Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Plenty of laws already make it illegal to ship products via mail to specific states. They’re not stopping the other state from selling the product, they’re just making it illegal to ship it to somewhere it’s considered illicit goods. Take lock picks for example. In some states it’s cool for a hobbyist to buy various tools and have them sent via the mail. In others it’s technically illegal and if you get caught you could face criminal penalties.
    But they cannot prevent the USPS from shipping something that is federally legal can they?

I know the reserve is true, the USPS can stop shipping weed because its illegal on a federal level still.

USPS is quite protected in the constitution and I am wondering if they could play a part in keeping the flow of pills going to these states?

man, the problem with these muddled cases and laws is they will all end up in the lap of the SCOTUS and we know how that will turn out.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    The cursive graffiti screams a church Karen did it lol.
    Deep suspicions this was not written by a zoomer, I don't even think they teach cursive in schools anymore since it's completely unnecessary nonsense.

On the plus side, when this flood of laws GOP """politicians""" are implementing further tank the quality of life in their states, even the fuckwits who would normally vote for them might seek to oust them in favor of representation that doesn't actively want to reduce them to residents of a 3rd world country.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Deep suspicions this was not written by a zoomer, I don't even think they teach cursive in schools anymore since it's completely unnecessary nonsense.
    It’s the “Eat, Pray, Love” of tag styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Wait did you just rally for free speech then rail against it when it came to protestors outside of someone's house?

Can you make up your mind please? Do you actually want free speech or not?
    Which is funny, because it is Kavanaugh's own fucking neighbors that were protesting at his house. No one doxxed him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    On the plus side, when this flood of laws GOP """politicians""" are implementing further tank the quality of life in their states, even the fuckwits who would normally vote for them might seek to oust them in favor of representation that doesn't actively want to reduce them to residents of a 3rd world country.
    People weren't swayed by pedophiles, Nazis, or chronic sex offenders to change their votes. I have serious doubts that GOP women past menopause are going to have any issues continuing to vote GOP because like everything else they think an overturned Roe and laws like Lee signed aren't going to affect them.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Which is funny, because it is Kavanaugh's own fucking neighbors that were protesting at his house. No one doxxed him.
    "Doxxing" is the silliest thing.

A lot of this stuff is public record. Ownership of property, for instance, is recorded with the city, and looking up the ownership of a piece of property is public access. There's often a fee, but you pay the money and they tell you who owns the property. Phone numbers get sold around all the time, too, and some of us grew up at a time when the local phone company would deliver books full of everyone's phone numbers, in the city/region. This stuff isn't big secret classified kind of stuff that anyone should expect is kept protected and hidden, in the first place.

Like, if you're hacking into people's tax records or engaging in some other kind of illicit action to get information you shouldn't normally have access to, sure, that's bad. But figuring out what a public figure's address is? By, like, just looking it up? Or having their neighbour talk about their awful neighbour? Yeah, that wasn't a secret. Who gives a fuck if people figure that out?

Especially weird when we're in the world of posting your colonoscopy images to Facebook publicly, and posting a detailed schedule of your entire day for everyone to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's only because people are equating "public figures who are setting policy that will negatively effect the lives of millions of people" with "some random jackass shitposting on twitter." Call me crazy, but a person shouldn't get to hide from the consequences of taking people's rights away...
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-05-09 at 03:08 AM.

You say this as if it's not largely already the case - https://www.newsweek.com/alabama-un-...-racism-743601

A United Nations official investigating poverty in the United States was shocked at the level of environmental degradation in some areas of rural Alabama, saying he had never seen anything like it in the developed world.

"I think it's very uncommon in the First World. This is not a sight that one normally sees. I'd have to say that I haven't seen this," Philip Alston, the U.N.'s Special Rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights, told Connor Sheets of AL.com earlier this week as they toured a community in Butler County where "raw sewage flows from homes through exposed PVC pipes and into open trenches and pits."
    They don't care though, because it's largely communities of color that deal with the majority of the extreme poverty, and others that aren't active voters in general. And even if they were, they wouldn't likely care.

Because as we repeatedly see, the cruelty is the point.

Sad thing, actually been bringing it up here a decent amount to let people know, it is surprising just how many of them know nothing about what is going on.

Too many have the mindset of, “I don’t really care until it impacts me”. The problem with that is when it finally does impact them it’s already too late and will take 100 times more work to fix if it ever can be.

Edit: They would openly say that it was fucked up and isn’t right and these people are insane. But too many end up with, “But none of this is passing in North Carolina right? And “Not Yet” seems to be good enough.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2022-05-09 at 03:29 AM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Andrew Wilhoite won a Republican primary in Indiana on Tuesday night after being arrested in the murder of his wife Nikki Wilhoite, who had just finished her last round of chemotherapy.
    https://www.mediaite.com/politics/re...ary-from-jail/

Tell me again how Republicans are pro life and that they don't just want to murder women.

Neither are threatened by Democratic policies. This is obvious to literally anyone who bothers to look. You're either pushing malicious propaganda, or you're so gullible you're parroting it yourself without question.

That's just an empty lie.

Really helps if you have literally any clue what's actually going on.
    I know I won't get a serious response from this board...but can anyone honestly say they would be okay if Donald Trump created a Disinformation Governance Board? And even the secretary of homeland security was weary of the person picked to run it after actually learning things she has done. No, it's not created to stifle free speech, just like twitter people are going nuts because they can't censor the same people like they used to when Musk takes over, having some of them stating they need more censorship. But I'm pushing propaganda.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ime-rates.html
    Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva claimed the District Attorney's office has thrown out 13,238 cases since George Gascon took office in 2020

It comes as the city continues to see a spike in violent crime, which has gone up by more than 15 percent since 2020 while Gascon faces his second recall attempt since taking office.

It's also the latest criticism levied against the woke DA after he announced on Thursday that his office would not pursue felony charges against the man who attacked Dave Chappell while carrying a gun and knife.
    This is how a nation bashing Canadian always reacts, calling the statement an empty lie. The da will not pursue enhancement charges and refuses to prosecute certain charges. I guess I am lying because I provide proof of how the da is being soft on crime and Endus results to just saying I am lying. But he always does this. Next he will call me racist or homophobic for saying the da is soft on crime. That's his other M.O.

So if I post links that support what I say, does that mean I have a clue what's going on and you don't, or you just keep attack me? You think you're more knowledgeable because you live in racist country where blackface users get to be prime minister, whereas in America they just get to be democratic governors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    You actually believe your opinions aren’t subjective? Because your entire response was an opinion. And if you’re so great at crafting laws that account for every possibility, even the ones you don’t think of, why don’t you get involved yourself?

The hubris to actually believe your opinions are objective reality… if someone agrees with you, why does it matter how they got there? Some seriously narcissistic behavior right there.
    He can't help craft laws because he is not American, but is an expert on how Americans should live their lives and which freedoms they deserve. He's always opinion but thinks his opinion is better and more nuanced then everyone else. Like when he says the laws are "irrational and predicated on premises that they don't openly express" This is an opinion, but in his mind it is a fact, because he believes it and he says so.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    I know I won't get a serious response from this board...but can anyone honestly say they would be okay if Donald Trump created a Disinformation Governance Board?
    Are people still super triggered over the name?

And even the secretary of homeland security was weary of the person picked to run it after actually learning things she has done.
    Didn't Trump argue in favor waterboarding and torture of suspects?

No, it's not created to stifle free speech, just like twitter people are going nuts because they can't censor the same people like they used to when Musk takes over, having some of them stating they need more censorship. But I'm pushing propaganda.
    Considering neither of which are true, phew. We sure didn't dodge a bullet that wasn't fired, there.

Next he will call me racist or homophobic for saying the da is soft on crime.
    You seem to spend a lot of time thinking about Endus and what he thinks of/might say about you.

Chapell stuff
    Yo like...victims don't get to decide what charges the DA makes. The DA makes the charges they think they can prove in court - similar to how there was some disappointment about the charges chosen in the Floyd murder. Though for some context on that outraged based off of a limited amount of data for you -

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...nment-1349211/

The arraignment coincided with the DA’s office releasing a document explaining why it declined the case. According to the worksheet, a “slow-motion review of video footage” showed Lee was not brandishing the weapon when he hurled himself at Chapelle. The DA’s office said it was only after Lee ran backstage that he allegedly reached in his waistband for the weapon that was knocked out of his hands by a security guard.
    So if there was no deadly weapon in his hand, the case for felony assault with a deadly weapon becomes more difficult.

I swear, it's like you have to look for reasons to be outraged and you still struggle to find any valid reasons.

I don't know if "after a while of making people's lives hell the people MIGHT get rid of them" is the silver lining.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    How far would you personally like it to go?
    Probably as far back as the 19th amendment.

- - - Updated - - -

I know I won't get a serious response from this board...but can anyone honestly say they would be okay if Donald Trump created a Disinformation Governance Board?
    Donald Trump's "Disinformation Governance Board" would be the ones coming up with the Disinformation.

You know like "The election was stolen", "Jan. 6 was a peaceful protest and if it wasn't than it was antifa."
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

That would be because Donald Trump is the source of disinformation. The fact you think it's not shows you live in a reality no one can reach.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

7+ Year Old Account

A lot of this stuff is public record. Ownership of property, for instance, is recorded with the city, and looking up the ownership of a piece of property is public access. There's often a fee, but you pay the money and they tell you who owns the property. Phone numbers get sold around all the time, too, and some of us grew up at a time when the local phone company would deliver books full of everyone's phone numbers, in the city/region. This stuff isn't big secret classified kind of stuff that anyone should expect is kept protected and hidden, in the first place.

Like, if you're hacking into people's tax records or engaging in some other kind of illicit action to get information you shouldn't normally have access to, sure, that's bad. But figuring out what a public figure's address is? By, like, just looking it up? Or having their neighbour talk about their awful neighbour? Yeah, that wasn't a secret. Who gives a fuck if people figure that out?

Especially weird when we're in the world of posting your colonoscopy images to Facebook publicly, and posting a detailed schedule of your entire day for everyone to read.
    Generally, I don't think being annoyed by or being against doxxing is a silly thing, especially given outlets like CNN have previously threatened to publicly release identifying information on people who did relatively innocuous things like making a meme before, using their power to massively punch down. I would also argue that whether the information is public record or not is irrelevant given the primary purpose of doxxing is to intentionally direct people to someone to intimidate or harass them (i.e.: doxxing is almost always done with the express intent of promoting harassment of an individual, with the disseminating of information being done to increase the amount of people who will likely participate in the behavior). That said, I think there are some caveats and that there is a point to be made regarding public vs. private figures, and public figures like Kavanaugh should expect a lower degree of privacy. It could be argued that the ability to protest the actions of public figures constitutes a public good, with Kavanaugh's expected vote to repeal a woman's (legal) right to abortion being controversial and the tenure of his position making it so that hearing dissenting voices (i.e.: protests) during the process all the more important.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Didn't see anyone post anything about this and thought is was interesting.

NPR reporter says ‘leading theory’ on SCOTUS leak is conservative clerk

A clerk for a conservative justice is the “leading theory” amid intense speculation about who released a draft opinion authored by Justice Samuel Alito showing the court is set to overturn Roe v. Wade, according to legal affairs correspondent Nina Totenberg of NPR.

Totenberg said on ABC’s “This Week” that the prevailing theory is that a conservative clerk released the decision in an attempt to lock in the five justices who voted to support overturning Roe as Chief Justice John Roberts reportedly attempts to pull his colleagues toward a more moderate position.

“That has never, ever occurred before,” Totenberg said of the leak. “That could only, in all likelihood, have come from a justice — that I think is less likely — or perhaps one of the clerks.”

“The only one that makes sense is it came from somebody who was afraid that this majority might not hold,” she added.

Politico leaked Alito’s draft opinion on Monday, spurring protests across the nation as liberals raised fears of abortion rights being overturned for the first time since 1973.

Roberts condemned the leak and ordered an investigation into who was behind the move, which he called “a singular and egregious breach” of trust.
    If the bolded part is true, I'm not really sure what leaking the draft would do to solidify the majority. If anything, I would think it would have had the opposite effect.

Republicans have decried the leak as an injustice and suggested it is a political attack from an outraged liberal. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) called it a “stunning breach” and “an attack on the independence of the Supreme Court.

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (R) on Sunday theorized on Fox News that the leak was “almost certainly one of the 12 law clerks that are clerking for the three liberal justices”

“I’m confident we don’t have a master criminal working at the court. I think there are going to be electronic records,” Cruz said on “Sunday Morning Futures.”

Experts told The Hill they are divided on whether it was a liberal or conservative law clerk, each of whom could have had their own motives. But nearly everyone has agreed a sitting Supreme Court justice would not leak the draft opinion.
    That part I did find amusing. All week all we have heard from these assclowns is that it had to come from some liberal court clerk. Boy won't their face be re.... who am I kidding. They have no shame.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluespiderman57 View Post
    That part I did find amusing. All week all we have heard from these assclowns is that it had to come from some liberal court clerk. Boy won't their face be re.... who am I kidding. They have no shame.
    Yeah if it turns out it was one of their own they'll all mysteriously come down with the same case of amnesia and politely sweep the pitchforks and torches back under their collective bed, while proceeding to dutifully ignore being called out about it.

Same shit different news story. It's never even worth pointing out their own hypocrisy anymore because it's so fucking predictable and accomplishes so fucking little.

I know I won't get a serious response from this board...but can anyone honestly say they would be okay if Donald Trump created a Disinformation Governance Board? And even the secretary of homeland security was weary of the person picked to run it after actually learning things she has done. No, it's not created to stifle free speech, just like twitter people are going nuts because they can't censor the same people like they used to when Musk takes over, having some of them stating they need more censorship. But I'm pushing propaganda.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ime-rates.html

This is how a nation bashing Canadian always reacts, calling the statement an empty lie. The da will not pursue enhancement charges and refuses to prosecute certain charges. I guess I am lying because I provide proof of how the da is being soft on crime and Endus results to just saying I am lying. But he always does this. Next he will call me racist or homophobic for saying the da is soft on crime. That's his other M.O.

So if I post links that support what I say, does that mean I have a clue what's going on and you don't, or you just keep attack me? You think you're more knowledgeable because you live in racist country where blackface users get to be prime minister, whereas in America they just get to be democratic governors.

- - - Updated - - -

He can't help craft laws because he is not American, but is an expert on how Americans should live their lives and which freedoms they deserve. He's always opinion but thinks his opinion is better and more nuanced then everyone else. Like when he says the laws are "irrational and predicated on premises that they don't openly express" This is an opinion, but in his mind it is a fact, because he believes it and he says so.
    You say you want a serious response, and then you push the Daily Fail and National Review as sources?