1. #5421
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    So after realizing that most people want reproductive rights, in some form, they want to change the rules to force their shitty policies on to an unwilling populace...

    Man, republicans really are sore losers.
    I am not a republican and not even a US citizen. I just want to ask a question. Sex-selective abortion happens so widespread across the globe. Particular in Asian countries like China and India. Even in the United states, the sex ratio of the 2nd child in asian America is 160:100. Do you think women has the right for sex-selective abortion? In white American the sex ratio is 103:100 but in asian it is much higher that causes the final sex ratio in the America being 105:100

    Without a total ban on abortion, how could you fix the problem of sex-selection? People can easily know the sex of the child in the womb with modern technology.

    Do not tell me sex-selection is her husband or other people's fault if you believe "women's body women's choice"

    Other concerns I have with abortion is that abortion usually takes money from insurance which means people who made no mistakes will pay for other people's mistakes. Many of them are virgin males who never made any mistakes. However, as you people said men have no rights on deciding how women should do with their body. Then why should those people pay for your price if they have no say-so? Why do you believe it does nothing harm to other people when their insurance money is wasted for your mistake and may potentially die out for lacking of resources when they themselves being ill?
    Last edited by Pro-lifer; 2022-11-27 at 11:02 PM.

  2. #5422
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    74,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-lifer View Post
    I am not a republican and not even a US citizen. I just want to ask a question. Sex-selective abortion happens so widespread across the globe. Particular in Asian countries like China and India. Even in the United states, the sex ratio of the 2nd child in asian America is 160:100. Do you think women has the right for sex-selective abortion? In white American the sex ratio is 103:100 but in asian it is much higher that causes the final sex ratio in the America being 105:100

    Without a total ban on abortion, how could you fix the problem of sex-selection? People can easily know the sex of the child in the womb with modern technology.

    Do not tell me sex-selection is her husband or other people's fault if you believe "women's body women's choice"
    Make sex-selection an unethical medical justification. Then it's medical malpractice, but abortion itself remains fully legal, the same way plenty of prescription meds can be legally prescribed even if they'd otherwise be illegal to have or use.

    Not particularly complicated. And no, a patient lying about wanting a child to get around this isn't a problem that needs fixing; this is about medical ethics, not punishing women.


  3. #5423
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Make sex-selection an unethical medical justification. Then it's medical malpractice, but abortion itself remains fully legal, the same way plenty of prescription meds can be legally prescribed even if they'd otherwise be illegal to have or use.

    Not particularly complicated. And no, a patient lying about wanting a child to get around this isn't a problem that needs fixing; this is about medical ethics, not punishing women.
    The problem is that China has proven without a total ban on abortion unless you have a very good reason, sex-selection is a huge huge issue. Even putting a restriction on 14 weeks abortion ban is not working.

    It is so hard to know whether someone aborts her baby for any reason because sex-selection in so widespread in China and I guess even China is going to totally ban abortion besides rape, incest and medical reasons in the future.

    Fetus is a human scientifically for sure. However, killing a human people is not necessarily wrong. Like you may be innocent to kill someone when you defend yourself. My point is that unless you have a very good reason, you should not abort babies.
    Last edited by Pro-lifer; 2022-11-27 at 11:07 PM.

  4. #5424
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    74,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-lifer View Post
    Other concerns I have with abortion is that abortion usually takes money from insurance which means people who made no mistakes will pay for other people's mistakes. Many of them are virgin males who never made any mistakes.
    That's flatly not a consideration. Medical insurance doesn't care if it's because of a "mistake", especially in any country outside the USA.


  5. #5425
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    35,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-lifer View Post
    I am not a republican and not even a US citizen. I just want to ask a question. Sex-selective abortion happens so widespread across the globe. Particular in Asian countries like China and India. Even in the United states, the sex ratio of the 2nd child in asian America is 160:100. Do you think women has the right for sex-selective abortion? In white American the sex ratio is 103:100 but in asian it is much higher that causes the final sex ratio in the America being 105:100

    Without a total ban on abortion, how could you fix the problem of sex-selection? People can easily know the sex of the child in the womb with modern technology.

