Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Literally not, but the Bernie-stans are currently seeming to continue their horseshoe bend towards "we're the real victims here!" on a day when millions of women across America lost their bodily autonomy.
    this is just projection on your part. you are the one's that want to pin this on the 2016 lose. I'm over here, saying we need direct political action but YOU are the ones telling me I can only go and vote. you are the ones that insist on operating on this self defeating principal. and then get mad at the people who think this strategy is going nowhere, because it's too raaaaadical.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-06-24 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MuH sTaTe LiNeS View Post
    Well it's nice to see that thousands of children wont be killed every year in some states now. Thank you McConnell, Trump, and SCOTUS.
    Well great except the part about no children being killed because they are not children yet. But hey, don't let that fact sway you.

I guess we should give women the option to take the "children" out of their bodies and let them grow and live on their own say at 4-6-8-12-14-20+ weeks. They are living beings according to the SCOTUS so they should be able to live on their own right?

Where in the constitution does it say a woman has to give her body for another living being to survive?

Are we going to start implanting babies into women to turn them into living incubators even if they don't want to be one? That is basically what overturning the law has done.

So where are all these republicans and pro-lifers lining up to support having these "children" implanted into their wombs?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by MuH sTaTe LiNeS View Post
    Well it's nice to see that thousands of children wont be killed every year in some states now. Thank you McConnell, Trump, and SCOTUS.
    You going to help feed them, clothed them, educated them? I doubt it.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    the fuck is that supposed to mean?
    i'm not stupid enough to blindly think that everything going on right now in the US is the result of one election 6 years ago, so that means i have a joker fantasy?

the state of US cultural and of politics is the direct result of what came before it, i can't help it if you (or anyone else) is too stupid or ignorant of history to see the broader context here.

the founding of the US was dog shit (politically and socially), and it was founded with stupid and ill conceived principles that were badly written by a bunch of witless self important backwater shit-for-brains, and the expectation that a country that psychotically tries to adopt an attitude of stridently adhering to that foundation wouldn't wind up in the state the US is in now is simply short sighted.

essential and meaningful reform is required on the local, state, and federal level to ever enact any real change.
    right now the US is like a bowling lane... sometimes the bowler is better or worse.
    (in this metaphor, 'the pins gets knocked down' is the majority of the serf class live a life of barely-above-poverty drudgery, their existence of toil broken up only by a few hours each day of something shiny to distract them, while a tiny minority of feudal lords reap every benefit of society at large at the expense of everyone else)

if your goal is to change the game that's being played so that pins are no longer being knocked down, the solution is not to just shrug and go "well sometimes there's a gutter" and hope that the next bowler isn't very good.
    the solution is not to nod along while the bowling alley puts in bumpers to ensure that every pin is knocked down every time, and go 'well i'm sure in 4 years they'll take the bumpers off and then sometimes we'll get gutter balls"

the end result of playing bowling is always the same: the pins get knocked down.

the idea is to start playing a different game.
    or, alternately, the idea is to go "ok well you know what? bowling is the only thing that's ever going to happen here, but i will not participate in this and throw the ball just to get to be one of the ones who knocks down the pins. i'll be over in the arcade having some shitty pizza" and just NOPE of the entire system.
    Priority, proportionality in elections and democracy's you don't always get what you want, whether you liked Hillary or not, I was originally a Bernie Supporter, but when he didn't get the nomination I got behind Hillary whether I liked her or not.

All the protest voting did was helped Trump all the in fighting and attacking the DNC did was help Trump.

If you really wanted change, then you vote for the nominee and then if Hillary had any problems you work with those with you to push her where we all want to go TOGETHER.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had Roe been codified in 2008, Clinton would have won. It would have made what you were voting for a lot less abstract for a lot of people. Maybe it will be clear enough now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Children aren't being killed. Unless we're talking about inside schools, in which case yes, they're being killed.
    ...Wow.... Congratulations!!! That just became my new favorite post :O :O :O :O
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is my question..... will this be enough?

we've seen everything that happened during trump's 4 years of being president..... we've seen all the lasting damage it has done to our country. Now we are seeing directly the effects it is going to have on on country for years to come.

