Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    I'd love to hear someone that actually believes in what that filling is claiming to argue how the freedom to do something is conflicting with the first amendment.
    I believe the arguments would be -

"It treads upon our First Amendment right to exert religious control over peoples bodies."

and

"We're arguing for fetal personhood on this one narrow issue so the Fourteenth is applicable, but please don't ask us any questions outside of the strict confines of this narrow application of this interpretation as that would be terribly difficult and complicated to get into because we just haven't thought about it at all."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I believe the arguments would be -

"It treads upon our First Amendment right to exert religious control over peoples bodies."
    It'd be exactly like arguing that the first amendment is in the way of their first amendment rights. XD

I'd love to see someone try that...

"You can't have a 'super right' that precludes any and all attempts to legislate it!"
    "What about the Second Amendment?"
    "That's different! We like that one."

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    It'd be exactly like arguing that the first amendment is in the way of their first amendment rights. XD

I'd love to see someone try that...
    Maybe the lady that testified to a House Committee that Washington D.C. is powered by burning aborted fetuses is available to make that case. Though I don't believe she's has legal training or a license to practice law, so they'd have to speed her through law school real quick and then make sure she passed the appropriate Bar exam etc.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1722270703096148078

Fox News, lamenting that people "don't care as much" about issues like inner city crime or border security but that they really do care about abortion rights and access to reproductive health care.

Steve Doocey, occasionally a smart cookie, correctly notes that every time the issue of abortion access and rights to bodily autonomy have been on the ballot that Democrats have won. And correctly noting that Republicans are continuing to try to put the issue on the ballots for 2024, and are likely to face similar losses.

I'm again reminded of the analogy of the dog finally catching the car they were chasing and not knowing what to do next. Let's look back a short year ago on this - https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...g-roe-00042387

Republicans finally got the Roe v. Wade decision they wanted, and in public, they are delighted.

More quietly, however, according to interviews with more than a dozen Republican strategists and party officials, they just didn’t want it to come right now — not during a midterm election campaign in which nearly everything had been going right for the GOP.

“This is not a conversation we want to have,” said John Thomas, a Republican strategist who works on House campaigns across the country. “We want to have a conversation about the economy. We want to have a conversation about Joe Biden, about pretty much anything else besides Roe … This is a losing issue for Republicans.”
    Yet since then, Republicans have consistently pushed to make it an issue for voters. And when they've been worried that they might lose, they've tried to ratfuck that process.

But it’s a victory that will almost certainly come at a cost. In Republican circles, a consensus has been forming for weeks that the court’s overturning of a significant — and highly popular — precedent on a deeply felt issue will be a liability for the party in the midterms and beyond, undercutting Republicans to at least some degree with moderates and suburban women.
    Yep, that's sure born out so far.

“The only thing [Democrats] have got going for them is the Roe thing, which is what, 40 years of settled law that will be changed that will cause some societal consternation,” said the former congressman, granted anonymity to speak candidly. “And can they turn that into some turnout? I think the answer is probably ‘Yes.’”

“Maybe instead of losing 45 seats, they lose 30,” he said, while at a minimum, “there will be a few seats that Republicans would have won without [the abortion rights decision], and they may not win them now.”
    Ooph, this was wrong back then and it's even more hilariously wrong now. It's not surprising how wildly out of touch Republicans are from the general electorate on this topic.

“You go to any diner in America, and nobody’s talking about this,” said Dave Carney, a national Republican strategist based in New Hampshire. “That’s not what’s driving the conversation. Real people, working people, people who vote, are talking about the incompetence of the president, and then they go down the list of six or seven things,” including the rising price of goods and the recent baby formula shortage.
    I actually forgot about the baby formula shortage! But not this topic which is still in the news.

Every poll and political strategist of both parties would suggest that any other issue this year is riper for Republicans to exploit and that, politically, there is little upside for the GOP in the shifting focus to Roe.

Still, Heckman said, “We can’t choose when the Supreme Court acts, and certainly the left will come roaring out of the starting gate, as they’ve indicated they will. So, we just have to engage and present the other side.”

