The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's almost like literally everyone was telling them this was going to happen.

But it does point to something that I think needs to be hammered home at every opportunity. Abortion access isn't just about the nefarious Leftist desire to destroy families by allowing wanton sluts to sleep around with no consequences. Families that wanted and valued the life they were creating are forced into horrific situations because of this shit.

I guess it doesn't matter, though. Appealing to the alleged humanity of these legislators doesn't work in the case of children being mowed down in their classrooms, so it's not like it's going to work in this situation, either.
    Also the frequency of these stories really puts into perspective how relatively common catastrophic pregnancy complications can be and, again, highlighes how fucking stupid and short-sighted the blanket abortion bans are without dedicating a single goddamn brain cell to understanding how modern medicine even works. Though these are the same dumb fucks who think the COVID Vaccine has a genocide killswitch in it and all but demolished Stem Cell research because aborted cells may have been used at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man I really hope it ends up that Alito actually leaked the draft in order to pressure other justices. Sure it won't result in his removal from the bench, but it'll continue to gut any credibility the Roberts court has and ensure that his court goes down as one of the worst, most compromised courts in US history.
    I'm picturing Roberts handing a beer to Taney.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...n-rights-funds

And in today's Republican self-owns, Matt Gaetz attempt to bully a bodily autonomy activist has hilariously backfired, resulting in the teenager raising over $200K for health care access for pregnant women.

Which is weird, because you'd figure Gaetz would be into teenagers given the investigation into him for child sex trafficking, but I guess he's a picky pedo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I really hope it ends up that Alito actually leaked the draft in order to pressure other justices. Sure it won't result in his removal from the bench, but it'll continue to gut any credibility the Roberts court has and ensure that his court goes down as one of the worst, most compromised courts in US history. And he'll deserve it, fuck Roberts. I hope he still wakes up in a cold sweat, hearing the flush of the toilet from the lawyer making oral arguments in front of the SCOTUS over the phone while taking a shit.
    The court hasn't had any legitimacy for decades now. They literally gave the election to Bush.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

https://truthout.org/articles/republ...ote-in-senate/

Again, as a reminder, it's never been about "protecting life" and always been about controlling women. This also impacts men, however -

On Wednesday, Republican Sen. Joni Ernst (Iowa) blocked Democrats’ attempt to bring their bill to codify the right to contraception to a vote in the Senate, delaying progress on the legislation that 195 House Republicans voted against last week.

The Right to Contraception Act would enshrine federal protections for access to contraceptives like birth control pills, IUDs, condoms, and more. It passed the House last week with the support of all Democrats and only eight Republicans, with widespread GOP opposition suggesting that the party is preparing to launch attacks on birth control access.
    Her objection?

Ernst falsely said that the bill includes unrelated provisions to fund abortion providers and abortifacients — claims that that the bill’s proponents say are patently untrue.
    Because there are no such provisions in the bill at all, it's just an abject lie. The closest they could argue? Republicans simply want to do everything possible to make every sexual encounter between consenting adults as risky as possible, despite there being extensive education programs and preventative measures that ensure that consenting adults can safely engage in whatever sexual activities they so choose in the privacy of their homes.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://truthout.org/articles/republ...ote-in-senate/

Again, as a reminder, it's never been about "protecting life" and always been about controlling women. This also impacts men, however -

Her objection?

Because there are no such provisions in the bill at all, it's just an abject lie. The closest they could argue? Republicans simply want to do everything possible to make every sexual encounter between consenting adults as risky as possible, despite there being extensive education programs and preventative measures that ensure that consenting adults can safely engage in whatever sexual activities they so choose in the privacy of their homes.
    It's just an entire political movement making their shitty sex lives everyone else's problem, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    It's just an entire political movement making their shitty sex lives everyone else's problem, isn't it?
    Pretty much, and it does jive nicely with the "Nobody wants to fuck us!" memes about conservative men finding themselves ostracized by women on dating apps, plus the jokes of, "Ladies, if he tells you he's not political at all he's actually a conservative with awful opinions that he's realized won't get him laid."

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/28/11143...n-z-for-change

That teen that was mocked by Matt Gaetz for "looking like a thumb" and being to ugly to potentially need abortion services? The one that raised over $200K for reproductive rights?

It's up to $725K now. Thanks, pedo Matt Gaetz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much, and it does jive nicely with the "Nobody wants to fuck us!" memes about conservative men finding themselves ostracized by women on dating apps, plus the jokes of, "Ladies, if he tells you he's not political at all he's actually a conservative with awful opinions that he's realized won't get him laid."

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/28/11143...n-z-for-change

That teen that was mocked by Matt Gaetz for "looking like a thumb" and being to ugly to potentially need abortion services? The one that raised over $200K for reproductive rights?

It's up to $725K now. Thanks, pedo Matt Gaetz.
    Over a million now. They hit their goal - https://secure.actblue.com/donate/genzforchoice
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The court hasn't had any legitimacy for decades now. They literally gave the election to Bush.
    True or not, it fucked the country possibly until the end, with Citizens United.

https://fox59.com/indiana-news/attor...ndiana-doctor/

Indiana AG Todd Rokita is still investigating Dr. Caitlin Bernard, despite her following the letter of the law and reporting the rape of the 10 year old girl who had to cross state lines to travel for abortion services and violating no laws.

Apparently there are six "consumer complaints" against the doctor that the AG sent to her. Curiously, none of the six complaints came from actual patients, and only one was actually from Indiana. None of them appear to have even met Dr. Bernard.

Just a reminder: It's all political for Republicans, and the goal is to continue to do everything they can to deny life-saving medical care to 10 year old victims of rape, forcing them instead to risk their own life to carry their rapists fetus to term.

https://fox59.com/indiana-news/attor...ndiana-doctor/

Indiana AG Todd Rokita is still investigating Dr. Caitlin Bernard, despite her following the letter of the law and reporting the rape of the 10 year old girl who had to cross state lines to travel for abortion services and violating no laws.

Apparently there are six "consumer complaints" against the doctor that the AG sent to her. Curiously, none of the six complaints came from actual patients, and only one was actually from Indiana. None of them appear to have even met Dr. Bernard.

Just a reminder: It's all political for Republicans, and the goal is to continue to do everything they can to deny life-saving medical care to 10 year old victims of rape, forcing them instead to risk their own life to carry their rapists fetus to term.
    If American Evangelicals weren't 29% of the voting base in the US; This would not be a discussion.

Politicians are reflections of voters who vote for them. It's simple their voters, who have an oversized influence in state politics because of Gerrymandering, force Republicans to do this.

Same applied to the old South (which lets be real, never changed) The levers of political power are biased toward rural populations, and as I said in another thread as a result rural populations dictate to urban ones what the law is and that's how they like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    yes but that's just a symptom.

the real issue is that between the mid 60 and the late 70s a huge shift happened in the political and cultural paradigms within the republican party, largely having to do with racism and religious zealotry, but the end result is that republicans stopped being a political party engaged in the business of governance for a large developed country, and turned into a cultural movement with a rigid agenda it wanted to impose on everyone regardless of the context or circumstances.

republicans are basically what would happen if for some reason you just made 4chan an equal part of our federal government... like if the US federal government were the house, the senate, and 4chan. whatever policies 4chan decides it wants, it can introduce. and it gets a vote in what laws are passed.

In his Rome speech on religious liberty, Justice Alito mocked "foreign leaders" who condemned his opinion overturning Roe v. Wade, including Boris Johnson, Macron, Trudeau, and ... Prince Harry.

Of Boris, Alito quipped: "He paid the price."

Vid embedded.

So this is a Supreme Court Justice. Justice Samuel Alito. Not a politician or political hack, well. He publicly celebrated that Boris Johnson was removed and than talked about current leaders after the "pay the price" comment on Boris.

Can't get much more political than that for Supreme Court.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    In his Rome speech on religious liberty, Justice Alito mocked "foreign leaders" who condemned his opinion overturning Roe v. Wade, including Boris Johnson, Macron, Trudeau, and ... Prince Harry.

Of Boris, Alito quipped: "He paid the price."

Vid embedded.

So this is a Supreme Court Justice. Justice Samuel Alito. Not a politician or political hack, well. He publicly celebrated that Boris Johnson was removed and than talked about current leaders after the "pay the price" comment on Boris.

Can't get much more political than that for Supreme Court.
    The Court has always been political to imply they are not is silly.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    yes but that's just a symptom.

the real issue is that between the mid 60 and the late 70s a huge shift happened in the political and cultural paradigms within the republican party, largely having to do with racism and religious zealotry, but the end result is that republicans stopped being a political party engaged in the business of governance for a large developed country, and turned into a cultural movement with a rigid agenda it wanted to impose on everyone regardless of the context or circumstances.

republicans are basically what would happen if for some reason you just made 4chan an equal part of our federal government... like if the US federal government were the house, the senate, and 4chan. whatever policies 4chan decides it wants, it can introduce. and it gets a vote in what laws are passed.
    oh I know all that, just injecting some shitty humour into the situation because the news-cycle the last couple months has been absolutely soul crushing and making little funnies is the only way I'm keeping sane.

https://www.mississippifreepress.org...ape-exceptions

U.S. Rep. Michael Guest, R-Miss., is pushing for Congress to adopt a nationwide ban on abortion once cardiac activity becomes detectable, or around the sixth week of pregnancy. The legislation is H.R. 705, The Heartbeat Protection Act.

“Our (U.S. Supreme) Court supports life,” Guest said on the U.S. House floor Monday. He said its decision to allow state abortion bans to go forward in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization last month means “we now have a legal system that has opened the door for a wave of pro-life support.”

Mississippi adopted a similar “heartbeat” law in 2019 that courts quickly blocked, citing the now-defunct Roe v. Wade precedent. While doctors can detect early cardiac activity at six weeks, “heartbeat” is a misnomer because a heart has not formed at that stage.

No Rape, Incest Exceptions

Like the Mississippi law, the federal abortion ban Guest is co-sponsoring includes no exceptions for abortions in cases of rape or incest. It includes a vague exception for “an abortion that is necessary to save the life of a mother whose life is endangered by a physical disorder, physical illness, or physical injury, including a life-threatening physical condition caused or arising from the pregnancy itself, but not including psychological or emotional conditions.”
    Reminder: Republicans don't actually care about "states rights" and it continues to be about controlling women's bodies and denying them reproductive health care.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/20...troops/375150/

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS! Unless they're saying things we don't want to hear, then fuck 'em.

One by one, doctors and active duty U.S. troops pleaded with members of the House Armed Services Committee to do more to help protect access to abortion after the repeal of Roe v. Wade. They shared their stories and offered stark warnings about the challenges service members face accessing abortion already.

An enlisted service member asking to forgo pain management after an abortion to be able to afford the procedure out of pocket. A woman about to start her military career who had to travel to New York to end a pregnancy. A military spouse stationed abroad who fundraised to pay for international flights to get an abortion after finding out her daughter would not survive after birth.

But there were few Republicans in the room to hear their testimonials. Overwhelmingly, the minority party members of the panel did not attend the hearing or ask questions.

“One of the hardest things I do as a physician is tell a family that there is something wrong with their pregnancy,” said Jacqueline Lamme, an ob-gyn and Navy officer, in the committee hearing on Friday. “I’ve had to explain to patients that while ending their pregnancy early was a medical option, it was not something I could legally provide as a military physician and I’ve cried with families after their baby was born and pronounced dead soon afterwards.”

Ghazaleh Moayedi, a civilian ob-gyn who worked near many large military bases, told the story of a patient seeking an abortion after being raped by another service member in Asia. The patient traveled to Hawaii for the procedure because she did not feel safe reporting her assault to her commanding officer.

“It was devastating to see someone dedicated to serving our country abandoned by it,” she said.

While each of these stories happened before the repeal of Roe v. Wade, service members and doctors warned lawmakers that things will only get worse for patients and doctors since the Supreme Court’s decision.

Troops’ access to abortions is limited by the Hyde amendment, which prohibits military facilities from performing abortions except in cases of rape, incest, or elevated risk to the pregnant person’s life. Military health insurance also can not cover abortions in private facilities with the same exceptions. The Defense Department released a memo last month saying military facilities would continue to provide abortions in these limited cases, including in states that have banned the procedure. But troops seeking uncovered abortions unrelated to those exemptions will be required to request leave from duty and then pay for travel to a state that allows the procedure.

Troops are now facing additional restrictions depending on where they are stationed, something over which they have limited control. Some states imposing stricter abortion laws outlaw the procedure even in cases of rape or incest

Rep. Jackie Speier, D-Calif., the chair of the House Armed Services Military Personnel Subcommittee, said more than 100 military facilities are located in states that ban abortion. Another 29 are in states where lawmakers are expected to pass restrictive bans soon.

