Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Abortion allows more people to get out of poverty.

Raising kids and having a career can be quite hard, especially as a single parent.
    Tell that to my super unprivileged Latina single mother, lol....

All it takes is the right mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Tell that to my super unprivileged Latina single mother, lol....

All it takes is the right mentality.
    If that was so easy, it would be done. Why is it not ?

If that was so easy, it would be done. Why is it not ?
    Who said it was easy????

Nothing in life is worth having if it doesn't take effort.

You think we should design society using the weak willed as a template?

I was just raised with values and morals. No Trumpist elitism here papi.
    Your values and morals still stink of Trumpist elitist privilege.
    Maybe you'll grow up out of this Boebert phase.

Na that's the governments job.
    Will you support higher taxes for this? Because that's the cost.

Starting with proper sex ed and accessibility to proper contraceptives
    Would help if Republicans didn't consistently push for "abstinence only" education and their refusal to support proven effective policies including making birth control easily available. Can't compromise when one side refuses to compromise.

Who said it was easy????

So you have no argument ?

Honestly, you have next to zero. It is like I am talking to Endus, totally unreasonable person.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Your values and morals still stink of Trumpist elitist privilege.
    Maybe you'll grow up out of this Boebert phase.
    You clearly didn't read my response.

Who said it was easy????

You think we should design society using the weak willed as a template?
    And the strong should protect the weak, not impose his will upon them.

So are you ready to do so ?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Will you support higher taxes for this? Because that's the cost.

Would help if Republicans didn't consistently push for "abstinence only" education and their refusal to support proven effective policies including making birth control easily available. Can't compromise when one side refuses to compromise.
    No I support wiser spending and using the blood money generated by abortion to start it off.

I agree with the second point. 100%

- - - Updated - - -

So you have no argument ?

Honestly, you have next to zero. It is like I am talking to Endus, totally unreasonable person.
    That is my argument....you said if it was easy the. People would do it more.

Again nothing in life that's worth having comes easy.

You wanna use weak people as the gold standard for society???

- - - Updated - - -

And the strong should protect the weak, not impose his will upon them.

So are you ready to do so ?
    Protect and guide the weak. Not let them influence you.

No I support wiser spending and using the blood money generated by abortion to start it off.

I agree with the second point. 100%

- - - Updated - - -

That is my argument....you said if it was easy the. People would do it more.

Again nothing in life that's worth having comes easy.

You wanna use weak people as the gold standard for society???
    I also do not want to use the "strong" as you seem to imagine them. Forcing one will upon the weak. Bleh.

"Wiser spending" means nothing. This will cost more money, do you support paying taxes to raise this money? If not then you're proposing an unworkable fantasy.

"Blood money"? Abortions are provided by private companies, not the government. I'm not sure if those procedures are taxed, but the revenue from taxing them wouldn't be shit if an additional tax was added, and would just further ensure that health services are out of reach for the poor but remains accessible for the wealthy.

I also do not want to use the "strong" as you seem to imagine them. Forcing one will upon the weak. Bleh.
    No one is forcing their will on anyone but society has rules to abide by.

No one is forcing their will on anyone but society has rules to abide by.
    Yes, and society should protect its weak member. And women with unwanted pregnancy are "weak member".

Montana voters reject 'born alive' abortion referendum

It is official. Every single constitutional amendment to restrict abortion failed to pass with pretty wide margins. We are talking about hard core red states here - Kansas, Kentucky and Montana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just dropping by to remind you guys that a fetus is a human being with a right to life and not a carrot or a Mercedes Benz. No one has the right to murder and there are a plethora of alternatives to abortion. A non perfect system is better than a zero chance at life.

Yes there are extreme exceptions such as rape, inviable pregnancy, or the life of the mother being in jeopardy. We're not savages without complex thought.

Someone has to remind this echo chamber of what's right if your college prof won't.

Untill next time! You're friendly neighborhood agnostic pro gay rights conservative.

Just take a minute if that last sentence takes a bit to sink in.
    Just dropping by to remind you that it's nice for you to have an opinion, but your gut feeling isn't fact. I don't know who humiliated you in your academic life that you look down upon colleges as this posts so clearly demonstrates, still your ignorance is not a substitute for education.

Your sexual orientation and how you were raised doesn't change a shitty take.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "Wiser spending" means nothing. This will cost more money, do you support paying taxes to raise this money? If not then you're proposing an unworkable fantasy.

"Blood money"? Abortions are provided by private companies, not the government. I'm not sure if those procedures are taxed, but the revenue from taxing them wouldn't be shit if an additional tax was added, and would just further ensure that health services are out of reach for the poor but remains accessible for the wealthy.
    Look I'm not a political science major. I can't say how a better system could work and be financed. Yeah MAYBE increase taxes by a reasonable amount.

Perhaps tax millionaires and billionaires even more.

I'm just talking about the core idea.

Look I'm not a political science major. I can't say how a better system could work and be financed. Yeah MAYBE increase taxes by a reasonable amount.

Perhaps tax millionaires and billionaires even more.

I'm just talking about the core idea.
    And the core idea is that unwanted pregnancy are hard to come through and it is terrible for the mother and the child afterward. So you are wrong overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Just dropping by to remind you that it's nice for you to have an opinion, but your gut feeling isn't fact. I don't know who humiliated you in your academic life that you look down upon colleges as this posts so clearly demonstrates, still your ignorance is not a substitute for education.

Your sexual orientation and how you were raised doesn't change a shitty take.
    So a fetus is a carrot then?? I'm sorry I thought it was human.

I was never humiliated in academia, I graduated suma cum laude. I've just come to realize just how disgustingly liberal most colleges are with little to no acceptance of conservative opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

And the core idea is that unwanted pregnancy are hard to come through and it is terrible for the mother and the child afterward. So you are wrong overall.
    Yeah the mother can heal, go through therapy, etc. Who's helping the child after the fact though?

There are resources. Can they improved? Of course.

And again all it takes is the right mindset

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, and society should protect its weak member. And women with unwanted pregnancy are "weak member".
    Yeah so protect them by giving them proper resources and assistance.

I was never humiliated in academia, I graduated suma cum laude. I've just come to realize just how disgustingly liberal most colleges are with little to no acceptance of conservative opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah the mother can heal, go through therapy, etc. Who's helping the child after the fact though?

You do realize that therapy is not the alpha and omega here and can't "heal" everything ? I mean, do you have a child ? Do you know what a women go through ?

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Someone who graduated summa cum laude should be able to differentiate between their personal religious feelings and actual facts. Just because you somehow put a lump of cells on a pedestal doesn't make it so. Please keep your religion out of other peoples wombs.