He added, “I think it’s a case we can win.”
    So far, it is a case that they have consistently lost as their arguments have been consistently poor and their tactics consistently dishonest.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/AndrewJTobias/st...80390066684332

Ohio House Speaker Jason Stephens: “I remain steadfastly committed to protecting life, and that commitment is unwavering. The legislature has multiple paths that we will explore to continue to protect innocent life. This is not the end of the conversation.
    The voters have spoken but I don't like what they said so I'm just gonna ignore it and do the exact opposite of what a literal majority of voters in the state clearly want. - Republicans, consistently.

Biggest takeaway from Virginia elections is that voters don't trust GOP politicians when it comes to abortion.

Unlike 2022, voters in 2024 clearly made the connection that voting for GOP candidates = abortion bans.

Youngkin 15 weeks ban + exceptions may sound reasonable on paper. However, voters simply don't trust GOP politicians not to turn that one inch that they were given into a mile.

It looks like a majority of Americans don’t like the rape and incest thing

Fox & Friends continues to grapple with the losses last night and the continued clear message that voters do not want Republicans legislating reproductive health care access. They sometimes just have such a way with words, credit to Lawrence Jones for this one.

Fuller context -

“You gotta talk directly to the people; you gotta give and take on some issues," proposed co-host Lawrence Jones during a discussion about polling differences between abortion and other hot-button issues. “It looks like a majority of Americans don’t like the rape and incest thing,” he added. “Donald Trump got a lot of pushback from the Republican base that he wasn’t strong enough even though he helped overturn Roe v. Wade with his appointment of judges. But it looks like he’s in the majority when it comes to American voters, and he’s not getting a ding when it comes to the national polling.

House Republican leadership is hoping to pass the Financial Services and General Government appropriations bill this week.

Is there a problem? Yep. Some bright GOP politicians included a provision to restrict federal funding from being used to enforce City of Washington D.C.'s Reproductive Health Nondiscrimination Act, a 2014 law that prohibits employers from discriminating against employees who seek an abortion or contraception.

What do some Republicans reps think about the provision? "We're just sick of every appropriations bill being a vehicle for some off the wall abortion policy," Rep. John Duarte (R-Calif.)

https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/...ld-be-ignored/

In the wake of the election, Prichard posted a tweet urging the government in Ohio to simply “ignore the results of the election” because “direct democracy should not exist.”

Just another example of elected Republican officials engaging in antidemocratic, authoritarian rhetoric and demanding that America suffer under a tyranny of the actual minority - them.

Just another example of elected Republican officials engaging in antidemocratic, authoritarian rhetoric and demanding that America suffer under a tyranny of the actual minority - them.
    They don't want to represent, they want to rule.

10+ Year Old Account

Also that same official being a lying sack of shit who's making up fantastical tales that are not true to try and appeal to the emotions of morons delusional enough to mistake his fantasies for reality.

If you equate abortion with "murdering babies", you're an idiot and a clown and deserve nothing but abject and unending mockery for your shitheaded views. It's the same kind of malarkey as young-earth Creationism or flat-eartherism. You made up obvious bullshit only morons would fall for.

Shit i thought our Tories are dogshit but my god that guy should not be able to open the door to public office let alone serve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    Shit i thought our Tories are dogshit but my god that guy should not be able to open the door to public office let alone serve.
    He's a representative of the worst of the American populace. A large dangerously stupid part of the American populace.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    He's a representative of the worst of the American populace. A large dangerously stupid part of the American populace.
    And their vote is worth the same as yours. Possibly more on account of gerrymandering.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Just seeing the phrase "conception is the consequence of sex" is such misogynistic bullshit.
    What world are you living in?? Isn't that biology?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    There are many good reasons why women are more likely to stay single these days, and incels don't seem to understand the more they hate women the more they push them away.
    well. Many more men are single. Very few women are single according to statistics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I think Democrats finally found their wedge issue in abortion. We saw this over and over again in multiple elections.

It is likely that at least 8 abortion referendums will be on the ballot in 2024. One in Florida. It needed 891,523 signatures by 12/31/2023. According to Florida Women’s Freedom Coalition they currently already have over 700,000 signatures and hoping to reach 1.5M by December. Their lawyer submitted the ballot language to Florida’s Supreme Court for review on August 31, 2023.

How do Floridians feel about abortion? According to Florida Atlantic University poll in 2022, 67% of Floridians are of the opinion that abortion should be legal in all or most cases. Overwhelming majority want exceptions for rape, incest and human trafficking.

When it comes to the current 6-week ban, 75% of Floridians are against the ban according to February 2023 poll from University of North Florida. Including 61% of Republican voters.

2024 election will be interesting.
    lol. Democrats are useless bro when it is in Biden's term abortion rights are taken away. I can guarantee you the 2024 election won't change anything no matter who gets elected. Abortion rights and women's "freedom" in general will be further restricted.

The fact is that the entire ruling class in the USA wants abortion to go away. Not just Republicans, but Democrats too.
    If you do think Democrats want to protect your abortion rights, they would assassinate the SCOTUS members immediately just like they assassinated Kennedy.

They are the same people in Washington.
    Last edited by wwdorumdr; 2023-11-09 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wwdorumdr View Post
    The reality in which people take preventative measures specifically to avoid conception. The reality in which one or both partners might be incapable of reproduction due to infertility etc.

Like, are you familiar with how much fucking old people at retirement homes do? Because it can be a lot, occasionally you see stories pop up of STD's running rampant through a retirement community. Because everyone's old, some are still horny, and ain't nobody conceiving a child as a consequence of their sex.

Yes, it's a line that's regularly offered by misogynists and usually only misogynists.

- - - Updated - - -

well. Many more men are single. Very few women are single according to statistics.
    Yea but incels do not deserve respect either and actually should be talked to like the filth they are. Who would have thought that trying to prop up people who want to limit their privacy would make them exclude more people who only value power. My partner and i use contraception because neither one of us wants children who then will limit the freedom we currently enjoy.

Also congrats to the state that protected abortion which to my understanding makes it almost impossible to curb now correct?
    Last edited by jeezusisacasual; 2023-11-09 at 07:41 PM.

lol. Democrats are useless bro when it is in Biden's term abortion rights are taken away. I can guarantee you the 2024 election won't change anything no matter who gets elected. Abortion rights and women's "freedom" in general will be further restricted.
    Are you aware of why that happened? Because it seems you think that Joe did that. Joe did not, in fact, do that. I don't think you're very informed on this topic.

The fact is that the entire ruling class in the USA wants abortion to go away. Not just Republicans, but Democrats too.
    Citation needed*

If you do think Democrats want to protect your abortion rights, they would assassinate the abortion ban lawyers just like they killed Kennedy.
    Ok, righto then.

They are the same people in Washington.
    Narrator: They were not, but many people of bad faith and ignorance still repeated this.

The reality in which people take preventative measures specifically to avoid conception. The reality in which one or both partners might be incapable of reproduction due to infertility etc.

Like, are you familiar with how much fucking old people at retirement homes do? Because it can be a lot, occasionally you see stories pop up of STD's running rampant through a retirement community. Because everyone's old, some are still horny, and ain't nobody conceiving a child as a consequence of their sex.

Yes, it's a line that's regularly offered by misogynists and usually only misogynists.
    No no no. I mean "conception is the consequence of sex" is biology and that is how human race reproduced itself. Unscientific feminist's view on treating everything as socially constructed is totally unscientific and false.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only in the sense that dying from infection is the consequence to getting a cut.

The reality is that modern medicine provides solutions to these kinds of problems.

Just really not the case, and an example of poor statistics combined with failure to grasp social differences. https://ifstudies.org/blog/theres-no...g-young-adults

Are you aware of why that happened? Because it seems you think that Joe did that. Joe did not, in fact, do that. I don't think you're very informed on this topic.

Citation needed*
    Then tell me why abortion was taken away under the Biden administration, not under trump.

Narrator: They were not, but many people of bad faith and ignorance still repeated this.
    It is not false. It is very real. That is called historical materialism. It is not a faith. What you are saying is that without Hilter there won't be a WW2.

The fact is that the material base for abortion keeps getting attacked for many years to the point they went away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Only in the sense that dying from infection is the consequence to getting a cut.
    Still. Conception is the consequence of sex and that is how human being as an animal reproduce itself.