1. #5221
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/16/healt...sis/index.html

    And another story of a woman in Texas who almost died because she needed life-saving medical care during a pregnancy complication and as a result almost dying.
    Also she wanted a child, but now most likely can never have one because the abortion was so much delayed, the infection scarred her uterus... very pro-life!

  2. #5222
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/16/healt...sis/index.html

    And another story of a woman in Texas who almost died because she needed life-saving medical care during a pregnancy complication and as a result almost dying.
    I am just in absolute shock..........

    /s

  3. #5223
    Republicans Lost Big on Abortion Ballot Measures. Now They’re Trying to Change the Rules

    Republicans, perhaps coming to terms with the unpopularity of their antiabortion agenda, seem to be grasping for a new playbook. Republicans in Ohio want to make it harder to amend the state constitution via ballot initiative, which abortion advocates say is a blatant attempt to block voter-driven efforts to enshrine reproductive protections in state rights.

    “Ohio’s constitution has been far too susceptible to efforts by outside groups and special interests seeking to alter the people’s constitution to achieve their own ends,” Republican state representative Brian Stewart said, according to The Columbus Dispatch. With the backing of Frank LaRose, the Republican Ohio secretary of state, Stewart has introduced a resolution that would require a supermajority of Ohioans, 60%—as opposed to the current threshold of 50% plus one vote—to change the state constitution.

    The push comes on the heels of several successful ballot measure initiatives protecting abortion rights. Voters in Michigan and Vermont enshrined abortion rights into their states’ constitutions. Californians went further, extending constitutional protections to include contraceptives. Even in the red states of Montana and Kentucky, voters shot down ballot initiatives that would have eroded abortion protections. Over the summer, Kansans, too, resoundingly voted against a measure that would’ve done the same.

  4. #5224
    So after realizing that most people want reproductive rights, in some form, they want to change the rules to force their shitty policies on to an unwilling populace...

    Man, republicans really are sore losers.

  5. #5225
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    So after realizing that most people want reproductive rights, in some form, they want to change the rules to force their shitty policies on to an unwilling populace...

    Man, republicans really are sore losers.
    I would have said Fascists. Pushing their unpopular rules on everyone.

  6. #5226
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    So after realizing that most people want reproductive rights, in some form, they want to change the rules to force their shitty policies on to an unwilling populace...

    Man, republicans really are sore losers.
    Same shit they do on the regular.

    Oh, Florida voters voted to allow people with felonies who have served their time and are back out in society to regain their right to vote?

    Can't have that! The Republican Legislature had better pass a law preventing many from doing so unless they pay off all court fees and fines.

    Which sounds a lot like a poll tax for some folks, but whatever, we'll ignore that. Theoretically fine...except that the whole system is a disaster and even trying to find out what you owe, and to which court, is reportedly a god-damned nightmare.

    So you have former felons that think they can vote and have tried to pay off all their fines, that successfully register within the state to vote and think they can, and are then arrested because the state itself told them they could vote when they couldn't.

    Which is all, somehow, delivering Florida voters exactly what they voted for and not Republicans continuing their efforts of doing everything possible to limit access to voting and rejecting actually popular democracy.

  7. #5227
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    I would have said Fascists. Pushing their unpopular rules on everyone.
    Just because they are fascists doesn't negate my statement about them being sore losers.

  8. #5228
    Man last post 5 days ago, and no conservative posts in sight.

    No problem, kindly reminding you guys that there's no such thing as right to abortion and that abortion is not "healthcare" unless it's saving the mother from a complication.

    My job is not to change your opinion after a few posts, but instead to sow seeds of doubt Incase any of you are in a situation where you believe killing your baby is the right thing for you to do.

  9. #5229
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatBlast View Post
    That's a good thing, shame you had to ruin it. Your opinion is still wrong.
    And let you guys stagnate in an echo chamber with a WRONG opinion. Na.

  10. #5230
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Man last post 5 days ago, and no conservative posts in sight.
    One would think you'd have the good sense to continue the trend given your stance on abortion cost you a red wave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  11. #5231
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    One would think you'd have the good sense to continue the trend given your stance on abortion cost you a red wave.
    You know how many times I've been suspended for being pro life? Think I care? I'll happily wait out some silly little sentence given by biased modes to keep posting the truth after the fact.

  12. #5232
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    36,701
    "Biased modes"

    OK.jpg

    I wonder how people get into the train of thought that "I'm not wrong, it's everyone else who's crazy", but then I remember PragerU reinforced the idea that anyone who tells you that you're wrong is trying to destroy America and religion.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

  13. #5233
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    You know how many times I've been suspended for being pro life?
    Zero, since being pro-life is not against forum rules. Nation bashing and name calling, however, is.

    It's more funny how you think you're being profound and edgy when in reality you're clinging to an increasingly fringe political position that has proven to be so unworkable from an electoral standpoint that many conservatives are considering jettisoning it from their platforms. Which is entirely appropriate since being pro-life has always been a case of manufactured controversy for the sake of courting a voting bloc which is now in its death throes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  14. #5234
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    22,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Man last post 5 days ago, and no conservative posts in sight.
    That didn't take long, see you again in 5+ days
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

  15. #5235
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    So after realizing that most people want reproductive rights, in some form, they want to change the rules to force their shitty policies on to an unwilling populace...

    Man, republicans really are sore losers.
    I am not a republican and not even a US citizen. I just want to ask a question. Sex-selective abortion happens so widespread across the globe. Particular in Asian countries like China and India. Even in the United states, the sex ratio of the 2nd child in asian America is 160:100. Do you think women has the right for sex-selective abortion? In white American the sex ratio is 103:100 but in asian it is much higher that causes the final sex ratio in the America being 105:100

    Without a total ban on abortion, how could you fix the problem of sex-selection? People can easily know the sex of the child in the womb with modern technology.

    Do not tell me sex-selection is her husband or other people's fault if you believe "women's body women's choice"

    Other concerns I have with abortion is that abortion usually takes money from insurance which means people who made no mistakes will pay for other people's mistakes. Many of them are virgin males who never made any mistakes. However, as you people said men have no rights on deciding how women should do with their body. Then why should those people pay for your price if they have no say-so? Why do you believe it does nothing harm to other people when their insurance money is wasted for your mistake and may potentially die out for lacking of resources when they themselves being ill?
    Last edited by Pro-lifer; 2022-11-27 at 11:02 PM.

  16. #5236
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    78,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-lifer View Post
    I am not a republican and not even a US citizen. I just want to ask a question. Sex-selective abortion happens so widespread across the globe. Particular in Asian countries like China and India. Even in the United states, the sex ratio of the 2nd child in asian America is 160:100. Do you think women has the right for sex-selective abortion? In white American the sex ratio is 103:100 but in asian it is much higher that causes the final sex ratio in the America being 105:100

    Without a total ban on abortion, how could you fix the problem of sex-selection? People can easily know the sex of the child in the womb with modern technology.

    Do not tell me sex-selection is her husband or other people's fault if you believe "women's body women's choice"
    Make sex-selection an unethical medical justification. Then it's medical malpractice, but abortion itself remains fully legal, the same way plenty of prescription meds can be legally prescribed even if they'd otherwise be illegal to have or use.

    Not particularly complicated. And no, a patient lying about wanting a child to get around this isn't a problem that needs fixing; this is about medical ethics, not punishing women.


  17. #5237
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Make sex-selection an unethical medical justification. Then it's medical malpractice, but abortion itself remains fully legal, the same way plenty of prescription meds can be legally prescribed even if they'd otherwise be illegal to have or use.

    Not particularly complicated. And no, a patient lying about wanting a child to get around this isn't a problem that needs fixing; this is about medical ethics, not punishing women.
    The problem is that China has proven without a total ban on abortion unless you have a very good reason, sex-selection is a huge huge issue. Even putting a restriction on 14 weeks abortion ban is not working.

    It is so hard to know whether someone aborts her baby for any reason because sex-selection in so widespread in China and I guess even China is going to totally ban abortion besides rape, incest and medical reasons in the future.

    Fetus is a human scientifically for sure. However, killing a human people is not necessarily wrong. Like you may be innocent to kill someone when you defend yourself. My point is that unless you have a very good reason, you should not abort babies.
    Last edited by Pro-lifer; 2022-11-27 at 11:07 PM.

  18. #5238
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    78,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-lifer View Post
    Other concerns I have with abortion is that abortion usually takes money from insurance which means people who made no mistakes will pay for other people's mistakes. Many of them are virgin males who never made any mistakes.
    That's flatly not a consideration. Medical insurance doesn't care if it's because of a "mistake", especially in any country outside the USA.


  19. #5239
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    36,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-lifer View Post
    I am not a republican and not even a US citizen. I just want to ask a question. Sex-selective abortion happens so widespread across the globe. Particular in Asian countries like China and India. Even in the United states, the sex ratio of the 2nd child in asian America is 160:100. Do you think women has the right for sex-selective abortion? In white American the sex ratio is 103:100 but in asian it is much higher that causes the final sex ratio in the America being 105:100

    Without a total ban on abortion, how could you fix the problem of sex-selection? People can easily know the sex of the child in the womb with modern technology.

    Do not tell me sex-selection is her husband or other people's fault if you believe "women's body women's choice"

    Other concerns I have with abortion is that abortion usually takes money from insurance which means people who made no mistakes will pay for other people's mistakes. Many of them are virgin males who never made any mistakes. However, as you people said men have no rights on deciding how women should do with their body. Then why should those people pay for your price if they have no say-so? Why do you believe it does nothing harm to other people when their insurance money is wasted for your mistake and may potentially die out for lacking of resources when they themselves being ill?
    China and other asian countries have very unique cultures that incentivize having male children. Sounds more like those cultural norms need to be addressed than just outright banning bodily autonomy.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

  20. #5240
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    78,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-lifer View Post
    The problem is that China has proven without a total ban on abortion unless you have a very good reason, sex-selection is a huge huge issue. Even putting a restriction on 14 weeks abortion ban is not working.
    They haven't proven shit. Canada has no restrictions other than medical ethical codes, and we've had basically no issues. You're pushing disinfo.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •