Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Never mind the anti-vax nurses and doctors...
    Or the doctor who thinks demon sperm makes women infertile etc. etc. etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You need to read your own source. The biomass energy comes from water treatment. I.E. sewage. It’s not medical waste.
    Like I said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I don't know about DC specifically, but sometimes medical waste is also burned in biomass plants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Like I said:
    Is the question, does fetal material get incinerated to create electricity? Its a pretty common way to dispose of medical waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Is the question, does fetal material get incinerated to create electricity? Its a pretty common way to dispose of medical waste.
    I linked info that said 17% of DC's power generation is biomass, and said that medical waste is sometimes burned in biomass plants, while not being sure if DC engages in that practice. I'm not exactly sure what part vegas is hung up on. And yeah, it's fairly common practice. It all gets burned anyway.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022...ortality-rates

Pro-life Republican Senator Bill Cassidy of Louisiana is, again, saying the quiet part out loud -

“About a third of our population is African American; African Americans have a higher incidence of maternal mortality. So, if you correct our population for race, we’re not as much of an outlier as it’d otherwise appear. Now, I say that not to minimize the issue but to focus the issue as to where it would be. For whatever reason, people of color have a higher incidence of maternal mortality.”
    You'd think if they cared about the lives of the women, this would be a major issue they'd want to address.

But instead he's downplaying it because well, those Black women who die during/after childbirth - mostly due to being poor and lacking access to adequate health services - just don't count as much as the white women in Louisiana.

And they try to accuse Planned Parenthood of being racist, lol.

Fuckin racist death cultists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What a fuckin joke our democracy is.
    We'Re A rEpUbLiC.

10+ Year Old Account

Pro-life Republican Senator Bill Cassidy of Louisiana is, again, saying the quiet part out loud -

You'd think if they cared about the lives of the women, this would be a major issue they'd want to address.

But instead he's downplaying it because well, those Black women who die during/after childbirth - mostly due to being poor and lacking access to adequate health services - just don't count as much as the white women in Louisiana.

And they try to accuse Planned Parenthood of being racist, lol.

Fuckin racist death cultists.
    "For whatever reason" yeah, it's straight-up poverty combined with other forms of systemic racism, ya white supremacist assbag (Cassidy, obviously, not Edge-, explicitly stated for clarity).

Also largely due to the fact that Republicans haven't let Planned Parenthood operate openly and freely in many Republican States, like, ever. Specifically because doing so would be beneficial to women of color who need that kind of help.

No more dogwhistles and cover stories, you fascist racist fuckstains. You're Nazi-level monsters and we see right through you.

For the umpteenth time... Stop derailing threads over how people voted in 2016. That horse has been beaten to a pulp.

I linked info that said 17% of DC's power generation is biomass, and said that medical waste is sometimes burned in biomass plants, while not being sure if DC engages in that practice. I'm not exactly sure what part vegas is hung up on. And yeah, it's fairly common practice. It all gets burned anyway.
    Found this story from 2014, so you're not completely off with your hypothesis.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    For the umpteenth time... Stop derailing threads over how people voted in 2016. That horse has been beaten to a pulp.
    It's not about how people voted in 2016 champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I voted for Biden, if he pulled what she did I would have left his name off my ballot.
    It's about how voting affects things like the topic of this thread. There's no 'beating it to death', when it stays relevant to the thread topic.

Well, this can belong in either this thread or the Trump thread. So here goes.

Trump is afraid that suburban women will punish him(doesn't he pay for that anyway) for bringing in judges to overturn RvW.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...e38422513aa404
    Trump is telling close allies that 'suburban women' could punish him for the overturning of Roe v Wade, hurting his 2024 reelection chances, report says

Former President Donald Trump is telling his close allies that the potential overturning of Roe v Wade could cost him politically, hurting his chances of winning reelection should he run again in 2024, according to Rolling Stone.

Citing sources familiar with the matter, Rolling Stone reported that Trump has been telling allies that the issue of abortion could turn "suburban women" against him.

"Suburban women have been a recurring concern for [former] President Trump, including during the 2020 campaign, when his smarter advisers were sounding the alarm to him about how he was losing suburbs," a source said, per Rolling Stone.

"He is … worried women in the suburbs could punish him for this one day, [too]," the source continued.

Since a draft opinion to overturn Roe v Wade was leaked, Trump has been uncharacteristically quiet about it. He has not referenced it on Truth Social and has only once alluded to it once during a rally, Rolling Stone reported. Two sources told the media outlet that the silence is "intentional and calculated."

Trump has reportedly been telling allies that suburban women don't like hearing about the issue as they are typically more pro-choice than the mainstream of the Republican Party, according to Rolling Stone.

He has told several associates that his enemies could "use it against him" in 2024 if he went too hard now on pushing for the overturning of Roe v Wade, the media outlet said.

"'Suburban women — some who voted for me — they don't like it when we talk about it," Trump reportedly said at a small gathering this month, a source told Rolling Stone.

Trump once described himself as pro-choice. Speaking to NBC in 1999, he declared: "I'm very pro-choice."

His position changed by the time he became president. In 2016, he promised to select judges for the Supreme Court who would "automatically" overturn Roe v Wade. Three of his appointees — Justices Brett Kavanaugh, Amy Coney Barrett, and Neil Gorsuch — have reportedly agreed to the draft opinion.

Trump's post-presidency office did not respond to Insider's request for comment on Saturday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, this can belong in either this thread or the Trump thread. So here goes.

Trump is afraid that suburban women will punish him(doesn't he pay for that anyway) for bringing in judges to overturn RvW.
    According to @Fairelaine, this is offtopic and deserves an infraction. We can't talk about responsible voting in future elections.

Holy fuck I twitched reading this. Gotta be careful not to lose my last 2 brain cells.

It's not about how people voted in 2016 champ.

It's about how voting affects things like the topic of this thread. There's no 'beating it to death', when it stays relevant to the thread topic.
    Man, I have been the guy you have been talking to and even I see it as talking about how people voted in 2016. It's about how people voted in 2016 and trying to use that to talk about the impacts of how those ran off votes impacted this.

Flat out, it is and has been being beat it death, and this is coming from the guy you have been beating it to death with. And if you really are trying to talk about future elections than you definitely chose the wrong side as your side would be begging for repeats due to reasons I explained in post #1595.

Seriously man, claiming this isn't about 2016 is putting lipstick on a pig at this point.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Seriously man, claiming this isn't about 2016 is putting lipstick on a pig at this point.
    It's almost like I linked you saying you'd vote in the same manner in the future, ignoring the consequences of that vote. Consequences like this thread topic. Stop derailing this into talking about 2016. That 6 years in the past.

It's almost like I linked you saying you'd vote in the same manner in the future, ignoring the consequences of that vote. Consequences like this thread topic. Stop derailing this into talking about 2016. That 6 years in the past.
    haha, good one.... At which point I defer back to post #1595 which explains the flaw in your logic.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Ironically, black women account for the vast majority of abortions in southern states. Louisianna - 61.4%, Georgia - 64.9%, Alabama - 61.9%, Mississippi - 74.5%. Like I said, cutting access to abortion will make maternal mortality rates in these states go way up.
    These are Republican controlled states. The extermination of non-whites seems to be their end goal anyways.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)