Page 9 of 390 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Actually said "what the fuck?" out loud when I read this last night. Roe Vs Wade is well known here in the UK too.

The Handmaid's Tale was a warning, not a manifesto.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    this is 1 issue where actually republicans are woke on
    abortion as practiced in the US is basically a form of eugenics
    No, they're not, and no, it's not. Why echo a talking point used by people who don't actually give a shit about black people or women? Yes, I'm aware Margaret Sanger in the 20s blah blah. The reality is, if we wanted to reduce the number of abortions, we would address the racist and misogynist roots of poverty.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it too late to abort the conservative justices on the court? What are the abortion laws in D.C...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s illegal to abort postpartum fetuses currently unless they’re convicted of specific crimes.
    Prochoice up to the 75th trimester, NQA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s illegal to abort postpartum fetuses currently unless they’re convicted of specific crimes.
    Yeah, ok, but what if they're clearly unviable due to having no signs of brain activity or having a heart?

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    No, they're not, and no, it's not. Why echo a talking point used by people who don't actually give a shit about black people or women? Yes, I'm aware Margaret Sanger in the 20s blah blah. The reality is, if we wanted to reduce the number of abortions, we would address the racist and misogynist roots of poverty.
    Something something magical bootstraps.

Yeah, but this decision is going to force a lot more women to seek some pills since driving out of state to get an abortion is a luxury for the financially secure. Getting pills from the guy who also has other shit is a lot more accessible.
    Problem with this is that illegal abortion pills still cost money and an illegal source might sell you fake pills. On top of that I reasonably expect some form of law against miscarriages.

Based on this they’re all, “just abandon the kid, lol.”
    The kid should just learn to take care of itself. What is it... lazy?

Thanks Clinton next time don't run such a shitty campaign.

My theory is that it was leaked by conservatives.

It's an election year. They need all the time they can for Americans to cool down after a widely unpopular decision. Even 2 months of extra time is better than nothing.

And so people will be angry. They'll protest. They'll walk out of work. And then the media cycle continues churning, and monetary needs pile up, and just like every other awful thing conservatives have done, it all blows over in ~6 months because people don't have the ability to keep the media focused or to maintain prolonged protests. Then they just accept that life gets shittier.

Just imagine being the religious extremist that sides with decisions like this. Go sign up for ISIS, guys, you have a lot in common.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Thanks Clinton next time don't run such a shitty campaign.
    To be fair, the voters were pretty shitty too. What a brilliant idea to abstain from voting just because the candidate doesn't perfectly fit into a very narrow box of ideals. It's not like this helped the even worse candidate to win...

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    To be fair, the voters were pretty shitty too. What a brilliant idea to abstain from voting just because the candidate doesn't perfectly fit into a very narrow box of ideals. It's not like this helped the even worse candidate to win...
    meh its not the voters job to swallow all pride and vote for someone actively trying to insult them, and i mean come on she never even visited Wisconsin.

7+ Year Old Account
    meh its not the voters job to swallow all pride and vote for someone actively trying to insult them, and i mean come on she never even visited Wisconsin.
    Their pride? Yikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    If you are insulted because someone didn't visit your state, you need to grow up.

Or require candidates to make one visit to all 50 states.

If you look at the map for visits to state, a lot of states are visited by neither candidate and the "swing" states or "strong base" states are the only ones that get visited.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I see it didn't take long for the usual crowd to shift blame to anything other than the people in control of the 3 branches refusing to do anything about it. Stupid arguments like 'RBG fucked us' and 'voters not getting up to vote'. Politicians sat on their fucking asses for decades, waiting for the republicans to enact their nefarious plan.

Reminder:

Last edited by Sorshen; 2022-05-03 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    My theory is that it was leaked by conservatives.

It's an election year. They need all the time they can for Americans to cool down after a widely unpopular decision. Even 2 months of extra time is better than nothing.

And so people will be angry. They'll protest. They'll walk out of work. And then the media cycle continues churning, and monetary needs pile up, and just like every other awful thing conservatives have done, it all blows over in ~6 months because people don't have the ability to keep the media focused or to maintain prolonged protests. Then they just accept that life gets shittier.

Just imagine being the religious extremist that sides with decisions like this. Go sign up for ISIS, guys, you have a lot in common.
    They're also in full "the leak is the *real* insurrection" mode, a month before the televised committee hearings, so yeah, I wouldn't put it past them at all.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Will be interesting to see if this decision gives the democrats a rallying point to turn around the midterm election.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Their pride? Yikes.
    i mean ya people have pride and self respect? like if one candidate actively came to your house held you down and shit on your face would you still feel like you had to vote for them even if they where the best option? and would it be your fault if you didn't and then they lost?

So how many republicans are going to adopt these kids?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    If you are insulted because someone didn't visit your state, you need to grow up.

Or require candidates to make one visit to all 50 states.

If you look at the map for visits to state, a lot of states are visited by neither candidate and the "swing" states or "strong base" states are the only ones that get visited.
    For all the incredibly tiresome sHe RaN a BaD cAmPaIgN arguments, a) Hillary won the popular vote b) Biden televised / interwebbed much of his campaign c) yes, 30-40% of American voters are pretty terrible people d) spare me