“We’re creating a real incentive for women not to serve,” Speier said. “It’s almost an insidious effort to encourage women to leave the military.”

Doctors are also wondering what abortion bans will mean for them. Megan Klocek, an ob-gyn at Naval Hospital Guam, worried about being arrested at her off-base home for procedures legally performed at the military medical facility and said the Defense Department’s promise that Justice Department officials will fight for her in court is “not enough.”

“What assurances can you give me that my family will not be torn apart? How is the

question of jurisdiction to be reconciled when NCIS says I haven’t committed a crime, but Guam says I have?” she wrote in testimony submitted to the committee. “It is quite the leap of faith, to hope it will all just work out. Who will care for my patients if my partners and I are in jail?”

A top question at the hearing was whether the Supreme Court’s decision would impact military readiness if troops decided not to join, left the service, or were forced to keep an unwanted pregnancy. Gil Cisneros, the undersecretary of defense for personnel and readiness, told the committee that he believed the Dobbs decision could lead to troops wanting to leave the military over concerns they would be stationed in a state that bans abortion.

“The individual healthcare of our service members is readiness….If they’re not healthy, they won’t be able to perform their duties,” Cisneros said. “I don’t want to say it’s going to affect readiness, but it is a concern we have.”

Both Air Force officers who testified said they would never discourage a young woman from joining the military today, but expressed concern that the next generation will face more challenges than they did. Sharon Arana, an Air Force officer who had an abortion shortly after commissioning in 2009, also said she would not have been able to continue her military career if she did not travel to New York for an abortion.

The hearing on a political issue that typically leads to heated debates was cordial, in part because most Republican members skipped the proceeding. Rep. Mike Gallagher, R-Wis., the subcommittee’s ranking member, questioned the panel of troops and doctors. Rep. Pat Fallon, R-Texas, was recognized during that panel, but declined to ask any questions. No Republicans asked any questions of the second panel of Defense Department officials.

In his remarks, Gallager said the Pentagon should not bow to state laws when deciding where to send troops, but that troops should not be allowed to dodge assignments in any states, either. He asked troops about whether their personal political beliefs should supersede the military’s needs when deciding where to be stationed.

“Our military is predicated on men and women following orders. At times that includes going into harm's way,” Gallagher said in his opening statement. “The Department of Defense and the services therefore should not consider a state’s laws when making decisions regarding service member assignments, nor should service members be empowered to make assignment decisions based on whether they agree with the state’s laws.”

The Air Force officers said they were not asking for troops to be able to reject assignments, but argued that women’s access to healthcare should not be a political issue that changes state by state.

“As I’m a serving member, I am also owed a standard of care,” Arana said. “I have four daughters and I would hesitate to take any of them to a state where I know that their bodily autonomy is not going to be respected.”
    Just a reminder that Republicans don't give a fuck about our guys and gals and nonbinary pals in uniform unless they can weaponize them as a political prop.

Just a reminder that Republicans don't give a fuck about our guys and gals and nonbinary pals in uniform unless they can weaponize them as a political prop.
    It's been a while since one of them was in this thread gloating about abortion bans. I wonder if they still feel it is what they want, or if they like talked to some actual women in the meantime.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    It's been a while since one of them was in this thread gloating about abortion bans. I wonder if they still feel it is what they want, or if they like talked to some actual women in the meantime.
    Perhaps they feel bad due to all of the women dying from lack of medical care because certain medical procedures can no longer be performed on them?

LOL LIKE THAT WOULD EVER HAPPEN.

They're probably very proud and see no reason to come in here. After all, all of the adverse side effects are just fake news.

/s
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    The last one that tried (the loser with the Matt Walsh avatar) got himself an involuntary vacation. Presumably because the Radical Leftist™ mods were scared of the straight facts he was spitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Republicans in West Virginia, now realizing that many more men will be paying child support because they abolished abortion in their state, now also want child support to be abolished.

Of course they won't admit that's why tho... they think it will help stop women from leaving the state and getting an abortion.
    Sweet, so men have zero responsibility in the whole "creation of life" process once they've shot their load.

Tell us your political party hates women and views them as little more than baby-boxes without having to explicitly tell us that, WV Republicans.