Will this be enough to change the minds of the next generations of voters? Is this enough to finally have the voters and our representatives do better?

Time will tell I guess.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    psssst - being an internet edgelord went out of style like 10 years ago.
    Luckily I adapted to being an Edgelord in real-life as well I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    So should we send ships where women can have an abortion in international waters to the US like we did with other backwards countries?
    Nope States like Texas have made that illegal, so all it takes is for informants to prove a woman had an abortion anywhere out of Texas and she will be arrested and charged with murder.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    You stretch these things to make them seem ridiculous, but part of running for political office is portraying a desirable image, visiting people to at least make it seem like you give a shit about them, kissing babies, and just generally pandering the shit out of everyone you can. This is part of the game, you can't avoid it, at least not if you want to win. And you can moan and be unhappy about it all you want but people are still people and these are the things that matter to more than enough people to make a difference. Complaining about it is not going to make it stop being a thing.

So, instead, hold accountable the politician who refused to do those things despite how important they felt it was for them to win. Clinton hobbled herself out of hubris, you can't blame people for recognizing that hubris and rejecting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, yeah, forgot this. The "Blame Bernie" crowd. It was all Bernie Sanders fault that Clinton lost, had nothing to do with her at all.
    nah, I'm going to hold the actively stupid voters accountable. Especially those that bought into the stupid Clinton conspiracies. I know what it slike to be ingored as an electoral base, I still do my duty.

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    Oh, yeah, forgot this. The "Blame Bernie" crowd. It was all Bernie Sanders fault that Clinton lost, had nothing to do with her at all.
    Not what any of us are actually saying. Y'all are cosplaying the Republican victim-mentality fantastically, and I really wish you wouldn't continue showing that the horseshoe is a very real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    this is just projection on your part. you are the ones that want to pin this on the 2016 lose.
    This ruling? Absolutely. This ruling is the consequence of the 2016 election, and we knew this was a serious risk heading into the election. Which is why a great many of us put our personal feelings about the Democratic candidate aside and voted for the "less bad" of the two options who wasn't going to cause immeasurable harm during, and after her administration.

Though Bernie-stans shoulder a minority of the blame. It's 99% on Republicans, we're just point out that Bernie-stans who refused to vote for Hillary because she hurt their fee fees are a part of that problem.

and republicans are looking forward to historic gains in november theyll have both the house and senate, federal ban will most certainly be on the agenda. hard to believe this whole trump movement started because people were mad at feminist games journalist or whatever i forgot by now, but it seems so trivial after the havoc their prefered political candidates like trump have brought on society

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Luckily I adapted to being an Edgelord in real-life as well I guess.
    Admitting you're an angry incel isn't the flex you think it is.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You going to help feed them, clothed them, educated them? I doubt it.
    Tbf if your stance is "if you can't feed/cloth/educate them, we might as well just kill them" that's pretty bad all on it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Admitting you're an angry incel isn't the flex you think it is.
    Who's angry here lmao?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Nope States like Texas have made that illegal, so all it takes is for informants to prove a woman had an abortion anywhere out of Texas and she will be arrested and charged with murder.
    Which is a violation of the Constitution in more ways than one, but I guess they'll justify it by the fugitive slave laws.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

????????
    I wonder how politics work in countries where people don't feel like the person they are voting for has to have passed within 20 miles of them at some point, to be worthy of consideration.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

7+ Year Old Account
    Tbf if your stance is "if you can't feed/cloth/educate them, we might as well just kill them" that's pretty bad all on it's own.
    Why is it bad when if they can't get the support they need, they aren't living a decent life anyway.
    I would not want to be alive if my parents didn't want me.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, without being fed / clothed / educated, they'll likely die anyway. Just...outside the womb. Or end up in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Only through the mail system. They can still outlaw the drug within their state so if someone is caught with it, they can charge them
    And you can best believe every drug dealer in that state will start selling it and bringing it from other states and they will have stores opening up on their states borders selling it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

this is just projection on your part. you are the one's that want to pin this on the 2016 lose.
    Um, that's exactly where the fault for this lies.

I don't know when people are going to get it through their heads that presidential elections have enormous consequences. That it's NOT the time to play stupid games with "sending a message" or other nonsense.