Republicans fucked up so bad on this issue. If they had a unified voice on this with a reasonable week limit (more than 6 obviously) and some clearly defined exceptions (nothing vague like "life of the mother") they could have kneecapped the voter turnout dems are getting.

Somehow they seem unable to process that many abortions need to take place that have nothing to do with whether or not the mother wants the baby. There are millions of voters that would have been on the republican's side if their position had been more sane than outright banning abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Also, don't give me that bs on "not for lack of trying" when the article says "Tuesday’s 95-11 vote in the House — with almost all the chamber’s Democrats joining most of the Republicans."
    So you agree with me, then, that they tried to pass a more comprehensive ban even though the effort ultimately failed. And that's leaving aside that South Carolina has been passing abortion restrictions purely to try and overturn Roe v. Wade for years.

But also, looking closer, South Carolina also passed a heartbeat law that effectively bans abortions at 6 weeks, but is in the same boat as Ohio in that the courts blocked it for the time being.

And this is all, of course, to say nothing of the multiple prominent Republicans in Congress that have made it explicitly clear that they intend to impose a federal ban on abortions as soon as they're able.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2022-10-26 at 06:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    And this is all, of course, to say nothing of the multiple prominent Republicans in Congress that have made it explicitly clear that they intend to impose a federal ban on abortions as soon as they're able.
    Do Democrats even need to campaign? Seems Republicans are giving voters a reason to get off their asses and vote Democrat more than ever before. Banning abortion is a sure fire road to losing.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Do Democrats even need to campaign? Seems Republicans are giving voters a reason to get off their asses and vote Democrat more than ever before. Banning abortion is a sure fire road to losing.
    Yes. 2016 proved that even if your opponent is a worthless sack of flaming dogshit left by a prankster on your front porch, poor campaigning and the impression that victory is assured can still sink a candidate.

Abortion debates always bring out the best in people. Calm down and realize you're interacting with real humans here,
    Just real people like you that want to take away the rights of other people, for no reason.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account

Abortion debates always bring out the best in people. Calm down and realize you're interacting with real humans
    Maybe start treating women as real people first, and then we'll talk about being civil to Conservatives.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...-role-abortion

"There should not be involvement from the federal government in how states decide their abortion decisions," Oz said when asked about his position on abortion, which has become a central midterm issue following the U.S. Supreme Court's June decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization.

"I want women, doctors, local political leaders letting the democracy that's always allowed our nation to thrive to put the best ideas forward so states can decide for themselves," Oz added.
    In which Oz argues the Federal Government should actively play a role in this by intentionally staying out of it.

And that local politicians should apparently have a say in what women can and can't do with their bodies. I'm not sure what a local politician has to do with deciding individuals bodily autonomy.

Because as always, Republican ultimately want to determine what girls and women can and can't do with their bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Republican enthusiasm for the election is still higher than Democrat. Yes, they need to campaign. They need to campaign hard. Democrats made the mistake of "I don't like Trump...but I don't really like Clinton either...I think I'll sit this one out" back in 2016.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-10-26 at 06:17 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Maybe start treating women as real people first, and then we'll talk about being civil to Conservatives.
    Half the unborn are women, but that never stopped the pro-abortion crowd.

This isn't meant to encourage you to default to others' using "cheeto god" or "white replacement/nationalist" tell you" (the response to which you are quoting now) when the conversation gets tough. I'll assume you aren't acting as a mouthpiece for other people whose evil bona fides are uncontested, if you'll afford other people posting here the same.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    The "unborn" are an imaginary bloc of theoretical people who don't actually exist. The women to whom you're denying the right to control their own bodies, however, actually do exist.

Half the unborn are women
    No, they're fetuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No, they're fetuses.
    Not responding to him because I know he doesn’t actually believe the stuff he pushes but…

I do find it funny how many conservatives plead to force people to actually create lives against their will pretending it was a living being anymore than a tape worm at that stage and just as much of a soul and intelligence but then wants to abandon the child that they themselves forced to be created chanting “personal responsibility” while denying the child and their family proper access to healthcare, education and suitable housing.

Know countless over the years that respond to issues with “Not my problem” even if it was their fault just because the mess they created landed on someone else’s lap. And the moment it does land on their laps they turn into a full hypocrite but only for themselves on that single issue because they needed and deserved it but no one else does unless they liked them.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Brings a whole new meaning to that "What is a woman?" horseshit. And here I was thinking that "adult" was part of the transphobes' preferred definition. That is, when they're not talking marrying and impregnating teenage women girls.

