1. #3441
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Nah, the republicans in office have made damn sure over the passed few years that unity is never going to happen. And decisions to erode people's personal rights solidify that.

    Next step. War.
    How would a war fix a lack of unity? That's usually called subjugation. Terribly inappropriate solution if you ask me.

    Who would fight who? For what? Until when?

    Dialogue is my wager. Communication.
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

    End of quote. Repeat the line.

  2. #3442
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I refrain from dividing the country into geo-political spheres. It hurts the nation more than some realise. I'd wager everyone would be happier in the United States, rather than the State of X Y or Z.

    There's always room for compromise on some issues and this is where I believe the political spheres should be focusing on. There is time to iron-out the specifics as long as there is good will on both sides.

    As Henry Ford once said:

    "Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success."
    Just need the Christian types to stop forcing their belief system on everyone else and we would be golden, keep it private and personal etc.

  3. #3443
    Immortal unfilteredJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Seagrove Beach, FL
    Posts
    7,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Known for telling you to stop feeding the pigeons, definitely known for that.
    Yeah, derailing threads with moderation discussion. That’s correct.
    Blessed are the fornicates, may we bend down to be their whores. Blessed are the rich, may our labor deliver them more.
    Blessed are the envious; bless the slothful, the wrathful, the vain. Blessed are the gluttonous, may they feast us to famine and war.
    What of the pious, the pure of heart, the peaceful, the meek, the mourning, and the merciful? All doomed, all doomed

  4. #3444
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    18,483
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    How would a war fix a lack of unity? That's usually called subjugation. Terribly inappropriate solution if you ask me.

    Who would fight who? For what? Until when?

    Dialogue is my wager. Communication.
    War is certainly about subjugation. The goal would be to rid our country of regressive fools who want to hold back progress.

    Voting isn't working. Talking isn't working. Protest isn't working. Eventually, enough will be enough, and it will result in dire action. There are plenty of conservatives in this country that would froth at the mouth if given the green light to head hunt liberals to rid the land of their ideals. And year after year, i'm seeing more and more liberals licensing up for their own guns in anticipation. There will come a time where things get ugly.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  5. #3445
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    How would a war fix a lack of unity? That's usually called subjugation. Terribly inappropriate solution if you ask me.

    Who would fight who? For what? Until when?

    Dialogue is my wager. Communication.
    This all stems from the fact that the South was not punished hard enough after the civil war. Their leaders should've hanged, and the families of those who fought should've had their voting rights stripped for a generation or two.

    Clearly as evidenced during that time the immaculate system the founders created did not come up with a solution for Slavery.

    It's pretty clear that a sizable chunk of this country wants to shove it's religious beliefs down everyone's throat.

    Christian Nationalism is on the rise and the US will soon have a lot of laws based on Christianity. It's pretty clear to see that's how the reps of the US South want this to turn out.

  6. #3446
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    War is certainly about subjugation. The goal would be to rid our country of regressive fools who want to hold back progress.

    Voting isn't working. Talking isn't working. Protest isn't working. Eventually, enough will be enough, and it will result in dire action. There are plenty of conservatives in this country that would froth at the mouth if given the green light to head hunt liberals to rid the land of their ideals. And year after year, i'm seeing more and more liberals licensing up for their own guns in anticipation. There will come a time where things get ugly.
    That sounds incredibly dangerous. How would such a war be fought in 2022+ within the country with the biggest military might? How would our geo political rivals respond to such an event? The damages would be immeasurable.

    Dialogue within a democracy is always the strongest weapon.
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

    End of quote. Repeat the line.

  7. #3447
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Yeah, derailing threads with moderation discussion. That’s correct.
    No, you derailing it with your stuff intentionally helping trolls out.

    Asking you to stop derailing it feeding pigeons, that’s the actual correct answer.

    Can drop this now before you start to derail it again over this.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  8. #3448
    Quote Originally Posted by Miffinat0r View Post
    This all stems from the fact that the South was not punished hard enough after the civil war. Their leaders should've hanged, and the families of those who fought should've had their voting rights stripped for a generation or two.

    Clearly as evidenced during that time the immaculate system the founders created did not come up with a solution for Slavery.

    It's pretty clear that a sizable chunk of this country wants to shove it's religious beliefs down everyone's throat.

    Christian Nationalism is on the rise and the US will soon have a lot of laws based on Christianity. It's pretty clear to see that's how the reps of the US South want this to turn out.
    The separation of powers and the separation of Church and State ensure that religious zeal doesn't get away with such heinous manipulation of the State. It has worked so far. Good men and woman work everyday to ensure this basic principle and it is our civic duty to be a part of this lawful process.
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

    End of quote. Repeat the line.

  9. #3449
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    18,483
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    That sounds incredibly dangerous. How would such a war be fought in 2022+ within the country with the biggest military might? How would our geo political rivals respond to such an event? The damages would be immeasurable.

    Dialogue within a democracy is always the strongest weapon.
    Burn. It. To. The. Ground.

    War is ugly. Cities would be destroyed. Massive casualties will pile up. Our infrastructure and economy would be ruined. This is how empires fall, and they all eventually do.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  10. #3450
    https://www.salon.com/2022/06/28/did...st-pro-choice/

    Just a casual reminder in light of the DHS warning about violence at protests over the weekend.

    There was violence. Almost all of it perpetrated by "pro-life" folks or law enforcement.

  11. #3451
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    18,483
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    The separation of powers and the separation of church and state ensure that religious zeal doesn't get away with such heinous manipulation of the state. It has worked so far.
    "separation of church and state" is a suggestion. It is not actually documented in any legal way other than people have a right to exercise their religious freedom without discrimination from the government. There is nothing on the books that says a law cannot be made in the name of religion, so long as it does not impede on another's, which would have to be fought in court. However since the majority of our higher government are christian, guess which they favor, and which they will fight against.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  12. #3452
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.salon.com/2022/06/28/did...st-pro-choice/

    Just a casual reminder in light of the DHS warning about violence at protests over the weekend.

    There was violence. Almost all of it perpetrated by "pro-life" folks or law enforcement.
    I wish I could hide my lack of surprise, but this is pretty par for the course.

    May a trash can got kicked over somewhere that they could point to, you know, for balance

  13. #3453
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.salon.com/2022/06/28/did...st-pro-choice/

    Just a casual reminder in light of the DHS warning about violence at protests over the weekend.

    There was violence. Almost all of it perpetrated by "pro-life" folks or law enforcement.
    All violence should be admonished regardless of attire. Regardless of protest or celebration, violence on the streets is a blemish upon the nation.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    "separation of church and state" is a suggestion. It is not actually documented in any legal way other than people have a right to exercise their religious freedom without discrimination from the government. There is nothing on the books that says a law cannot be made in the name of religion, so long as it does not impede on another's, which would have to be fought in court. However since the majority of our higher government are christian, guess which they favor, and which they will fight against.
    As long as those leaders keep in line with their Christian values instead of Religious Doctrine. Every human has some kind of bias that follows them. We shouldn't discriminate on religion either.
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

    End of quote. Repeat the line.

  14. #3454
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    The separation of powers and the separation of Church and State ensure that religious zeal doesn't get away with such heinous manipulation of the State. It has worked so far. Good men and woman work everyday to ensure this basic principle and it is our civic duty to be a part of this lawful process.
    You know separation of church and state is not in the constitution.

    It was a letter from I think Adams or Jefferson about the US.

    The US cannot pass laws recognizing a faith per the 1st Amendment. But that doesn't mean you can't write laws that are based around that faith, you just cannot acknowledge a separate religious institution as the official faith of the US.

    But hey conservatives are what now only 8 short of a constitutional convention where they can toss the 13th, 14th, 16th, 17th, and the 19th if they feel spicy. They can amend the first to drop the recognition line then reinstitute religious tests for office like the South used to have.

    Pretty obvious now that Australia, Canada, Ireland, and Germany seem to be the leaders of the West. The US while having a big military is just a backwater, old colony from the UK that's obsessed with religion.

  15. #3455
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    18,483
    Our nation is a blemish on the globe currently.

    Imagine two brothers on a playground crying to their mom

    Jimmy wants to go on the slide
    Kyle doesn't want to go on the slide
    Kyle tells Jimmy that he isn't allowed to.
    Jimmy and Kyle are fighting about this.
    Kyle and Jimmy's mom tell both kids no one is going on the slide.

    Parents on the bench are looking at them like, why doesn't Kyle just not go on the slide, and let Jimmy do what he wants?

    This is basically us right now, and the parents on the bench are other developed first world nations. We look like we have no idea how to manage our people, and we are being laughed at.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  16. #3456
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    73,283
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    All violence should be admonished regardless of attire. Regardless of protest or celebration, violence on the streets is a blemish upon the nation.
    And, like a surgery that leaves a scar, at times a necessary blemish. Because sometimes, nothing else can solve the much more serious problems that violence can, actually, address.

    The only people who claim violence is untenable or doesn't solve anything are those who are so invested in the status quo that said violence threatens their position. It's a lie predicated on self-interest, not an actual philosophical take, and it's ahistorical to boot.

    The Civil Rights movement in the USA would have never gotten to black (legal) equality without the use of violence. Something even Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was able to admit.

    https://timeline.com/by-the-end-of-h...e-4de177a8c87b

    We can hope that the religious extremists seeking to control and subjugate women will realize the error of their ways and stop. We can hope that enough will turn out in the next election cycle to make meaningful changes and reverse course. But, when those hopes fail, violence is the alternative.

    Because the only remain alternative to violence is submission. Which is not acceptable, not to that kind of fascism. That kind of submission of complicity and cowardice, and nothing more.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-06-28 at 06:11 PM.


  17. #3457
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And, like a surgery that leaves a scar, at times a necessary blemish. Because sometimes, nothing else can solve the much more serious problems that violence can, actually, address.

    The only people who claim violence is untenable or doesn't solve anything are those who are so invested in the status quo that said violence threatens their position. It's a lie predicated on self-interest, not an actual philosophical take, and it's ahistorical to boot.

    The Civil Rights movement in the USA would have never gotten to black (legal) equality without the use of violence. Something even Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was able to admit.

    https://timeline.com/by-the-end-of-h...e-4de177a8c87b
    Even though I believe there are better avenues, I'm happy to hear your take on that.

    What are the issues which you believe afflict the US could be resolved through violence right now? What kind of violence? Who would profit from said violence?

    Why do you believe all the other avenues are not worth the time and why did it come to the point where violence is the only way?

    A poster a while back was talking about War. "Burn it all to the ground" he said. Is that a good approach?
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

    End of quote. Repeat the line.

  18. #3458
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    73,283
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Even though I believe there are better avenues, I'm happy to hear your take on that.

    What are the issues which you believe afflict the US could be resolved through violence right now? What kind of violence? Who would profit from said violence?

    Why do you believe all the other avenues are not worth the time and why did it come to the point where violence is the only way?
    Asked and answered. You're trying to bait me.


  19. #3459
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Asked and answered. You're trying to bait me.
    I do not believe you gave me any examples of any kind of issue plaguing the US right now that has exhausted the peaceful ways to get resolved. If it hasn't exhausted those ways, why resort to violence?

    I believe it's a pretty fair question in the spirit of this thread.
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

    End of quote. Repeat the line.

  20. #3460
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    73,283
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I do not believe you gave me any examples of any kind of issue plaguing the US right now that has exhausted the peaceful ways to get resolved. If it hasn't exhausted those ways, why resort to violence?

    I believe it's a pretty fair question in the spirit of this thread.
    It's bad-faith bait, and it's asked and answered, because I was describing a near-future hypothetical, and referencing historical examples. I never claimed there was such an issue this immediate second, so you demanding that of me is a form of bait.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •