Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sucks to be a woman stuck in a shithole Red State.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now that bodily autonomy is no longer a thing in a majority of Red States, when do the wealthy get to decide that lower class workers can now be harvested for forced organ donations?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Sucks to be a woman stuck in a shithole Red State.
    Sucks to be living in the USA, between that and all the guns running around.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Sucks to be living in the USA, between that and all the guns running around.
    Actually, it's pretty sweet being in a state that's friendly to both bodily autonomy and guns. But this isn't Le Gun Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61928898

Aaand it happened. Going full speed back to the middle ages.
    Clarence Thomas is already saying that contraception, same sex relationships, and same sex marriage should be reconsidered.

https://twitter.com/fordm/status/1540338064324698112

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The funniest part is where they say the decision has been returned to the people... where it was, but is no longer.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Clarence Thomas is already saying that contraception, same sex relationships, and same sex marriage should be reconsidered.

Should put interracial relationships in there as well- oh wait it personally affects him, of course he wouldn't, the fuckin' hypocrite.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nevermind, the funniest part is Thomas going after every other precedent set by Roe in his concurring opinion except for Loving which would affect his own marriage. Craven asshole.

buying stock in hangers and alleys as we speak

10+ Year Old Account
    So how do I become a Commander?

Being an econo-person doesn't sound like fun in the coming new order.

Or maybe I could be like, an Eye, like Nicholas . . . that could be fun too. But Commanders get a big house and a Wife and a handmaid . . . hmm . . .

Also, fuck SCOTUS.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    The funniest part is where they say the decision has been returned to the people... where it was, but is no longer.
    Reminder that the GOP doesn't consider women and minorities people, so when they say "Return to the people to decide" they mean the white male conservatives in charge of government.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Reminder that the GOP doesn't consider women and minorities people, so when they say "Return to the people to decide" they mean the white male conservatives in charge of government.
    The issue is by people, they don't mean the individual. They mean the collective, but by saying people it is more "palatable" to the masses because it is up to the people, so it is perfectly fine. People don't remember how it was years ago. Not that it is much better now.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Screw the fence sitters, the pretend "moderates", the non-voters, the fake "woke" individuals, and hypocritical "Christians" who all thought it was cute to make this day happen.

And screw people like Susan Collins who was too stupid (because at this point, she is) and evil (also true) to think we should have believed their nonsense justifications to vote for these awful justices. And screw all of the people who think they have the right to dictate how a woman should make a decision with her own body. Anyone saying this is the greatest country in the world is a fool - nothing more. And I'm not sorry.

Someone yesterday said that we need to stop trying to vote blue and I agree, at this point, it's simply vote Democracy. That's the single issue we need to vote for. Democracy or bust. It's beyond Democrats vs. Republicans now.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

so, are the churchs start to burning?
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

I'm not saying I want things set on fire over this, but if it just so happened, I wouldn't feign outrage.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post

Curiously, though based off some of the same theories, he leaves out Loving.

You know, the one that's actually directly applicable to him because he is in an interracial marriage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    The issue is by people, they don't mean the individual. They mean the collective, but by saying people it is more "palatable" to the masses because it is up to the people, so it is perfectly fine. People don't remember how it was years ago. Not that it is much better now.
    Actually they mean “state legislators.”

They’re not making this some nationwide ballot measure, because if they did the right to choose would be codified into law.

But letting heavily gerrymandered state legislators decide? It means that they get what they want; the red-controlled states automatically pass abortion restrictions without anyone having input.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Good, what's right has come to pass. Outside of the exception to rape (within reasonable time) and the life of the mother being a jeopardy, every baby has the right to live. And this is from someone who's agnostic and for the separation of church and state.

Murder is murder. What's the difference between a baby who crossed the line on a gestation threshold to not allow abortion and one who's a day behind? The entire thing is twisted.

Just practice safe sex people, ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Susan Collins is deeply concerned, apparently.
    Manchin said something similar.