Page 1 of 386
... LastLast

SCOTUS removes Roe V Wade

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/15213...Tr4Ydb5-26gP-Q

And they're going to try to ban contraceptives and gay marriage as well by the wording being used

Horrible, why can't Republicans just stop trying to legislate other people out of existence?

Thread Warnings: The topic of abortion did become forbidden but due to the scale of recent events, the thread will remain open. More Warnings will be added as necessary, so check here for reference. Warnings with Links will inform new readers as to when they go into effect (after the moment they are posted in the thread).

1) No religious debate. Trying to argue about the "sin" of abortion or ridiculing religious groups is not appropriate.
    2) Cease the 2016 US Presidential Election debate. Although the results of an election are related to every aspect of politics, each time this topic has come up has resulted in derailment.

Last edited by Rozz; 2022-07-02 at 01:22 AM.
    Twas brillig

It's... interesting that they've already erected barriers around the Supreme Court.

You know, like you do when you know you're speaking for the people.

Something about this seems off to me though. I'm not sure what.
    confirmed by my uncle nitnendo and masahiro samurai

Fucking degenerates.

"Deeply rooted in history."

Might as well legalize slavery (outside of the prison system, anyway) again while we're at it. That's a storied tradition throughout most of human history.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll post it here cause this thread is more specific.

The ruling itself isnt even the most terrifying part. Its the logic used in it. Right now its abortion, but Alito also specifically called out gay marriage and sodomy decisions. Whats next, Inter race marriages? Contraception use?

WTF conservatives

This is gonna get ugly QUICK...

That was the endgame with getting batshit crazies like handmaid taliban Barrett picked for the court seat. Why democrats haven't expanded the court rather than allow this insanity to continue, I'll never figure out. Pad it with 20 liberal judges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Well this is expected from the reich I mean right wing supreme court, everything is on the chopping block to make their hand maiden's tale dream come true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I'll post it here cause this thread is more specific.

The ruling itself isnt even the most terrifying part. Its the logic used in it. Right now its abortion, but Alito also specifically called out gay marriage and sodomy decisions. Whats next, Inter race marriages? Contraception use?

WTF conservatives
    Everything is on the table for these nut jobs they want to bring this country back to 1822.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's election year. A hot one at that. Tied Senate, vulnerable House hot. Abortion is one of the best wedge issues the GOP has. Just the thought that might overturn RVW is enough to activate their base.

All they really need to do is cover for states passing anti-abortion laws.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    That was the endgame with getting batshit crazies like handmaid taliban Barrett picked for the court seat. Why democrats haven't expanded the court rather than allow this insanity to continue, I'll never figure out. Pad it with 20 liberal judges.
    What's not hard to understand? The Democrats can't because of a 50/50 Senate. They don't have the votes because of Manchin/Sinema.

Progressives need to stop gaslighting their own supporters about it. It's basic math and basic civics.

Why democrats haven't expanded the court rather than allow this insanity to continue, I'll never figure out. Pad it with 20 liberal judges.
    At this point it would probably take violence to move those worthless shits off their asses. And repealing rights for vast swathes of the population is probably a pretty good ticket to that.

Yet even more proof that Bigotry and Religious Zealotry have corrupted the SCOTUS.

Fire Clarence Thomas and Protest and Vex any Politician and Pious Institutions that wants to destroy Female Bodily Autonomy.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
    What's not hard to understand? The Democrats can't because of a 50/50 Senate. They don't have the votes because of Manchin/Sinema.

Progressives need to stop gaslighting their own supporters about it. It's basic math and basic civics.
    This rhetoric is why the Left in the US progresses a blazing 1 step forward, 2 back pace.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Banana republic speedrun.

abolish the scotus

10+ Year Old Account
    Despicable! What a massive step backward.

It’s easy to know, because they largely believe this stuff too.

Look at Gay Marriage, the Democrats largely paid lip service to it at best back in the day and didn’t touch it at all, it wasn’t until the Supreme Court forced their hands that they actually came out supporting it.

The Democrats being weak isn’t by accident on much of these from what I can tell, it’s very much intentional otherwise we would have Kavanaugh indicted on perjury charges right now as he did it live, on camera, in front of the Senate during his own confirmation hearings and still under the statute of limitations.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    https://twitter.com/AOC/status/15213...Tr4Ydb5-26gP-Q

And they're going to try to ban contraceptives and gay marriage as well by the wording being used

Horrible, why can't Republicans just stop trying to legislate other people out of existence?
    It is absolutely bullshit. This makes women 2nd class citizens that can't have autonomy over their bodies.

Republicans must really love the Lochner era...

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    It is absolutely bullshit. This makes women 2nd class citizens that can't have autonomy over their bodies.
    I demand all men receive a vasectomy at age 18 and only be allowed to undo the process with the approval of a parent/guardian/spouse. If women don't have control over their bodies, men shouldn't either.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    The leaked internal memo was "confirmed" by Politico, and even they aren't dumb enough to claim that without being able to back it up.

The memo is terrifying, for several literal categories of reasons. The least of which is the loss of abortion rights throughout the United States. From what little I've read so far they are saying it's streams correctly with Alito's writing and analysis and conservative style. It might come out as 5-4 or 6-3, but I think even Roberts has been anti-abortion. Obviously, the only correct answer is, we'll see.

But as others have pointed out, the reasoning behind it, known as "strict constitutionalist" thinking, advocates that nothing exists as a federal "right" if it's not laid out in the constitution. This includes immensely historical penumbras like personal choice and the right to privacy. Which pushes out towards the right of the individual vs the right of a corporation or government.

1984 is knocking, and Orwell called it decades ago. If Trump wins in 2024, the shit is going to get very real.