1. #1281
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    it should be left to the states.
    just like gay marriage.

    just like interracial marriage.

    just like chattel slavery.


    boy, it's almost as if you assholes want us to live in the 1770's. how'd those articles of confederation work out for you? poorly? who could have seen that coming...

  2. #1282
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    TUCKER CARLSON SAYS THIS VIDEO IS NSFW AND NSFL!!!! HE HESITATES TO SHOW THEM BECAUSE THEY'RE DISGUSTING!

    https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1523822312796999680

    It's literally peaceful protesters standing with a sign and a megaphone.

    Truly, conservatives are the most paper-skinned, terrified, panicky people in existence.
    Let's see if Republicans will put up with this. Yes. That's Nancy Pelosi's house. Yes. That's an airmatress on her sidewalk. Yes. That's a protester strumming folk songs on a dulcimer. No. There was and is no walls around the house.



    Last edited by Rasulis; 2022-05-10 at 10:08 PM.

  3. #1283
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Let's see if Republicans will put up with this. Yes. That's Nancy Pelosi's house. Yes. That's an airmatress on her sidewalk. Yes. That's a protester strumming folk songs on a dulcimer. No. There was and is no walls around the house.
    I'm more curious if they'll acknowledge it's happening, because it would be devastating to their case that they're actually the Real Victims here.

  4. #1284
    I am Murloc! Poopymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    5,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    TUCKER CARLSON SAYS THIS VIDEO IS NSFW AND NSFL!!!! HE HESITATES TO SHOW THEM BECAUSE THEY'RE DISGUSTING!

    https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1523822312796999680

    It's literally peaceful protesters standing with a sign and a megaphone.

    Truly, conservatives are the most paper-skinned, terrified, panicky people in existence.
    What were those women doing out of the kitchen?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    They saw some brown people and some black people. He probably thought they were gonna grab some chinos, polo shirts, tiki torches, and shout about how they won't be replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

  5. #1285
    IPG, Publicis and WPP, three of largest advertising firms in the US, informed their staffers that their healthcare benefits will include travel funding for employees located in states seeking to block abortion access.

    WPP CEO Mark Read memo to employees:

    “Many of you have spoken to me and your agency leadership teams following changes in the laws governing reproductive healthcare in the U.S. at the state level, and the leak of the Supreme Court’s draft majority opinion on Roe v. Wade,” the memo said. “We don’t know the full details or impact of these potential changes in reproductive rights yet, but we do know we want our people to have the same health coverage regardless of where they live.”

    Getting really awkward.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2022-05-10 at 11:06 PM.

  6. #1286
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Late term elective abortions are not a thing.
    Also, "late-term abortion" (which is not a medical term) is any abortion past 21 weeks...and these account for about 1% of all abortions. The reasons for these kinds of abortions are usually medical (for either the mother or the fetus). More often than not these were pregnancies the mother had intended to carry to term...but because of previously unknown factors, were bascially forced into an "elective" abortion.
    Isms bore me. I think they are only brought by people who seek to marginalize the potential of each ism to provide something meaningful. Name it, Capitalism, Socialism, even Communism-- all contain something of merit towards structuring a society. The biggest flaw in human history has been the need to take the worst of a system along with the best. It doesn't have to be all of one and none of another.

  7. #1287
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    TUCKER CARLSON SAYS THIS VIDEO IS NSFW AND NSFL!!!! HE HESITATES TO SHOW THEM BECAUSE THEY'RE DISGUSTING!

    https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1523822312796999680

    It's literally peaceful protesters standing with a sign and a megaphone.

    Truly, conservatives are the most paper-skinned, terrified, panicky people in existence.
    20 year olds should stop protesting and actually vote.

    God voter turnout for elections are so low its infuriating

  8. #1288
    https://www.npr.org/2021/12/25/10680...on-women-freed

    FYI this is basically the future conservatives appear to want in their states: Jailing women for upwards of a decade or more for having medical emergencies that resulted in miscarriages.

    I guess they're worried that marijuana may be decriminalized and they really need to keep the private prisons full.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    20 year olds should stop protesting and actually vote.

    God voter turnout for elections are so low its infuriating
    Somehow I think the 20 year olds (who aren't the only people protesting, btw) that are motivated enough to protest are also voting. But thanks for your nontribution I guess.

  9. #1289
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    And if the doctor, or someone that might be him/her, goes to a casinoconference in Las Vegas?
    Then he/she will lose a bunch of money at the blackjack tables and fly home...same as usual.
    Isms bore me. I think they are only brought by people who seek to marginalize the potential of each ism to provide something meaningful. Name it, Capitalism, Socialism, even Communism-- all contain something of merit towards structuring a society. The biggest flaw in human history has been the need to take the worst of a system along with the best. It doesn't have to be all of one and none of another.

  10. #1290
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    72,118
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    20 year olds should stop protesting and actually vote.
    20-year-olds have, at most, been able to vote in one single election cycle. They aren't the problem.

    Plus, the reason that younger generations are consistently less likely to vote has nothing to do with laziness, and everything to do with the fact that they're far more likely to be working shitty-ass jobs where they can't take the time off both because they can't afford the lost hours nor is their boss willing to let them.

    Also; that's a false dilemma. I'd venture that those protesting are actually significantly more likely to vote than those who aren't.


  11. #1291
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.npr.org/2021/12/25/10680...on-women-freed

    FYI this is basically the future conservatives appear to want in their states: Jailing women for upwards of a decade or more for having medical emergencies that resulted in miscarriages.

