1. #1481
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Hah, I wonder if getting pregnant in the US would be considered enough to grant your child US citizenship?
    If you're going to treat the fetus as a person that can very well happen. If you don't want people to walk through the door then don't open it for them.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  2. #1482
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Hah, I wonder if getting pregnant in the US would be considered enough to grant your child US citizenship? Or why stop there, why not the moment your dad produced half of you in his ballsack?

    Edit: ooh, or even when your mom produced half of you forever ago? Sooo many ‘US citizens’ need repatriation now. Turns out your grandma who emigrated to Chile was retroactively considered a US citizen so you and all your children are too by birth right.
    The pro play will be to get impregnated in the US then have the baby born somewhere in the EU. Gotta cover all bases. If the government demands proof of said impregnation that results in a person the second daddy comes into mommy, getchu cameras out and make some money outta amateur porn on the side while you're at it.

    The idea is very obviously stupid and anyone espousing it only does so to serve a political agenda. I doubt it will go far outside of the legislatures of some of "those" States.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

    The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

  3. #1483
    The Lightbringer Sett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MogIt probably.
    Posts
    3,960
    I hope we can get mandatory vasectomies for every male from ages 10 to 30 in America. If we're going full retard logic with this I'm all in favor of having the government regulate a man's body as well. Takes two to make a baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

  4. #1484
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I hope we can get mandatory vasectomies for every male from ages 10 to 30 in America. If we're going full retard logic with this I'm all in favor of having the government regulate a man's body as well. Takes two to make a baby!
    At which point you will get a version of the infamous words of Crystal Minton:

    "I thought Trump was going to do good things. He’s not hurting the people he needs to be hurting.”
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  5. #1485
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I wanna know if pregnant women can claim their fetus as a dependent? Can they get benefits for the fetus? I mean, there are a lot of open-ended legal questions with granting fetal personhood.
    If a fetus is granted personhood, then a mother isn't having an abortion. She's evicting a non-paying tenant.

  6. #1486
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    If a fetus is granted personhood, then a mother isn't having an abortion. She's evicting a non-paying tenant.
    Kid didn't choose to be there, no tenancy agreement, not a tenant.

    If we're gonna be silly about it you could very well say that abortion is failure to render aid leading to death.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  7. #1487
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Kid didn't choose to be there, no tenancy agreement, not a tenant.
    I suppose you're right. Likening abortion to eviction would be like saying the woman's body is someone else's property. Property doesn't get any say in the matter of what's done to it. Oh wait...

  8. #1488
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    You say that jokingly, but that was one of my first serious thoughts about this. The prison system is probably the second most profitable industry in the US after healthcare. The loss of the "war on drugs" would be catastrophic to their throughput of "clients". If they can replace that by going after poor (and more likely ethnic) people for anything related to sexual health, the Republicans probably think that's a no-brainer.

    It's disgusting to see. Unless this backsliding is reversed very quickly, the US is going to be living in the 1800s pretty soon.
    We have legal abortion in Canada and federally legal weed and we seem to be just fine. You guys need to abolish slave prison labor.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - The subscription for WoW will be added to Gamepass Ultimate at no additional cost, mark my words.

  9. #1489
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    I suppose you're right. Likening abortion to eviction would be like saying the woman's body is someone else's property. Property doesn't get any say in the matter of what's done to it. Oh wait...
    The woman's body is someone's property. It's her own. You're allowed to evict tenants from your own home.
    But if this is the angle we want to go down, that a woman's body is a home and that an abortion is analogous to an eviction, that would be child abandonment. It's illegal to just evict your five-year-old for being a bum who won't pay his rent.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  10. #1490
    I am Murloc! Poopymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    5,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    We have legal abortion in Canada and federally legal weed and we seem to be just fine. You guys need to abolish slave prison labor.
    But how will we stay in power? Prison corp donates 3 shitloads of money to me. I have to return on that investment, shit, that's the quiet part. I have to listen to my constituents, and create harsher punishments for crimes, like 3 strikes law or weed possession. Then we can fill the prisons up. The fact that those in prison (in some areas) lose voting rights while incarcerated (sometimes longer), mean we can maintain our power by targeting a certain demographic we think will always vote against our interests. Too harsh? We'll beef up the cops with surplus military hardware. If you don't obey any and all commands, and even if you do, at gunpoint you can see the point of a gun. This also removes said voter. This wouldn't be a problem if they'd just vote how we tell them to, and stop being so...what's the word they used to use...uppity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