No, they're fetuses.
    Just when I thought it couldn't get better than accusing someone of not treating women as real people, we have someone wondering where men and women come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    pretending it was a living being anymore than a tape worm at that stage
    the mess they created
    A lot of dehumanization going on here. But I am more than happy for pro-abortion types to call babies in early development "no more a living being anymore than a tape worm" and "the mess they created" because that illustrates the extent of the problem.

the child that they themselves forced to be created
    Oh, now it's magically humanized as a "child", although you've got some murky parts on when the "created" happened.

chanting “personal responsibility” while denying the child and their family proper access to healthcare, education and suitable housing.
    The people firebombing and attacking crisis pregnancy centers are your allies, not mine. Maybe let them distribute diapers, food, cribs, carseats, baby carriers, and a host of other things if this is really important to you.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Brings a whole new meaning to that "What is a woman?" horseshit. And here I was thinking that "adult" was part of the transphobes' preferred definition. That is, when they're not talking marrying and impregnating teenage women girls.
    Use female and male if you're stuck on the semantics and early development of men and women. Unless you're trying to imply you existed as something else prior to actual birth.

I'm not even going to touch your gender/gender identity based slur of transphobe. I've seen the rules and don't want to tempt their uneven application.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they're fetuses.
    And even if he genuinely believes they are people he's asking them to be born into a world without basic human rights.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

What you said is maddeningly stupid, especially when you consider there's a number of abortions that occur before the fetus/cells has an assigned sex. Seriously, how you're that ignorant is utterly baffling.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of dehumanization going on here. But I am more than happy for pro-abortion types to call babies in early development "no more a living being anymore than a tape worm" and "the mess they created" because that illustrates the extent of the problem.
    Not only is this an intentionally misleading argument that no right-wingers actually believe to be true (are all miscarriages to be investigated as potential homicides? Can you claim the fetus as a dependent on your taxes?), it's also fundamentally irrelevant and only used so you can avoid the real conversation.

Which is about bodily autonomy. Self-ownership. A human right which trumps all others, including anyone else's right to life, even if it were to exist. If we take a 6-month old human infant, which everyone basically agrees is a "baby", is a "child", is a "human being" with full rights and freedoms, and we presume that infant is sick and needs blood transfusions but needs special blood with unique properties that only a handful of people have, including its mother, you can't force the mother to give that blood donation. Nor anyone else, for that matter. Their bodily autonomy always trumps any right to life of that child. In every set of circumstances. Except pregnancy, and only until birth, according to religious theocrats like yourself who want their religious views about pregnancy to be made into law and applied to everyone. There's no consistency there. No basis for argument. Just "my religion says so, and you shouldn't have the freedom to make that choice". It isn't about "human life"; it's an argument about religious subjugation of others, intentional dehumanization of women, and the infliction of suffering.

Pro-life arguments are never made in good faith. None of you are honest about your intent or reasoning.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Pro-life arguments are never made in good faith. None of you are honest about your intent or reasoning.
    Anti-choice...because they really don't care about life. They are fine with the death penalty, fine with child mortality, fine with mortality all around basically.

Just when I thought it couldn't get better than accusing someone of not treating women as real people, we have someone wondering where men and women come from.
    I'm quite clear on the matter.

Unless you're going to allege that every menstruation is actually murder. Or that every male ejaculation is actually mass-murder.

Which if we're to take your logic that a developing fetus is actually a whole-ass person rather than just the potential for a person, then the other potential parts that create a person are necessarily personified too.

Damn man, every teenage boy and adult male belongs in jail for mass murder. Even if the never jerk off, everyone has had a wet dream at some point, it's just a natural part of life. That wet dream was mass murder, apparently.

I'm quite clear on the matter.

Unless you're going to allege that every menstruation is actually murder. Or that every male ejaculation is actually mass-murder.

Which if we're to take your logic that a developing fetus is actually a whole-ass person rather than just the potential for a person, then the other potential parts that create a person are necessarily personified too.

Damn man, every teenage boy and adult male belongs in jail for mass murder. Even if the never jerk off, everyone has had a wet dream at some point, it's just a natural part of life. That wet dream was mass murder, apparently.
    Not only that, but also, since a single egg can only be fertilized by one sperm cell and leaves all others to die, no single conception goes without a mass murder. The entire concept of human procreation is filled with genocide, apparently.