1. #1201
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    19,590
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kis...el=PBSNewsHour

    Listening to terrible misinformation, and uno reverse cards. This is terrifying.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  2. #1202
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kis...el=PBSNewsHour

    Listening to terrible misinformation.
    It's not misinformation. Let's call it what it is. Lies.

  3. #1203
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    19,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    It's not misinformation. Let's call it what it is. Lies.
    Agreed. A R-Senator was speaking when I posted the link, and he claims that only 19% of American's support legal abortion. No idea where he gets that number from, but it is quite different from the numbers i've heard.

    Then a moment ago, another was going on about the energy crisis. Which has nothing to do with the topic being discussed. But I think that speaks to his PoV: "Not even worth discussing."
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  4. #1204
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Agreed. A R-Senator was speaking when I posted the link, and he claims that only 19% of American's support legal abortion. No idea where he gets that number from, but it is quite different from the numbers i've heard.

    Then a moment ago, another was going on about the energy crisis. Which has nothing to do with the topic being discussed. But I think that speaks to his PoV: "Not even worth discussing."
    I think it's well a known fact that 72.6% of statistics are made up on the spot.

  5. #1205
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    No idea where he gets that number from
    Obviously, he could be lying.

    But he was more likely citing this recent Pew Research result incorrectly. It is true, 19% say abortion should be legal in all circumstances.

    But!

    He left out that 61% said all or most circumstances. 38% said illegal in all or most circumstances. The majority easily goes pro-choice.

    So, he either made it up (liar), intentionally misquoted it (liar), or read the article but was too stupid to understand it (stupid). Maybe some of our resident Trump supporters can weigh in?

  6. #1206
    Immortal Darththeo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    7,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Obviously, he could be lying.

    But he was more likely citing this recent Pew Research result incorrectly. It is true, 19% say abortion should be legal in all circumstances.

    But!

    He left out that 61% said all or most circumstances. 38% said illegal in all or most circumstances. The majority easily goes pro-choice.

    So, he either made it up (liar), intentionally misquoted it (liar), or read the article but was too stupid to understand it (stupid). Maybe some of our resident Trump supporters can weigh in?
    Here is also the kicker with that study. It does not define ANY circumstances when it asks.

    The question is literally: Do you think abortion should be:

    And the choices are Legal All, Legal Most, Illegal Most, and Illegal All while there is an option not spoken where they'll accept no opinion.

    Pro-choice people exist in 3 of the groups while Pro-life would only ever answer 2.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  7. #1207
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It does not define ANY circumstances
    I didn't read that far, shame on me, but yes, that's pretty alarming. You're right, if you said "abortion should be legal if otherwise the mother dies in agony" you are not pro-life.

  8. #1208
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    19,590
    Fairly certain I hear protesting in the halls during this session lol
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  9. #1209
    Immortal Darththeo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    7,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I didn't read that far, shame on me, but yes, that's pretty alarming. You're right, if you said "abortion should be legal if otherwise the mother dies in agony" you are not pro-life.
    There are people who just don't know that most abortions are 1st Trimester (over 60%) and about half of abortions are induced miscarriages (chemical). This is because the anti-abortion crowd only talk about the later abortions, so people think those abortions are "most cases."

    I literally give CDC and other data on abortion to people from multiple sources, they have nothing but the stories people tell online as their evidence.

    So I fully expect that a good portion of "Illegal Most cases" are people who support legal abortions, but have been lead to believe a lie on when most abortions occur.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  10. #1210
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    This is because the anti-abortion crowd only talk about the later abortions, so people think those abortions are "most cases."
    Third trimester abortions are exceptionally rare, not even 1%.

    If the only way anyone (such as a disingenuous pro-lifer) can make their point is with hyperbole, then they don't have a point.

  11. #1211
    Immortal Darththeo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    7,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Third trimester abortions are exceptionally rare, not even 1%.

    If the only way anyone (such as a disingenuous pro-lifer) can make their point is with hyperbole, then they don't have a point.
    Yep, that is all they have. They ignore 1st Trimester abortions nearly all together despite most abortions happening then. And focus solely on the 2nd Trimester and beyond. I was told I was lying when I said about half to just over half of abortions are just chemically induced, because pro-lifers don't talk about those.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  12. #1212
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Yep, that is all they have. They ignore 1st Trimester abortions nearly all together despite most abortions happening then. And focus solely on the 2nd Trimester and beyond. I was told I was lying when I said about half to just over half of abortions are just chemically induced, because pro-lifers don't talk about those.
    I doubt such stats exist, but I am curious how many accidental miscarriages are due to preventable circumstances, like getting in a wreck while not wearing your seatbelt. Because unless you push for that to be manslaughter or some variant thereof, you're not really pro-life.

    I bet it's 1% which means they should be marching in the streets about accidental miscarriages.

  13. #1213
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If she meant business she’d support nuking the filibuster. Nah, she means to put on a show and that’s about it.

    Edit: “that lady” is Sinema, in case anyone is confused.
    I had a suspicion it was her. She does love her colorful getups, shame she's a worthless idiot who only seems to care about fundraising.

  14. #1214
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If she meant business she’d support nuking the filibuster. Nah, she means to put on a show and that’s about it.

    Edit: “that lady” is Sinema, in case anyone is confused.
    Well you have to make sure you have a great income stream after your term is over and i am very sure most people would do exactly as she is doing. Why say no to more more money in your future. She is a dogshit taco honestly.

  15. #1215
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Third trimester abortions are exceptionally rare, not even 1%.

    If the only way anyone (such as a disingenuous pro-lifer) can make their point is with hyperbole, then they don't have a point.
    It is my understanding that most late-term abortions are related to either stillborn and mother's life at risk cases.

  16. #1216
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    19,590
    49 Agree that women have the right to decide for themselves. 51 Disagree.

    It is ruled that women's wombs are the property of the US government.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  17. #1217
    Senate voted to codify and was defeated 51-49. Manchin voted with the Republicans.

    I just hate this dog and pony show. Feckless Dems pulling this shit with no chance of winning. Oh btw the typical passive, aggressive Dems using this as "we got them on record" and lets vote and fundraise against it is week. Effin Dems!

    Murkowski and Collins voted "No" with Republicans. Shocking! They supposedly did their own water downed bill. Manchin too stated that the Dem bill gave tooooooo much leniency on abortion.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

  18. #1218
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Tie-dyed pink shirt, rainbow skirt, bright pink sneakers… that lady means business.

    I love it lol


    Channeling that Hunger Games energy before she helps create Gilead.

  19. #1219
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    19,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post


    Channeling that Hunger Games energy before she helps create Gilead.
    If I heard correctly, she actually voted in favor of the bill. I was quite surprised.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  20. #1220
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Senate voted to codify and was defeated 51-49. Manchin voted with the Republicans.

    I just hate this dog and pony show. Feckless Dems pulling this shit with no chance of winning. Oh btw the typical passive, aggressive Dems using this as "we got them on record" and lets vote and fundraise against it is week. Effin Dems!

    Murkowski and Collins voted "No" with Republicans. Shocking! They supposedly did their own water downed bill. Manchin too stated that the Dem bill gave tooooooo much leniency on abortion.
    Manchin bending Manchin...but Murkoswki and Collins can both kill themselves...in Minecraft!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    If I heard correctly, she actually voted in favor of the bill. I was quite surprised.
    Well, she's still blocking the filibuster reform. So her doing her little act to show her empathy for the plebs of the Districts rings a wee bit hollow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •