1. #2561
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Slave labor, basically. They want an easily manipulated and impoverished workforce to fight their wars and sustain the lifestyles enjoyed by the economic elite.
    Weird you've just described the left's reason for supporting illegal immigration.

  2. #2562
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Good, what's right has come to pass. Outside of the exception to rape (within reasonable time) and the life of the mother being a jeopardy, every baby has the right to live. And this is from someone who's agnostic and for the separation of church and state.

    Murder is murder. What's the difference between a baby who crossed the line on a gestation threshold to not allow abortion and one who's a day behind? The entire thing is twisted.

    Just practice safe sex people, ffs.
    It isn't murder. Contraceptives fail. And you have no right to tell a woman what they can and cant do with their body. Get a fucking vasectomy.

    If you cared about murder, you would start by getting rid of guns.

  3. #2563
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Weird you've just described the left's reason for supporting illegal immigration.
    Weird, you've just described a fantasy that doesn't exist.

    One day y'all will join us in reality where the reals come before the feels. One day.

  4. #2564
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    There isn't a state in the country that has both.
    Alaska comes to mind.
    Fairy tales are more than true–not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

  5. #2565
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Well then adoption, and if you practice actuall safe sex it's practically 100%

    Condoms, spermicide, pulling out, birth control, and of the condom breaks, plan b.

    NO EXCUSES.
    You do realize that Republicans are going after birth control next, right?

  6. #2566
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Weird you've just described the left's reason for supporting illegal immigration.
    I mean I suppose that's the left's point of view from an idiot's perspective or Sean Hannity's. Sorry redundant.

    In reality land where intelligent people know the 2020 election wasn't stolen and Trump and Republicans lied to whip conservatives into a frenzy to milk them for money that's definitely not the case.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2022-06-24 at 10:24 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

  7. #2567
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Weird you've just described the left's reason for supporting illegal immigration.
    No they didn't.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Alaska comes to mind.
    Not for long. I can guarantee it.

  8. #2568
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    You do realize that Republicans are going after birth control next, right?
    "I disagree with this but also don't really care because it doesn't impact me and I still got what I cared about." seems to be the standard, "I'm trying to pretend I'm a decent person." response from most folks celebrating this.

  9. #2569
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    ID
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Which is the opposite of what needs to happen. People need to move to red states and elect Dems.
    We needed to expand the House when we had the chance, rather than balance our entire nation on the edge of a razor every 2 years.

  10. #2570
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "I disagree with this but also don't really care because it doesn't impact me and I still got what I cared about." seems to be the standard, "I'm trying to pretend I'm a decent person." response from most folks celebrating this.
    They think it won't effect them, until they are paying more taxes, paying for child support, and everything else.

  11. #2571
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Weird you've just described the left's reason for supporting illegal immigration.
    The US Left isn't as described in other countries.

  12. #2572
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Attitudes have changed drastically even in that short of time. That's what makes the topic of LGB rights so much different than others.

    You do realize my point is those issues were what caused it to require a ruling in the first place? And those issues will just remain unresolved without some ruling? This needs to be settled in a constitutional manner and no one has pointed out a way it could be without some pretty major consequences that aren't likely acceptable to the SCOTUS.
    And opinions on abortion drastically changed since Roe was passed, that didn't stop them.

    It was because they weren't recognizing full faith and credit and that gay couples were denied the same rights as straight couples, which if they want to revisit and overturn would mean? Come on, put it together. The ruling was already on the grounds of full faith and credit, so if they think there is a problem with it or it could be overturned?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  13. #2573
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Slave labor, basically. They want an easily manipulated and impoverished workforce to fight their wars and sustain the lifestyles enjoyed by the economic elite.
    Lol wut? Its almost as if society didnt prosper or know how to handle pregnancy's pre roe. And by Pre Roe i mean through out human history. People have been bringing babies to term for 1000's of years. I think in our advanced society we wouldnt be such babies about it and learn to just live with the fact that humans are born and someone needs to take care of them.

  14. #2574
    I wrote to my House Representative speaking about Pelosi and that stupid poem.

    Under the drop down menu of topics to discuss I chose; Senior Citizen for Pelosi.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

    -Isaac Asimov

  15. #2575
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    ID
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Lol wut? Its almost as if society didnt prosper or know how to handle pregnancy's pre roe. And by Pre Roe i mean through out human history. People have been bringing babies to term for 1000's of years. I think in our advanced society we wouldnt be such babies about it and learn to just live with the fact that humans are born and someone needs to take care of them.
    They've also been getting abortions for thousands of years, what's your point? This is only a recent issue for American Christians even.

  16. #2576
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Not for long. I can guarantee it.
    Montana too. They’re pretty gun-loving over there, right? And according to that link someone posted — Legal: abortions are legal until viability. The state Supreme Court has recognized a right to abortion under the state Constitution.
    Fairy tales are more than true–not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

  17. #2577
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    They think it won't effect them, until they are paying more taxes, paying for child support, and everything else.
    No, they won't. Because they largely live in red states that don't give a shit if poor children suffer and won't want to tax folks to make sure that poor kids don't suffer.

    Because it's not about the sanctity of life, it's never been about the sanctity of life from the same crowd that supports the death penalty. If it was they'd be fighting like hell for better pre/post-natal care and support for poor kids. But they don't, because it's never been about life or children. It's about their own selfish desires and controlling women, no matter what they say.

  18. #2578
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Lol wut? Its almost as if society didnt prosper or know how to handle pregnancy's pre roe. And by Pre Roe i mean through out human history. People have been bringing babies to term for 1000's of years. I think in our advanced society we wouldnt be such babies about it and learn to just live with the fact that humans are born and someone needs to take care of them.
    ?????

    then what the the fuck are day after pills and condoms?

  19. #2579
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    33,624
    And for those of you that are "all for" this ruling, and therefore clearly haven't READ the opinion, you're in for a real fucking treat. Thomas' concurring opinion said that the Supreme Court “should reconsider” its past rulings codifying rights to contraception access, same-sex relationships and same-sex marriage.

    So enjoy your "win" - that you're too narrow minded to understand is a categorical LOSS for the United States.

    Under His Eye

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    You do realize that Republicans are going after birth control next, right?
    (and @Varx)

    SCOTUS and the GQP is going after all of it. Gay Marriage, Gay Relationships, Birth Control - all Under His Eye now.

  20. #2580
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    ID
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And for those of you that are "all for" this ruling, and therefore clearly haven't READ the opinion, you're in for a real fucking treat. Thomas' concurring opinion said that the Supreme Court “should reconsider” its past rulings codifying rights to contraception access, same-sex relationships and same-sex marriage.

    So enjoy your "win" - that you're too narrow minded to understand is a categorical LOSS for the United States.

    Under His Eye
    I saw a chilling post about how much more advanced our warrantless surveillance and militarized police are these days since abortions and homosexuality were made legal. Party of small government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •