, I think "being nice" was thrown out the window long ago.

  10. #1050
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I mean...if the pillars of your political platform involve stripping rights from people, whether that be abortion, voting, or education, I think "being nice" was thrown out the window long ago.
    National Abortion Ban Possible if Roe v. Wade Overturned: Mitch McConnell

    If that does not motivate the Democratic voters, nothing will.

  11. #1051
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/KyleClark/status...38779831959552

    Topically, a Republican candidate for governor in Colorado who has a "pro life, no exceptions" stance - meaning no exceptions for abortion for rape or incest - also was arrested for assaulting his then pregnant wife.

    When asked to square the seeming incongruency here, what with assaulting a pregnant woman putting the fetus at risk (and technically that's assaulting two people under this logic, too). Interviewer is asking a very leading question about both being instances of him wanting to control women's bodies (he ain't entirely wrong, either) and the candidate falls back on, "I'm not perfect, only Jesus was perfect."

    The fuckin clown shoes of it all. Because there's no actual logical or ideological argument to back this kind of position up.

    Bonus points if you read the thread:

    - He wants to outlaw mail-in voting. He's voted by mail in every election since it was allowed in the state in 2013.

    - He wants to cut the sales tax because "30% of the budget is waste" without further elaboration. Guess where he plans to cut from? If you guessed anything other than education, what are you thinking? He wants "teachers to get creative" which means underpaid teachers spending their own money to make up for the lack of budget.

    - Rounded it out with some open homophobia.

    I'm beginning to think that many of the people holding this position simply aren't honest or nice people.
    Should tell him to cut his own salary before cutting anything else if he is looking to cut the budget as you know, state congressional salaries are part of the budget. While not generally the biggest waste in the budget, it is sizable seeing as how effective most politicians are. Also, should point out that assaulting a child is generally a jailable offense. Should go old school and tell the other prisoners he likes to beat women and children.

  12. #1052
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I mean...if the pillars of your political platform involve stripping rights from people
    You mean free speech and gun ownership? At least they are going easy on criminals in Los Angeles and not charging them with felonious crimes. Or charging rioters and looters with crimes in several cities.

    I also noticed people here are glad justices are doxxed and harassed for doing their jobs.

  13. #1053
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    24,064
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    You mean free speech
    Name one piece of legislation passed or announced by democrats that would strip people of their first amendment right.

    And no, "twitter" is not a democrat politician.

    and gun ownership?
    Name one piece of legislation passed or announced by democrats that would strip people of their second amendment right.

    And I will remind you "some guy you heard on twitter" does not count.

    Here, just so you don't bury the lede, I'll note an example of Republican politicians working to strip people of their rights:

    The partisan supreme court and GOP legislatures working to strip women of their right to bodily autonomy.


    At least they are going easy on criminals in Los Angeles and not charging them with felonious crimes. Or charging rioters and looters with crimes in several cities.
    The fuck does that have to do with anything
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  14. #1054
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    34,905
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    You mean free speech and gun ownership? At least they are going easy on criminals in Los Angeles and not charging them with felonious crimes. Or charging rioters and looters with crimes in several cities.

    I also noticed people here are glad justices are doxxed and harassed for doing their jobs.
    The fact that you think Democrats are trying to legislated away free speech and gun rights is to this day still hilarious. It's like, you drank the Fox News Kool Aide and even though you know it's all bullshit you're still proud you drunk it for some reason.
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Just came here to remind people that the right has no moral conscious. If they ever try to morally scold you, it's not because they think what you're doing is wrong. Is because it's effective, and want to discourage you from doing it.

  15. #1055
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    24,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    The fact that you think Democrats are trying to legislated away free speech and gun rights is to this day still hilarious. It's like, you drank the Fox News Kool Aide and even though you know it's all bullshit you're still proud you drunk it for some reason.
    They’ve made him fearful enough of that possibility to let them do whatever they want, just so long as he thinks they’re keeping the evil democrats at bay.

    It’s kinda… sad, really. Living your life in terror of constant boogeymen.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  16. #1056
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    72,116
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    You mean free speech and gun ownership?
    Neither are threatened by Democratic policies. This is obvious to literally anyone who bothers to look. You're either pushing malicious propaganda, or you're so gullible you're parroting it yourself without question.

    At least they are going easy on criminals in Los Angeles and not charging them with felonious crimes. Or charging rioters and looters with crimes in several cities.
    That's just an empty lie.

    I also noticed people here are glad justices are doxxed and harassed for doing their jobs.
    FYI, it was right-wingers supporting the leaked document who doxxed and harassed the justices. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...side-home.html

    Really helps if you have literally any clue what's actually going on.


  17. #1057
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,728
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    I also noticed people here are glad justices are doxxed and harassed for doing their jobs.
    Being partisan hacks delivering ideological victories with gaping holes in logic is not supposed to be their jobs.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  18. #1058
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    You mean free speech and gun ownership? At least they are going easy on criminals in Los Angeles and not charging them with felonious crimes. Or charging rioters and looters with crimes in several cities.

    I also noticed people here are glad justices are doxxed and harassed for doing their jobs.
    Just came here to remind people that the right has no moral conscious. If they ever try to morally scold you, it's not because they think what you're doing is wrong. Is because it's effective, and want to discourage you from doing it.
    MMO-Champion Off-Topic's voice of reason.
    If you're mad at me, rest assured it's only because I'm smarter than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

  19. #1059
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    You mean free speech and gun ownership?
    Being being so "smart" that you believe people being banned on twitter is stopping free speech and common sense gun regulation being trying to strip away 2nd amendment rights.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  20. #1060
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    National Abortion Ban Possible if Roe v. Wade Overturned: Mitch McConnell

    If that does not motivate the Democratic voters, nothing will.
    I'm sooo 100% sure all the conservatives who said abortion should be left up to the individual states to decide after this leak will take issue up with this!

    /s

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •