10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    wtf? Im pro abortion. Why ban it?
    The rest of your posts in here suggests quite the opposite.

Maybe you should work on that if you're genuinely that confused about what you're trying to say.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Nice non-answer, lol.
    No its not. You see dad is a drug dealer than is never home and doesnt give a shit about you but is making heaps of money.

Drug dealing is gonna look inviting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    The rest of your posts in here suggests quite the opposite.

Maybe you should work on that if you're genuinely that confused about what you're trying to say.
    Im not confused I made the mistake of pointing out science that fetuses grow into babies and so now I have to defend my position as if im screaming from the rooftops that woman should be locked up and we start a period registration so we can even further control womans bodies!!
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

10+ Year Old Account
    No its not. You see dad is a drug dealer than is never home and doesnt give a shit about you but is making heaps of money.

Drug dealing is gonna look inviting.
    That's nice. Still a function of poverty, tho.

It's also not relevant to discussions of abortion since, again, that is a matter of bodily autonomy and not child-rearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not confused I made the mistake of pointing out science that fetuses grow into babies
    Let's go back a step.

Why do you think that matters, like, at all? In any way whatsoever to the question of abortion rights?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Let's go back a step.

Why do you think that matters, like, at all? In any way whatsoever to the question of abortion rights?
    I think its more humane to end a human life that doesnt even know its exists, than to force people into having kids they dont want and they are put out into the world and left to fend for themselves because A) the family that birthed them didnt want them and B) The foster care system in the united states is the stuff of nightmares where not even famous victims like the house of horrors kids got a happy ever after and were subject to more abuse after the nightmare they suffered under their parents.

Fetuses still grow into babies though so lets not pretend they dont and save us all the time so you can focus on the real issue as to why america is going back 50 years

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its more humane to end a human life that doesnt even know its exists, than to force people into having kids they dont want and they are put out into the world and left to fend for themselves because A) the family that birthed them didnt want them and B) The foster care system in the united states is the stuff of nightmares where not even famous victims like the house of horrors kids got a happy ever after and were subject to more abuse after the nightmare they lived.
    Let's scratch all that nonsense, because literally nothing in that had anything at all to do with abortion rights.

Why do you think "fetuses turn into babies" is at all relevant to abortion rights?

7+ Year Old Account
    I tried.

/10words

I tried.

/10words
    Not really

/10 words

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetanothernewbie View Post
    Not really

/10 words
    I would like to add to my closing statements that this policy change is bad for a lot of reasons but main one being this is gonna directly result in more people being born and draining already limited resources. And its pretty obvious to see where this will end with increased crime/poverty/mental illness will further increase the gerrymandering problem because people will move states to their "team" and or at least people will just drive states to do it in an already shitty situation for them so pretty disappointing all around.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2022-06-26 at 04:11 AM.

No I just dont buy into the thinking abortion isnt killing a life form. It is. And its a necessary evil.

Anyone saying it isnt it just being dishonest for their team.
    Evil is subjective, lets check what the bible has to say about abortion.
    Exodus 21:22-25 (fetuses are property, not people)
    Numbers 5:11-31 (abortion juice for infidelity)
    Deuteronomy 28:18,53 (God killing the unborn with curses)
    Jeremiah 44:7-8 (God condemning every man woman and child, born or not, to death when involved in idol worship)
    Hosea 9:10-16 (more God killing unborn with death curses)
    Hosea 13:16 (straight up red wedding on a mass scale)

Matthew 24:19 (straight to the end times, read Matthew 24 yourself)

And that's not even mentioning all the plagues and disasters God has brought down onto mankind (both directly and indirectly). Not much sympathy for the babies and unborn, heck they were directly targeted sometimes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    Evil is subjective, lets check what the bible has to say about abortion.
    Exodus 21:22-25 (fetuses are property, not people)
    Numbers 5:11-31 (abortion juice for infidelity)
    Deuteronomy 28:18,53 (God killing the unborn with curses)
    Jeremiah 44:7-8 (God condemning every man woman and child, born or not, to death when involved in idol worship)
    Hosea 9:10-16 (more God killing unborn with death curses)
    Hosea 13:16 (straight up red wedding on a mass scale)

Matthew 24:19 (straight to the end times, read Matthew 24 yourself)

And that's not even mentioning all the plagues and disasters God has brought down onto mankind (both directly and indirectly). Not much sympathy for the babies and unborn, heck they were directly targeted sometimes.
    I'm coming at it from the angle of late stage abortion isnt pretty. And the things some people have done to try abort without professional help...it can get unethical real quick. Thats why they should get all the professional help they need and help with deciding early so it doesnt get to such an traumatic stage instead of making it more difficult or even flat out illegal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm coming at it from the angle of late stage abortion isnt pretty. And the things some people have done to try abort without professional help...it can get unethical real quick. Thats why they should get all the professional help they need and help with deciding early so it doesnt get to such an traumatic stage instead of making it more difficult or even flat out illegal.
    I am against abortion, but I’m against making it illegal.

However I agree with everything you’ve said. Minus your tone policing.

I hate when people do that. Women have every right to feel violated because they in efforts have become 2nd class citizens.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

If that's true, it makes sense. As far as I know, the military has issues with recruitment, and the potential of being stationed in a place where you or your family are denied basic medical care would be a deterrent...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    How many people do you know that have gotten a late stage abortion on a whim? The idea that there's any significant amount of women who wait until 8 months then wake up one morning, decide 'nah', and have an abortion before lunch is an absurd boogeyman that does not in any way reflect the real world.

Edit 1:

To put the matter in perspective, Canada (a country where abortion is legal at any time for any reason) has a LOWER abortion rate than the US does. We can look at various countries in the world and their laws and see plainly that having low to no restrictions on abortions does not in any way relate to a higher rate of incidence. The reason behind this is pretty simple, the people who truly want an abortion do everything in their power to obtain one (including some grossly unethical and gruesome stuff, as anyone familiar with the topic is sadly aware of), and the people who do NOT want an abortion are not going to get one 'just because they can'.

For most people, a pregnancy is a pretty significant thing. It's long, it's exhausting, it requires you changing your life, and it causes permanent changes to your body. There are a LOT of people who think it is worth this all, and some people who actually enjoy the process. That's wonderful for them! But for someone who does not want it, it's a living body horror hell. Especially when the circumstances of conception is due to traumatic violent assault.

Edit 2:

This is why you have people like Endus saying that the cruelty is the point. Because if you actually look at the problem in any detail, it becomes clear that there ARE ways to reduce the frequency of abortion, and most of them involve reducing the barriers to having and raising a child. Someone who truly, legitimately, wanted to reduce abortion rates could do so through initiatives that made people's lives better. Instead we have people pushing for the specific solution that involves hurting women, even though research shows it doesn't even work.
    Last edited by Lynarii; 2022-06-26 at 10:30 AM.

Just in case you think things can't get any worse, the Supreme Court will soon have a ruling on the EPA's powers to regulate climate change.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Just in case you think things can't get any worse, the Supreme Court will soon have a ruling on the EPA's powers to regulate climate change.
    Eh, its been effectively that way for a while. That's not going to make things that much worse.

It isn't good, but there are a lot of things that would be worse.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Eh, its been effectively that way for a while. That's not going to make things that much worse. It isn't good, but there are a lot of things that would be worse.
    Thanks for the jinx.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    How many people do you know that have gotten a late stage abortion on a whim? The idea that there's any significant amount of women who wait until 8 months then wake up one morning, decide 'nah', and have an abortion before lunch is an absurd boogeyman that does not in any way reflect the real world.

Edit 1:

To put the matter in perspective, Canada (a country where abortion is legal at any time for any reason) has a LOWER abortion rate than the US does. We can look at various countries in the world and their laws and see plainly that having low to no restrictions on abortions does not in any way relate to a higher rate of incidence. The reason behind this is pretty simple, the people who truly want an abortion do everything in their power to obtain one (including some grossly unethical and gruesome stuff, as anyone familiar with the topic is sadly aware of), and the people who do NOT want an abortion are not going to get one 'just because they can'.

For most people, a pregnancy is a pretty significant thing. It's long, it's exhausting, it requires you changing your life, and it causes permanent changes to your body. There are a LOT of people who think it is worth this all, and some people who actually enjoy the process. That's wonderful for them! But for someone who does not want it, it's a living body horror hell. Especially when the circumstances of conception is due to traumatic violent assault.

Edit 2:

This is why you have people like Endus saying that the cruelty is the point. Because if you actually look at the problem in any detail, it becomes clear that there ARE ways to reduce the frequency of abortion, and most of them involve reducing the barriers to having and raising a child. Someone who truly, legitimately, wanted to reduce abortion rates could do so through initiatives that made people's lives better. Instead we have people pushing for the specific solution that involves hurting women, even though research shows it doesn't even work.
    The fact that people on the right keep bringing up late term abortions like some boogie man is, frankly, sad. The extremely vast majority of people, who are pregnant, by the time the fetus is viable, especially late term pregnancy, has already made the decision to keep said fetus until it is born. Funny in a not so funny way is they use the argument that one late term abortion that isn't done for emergency purposes is one too many but have no issue sending someone to death row, have no issue sending people to war, have no issue with children dying to gun violence.

If the far right had any consistent logic(and we all know they do not), the first school shooting would have ended up with guns being either heavily regulated or outright banned, like they do with abortion.

If the far right had any consistent logic(and we all know they do not), they would never send anyone to war outside of extreme circumstances like what happened during WW2.

If the far right had any consistent logic(and we all know they do not), they would abolish the death penalty outside of very specific and extremely violent crimes where the person cannot be rehabilitated. Crimes such as serial child rapists, people who submit others to extreme amounts of torture for their own pleasure and other massive violent crimes against humanity.

Endus pointed it out. It is all about cruelty against others they feel are lesser then themselves and they feel they don't deserve the same rights(or any rights at all).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Thanks for the jinx.
    When it comes to the EPA, IRS or any of those types of agencies, they have been under attack from the conservative side since their inception because those agencies hold businesses accountable for their actions.

Ironic part is the EPA was started by Republicans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    That aside, I'm referring to your weird belief that 'lacking a father figure' dooms a kid - which is an implicit condemnation of lesbian parents.
    It also is implying an abusive father is better for a child than no father. Which is pants- on- head levels of stupid

- - - Updated - - -

yeah because couples forking out eye watering amounts of money for IVF and waiting lists/approvals are gonna wanna abort.....
    it happens.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

It's something. But it doesn't mean much if people can't obtain safe abortions in the first place because providers have packed up and left.