Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    It's a complete red herring. Even if there is a few thousands babies at the border, which is a very generous estimate, that does not explain the current shortage for millions of babies throughout the country. Not even close, anyone with half a brain can see the holes in that story.
    From what I heard, that wasn’t a picture of formula they are whining about but powdered milk which a parent will know isn’t the same thing.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    It's a complete red herring. Even if there is a few thousands babies at the border, which is a very generous estimate, that does not explain the current shortage for millions of babies throughout the country. Not even close, anyone with half a brain can see the holes in that story.
    Why blame capitalism and corporate consolidation resulting in the three companies deciding that selling baby formula isn't as profitable as it once was, when you can blame brown mother and babies and advocate for those brown babies to starve to death?

They're very "pro-life" after all, and there's totally no racial element to this outrage. Not one bit.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why blame capitalism and corporate consolidation resulting in the three companies deciding that selling baby formula isn't as profitable as it once was, when you can blame brown mother and babies and advocate for those brown babies to starve to death?

They're very "pro-life" after all, and there's totally no racial element to this outrage. Not one bit.
    Nah, babies don't need to eat.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    As fun as Spider is, it's more like there's a few knife-fuckers who vote religiously, and a larger mass of fuck-stab victims who don't vote because "the only politicians are pro-knife-fucking".

Get out there and fuckin' vote, you assbags. You can literally change everything if you give enough of a shit. The USA is circling the drain because of apathy. It's a living expression of the mantra that all that evil requires to prosper is that good people do nothing​.

"Guess we may as well get knife-fucked" is a stupid-ass position.

"But we can't change anything" you've literally never even tried.
    We all know Republicans win when there's less voter participation. Whether it's because of Democrat apathy, left-leaning apathy, Republicans just having more conviction to and ability to vote, or any number of other things, we know this is a fact. So there's going to be plenty of Republican policies that seek to stop people from voting. And in the future, no doubt they'll just try to make it so that most political positions aren't voted on at all.

The US isn't that far off of being actually just Gilead with how much voter suppression and discouragement goes on.
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Just came here to remind people that the right has no moral conscious. If they ever try to morally scold you, it's not because they think what you're doing is wrong. Is because it's effective, and want to discourage you from doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Nah, babies don't need to eat.
    White babies do, brown ones not so much. Apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    White babies do, brown ones not so much. Apparently.
    See, babies only matter until they are born.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

See, babies only matter until they are born.
    I mean brown babies never matter to conservatives even if they aren't born.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    I mean brown babies never matter to conservatives even if they aren't born.
    No, they matter to them. As a means of scape goating the actual problems.

Conservative solutions to problems is find someone to blame who is tangentially involved, blame them and rather than actually work to solve the problem.

Also, they matter so they can paint pro-choice people as racist. Because pro-choice people use abortion to kill non-white babies!
    –The Sith Code

No, they matter to them. As a means of scape goating the actual problems.

Conservative solutions to problems is find someone to blame who is tangentially involved, blame them and rather than actually work to solve the problem.

Also, they matter so they can paint pro-choice people as racist. Because pro-choice people use abortion to kill non-white babies!
    The real Rightists say Pro-Choice wants to use abortion to kill all babies. Hail Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

Fairy tales are more than true–not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

This is what the start of police state looks like. Just ask the Jewish and Gypsy population from 1930's Germany.

I guess it's time to allow an employee at every Planned Parenthood to live in the clinic.

Trump, at some point, is going to pick up the anti-abortion movement as his own (despite, I'm sure, needing many of them himself). When he does that he will solidify his hold on the GOP as a whole. He will have control of the following:

1. GOP purse strings (already)
    2. GQP/MAGA/QNON crazies (already)
    3. GOP Anti-abortion movement personnel and grass roots and violent crazies, which include the religious conservatives who didn't support Trump, but do passionately believe in abortion bans.

This trifecta will get him the 2024 nomination and win for the White House (with Desantis, possibly, as his running mate).

Virtue signaling. I don't think any of the justices have homes in Florida.

If Roe vs. Wade is overturned, the US may be seeing a surge in maternal mortality. As it is, the US saw a 20% surge in maternal mortality rate in 2020. California was the only state that did not experience an increase in maternal mortality. The anti-abortion states are the states with the highest maternal mortality rates to begin with. Some in order of magnitude when compared to California. I guarantee that forcing women to carry through unwanted pregnancies will make the problem worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Isn’t their response to just “send them back to Mexico”?
    starve them first it's cheaper!!

- - - Updated - - -

LOOL what is this bill #1393 that won't stand up to challenges?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    If Roe vs. Wade is overturned, the US may be seeing a surge in maternal mortality. As it is, the US saw a 20% surge in maternal mortality rate in 2020. California was the only state that did not experience an increase in maternal mortality. The anti-abortion states are the states with the highest maternal mortality rates to begin with. Some in order of magnitude when compared to California. I guarantee that forcing women to carry through unwanted pregnancies will make the problem worse.
    Even worse, the forced carry-to-term just makes the poverty stricken that much worse. Nothing causes a larger financial strain than having a child, and in making the already-poor carry through pregnancies we'll see an increase in all the things the GQP hopes to gain. A dying middle class and a further income discrepancy.

Republican Who Put Tent on Nancy Pelosi's Lawn Slams DeSantis Protest Law

Laura Loomer, a far-right political activist who is running in a GOP primary for a U.S. House seat representing the state's 11th Congressional District, took to social media to slam the new law signed by Governor Ron DeSantis on Monday.

On Gettr, Loomer wrote that she's not supportive of the new law and referred to it as a "violation of the First Amendment" and stated that it is "unconstitutional."

Loomer, in the post stating her opposition to the law, mentioned a 2019 protest at Nancy Pelosi's California residence, where Loomer reportedly jumped a fence and set up a tent on the yard, calling it "one of my most effective protests." Loomer wrote that during that particular protest, she "claimed sanctuary on her [Pelosi's] lawn with illegal aliens to protest her refusal to fund the border wall."

Loomer went on to say that "as long as people aren't violent, peacefully protesting outside a politicians home on public property should be allowed."

Who's the special snowflake now?

Although San Franciscans probably have much thicker skin when it comes to political rallies and protests. I swear there are always some kind of protests each week. They are considered free entertainment. FunCheapSF even published a schedule of planned protests in the Bay Area.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2022-05-17 at 11:55 PM.

Holy shit...Loomer is probably right about it being unconstitutional. It's rare that she's right about literally anything, it's a banner day.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Holy shit...Loomer is probably right about it being unconstitutional. It's rare that she's right about literally anything, it's a banner day.
    I just think it's funny. Nancy Pelosi has been the target of many protests and she never once called the police on any of them. Her neighbors did call the police on Code Pink. However, she did not. Code Pink even occupied her San Francisco office for a whole afternoon, and she let them hang around her office.

I just think it's funny. Nancy Pelosi has been the target of many protests and she never once called the police on any of them. Her neighbors did call the police on Code Pink. However, she did not. Code Pink even occupied her San Francisco office for a whole afternoon, and she let them hang around her office.
    Meanwhile, Narc fuckin Collins over in Maine is callin the cops on some polite chalk messages talking about damaging public property and shit.

It sure is interesting the difference between how members of different political parties handle and respond to protests. Democrats seem to largely welcome/accept/tolerate them. Republicans get super fuckin triggered.