1. #4021
    Wait and see...Just being a woman in GA is an automatic increase in premiums...

  2. #4022
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Insurances use similar calculation methods to casinos.

    They'll look at how likely it is that whatever is being insured is actually happening, and then will adapt premiums and actual payments for them to still make a profit.

    Meaning either the premiums will be horrendous or you will get pennies when it happens.
    I'm more thinking that the terms of such a life insurance policy would require any deaths to not be caused by malfeasance or negligence on the part of the insurer and that they'd use that as an argument to wriggle out of everything.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  3. #4023
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    This shit just just keeps getting worse and worse.



    So Georgia appeals court has allowed the state to redefine personhood to include embryos and fetuses.

    I wonder what kind of fucked up unforseen consequences will come out of bacteria-sized embryos being considered people?
    THIS I WHAT I AM MOTHERFUCKING TALKING ABOUT, BOIS!

    I posted earlier about this mountain of legal questions that comes out of this decision, and it seems Georgia is getting the ball rolling. Now let's cover the rest of the issues related to personhood -

    - Is the mother engaging in any unsafe activities a crime? I mean, she could be injuring or putting the fetus at risk.
    - CAN THEY TAKE OUT LIFE INSURANCE ON THE FETUS?
    - Does the fetus now have to pay entry to certain businesses? Does it get a child discount? Is there a fetal discount? Will businesses have to create new policies?
    - We know poor diet is a source of health risks to the fetus, can the state mandate dietary requirements? Will the state provide funding for these minimum requirements?

    LET'S FIGURE THIS ALL OUT, BOIS

  4. #4024
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    LET'S FIGURE THIS ALL OUT, BOIS
    Does a pregnant woman count as two people on a census?
    Does conceiving on American soil mean that a pregnant woman is carrying a US citizen?

    I can't wait for this shit to blow up in their faces.

  5. #4025
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Does a pregnant woman count as two people on a census?
    Does conceiving on American soil mean that a pregnant woman is carrying a US citizen?

    I can't wait for this shit to blow up in their faces.
    Shit, so does that mean jus soli happens at the moment of conception rather than birth? Or both? How do you square contradictions? Like, conceived in Cancun but born in San Diego? Or conceived at BlizzCon in L.A. but burn back home in the Netherlands? Which takes legal priority, conception or birth?

    I wanna see how far down this rabbit hole of absolute smoothbrained stupidity we can take this nonsense.

  6. #4026
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    THIS I WHAT I AM MOTHERFUCKING TALKING ABOUT, BOIS!

    I posted earlier about this mountain of legal questions that comes out of this decision, and it seems Georgia is getting the ball rolling. Now let's cover the rest of the issues related to personhood -

    - Is the mother engaging in any unsafe activities a crime? I mean, she could be injuring or putting the fetus at risk.
    - CAN THEY TAKE OUT LIFE INSURANCE ON THE FETUS?
    - Does the fetus now have to pay entry to certain businesses? Does it get a child discount? Is there a fetal discount? Will businesses have to create new policies?
    - We know poor diet is a source of health risks to the fetus, can the state mandate dietary requirements? Will the state provide funding for these minimum requirements?

    LET'S FIGURE THIS ALL OUT, BOIS
    Fetuses are people!!!

    (Funny that Soylent Green was set in 2022, too)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Shit, so does that mean jus soli happens at the moment of conception rather than birth? Or both? How do you square contradictions? Like, conceived in Cancun but born in San Diego? Or conceived at BlizzCon in L.A. but burn back home in the Netherlands? Which takes legal priority, conception or birth?

    I wanna see how far down this rabbit hole of absolute smoothbrained stupidity we can take this nonsense.
    Gonna be fun when everyone realizes that they can't track conception, obviously.

    Literally everyone was conceived within the US! Can't prove they weren't! Might as well stop wasting money on that wall now.

  7. #4027
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,586
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Does a pregnant woman count as two people on a census?
    Does conceiving on American soil mean that a pregnant woman is carrying a US citizen?

    I can't wait for this shit to blow up in their faces.
    You all keep pointing out that this will "blow up in their faces", and while it might, there is also a distinct possibility that it will go the other direction, with pregnant women have zero say, ever, nation wide, on their physical health - because they are carrying a U.S. citizen, because they do qualify for the HOA lane, etc. These arguments could strengthen a national ban on any abortion in the United States.

    We're trying to point out the idiocy of the implications of Roe being revoked, when we know damn well the GQP embraces the idiocy.

  8. #4028
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You all keep pointing out that this will "blow up in their faces", and while it might, there is also a distinct possibility that it will go the other direction, with pregnant women have zero say, ever, nation wide, on their physical health - because they are carrying a U.S. citizen, because they do qualify for the HOA lane, etc. These arguments could strengthen a national ban on any abortion in the United States.

    We're trying to point out the idiocy of the implications of Roe being revoked, when we know damn well the GQP embraces the idiocy.
    A lot of people seem to be still working under the assumption that logic or common sense will work on these people. The GQP and the supreme court are operating on the we do it because we can policy. These people gave up on sense and logic long ago, they operate pulling reasons out of their ass. They will leverage parts of laws that they can use to establish their Christian theocratic fascist beliefs then contradict themselves when it suits them.

  9. #4029
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    This shit just just keeps getting worse and worse.



    So Georgia appeals court has allowed the state to redefine personhood to include embryos and fetuses.

    I wonder what kind of fucked up unforseen consequences will come out of bacteria-sized embryos being considered people?
    Exactly. And this is just the beginning.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    A lot of people seem to be still working under the assumption that logic or common sense will work on these people. The GQP and the supreme court are operating on the we do it because we can policy. These people gave up on sense and logic long ago, they operate pulling reasons out of their ass. They will leverage parts of laws that they can use to establish their Christian theocratic fascist beliefs then contradict themselves when it suits them.
    Agreed. I mean, look at Georgia.

  10. #4030
    Old God Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    10,114
    If you live in Kansas, vote NO today on the constitutional amendment today. Save reproductive rights.

    Non-voters can go fuck themselves.
    Government Affiliated Snark

  11. #4031
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    36,886
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Does a pregnant woman count as two people on a census?
    Does conceiving on American soil mean that a pregnant woman is carrying a US citizen?

    I can't wait for this shit to blow up in their faces.
    Can't wait for immigrants to start appearing in Georgia with a US citizen in their womb. I'd gleefully love a flood of this happening if it makes conservatives realize just how stupid it is to codify personhood to a few cells.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

  12. #4032
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You all keep pointing out that this will "blow up in their faces", and while it might, there is also a distinct possibility that it will go the other direction, with pregnant women have zero say, ever, nation wide, on their physical health - because they are carrying a U.S. citizen, because they do qualify for the HOA lane, etc. These arguments could strengthen a national ban on any abortion in the United States.

    We're trying to point out the idiocy of the implications of Roe being revoked, when we know damn well the GQP embraces the idiocy.
    I'm always a cynic and I agree. This is pretty much saying they are whatever they are. Giving those things rights and thus now solidifying their anti-choice.

    I tried to think of some snark ways also of this backfiring, but if they pick and choose then this could really solidify what they think is something its not.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

  13. #4033
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I'm always a cynic and I agree. This is pretty much saying they are whatever they are. Giving those things rights and thus now solidifying their anti-choice.

    I tried to think of some snark ways also of this backfiring, but if they pick and choose then this could really solidify what they think is something its not.
    While humanity usually enjoys an "I told you so" moment, I'm sure you'll agree, this is not one of them. I mentioned this about a month ago, that these "fetus' have citizenship rights" arguments were going to come back and haunt us at some point, and it took less than a month.

    If the GQP continues to ride this way, and there is no reason to think they wouldn't, fetus' could become citizens, with all of those inalienable rights. I can't imagine a bigger rats nest, anywhere, ever.

  14. #4034
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    I wonder what kind of fucked up unforseen consequences will come out of bacteria-sized embryos being considered people?
    Can you get your wife out of prison by knocking her up on a conjugal visit? Fetus didn't do anything and does not deserve to be incarcerated...

  15. #4035
    Over 9000! Santti's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,130
    And US just keeps going backwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

  16. #4036
    Old God Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    10,114
    C'mon Kansas....

    Government Affiliated Snark

  17. #4037
    #BREAKING: Kansas voters reject abortion measure in victory for pro-choice movement https://t.co/bur7i9U3yq https://t.co/lTyMUQgZw8
    A surprise. Left it to the voters in a red state and they go for pro choice.

    While not final, the vote for pro choice is winning by 28 points.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2022-08-03 at 02:48 AM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

  18. #4038
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    A surprise. Left it to the voters in a red state and they go for pro choice
    I wonder if they will attempt to throw this out and go for it anyways...
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  19. #4039
    Quote Originally Posted by Midterm Voter View Post
    C'mon Kansas....

    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...amendment.html

    Called for "No" as it's leading basically 62:38 with 24% of the vote left. Yay.

  20. #4040
    When Kansas tells you to fuck off, in biggest election since 2008... and the GQP still wearing their pants as a hat with pride.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •