Page 3 of 390 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    So using the above logic...where do we stop?

Should we remove gay rights and leave it to the states?

Should only certain states recognize Inner-racial marriages

Like its insane how badly thought out this line of thinking is and is going to end up being a MASSIVE can of worms.
    You misunderstand me, gay marriage, abortion, interracial marriage, ARE ALL constitutionally protected thanks to the 14th amendment.

tehdang is thinking this is over and done with, it isn't. You are responding to the wrong person.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    So using the above logic...where do we stop?

Should we remove gay rights and leave it to the states?

Should only certain states recognize Inner-racial marriages

Like its insane how badly thought out this line of thinking is and is going to end up being a MASSIVE can of worms.
    Marriage might actually be well protected because of the Full Faith and Credit clause, which essentially recognizes that one state must recognize another state's marriage. Of course, we'll have to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    States can still legislate abortion. It just won't be managed by the federal government.
    Thats great until Texas makes it illegal to go to Colorado to have an abortion, or overzealous cops assume my miscarriage is an illegal abortion, or doctors becaomse so terrified of being prosecuted of performing an abortion they rather let me die instead ofg abort a dying (but not yet dead) fetus a la Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Not if this leaked memo is accurate and represents the majority. The SCOTUS literally defines what is constitutionally protected and what is not. I fear that it actually will be.
    It isn't surprising the court is biased. There is a reason that Roe V Wade went the way it was in 73. The 14th amendment was used, same with Obergefell, and Loving V Virginia.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Expect to see a lot of women taking "daytrips" to Canada and Mexico once this passes.
    Except some deep red states also want to criminalize crossing state lines to procure an abortion. Which, on its face, should be blatantly constitutional, but moreover, is a solution only for women of means who can make day trips.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    States can still legislate abortion. It just won't be mandated by the federal government. So I guess abortion will be against the law in all red states.
    That will be the outcome if this leaked memo is accurate and the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Yeah, no. McConnell wouldn't have allowed for a vote on a replacement under any circumstances.
    In Obama's presidency they wouldn't have had a choice if she retired in 2009 as he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Thats great until Texas makes it illegal to go to Colorado to have an abortion, or overzealous cops assume my miscarriage is an illegal abortion, or doctors becaomse so terrified of being prosecuted of performing an abortion they rather let me die instead ofg abort a dying (but not yet dead) fetus a la Ireland
    Yeh Texas went 100x overboard that jts actually ridiculous and disgusting.

RBG was already 75 years old when Obama was first elected. She was plenty old enough to retire. I know people love her, but like I've said before she was incredibly selfish. It was an enormous mistake and now a lot of people are going to be forced to admit that even though they've spent the past several years pretending it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Why can't you guys just seperate into 50 different countries if you can't all live by the same laws?
    Then the states supporting these would also be the ones backing the messed up economic policies and would largely go bankrupt and then blame the others and try and invade them for the money and resources.

Would he cool to see this system setup but largely would require a mechanism to keep them from waging war on the other half.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

And would the 14th amendment protect babies still in the womb? Don't they have inalienable rights too?
    Unborn Babies have inalienable rights?
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Unborn Babies have inalienable rights?
    More rights than women soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

States can still legislate abortion. It just won't be mandated by the federal government. So I guess abortion after 13 weeks will be against the law in all red states.

And would the 14th amendment protect babies still in the womb? Don't they have inalienable rights too?
    If fetuses had rights, we'd issue them SSNs and they'd count as dependents on our tax returns. We'd charge people with double murder for the murder of a woman 2 weeks pregnant.

Any reasonable person can see those things for what they are: absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    At what point does the right of the mother supercede the right to life of the baby?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    It's going to get worse. They are going to start charging women who get abortions with homicide of some kind.

At what point does the right of the mother supercede the right to life of the baby?
    It's not a baby.

How do you force women to carry an unwanted child? Do you lock them up or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    It's not a baby.
    So 8 months and 3 weeks is fine to abort? Not a real baby?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    How do you force women to carry an unwanted child? Do you lock them up or something?
    Should women be allowed to kill their children if they don't like them then?

The point where the fetus doesn’t possess consciousness or emotions while the mother does.

If the fetus is nothing but a gloried vaginal infection at that stage, they don’t really count as a sentient life.

Unless you are saying that unplugging someone who is in a persistent vegetative state is murder as they have an even greater claim than that fetus as they still have enough brain function to partially run the body that has actually developed.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's going to get worse. They are going to start charging women who get abortions with homicide of some kind.
    Imagine someone getting charged with murder because they went and got surgery to survive an ectopic pregnancy.

This is going to be so fucked up.
    confirmed by my uncle nitnendo and masahiro samurai