    Do not tell me sex-selection is her husband or other people's fault if you believe "women's body women's choice"

    Other concerns I have with abortion is that abortion usually takes money from insurance which means people who made no mistakes will pay for other people's mistakes. Many of them are virgin males who never made any mistakes. However, as you people said men have no rights on deciding how women should do with their body. Then why should those people pay for your price if they have no say-so? Why do you believe it does nothing harm to other people when their insurance money is wasted for your mistake and may potentially die out for lacking of resources when they themselves being ill?
    China and other asian countries have very unique cultures that incentivize having male children. Sounds more like those cultural norms need to be addressed than just outright banning bodily autonomy.
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Just came here to remind people that the right has no moral conscious. If they ever try to morally scold you, it's not because they think what you're doing is wrong. Is because it's effective, and want to discourage you from doing it.

  6. #5426
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    74,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-lifer View Post
    The problem is that China has proven without a total ban on abortion unless you have a very good reason, sex-selection is a huge huge issue. Even putting a restriction on 14 weeks abortion ban is not working.
    They haven't proven shit. Canada has no restrictions other than medical ethical codes, and we've had basically no issues. You're pushing disinfo.


  7. #5427
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's flatly not a consideration. Medical insurance doesn't care if it's because of a "mistake", especially in any country outside the USA.
    If the abortion is not for medical reason or rapes or something, then it does have an impact on other people. It is clearly not 100% choice of a women any more.

  8. #5428
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    74,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-lifer View Post
    If the abortion is not for medical reason or rapes or something, then it does have an impact on other people. It is clearly not 100% choice of a women any more.
    False. Why would I entertain baseless nonsense as an argument? There's no medical impact on others, and their emotional concerns do not matter one whit.


  9. #5429
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They haven't proven shit. Canada has no restrictions other than medical ethical codes, and we've had basically no issues. You're pushing disinfo.
    I am not pushing disinfo. Some countries do have cultural issues that need ban abortion. I do not know the situation in Canada.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex-selective_abortion

    As Wikipedia and many other documents shown in the Wikipedia, the phenomenon of sex-selection or even race-selection happens in Canada too.

  10. #5430
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    35,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-lifer View Post
    If the abortion is not for medical reason or rapes or something, then it does have an impact on other people. It is clearly not 100% choice of a women any more.
    Again, I feel like China would be way better off addressing the cultural norms that led to this. As I'm aware of it, the onus of taking care of the elderly is not on the government but weighs heavily on male children. You're basically expected to be the bread winner for you, your spouse, your children, your parents, and in many cases your spouse's parents if they never had a son.

    I imagine men in China would be far more appreciative of relief of that onus than just saying abortion is outright banned.
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Just came here to remind people that the right has no moral conscious. If they ever try to morally scold you, it's not because they think what you're doing is wrong. Is because it's effective, and want to discourage you from doing it.

  11. #5431
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    False. Why would I entertain baseless nonsense as an argument? There's no medical impact on others, and their emotional concerns do not matter one white.
    Yes it does. That means insurance money that can be used for saving person ends up wasted for abortion because of some people's mistakes. That does have an impact on other people. As Chinese government pointed out, abortion has largely wasted tons of resources and money of insurance.

  12. #5432
    Immortal unfilteredJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Seagrove Beach, FL
    Posts
    7,680
    This bad thing that has no bearing on the conversation is an important reason to not have abortion says obvious troll account.

    Someone is making a killing on clown shoes.
    Blessed are the fornicates, may we bend down to be their whores. Blessed are the rich, may our labor deliver them more.
    Blessed are the envious; bless the slothful, the wrathful, the vain. Blessed are the gluttonous, may they feast us to famine and war.
    What of the pious, the pure of heart, the peaceful, the meek, the mourning, and the merciful? All doomed, all doomed

  13. #5433
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Again, I feel like China would be way better off addressing the cultural norms that led to this. As I'm aware of it, the onus of taking care of the elderly is not on the government but weighs heavily on male children. You're basically expected to be the bread winner for you, your spouse, your children, your parents, and in many cases your spouse's parents if they never had a son.

    I imagine men in China would be far more appreciative of relief of that onus than just saying abortion is outright banned.
    The problem is that without a banning on abortion, how would you fix it finally? You cannot easily change the cultural. The only thing you could do is pushing a hard line.

  14. #5434
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    74,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-lifer View Post
    I am not pushing disinfo. Some countries do have cultural issues that need ban abortion. I do not know the situation in Canada.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex-selective_abortion

    As Wikipedia and many other documents shown in the Wikipedia, the phenomenon of sex-selection or even race-selection happens in Canada too.
    It's not grounds to ban abortion. That's what makes it disinfo. China might have a problem, it doesn't exist in any significant measure in Canada, and it isn't an argument against abortion rights.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-lifer View Post
    Yes it does. That means insurance money that can be used for saving person ends up wasted for abortion because of some people's mistakes. That does have an impact on other people. As Chinese government pointed out, abortion has largely wasted tons of resources and money of insurance.
    That's what insurance is for. It's not an error that needs fixing.


  15. #5435
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    This bad thing that has no bearing on the conversation is an important reason to not have abortion says obvious troll account.

    Someone is making a killing on clown shoes.
    I would like to hear opinions of people like you who believe abortion is just 100% of women's choice that is something I disagree fundamentally. I am a pro-lifer mainly because of I do not see how you fix the issue of sex-selective abortion when you do not ban abortion.

  16. #5436
    Immortal unfilteredJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Seagrove Beach, FL
    Posts
    7,680
    Someone else’s mistake.

    There it is. Naked and unmasked.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-lifer View Post
    I would like to hear opinions of people like you who believe abortion is just 100% of women's choice that is something I disagree fundamentally. I am a pro-lifer mainly because of I do not see how you fix the issue of sex-selective abortion when you do not ban abortion.
    Didn’t ask.
    Blessed are the fornicates, may we bend down to be their whores. Blessed are the rich, may our labor deliver them more.
    Blessed are the envious; bless the slothful, the wrathful, the vain. Blessed are the gluttonous, may they feast us to famine and war.
    What of the pious, the pure of heart, the peaceful, the meek, the mourning, and the merciful? All doomed, all doomed

  17. #5437
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    74,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-lifer View Post
    I would like to hear opinions of people like you who believe abortion is just 100% of women's choice that is something I disagree fundamentally. I am a pro-lifer mainly because of I do not see how you fix the issue of sex-selective abortion when you do not ban abortion.
    It's not a problem that needs fixing. It's an issue you're trying to use as a wedge to attack women's basic human rights.


  18. #5438
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's not grounds to ban abortion. That's what makes it disinfo. China might have a problem, it doesn't exist in any significant measure in Canada, and it isn't an argument against abortion rights.
    So banning abortion can have a reason rather than religious reason right? Like preventing sex-selection.


    That's what insurance is for. It's not an error that needs fixing.
    Insurance is not for paying for someone's mistakes either. There will always be situations in the insurance which they do not cover. Many insurance never covers earthquakes or some nature disasters.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's not a problem that needs fixing. It's an issue you're trying to use as a wedge to attack women's basic human rights.
    Then you believe women has a basic human right to selective abort his babies based on race, sex or other discriminations?

  19. #5439
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    35,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-lifer View Post
    The problem is that without a banning on abortion, how would you fix it finally? You cannot easily change the cultural. The only thing you could do is pushing a hard line.
    Banning abortion outright is also pushing at a hard line. All be it a hard line that's easier to push because men are all too ready and willing to give up women's bodily autonomy because it doesn't affect them.

    Give elderly people an income to live off of and health care. Again, I imagine males in China would be far more appreciative to have that burden off their shoulders than simply giving up someone else's rights.
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Just came here to remind people that the right has no moral conscious. If they ever try to morally scold you, it's not because they think what you're doing is wrong. Is because it's effective, and want to discourage you from doing it.

  20. #5440
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    74,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-lifer View Post
    So banning abortion can have a reason rather than religious reason right? Like preventing sex-selection.
    It's not a reason to ban abortion in the first place, so you're not making a valid argument.

    Insurance is not for paying for someone's mistakes either. There will always be situations in the insurance which they do not cover. Many insurance never covers earthquakes or some nature disasters.
    I get that you really want to force women through unwanted pregnancies, but your personal fetishes aren't arguments. An unintended pregnancy would give no argument against abortion coverage.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-lifer View Post
    Then you believe women has a basic human right to selective abort his babies based on race, sex or other discriminations?
    If you're going to ignore medical ethics, then if the choice is between "ban abortions" or"allow sex-selective abortions", there's only one reasonable answer, and it's to support abortion rights. The issue with sex-selective abortions are that the motive is aesthetic, not medical. That's it. The patient still wants to be pregnant and have a child.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •