10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    The only autonomy that matters, is the mother's. She is the only one that gets a say until that fetus is born. There is a reason the constitution says that no one gets rights until they are born.
    This is why I keep re-using that admittedly disturbing image of sewing a fully-born infant back into a woman.

Because it sure seems super fucking obvious she should be able to say "fuck no, get that out of me". That we're describing a scene from a SAW horror movie or something, rather than a legitimate political view.

And yet, pro-lifers make the exact same argument and think it's reasonable and noble.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is why I keep re-using that admittedly disturbing image of sewing a fully-born infant back into a woman.

Because it sure seems super fucking obvious she should be able to say "fuck no, get that out of me". That we're describing a scene from a SAW horror movie or something, rather than a legitimate political view.

And yet, pro-lifers make the exact same argument and think it's reasonable and noble.
    Yep, it is literally the first part of the 14th amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    All I read out of that is, "this is why liberals think it's okay to murder unborn children and deprive them of a chance at life"

Look man, life ain't perfect, but that don't take away the right of a baby to live and try.
    I know you are banned, but given this quote right here, I have to assume you are religious at which point I have to ask you why you seem to want to defy your own gods will like so many other cosplay christians.

According to the King James bible verse 5:11-31, god actually condones couples trying to end an unwanted pregnancy and even gave steps to force a miscarriage.

So, logically they don't have a soul (IE no consciousness) at that point and even your own god condones it, so, why do you defy both science AND religion on a topic they both agree on?

Infracted for Forbidden Topics.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2022-07-16 at 04:00 AM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I know you are banned, but given this quote right here, I have to assume you are religious at which point I have to ask you why you seem to want to defy your own gods will like so many other cosplay christians.

According to the King James bible verse 5:11-31, god actually condones couples trying to end an unwanted pregnancy and even gave steps to force a miscarriage.

So, logically they don't have a soul (IE no consciousness) at that point and even your own god condones it, so, why do you defy both science AND religion on a topic they both agree on?
    You've gotta stop doing this. Saying 5:11-31 doesn't mean anything. There's a zillion books, and you're only listing chapter and verse. It's like when trump said two corinthians: it makes it incredibly clear you don't know what you're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    You've gotta stop doing this. Saying 5:11-31 doesn't mean anything. There's a zillion books, and you're only listing chapter and verse. It's like when trump said two corinthians: it makes it incredibly clear you don't know what you're talking about.
    Actually, its a legit passage in a legit book they claim to support.

It's a section about an unfaithful wife but in it it condones couples for wanting to end an unwanted pregnancy and gives steps on how to force a miscarriage.

Saying King James verses 5:11-31 means exactly that, you can literally google it and pull up that section. And this is a section that is pretty direct and not really open to some metaphorical versus literal interpretation.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Actually, its a legit passage in a legit book they claim to support.

It's a section about an unfaithful wife but in it it condones couples for wanting to end an unwanted pregnancy and gives steps on how to force a miscarriage.

Saying King James verses 5:11-31 means exactly that, you can literally google it and pull up that section. And this is a section that is pretty direct and not really open to some metaphorical versus literal interpretation.
    My man, google it then. The bible is an anthology of books. Which of the 66 books is that chapter 5 verses 11-31 of?

My man, google it then. The bible is an anthology of books. Which of the 66 books is that chapter 5 verses 11-31 of?
    King James Bible Verus 5:11-31

https://www.christianity.com/bible/kjv/numbers/5-11-31
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...31&version=KJV
    https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Numbers-5-11/
    https://biblia.com/bible/esv/numbers/5/11-31

And plenty of others in the search results.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=king...client=gws-wiz

Edit:

Like I said, this is a book that they read and believe as the will of god.

King James Bible Verus 5:11-31
    So here's your problem. It's not KJB verses 5:11-31, it's NUMBERS, CHAPTER 5 VERSES 11-31! Numbers is the book, not KJB. KJB just means what translation of the bible you're talking about, not the book in the bible.

So here's your problem. It's not KJB verses 5:11-31, it's NUMBERS, CHAPTER 5 VERSES 11-31! Numbers is the book, not KJB. KJB just means what translation of the bible you're talking about, not the book in the bible.
    Either way you want to split hairs, its still verses from their own bibles that directly contradicts them. Unless you are saying that that particular book in their anthology as you said it doesn't count. At which point there are other versions of that passage I have read.

But, which version of the bible do you think we should defer to on this?

Either way you want to split hairs, its still verses from their own bibles that directly contradicts them. Unless you are saying that that particular book in their anthology as you said it doesn't count. At which point there are other versions of that passage I have read.

But, which version of the bible do you think we should defer to on this?
    It's not splitting hairs. It's you being so ignorant about the bible that you can't even direct people to the place in the bible you want people to look at. If you can't get the most basic thing about the bible right, why would anyone care about what you have to say about the bible? I'm saying this and I agree with your fundamental premise. This is why I said you're like trump saying two corinthians instead of 2nd corintians: every christian (and a lot of non-christians) know you don't know what you're talking about when you say it like that.

Edit: I'll try to make it more clear: there are a lot of chapter 5s in the bible. Pointing someone to chapter 5 leaves them with 66 options to search through.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2022-07-16 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Otherwise, wrap it up people or put them babies up for adoption.
    I think it is cute that you think that the same people (lobbyists and SCOTUS Judges) whom overturned Roe v Wade won't at least consider banning anything that "interferes" with the creation of a fetus.

Clarence Thomas already stated that he wants to "correct" the issue of Contraception. I wouldn't be surprised if he also wanted to ban condoms.

But hey, at least it would makes their "pro-life" arguments consistent, even if it's still just the same BS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to get into religious discussion, but yeah. KJV is the translation, not the book. To cite, you need the book (and the standard Christian bible has 66 within it, as noted), the chapter number, and then verse number. Judges 5:11-31 just gets you a chunk of the Song of Deborah. Deuteronomy 5:11-31 starts you are #3 in the Ten Commandments list.

You generally include the translation too, but it's actually less important than the other bits, particularly as which translation is preferable is often personal.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: I'll try to make it more clear: there are a lot of chapter 5s in the bible. Pointing someone to chapter 5 leaves them with 66 options to search through.
    It's like telling someone something's in Chapter 5 of the Harry Potter books. If you're off by a factor of 10 or so.

It's not splitting hairs. It's you being so ignorant about the bible that you can't even direct people to the place in the bible you want people to look at. If you can't get the most basic thing about the bible right, why would anyone care about what you have to say about the bible? I'm saying this and I agree with your fundamental premise. This is why I said you're like trump saying two corinthians instead of 2nd corintians: every christian (and a lot of non-christians) know you don't know what you're talking about when you say it like that.

I know that just saying Chapter 5 verses 11-31 wouldn't mean crap as they have a million different versions which is why I specified the King Jame Bible.

Is there a million different sets of Chapter 5 verses 11-31 within the King James Bible?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's like telling someone something's in Chapter 5 of the Harry Potter books. If you're off by a factor of 10 or so.
    True, which is why I didn't just give the chapter and verse. Specifying the King James Bible should be about as accurate as saying "Harry Potter - The Chamber of Secrets, chapter 5 paragraph 3."

I know that just saying Chapter 5 verses 11-31 wouldn't mean crap as they have a million different versions which is why I specified the King Jame Bible.

Is there a million different sets of Chapter 5 verses 11-31 within the King James Bible?

- - - Updated - - -

True, which is why I didn't just give the chapter and verse. Specifying the King James Bible should be about as accurate as saying "Harry Potter - The Chamber of Secrets, chapter 5 paragraph 3."
    There are 66 chapter 5s in the bible. Specifying which translation you're looking at is like saying the french version of harry potter, except instead of 7 (or 8, however many books HP has) there's 66.

There are 66 chapter 5s in the bible. Specifying which translation you're looking at is like saying the french version of harry potter, except instead of 7 (or 8, however many books HP has) there's 66.
    So you are saying that there are 66 different versions of the King James Bible not including language translations?

So you are saying that there are 66 different versions of the King James Bible not including language translations?
    KJB is just what translation it is. It doesn't designate a book in the bible. Without designating a book in the bible, you are sending people to search through 66 different chapter 5s. In the future, you can leave out the bit about the KJB version and just say 'Numbers 5:11-31'. Without letting people know what book (in this case, the book is 'Numbers') you just display ignorance.

Edit: I'll try for more clarity, the KJB is just the bible as translated by some guys paid for by king james. Or maybe king james translated it himself. I don't remember exactly, I'm one of the non-christians who's read one version of the bible once 20 years ago, who knows you don't know what you're talking about when you don't reference a book in the bible.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2022-07-16 at 02:44 AM.

KJB is just what translation it is. It doesn't designate a book in the bible. Without designating a book in the bible, you are sending people to searching through 66 different chapter 5s. In the future, you can leave out the bit about the KJB version and just say 'Numbers 5:11-31'. Without letting people know what book (in this case, the book is 'Numbers') you just display ignorance.
    If they asked, I would gladly admit I am not a religious person but the fact of the matter is that passage came from their own bible and has god saying to Moses that he condoned the stuff and gave steps on how to pull it off.

So, saying which bible it is isn't accurate enough and just saying Chapter 5 verses 11-31 isn't accurate enough because that would be 66 different chapter 5s. How exactly should it be said?

If they asked, I would gladly admit I am not a religious person but the fact of the matter is that passage came from their own bible and has god saying to Moses that he condoned the stuff and gave steps on how to pull it off.

So, saying which bible it is isn't accurate enough and just saying Chapter 5 verses 11-31 isn't accurate enough because that would be 66 different chapter 5s. How exactly should it be said?
    KJB is just what translation it is. It doesn't designate a book in the bible. Without designating a book in the bible, you are sending people to search through 66 different chapter 5s. In the future, you can leave out the bit about the KJB version and just say 'Numbers 5:11-31'. Without letting people know what book (in this case, the book is 'Numbers') you just display ignorance.
    Right there in the post you quoted.

Right there in the post you quoted.
    .... The whole reason why I started mentioning the King James Bible to begin with was I had someone asking which book when I mentioned it just like that and you guys just said something about there being a buttload of versions.....

So, just saying "Numbers 5:11-31" tells exactly in the bible where it is, doesn't matter the version?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not.

Cut out "Chamber of Secrets" from that, and you've got it.

The KJV is the translation. It's like whether your copy of Harry Potter is in English, French, Japanese, etc. Usually unnecessary for citation, but it explains the specific translation choices. In fact, it's more accurately the specific French translation of Harry Potter, if there's more than one for some reason. The version translated by a dude named Montreau, or the version translated by another dude named Milles-Pont.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-07-16 at 02:57 AM.