Quote Originally Posted by Miffinat0r View Post
    This is libertarians who chose pure ideology over religion.

Religious libertarians are adamantly opposed to abortions.
    Then they are not libertarians. They just hate taxes. If you are a libertarian you are against the state telling people what to do with their bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Which is the point... unless its taxes they have little.to say when ostensible they should be allies for the pro life cause. Again Ohio, a political conception should have rights but individual woman can and will be denied rights.
    I still have no idea why you said "I find the silence of so called libertarians defeaning." Who? Did I miss somebody in this forum? Did you have a particular libertarian in mind?
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Then they are not libertarians. They just hate taxes. If you are a libertarian you are against the state telling people what to do with their bodies.
    Hmf...as someone else put it, ask 10 libertarians in a room what "libertarianism" is and you can receive 12 different answers, and all of them contradictory.

Actually came across something that is interesting and you can use as a response to a
    Christians agreeing with this.

Simply point out that Bible verses 5:11-28 is about the Bible condoning a couple getting rid of an unwanted pregnancy and giving them steps to induce a miscarriage.

It’s about an unfaithful wife and how to handle it and has the steps on getting a priest to help kill the baby if it wasn’t the husbands.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Actually came across something that is interesting and you can use as a response to a

Simply point out that Bible verses 5:11-28 is about the Bible condoning a couple getting rid of an unwanted pregnancy and giving them steps to induce a miscarriage.

It’s about an unfaithful wife and how to handle it and has the steps on getting a priest to help kill the baby if it wasn’t the husbands.
    But you see, we don't like that part in the Bible, so it's an allegory, and can be safely discarded or be made to mean something else entirely. The parts we like are true and are taken literally.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Modern day Christians pick and choose what to follow to suit their political/ideology of the day.

Catholics kinda do this but not to the same egregious degree that Evangelicals do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    I still have no idea why you said "I find the silence of so called libertarians defeaning." Who? Did I miss somebody in this forum? Did you have a particular libertarian in mind?
    All the ones who cry about personal liberty but remain silent. Its not hard man. Actually I can extend this to literally all conservatives who ostensible make the same arguments from time to time. Even more broadly then that,the notion that the states have rights but evidently actually people do not is disgusting.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2022-07-05 at 04:42 PM.

All the ones who cry about personal liberty but remain silent. Its not hard man. Actually I can extend this to literally all conservatives who ostensible make the same arguments from time to time. Even more broadly then that,the notion that the states have rights but evidently actually people do not is disgusting.
    Yes, but you see, women are not people.

It doesn't matter if it's a 10 year old child raped by her father carrying her own sister, or a 40 year old mother of 3 who between her and her husband have 3 and a half jobs to make ends meet. What matters is that women must be punished for sex. All sex. It's their fault.

For the record, it's in Book of Numbers. Without that, the verse reference is ambiguous.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    For the record, it's in Book of Numbers. Without that, the verse reference is ambiguous.
    It’s also in the King James I have read.

5:11-31
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Numbers is the title of a book in the Bible, which the story you referenced is found in.

King James is a translation version of the Bible and, on it's own, would not help someone find the story.

Yes, but it's specifically Numbers 5:11-31. Just saying 5:11-31 by itself doesn't tell you which book it's in.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Yes, but it's specifically Numbers 5:11-31. Just saying 5:11-31 by itself doesn't tell you which book it's in.
    My bad, had to research which book exactly. Not a religious person myself.

Elizabeth Nolan Brown has been covering abortion/gender/sex work/etc stuff for reason for a long time. I imagine there are others but she's the one libertarian that comes to mind

https://reason.com/people/elizabeth-nolan-brown/

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    GQP moving on to new dictator, rights will continue to vanish.

Trump is on the outs, maybe, depending on how many felonies he's charged with. For those that don't know, the Trump family while holding the White House hostage for four years, essentially took over the GQP purse strings, and basically controls who gets a lot of the campaign money (thank you Citizens United). Which is why he remains "relevant" even while being almost certainly literally insane.

So the Fascist March by the GQP will continue into the 2020's and 2030's, depending on how many voter disenfranchisement laws they can get passed.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    GQP moving on to new dictator, rights will continue to vanish.

Trump is on the outs, maybe, depending on how many felonies he's charged with. For those that don't know, the Trump family while holding the White House hostage for four years, essentially took over the GQP purse strings, and basically controls who gets a lot of the campaign money (thank you Citizens United). Which is why he remains "relevant" even while being almost certainly literally insane.

So the Fascist March by the GQP will continue into the 2020's and 2030's, depending on how many voter disenfranchisement laws they can get passed.
    Rogan is radicalized. Yet, I will talk about corporations, the ultra rich and what I will just group as the suburbs. All of these people will support fascism through voting but more importantly money, so they can get those precious tax cuts and deregulation. So it seems going forward we do have a price for our democracy and fascism. Promise a few percentage off taxes and these people get to tear up liberties at their whim.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogan was always reactionary.

Online Popularism is a one-way ratchet, that always goes right. It requires a lot of capital to create the online brand. Then an ever increasing volume of reactionary bullshit to keep the users addicted.

Older progressives have been warning for years that it's just a newer version of AM radio, with zero regulations.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Why aren't the Democrats airing ads nonstop about the Senators who were complicit in Jan 6, and SCOTUS overturning Roe v. Wade?

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Why aren't the Democrats airing ads nonstop about the Senators who were complicit in Jan 6, and SCOTUS overturning Roe v. Wade?
    Because they're too busy with this:

Well, if you find any libertarians around here or in groups you care to identify, get back to me.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."