  11. #1491

  12. #1492
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    But how will we stay in power? Prison corp donates 3 shitloads of money to me. I have to return on that investment, shit, that's the quiet part. I have to listen to my constituents, and create harsher punishments for crimes, like 3 strikes law or weed possession. Then we can fill the prisons up. The fact that those in prison (in some areas) lose voting rights while incarcerated (sometimes longer), mean we can maintain our power by targeting a certain demographic we think will always vote against our interests. Too harsh? We'll beef up the cops with surplus military hardware. If you don't obey any and all commands, and even if you do, at gunpoint you can see the point of a gun. This also removes said voter. This wouldn't be a problem if they'd just vote how we tell them to, and stop being so...what's the word they used to use...uppity?
    It sounds like you guys need to restructure how your government works at a fundamental level.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - The subscription for WoW will be added to Gamepass Ultimate at no additional cost, mark my words.

  13. #1493
    Oklahoma governor warns tribes not to create abortion havens

    Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt (R) on Sunday warned Native American tribes not to create abortion safe havens if Roe v. Wade is overturned and his state enacts a near-total ban on abortions.

    Stitt told “Fox News Sunday” there was a “possibility” tribes could establish abortion havens if his state makes most abortions illegal.

    “Oklahomans will not think very well of that if tribes try to set up abortion clinics,” Stitt said, warning he is monitoring the situation.

    Stitt appeared on “Fox News Sunday” after the Supreme Court leak of a draft opinion showing the court was preparing to overturn the 1973 precedent Roe v. Wade, which created a constitutional right to abortions.

    Oklahoma has passed into law a total ban on abortions after six weeks, only making an exception if the mother’s life is endangered. The law would go into effect if Roe v. Wade is overturned.

    More than half of Oklahoma is within tribal lands. Stitt said the expansion of tribal lands in Oklahoma includes the city of Tulsa, which covers about 1 million people, so he is “watching” what might be done to establish abortion safe havens in his state.

    “They think they can be one-one-thousandth tribal member and not have to follow state law,” Stitt said.

    The Supreme Court is currently overseeing a case involving a separate dispute between Stitt and tribal leaders over whether the state can prosecute non-Native Americans for crimes committed on tribal lands if the victim is Native American.

  14. #1494
    First indian casinos and now indian clinics. I'm okay with both, especially the later.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  15. #1495
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    First indian casinos and now indian clinics. I'm okay with both, especially the later.
    #Make all of Oklahoma Tribal Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

  16. #1496
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,701
    Weird. In general, Tribes relations to the state they are a part of is interesting. For example, the Tribes in my state don't need to follow state minimum wage if they wanted. However, they do because otherwise who would work for them over any other employer in the state? The tribal land in my state isn't very large so it isn't difficult to leave for work. Well within normal commute distance for the state.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    We have legal abortion in Canada and federally legal weed and we seem to be just fine. You guys need to abolish slave prison labor.
    They have no desire to reform our prison systems because people don't care about "criminals." But there is a huge difference between a drug user and a drug dealer let alone other types of crimes, but when you bring up lessening the penalties for users, you get tons of push back and people thinking you are insane.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  17. #1497
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    18,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I hope we can get mandatory vasectomies for every male from ages 10 to 30 in America. If we're going full retard logic with this I'm all in favor of having the government regulate a man's body as well. Takes two to make a baby!
    I've seen the idea that child support should begin at conception. All the hospital fees, doctor fees, anything else that comes with the 9 months of pregnancy... lump it into the payments.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  18. #1498
    we are pro life!!!!


    ...well until the brown people get baby formula, then we lose our shit and would rather have them die instead.


    - Republican party 2022!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  19. #1499
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    we are pro life!!!!


    ...well until the brown people get baby formula, then we lose our shit and would rather have them die instead.


    - Republican party 2022!
    Isn’t their response to just “send them back to Mexico”?

  20. #1500
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bordeaux, France
    Posts
    5,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    we are pro life!!!!


    ...well until the brown people get baby formula, then we lose our shit and would rather have them die instead.


    - Republican party 2022!
    It's a complete red herring. Even if there is a few thousands babies at the border, which is a very generous estimate, that does not explain the current shortage for millions of babies throughout the country. Not even close, anyone with half a brain can see the holes in that story.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •