7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    States do all kind of ridiculous left-wing garbage against the second amendment, rights regarding religious expression, and free speech rights. I'm not standing for a holier-than-thou attitude on Republican-dominant legislatures. One distinction is you're talking about proposed bills, not passed bills, and still subject to debate and vote within the legislature. You're ignoring an important pruning process to raise hype on "they're trying to X!"
    It isn't remotely the same thing. You are stretching and you know it. Liberal states are not passing laws in their states to apply to what people do in other states. It is not the same thing, you just are wanting something to pretend both sides as "the same."

If the argument to remove Roe v Wade's decision because it isn't "rooted in tradition" the traditional view of the 2nd amendment was that it didn't really apply the way it was determined within the last couple of decades. They avoided saying it was specifically about individual gun owner for all purposes despite several cases going to the supreme court. So, if you support Roe v Wade being overturned to allow states to control it, this complaint of yours is garbage. And please note, I support the 2nd Amendment and common sense gun control as do the majority of gun owners. It is funny that this is another issue many conservatives are out of touch on. I mean it couldn't be some get big donations from gun manufacturers to avoid putting steps to slow down the purchase of a firearm, it is totally just defending individual ownership.

Secondly, Freedom of Speech is not carte blanche to say or do whatever you want. It has never been view that way. And given that you have Republicans attempting to force speech (ie making people partake in the pledge and prayer groups.) Saying hey, you can't use your speech to harm another isn't remotely the same level.

And as for religious expression, most people suppressing that aren't Left Wing. When the right says the left is "suppressing religious expression" it means they feel that Christianity isn't getting special treatment. You have the right to reasonable practice of religion. And you are not permitted to use the government to enforce your religion's doctrine as law. This is the "War on Christmas" nonsense.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-05-07 at 10:47 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

It's more appropriate to say the National Review knows widely available chemical abortion pills is a current issue for the pro-life movement to address. Remember that it also cheers reversals to chemical abortions, APR or Abortion-Pill Reversal, criticizes the FDA decisions and safety of them.
    States can't even stop cocaine and fentanyl, which are illegal in all states, territories and at the Federal level. There is little chance that they can stop abortion pills which are legal in half the states and at the Federal level. Go to Plan C website, pick any anti-abortion states, and it will provide a whole range of options for getting abortion pills.

We need to replace "Rich girls" from the old saying "Rich girls will always have access to abortion and get away with it" with "Girls with internet access." Since the pills will be coming from pharmacies in India, Canada and Mexico, the only way to stop this is by searching every single plain manila envelopes entering the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Heh. My wife just mentioned that both Mifepristone and Misoprostol are available with prescription from vets also. Same exact medicine used for human. They are dirt cheap. A bottle of sixty 100 mcg Misoprostol used to be less than a dollar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    We need to replace "Rich girls" from the old saying "Rich girls will always have access to abortion and get away with it" with "Girls with internet access." Since the pills will be coming from pharmacies in India, Canada and Mexico, the only way to stop this is by searching every single plain manila envelopes entering the US.
    You speak as if Republicans have ever had any objection to turning the postal service into a censorship board.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur...inst_obscenity

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

States do all kind of ridiculous left-wing garbage against the second amendment, rights regarding religious expression, and free speech rights.
    In the fever dreams of conservative propagandists.

Amazing that California's voters were able to vote, through their representatives, on the issue of abortion. You'd get the impression from dozens of posters here that every state relied on a bunch of male judges for the last 50 years.
    No part of what he quoted implied that CA voters directly voted for abortion. And it will be inconvenient to your "but just vote though!" narrative when it's pointed out to you how often these same old white men (who have taken it upon themselves to decide what happens to women's bodies) benefit from an election system that's set up to ensure they remain in power against the will of the majority of voters.

I don't think implicit comparison of developing babies to donated organs, or comparisons between pro-life and slavery, is going to help the pro-choice side politically.
    It's not a political detriment to the pro-choice crowd simply because the facts of the matter make you uncomfortable. A law requiring people to donate organs on pain of fines/imprisonment would never pass. The "becuz states' rights" argument has been made in favor of pretty much every heinous position that conservatives have held throughout the country's history. And when you say horseshit like "I'm fine with states setting out an abortion policy that their constituents approve of in moral value and results." you're saying that you'd be just fine with a state implementing slavery again if it was morally and pragmatically approved by the citizens of a state. Your reasoning is flawed, and everyone is going to keep laughing at the stupidity of it until you drop it.

The secret motives of evil men are an un-falsifiable topic.
    No one is talking about secret motives of evil men. We're talking about the intentions those evil men have made loud and clear over the past decade+.

Step 1: Bigoted politicians start banning abortions and the morning after pills.
    Step 2: Local drug dealers start selling morning after pills while every taxi service under the sun starts giving rides outside of that state with many of their employers willing to help fund it.

Also.....

Step 1: Bigoted politicians ban birth control.
    Step 2: Drug dealers now have a new best selling product in virtually every state along with the easiest time on the planet resupplying just by leaving the state and purchasing it from other states which will have made it even easier.

This will work even worse for them than the war on drugs and more on part with North Carolina's old war on fire works where we literally just drove to "South of the Border" every July and bought whatever we wanted as well as through out the year.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    You speak as if Republicans have ever had any objection to turning the postal service into a censorship board.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur...inst_obscenity
    I'll reserve judgement until they actually do that. Keep in mind, currently it is not illegal to ship those pills by mail.

Also, the post office is not the only game in town anymore. Now we have UPS, FedEx, DHL, Sendle, ShipBob, EasyPost, etc.

Not to mention scanning every single piece of US mails would be a colossal undertaking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Step 1: Bigoted politicians start banning abortions and the morning after pills.
    Step 2: Local drug dealers start selling morning after pills while every taxi service under the sun starts giving rides outside of that state with many of their employers willing to help fund it.

Also.....

Step 2: Drug dealers now have a new best selling product in virtually every state along with the easiest time on the planet resupplying just by leaving the state and purchasing it from other states which will have made it even easier.

This will work even worse for them than the war on drugs and more on part with North Carolina's old war on fire works where we literally just drove to "South of the Border" every July and bought whatever we wanted as well as through out the year.
    Generic Plan B pills are on sale for $9.99 on Amazon. Have a friend in California, or any other states where it is legal, buy them for you then send it through the mail.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    People voted for Trump and got this. It’s been a known outcome for years. Acting surprised now is fucking stupid.
    Me in 2016: "Trump is going to go after abortion rights, I don't care if you hate Hillary, we really need to protect abortion rights"

Every liberal who hated Hillary: "I don't care, Trump won't go after abortion and neither will the judges he appoints, Hillary drinks baby blood and gets paid money by banks to give speeches"

Liberals who hated Hillary NOW: "OH NO ABORTION RIGHTS ARE IN DANGER HOW COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED?!?!?!?!?!11"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I'll reserve judgement until they actually do that. Keep in mind, currently it is not illegal to ship those pills by mail.

Also, the post office is not the only game in town anymore. Now we have UPS, FedEx, DHL, Sendle, ShipBob, EasyPost, etc.

Not to mention scanning every single piece of US mails would be a colossal undertaking.

- - - Updated - - -

Generic Plan B pills are on sale for $9.99 on Amazon. Have a friend in California, or any other states where it is legal, buy it for you then send it through the mail.
    Yep and for the guys who already have a system in plans to transport actual illegal contraband.

Customer: Hey man, I would like a months supply of birth control, a box of plan b, a $20 bag of hydro and a weed vap pen.
    Seller: Sure thing.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh. My wife just mentioned that both Mifepristone and Misoprostol are available with prescription from vets also.
    Let's not go Joe Rogan just yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Me in 2016: "Trump is going to go after abortion rights, I don't care if you hate Hillary, we really need to protect abortion rights"

Every liberal who hated Hillary: "I don't care, Trump won't go after abortion and neither will the judges he appoints, Hillary drinks baby blood and gets paid money by banks to give speeches"

Liberals who hated Hillary NOW: "OH NO ABORTION RIGHTS ARE IN DANGER HOW COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED?!?!?!?!?!11"
    Yeah, nothing Trump did should have come as a surprise to anyone. "Trump (and his various appointees, extended on to the GOP as a whole) could do this awful thing, but he wont!" is nothing but deluded hope at this point.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, people like this are what frustrate me the most. Zero attention to the last 30+ years and then they get pissed when shit goes south.
    But that's how democracy works.
    In picture form:

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Really not the case. This is a particular bit of lunacy that derives from the fact that pro-life arguments have no basis in either reason nor reality. They are nothing but pseudo-religious misogyny, and their sole purpose is the subjugation and marginalization of women. Literally nothing else.
    I... how does your brain even articulate something like that and transmit it to your fingers? Your subjective view is the only objective reality? You've lost the plot if I can agree with your argument and you can turn around and call it lunacy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    I... how does your brain even articulate something like that and transmit it to your fingers? Your subjective view is the only objective reality? You've lost the plot if I can agree with your argument and you can turn around and call it lunacy.
    There wasn't anything "subjective" in what I said there.

And you weren't agreeing with me; you were looking at the wild inconsistencies created by irrational misogynistic laws and claiming that they're the result of laws "lacking the granularity".

That's lunacy. It's because the laws are irrational and predicated on premises that they don't openly express. It isn't an innate feature of law itself, and it's not that hard to write laws that don't run into those kinds of issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post

Also.....

At least you weren't backwards as Ohio was when it came to fireworks. You could buy them within the state but then had to sign a waiver stating that you wouldn't use them in the state as it was illegal to use. I know of no one that ever got busted for it or even cops who enforced it unless they were commercial sized ones that could cause major property damage.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    At least you weren't backwards as Ohio was when it came to fireworks. You could buy them within the state but then had to sign a waiver stating that you wouldn't use them in the state as it was illegal to use. I know of no one that ever got busted for it or even cops who enforced it unless they were commercial sized ones that could cause major property damage.
    Never saw a single person ever arrested or charged with the fireworks regardless of what time of year they were bought or used but they stayed illegal for a while.

I have a feeling the moment Cooper is defeated the GOP will attack women here too but also dealers to start selling anything the women need and all but the worst police will know that enforcing those laws will turn the public against them to a level they won’t like.

Prohibition spawned NASCAR, wonder what turning such a majority of the people against them with something like this would cause.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2022-05-08 at 01:05 AM.

https://twitter.com/KyleClark/status...38779831959552

Topically, a Republican candidate for governor in Colorado who has a "pro life, no exceptions" stance - meaning no exceptions for abortion for rape or incest - also was arrested for assaulting his then pregnant wife.

When asked to square the seeming incongruency here, what with assaulting a pregnant woman putting the fetus at risk (and technically that's assaulting two people under this logic, too). Interviewer is asking a very leading question about both being instances of him wanting to control women's bodies (he ain't entirely wrong, either) and the candidate falls back on, "I'm not perfect, only Jesus was perfect."

The fuckin clown shoes of it all. Because there's no actual logical or ideological argument to back this kind of position up.

Bonus points if you read the thread:

- He wants to outlaw mail-in voting. He's voted by mail in every election since it was allowed in the state in 2013.

- He wants to cut the sales tax because "30% of the budget is waste" without further elaboration. Guess where he plans to cut from? If you guessed anything other than education, what are you thinking? He wants "teachers to get creative" which means underpaid teachers spending their own money to make up for the lack of budget.

- Rounded it out with some open homophobia.

I'm beginning to think that many of the people holding this position simply aren't honest or nice people.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-05-08 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    When asked to square the seeming incongruency here, what with assaulting a pregnant woman putting the fetus at risk (and technically that's assaulting two people under this logic, too). Interviewer is asking a very leading question about both being instances of him wanting to control women's bodies (he ain't entirely wrong, either) and the candidate falls back on, "I'm not perfect, only Jesus was perfect."
    I love how people use the "only jesus was perfect" example to justify why they are such shitbags.

First off, the bible makes it pretty clear that Jesus was also not perfect... he had his metaphorical crosses to bear before he had a literal one.

Second, aspiring to live up to Jesus' example, even if it's impossible, is supposed to be the whole god damn point.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I'm beginning to think that many of the people holding this position simply aren't honest or nice people.
    I mean...if the pillars of your political platform involve stripping rights from people, whether that be abortion, voting, or education, I think "being nice" was thrown out the window long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I mean...if the pillars of your political platform involve stripping rights from people, whether that be abortion, voting, or education, I think "being nice" was thrown out the window long ago.
    National Abortion Ban Possible if Roe v. Wade Overturned: Mitch McConnell

If that does not motivate the Democratic voters, nothing will.

https://twitter.com/KyleClark/status...38779831959552

Topically, a Republican candidate for governor in Colorado who has a "pro life, no exceptions" stance - meaning no exceptions for abortion for rape or incest - also was arrested for assaulting his then pregnant wife.

The fuckin clown shoes of it all. Because there's no actual logical or ideological argument to back this kind of position up.

Bonus points if you read the thread:

- He wants to outlaw mail-in voting. He's voted by mail in every election since it was allowed in the state in 2013.

- He wants to cut the sales tax because "30% of the budget is waste" without further elaboration. Guess where he plans to cut from? If you guessed anything other than education, what are you thinking? He wants "teachers to get creative" which means underpaid teachers spending their own money to make up for the lack of budget.

- Rounded it out with some open homophobia.

Should tell him to cut his own salary before cutting anything else if he is looking to cut the budget as you know, state congressional salaries are part of the budget. While not generally the biggest waste in the budget, it is sizable seeing as how effective most politicians are. Also, should point out that assaulting a child is generally a jailable offense. Should go old school and tell the other prisoners he likes to beat women and children.