The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    The annual adoption rate is roughly equal to the number of children that are actually possible to adopt. Infants are in high demand for adoption and most of the children that are "stuck" in the system are fosters.

As someone who's grandfather grew up in an orphanage who went on to have a large and loving family I'd say I'm pretty certain he was happy to have the opportunity to live.
    Nothing you've said here about adoption is even remotely accurate. Stop lying to make your unfounded point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    So political violence then?
    The US was founded on political violence.

When you have no avenues left, then it becomes a necessity.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    The fuck it is. There are MILLIONS of kids in the foster and adoption systems. Only about 135k children are adopted a year. And it takes on average 4 years just to get a fucking adoption, so stop fucking LYING.
    Also, I would like to note that this 135k includes adoptions from outside the US to US parents.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    The US was founded on political violence.

When you have no avenues left, then it becomes a necessity.
    As the saying goes, “The 4 boxes of change are Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Ammo Box”

And they seem to have been working to nullify the Soap Box and Jury Box while heavily rigging the ballot box, hopefully they don’t force the box of last resort.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    So any bets the first amendment will be discussed next? I mean, what's an anti-abortion law worth if your religion can just circumvent it, amiright?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean...to what end? What do most of the protests, in mostly blue cities in blue states, matter? Cool, SF and NYC are big into bodily autonomy and womens rights! Which aren't at risk in either CA or NY, so it's just a bunch of people feeling good about themselves going to a protest.

I'm kinda over the whole protesting thing, at least the whole peaceful protest thing. It doesn't seem to fuckin work.
    Exactly. Peaceful protesting isn't working. Sad to say, but it's getting more and more likely violence will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    So political violence then?
    No, that's your choice to read it that way. I'm just over protesting. Peaceful protesting doesn't work, so it's not worth wasting time on.

Josh Hawley is hoping that left leaning people will leave red states, making red states redder and purple states red as well so Republicans can increase their power in the electoral college. He's also hoping this can lead to the GOP becoming even more populist.

He said the political realignment would mean that social conservatives would no longer have to work with fiscal conservatives in politics, resulting in a more populist, conservative Republican Party — which is also the lane of the Republican Party he currently occupies.
    Josh Hawley says abortion ruling will push people to move states, strengthening the GOP
    Last edited by Smitzelplix; 2022-06-25 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Josh Hawley is hoping that left leaning people will leave red states, making red states redder and purple states red as well so Republicans can increase their power in the electoral college. He's also hoping this can lead to the GOP becoming even more populist.

Josh Hawley says abortion ruling will push people to move states, strengthening the GOP
    The humor of that is it would gut the GOP come next redistricting unless they tried to freeze representation at that point or just know they are out the door anyways.

But would also gut those states economically in the process.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    The humor of that is it would gut the GOP come next redistricting unless they tried to freeze representation at that point or just know they are out the door anyways.

But would also gut those states economically in the process.
    I'm thinking he believes that the amount of left leaning people leaving red states will be matched by a similar amount of right leaning people leaving blue states.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    I'm thinking he believes that the amount of left leaning people leaving red states will be matched by a similar amount of right leaning people leaving blue states.
    Which would still lead to all the more intelligent jobs leaving those areas decimating them economically along with that shift being enough to completely undo the gerrymandering in many of those states which would still destroy them in congress and the presidency.

I suppose all this makes sense. If you refuse to allow common sense gun laws, you'll need to replenish all the dead school children somehow. I guess it also makes sense that now Republicans will start pushing for more social aid for all the poor families that now have expensive unwanted children, right?

...right?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So any bets the first amendment will be discussed next? I mean, what's an anti-abortion law worth if your religion can just circumvent it, amiright?
    A few Jewish groups are teeing up to contest anti abortion laws because their religious allows/requires them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    I suppose all this makes sense. If you refuse to allow common sense gun laws, you'll need to replenish all the dead school children somehow. I guess it also makes sense that now Republicans will start pushing for more social aid for all the poor families that now have expensive unwanted children, right?

...right?
    And this is just the beginning. Remember, the GQP doesn't have the Executive nor the Legislative. They might get both by 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    A few Jewish groups are teeing up to contest anti abortion laws because their religious allows/requires them.
    Queue all the antisemitics…..

So, what can conservatives actually celebrate about someone not being able to have an abortion? It's not like any of them are going to adopt these kids...??
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    So, what can conservatives actually celebrate about someone not being able to have an abortion? It's not like any of them are going to adopt these kids...??
    They "owned the libs". Which is all they care about. Inflicting as much anguish on people as they can.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    No, it isn't "their problem."
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    They "owned the libs". Which is all they care about. Inflicting as much anguish on people as they can.
    Which is why I hope there is some kind of afterlife so they can face consequences for their actions instead of just shitting the bed and smiling about it as they smile into oblivion.

Want them to pass over to be judged, told they were wrong and forced to see why and then hold to account for it before they are allowed to move on even if they are good people and ultimately go to something better it won’t be before they are forced to own up and be held to account.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    No, it isn't "their problem."
    Remember having to point out something to someone once where their response was “Not my problem” and responded with that while it wasn’t their problem, it was their fault on something and if they were as religious as they claimed they had a moral obligation to address it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    It's always been stupid -- for both sides actually to have this sports-like-urge to get back at eachother. I'm neither democratic or republican. Politics now is treated like a game of NFL when it's literally irl hunger games at this point. It's pretty sad how we're marking things as red or blue as human rights. And as a person, I actually do plan to adopt one child in the future.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    It's always been stupid -- for both sides actually to have this sports-like-urge to get back at eachother. I'm neither democratic or republican. Politics now is treated like a game of NFL when it's literally irl hunger games at this point. It's pretty sad how we're marking things as red or blue as human rights. And as a person, I actually do plan to adopt one child in the future.
    Mmhmm, which constitutional rights to bodily autonomy have democrats eroded to "own the repubs" lately?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.