    I guess they're worried that marijuana may be decriminalized and they really need to keep the private prisons full.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Somehow I think the 20 year olds (who aren't the only people protesting, btw) that are motivated enough to protest are also voting. But thanks for your nontribution I guess.
    My hatred for people in their early 20s is unending

  12. #1292
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    My hatred for people in their early 20s is unending
    That's not a very healthy attitude.
    Isms bore me. I think they are only brought by people who seek to marginalize the potential of each ism to provide something meaningful. Name it, Capitalism, Socialism, even Communism-- all contain something of merit towards structuring a society. The biggest flaw in human history has been the need to take the worst of a system along with the best. It doesn't have to be all of one and none of another.

  13. #1293
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    20 year olds should stop protesting and actually vote.

    God voter turnout for elections are so low its infuriating
    Extending early and vote by mail periods and making election day a national holiday, while also accepting things like student IDs etc would really really help with those 20 year olds voting.

    Because unlike the average 60 year old or unemployed welfare queen republican voter in all those rural shithole states, 20 year olds have shit to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

  14. #1294
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    My hatred for people in their early 20s is unending
    So you were born in your 30s? because that's a rather insane attitude to have or maybe too many of them have turned you down.

  15. #1295
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    TUCKER CARLSON SAYS THIS VIDEO IS NSFW AND NSFL!!!! HE HESITATES TO SHOW THEM BECAUSE THEY'RE DISGUSTING!

    https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1523822312796999680

    It's literally peaceful protesters standing with a sign and a megaphone.

    Truly, conservatives are the most paper-skinned, terrified, panicky people in existence.
    Man, all that standing around with signs. So NSFW. Disturbed me to the core. I mean, I've seen more action watching paint dry.

  16. #1296
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Man, all that standing around with signs. So NSFW. Disturbed me to the core. I mean, I've seen more action watching paint dry.
    lol. Looks like the writers came up with the fearmongering talking point before anyone actually saw the footage of...people standing in the street.

  17. #1297
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yo, who got repeatedly tagged by Twitter for spreading misinformation? Who exerted an excessive amount of control over the agencies under his purview?

    No, we voted for Biden. Not because we were all super excited about his policies, but because he was objectively the better/less-bad choice between the two.

    Yeah, but what about for the USA? I'm less interested in "what's good for democrats/republicans" than I am in, "What's good for the nation and everyone who lives here"?
    So above you say you voted for Biden because he was the less bad choice of the two? How is that not voting against Trump? You can honestly say you never posted on this board to vote against Trump before any nomination was picked?

    And you think Biden creating a disinformation board is good for the country. Chaired by a person who has spread misinformation. That the secretary of DHS did not have any say in choosing and had no idea about her past even though the board is under his department. You think an arbitrary fact checking organization run by the government is good for the country? Do you think it's okay for Biden to create a censor board run by someone who has repeated disinformation?

    It's like the people posting seem to think democrats are any different then republicans when it comes to putting out disinformation. Just look at this forum. You say you didn't believe links I posted until I linked 6 in a separate post, and even then you were dismissive because it went against your talking points. That's the level of the people on this board, confronted with overwhelming facts, you choose to still not accept them.

  18. #1298
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    So above you say you voted for Biden because he was the less bad choice of the two? How is that not voting against Trump? You can honestly say you never posted on this board to vote against Trump before any nomination was picked?
    I know you don't get this. But there's legitimately not a single thing the democrats could have run (as someone or something the could have won the primaries) that was in any way, any metric, any measure, somehow worse than Trump.

    He's an idiot fascist. The only reason why we didn't end up with a fascist dictatorship and death camps was because he was an idiot, too incompetent to do a coup. It wasn't a lack of trying, it was a lack competence.

    Also, there's no equivalency of any sort between the GOP and Dems when it comes to truthfulness. Democrats sometimes lie. A lot. They don't really lie per say, they just usually lie by omission. Republicans always lie, no exception. And it's not just that they lie, it's also that the intent behind lies is always malicious.

    Your party is the one that trying to legalize or keep legal child marriages, while calling people groomers for saying that a teenager should know how to put on a condom. Democrats want that teenagers when inevitably will have sex with other teenagers they should do it safely and fully aware of they are doing. Republicans want to fuck children. See the difference? No?

    But here's the thing. I know, you know all this. It's just you want to live in idiot fascist state, you want to fuck children and then force them to have children of their own. You hate minorities and you will happily live in any dystopian hellhole as long as you get to make the minorities suffer more, because you are malicious.

    This is why Republicans don't have a political platform. There isn't an articulated economic policy, no healthcare plan, no infrastructure plan, nothing. All you have is two dumb slogans, an imaginary wall, cages for children and a million ideas on how to make life miserable for every minority and woman in existence. That's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

  19. #1299
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    It's like the people posting seem to think democrats are any different then republicans when it comes to putting out disinformation.
    First, herp derp both sides. Second, you really suck at critical thinking. It's quite astonishing.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  20. #1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I guess they're worried that marijuana may be decriminalized and they really need to keep the private prisons full.
    You say that jokingly, but that was one of my first serious thoughts about this. The prison system is probably the second most profitable industry in the US after healthcare. The loss of the "war on drugs" would be catastrophic to their throughput of "clients". If they can replace that by going after poor (and more likely ethnic) people for anything related to sexual health, the Republicans probably think that's a no-brainer.

    It's disgusting to see. Unless this backsliding is reversed very quickly, the US is going to be living in the 1800s pretty soon.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •