Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    If you are abusing your child. You can get reported to CPS. Its a process

Weird as hell ppl here are for children to make decisions that they dont understand abt ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Interesting fact, the Texas GOP platform included abolishing CPS.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Interesting fact, the Texas GOP platform included abolishing CPS.
    Sorta

https://texasgop.org/wp-content/uplo...T-Platform.pdf

Pg. 27

It's very, very, very vague in the platform, but they call for reforming/replacing it. But it's all very dog whistle language, which is surprising given that the rest of the platform is fairly explicit. Since, you know, they were trying to send CPS after the parents of trans kids simply for the kids being trans.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sorta

https://texasgop.org/wp-content/uplo...T-Platform.pdf

Pg. 27

It's very, very, very vague in the platform, but they call for reforming/replacing it. But it's all very dog whistle language, which is surprising given that the rest of the platform is fairly explicit. Since, you know, they were trying to send CPS after the parents of trans kids simply for the kids being trans.
    Oops, my bad. Guess I was getting mixed up with the Department of Education. My mistake.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Weird as hell ppl here are for children to make decisions that they dont understand abt ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    That's because you don't seem the get the context in which this is being argued.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Someone needs to take you to the woodshed, young man.
    Threatening people now? Why am I not fucking surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Threatening people now? Why am I not fucking surprised?
    What's in the woodshed that's threatening? He still hasn't answered my question about what's in the shed : (

Kristi Bradford has endometriosis, a painful chronic condition where tissue that normally grows inside the uterus grows on other parts of the reproductive organs. She just walked away from a $300,000 job based in Oklahoma out of concern for her health.

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update...9110870159360/

I walked away from a $300K salary, because Roe was overturned

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is the same logic used to defend outing children and teens to homophobic parents resulting in them getting kicked out of their house and ending up homeless, FYI.
    I don't think you'll win any arguments presuming all parents to be uncompassionate and deputizing government employees to kick them out of the loop of important life and health decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    When what conservatives call "parenting" is abuse, then yes, that's a perfectly fine excuse to "rob" them of that ability. That last sentence you wrote is meaningless.
    The state robbing parents of good information to help parent their children is a very chilling opinion. You might as well raise a big sign saying, "I think your parenting is abuse, therefore the state should make your parenting decisions for you, and without informing you." I can't force you to acknowledge all the ill effects of turning teenage distrust of authority into cutting parents out of informed parenting of their children.

If you are abusing your child. You can get reported to CPS. Its a process
    I am very disturbed that reporting abuse has turned to presuming abuse, and reacting to the presumption. What do people suppose will happen when the default becomes hiding abortions and changes in sexuality or gender identity from those closest concerned with their children's welfare? How is this debate supposed to proceed when parental notification and parental responsibility is conflated with rape and the beating of children?

NED, these are actual questions, because I don't see these opinions confined to these internet hinterlands.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    I don't think you'll win any arguments presuming all parents to be uncompassionate and deputizing government employees to kick them out of the loop of important life and health decisions.

The state robbing parents of good information to help parent their children is a very chilling opinion. You might as well raise a big sign saying, "I think your parenting is abuse, therefore the state should make your parenting decisions for you, and without informing you." I can't force you to acknowledge all the ill effects of turning teenage distrust of authority into cutting parents out of informed parenting of their children.

I am very disturbed that reporting abuse has turned to presuming abuse, and reacting to the presumption. What do people suppose will happen when the default becomes hiding abortions and changes in sexuality or gender identity from those closest concerned with their children's welfare? How is this debate supposed to proceed when parental notification and parental responsibility is conflated with rape and the beating of children?

NED, these are actual questions, because I don't see these opinions confined to these internet hinterlands.
    Forcing your kid to go through with a pregnancy is abuse.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

The state robbing parents of good information to help parent their children is a very chilling opinion. You might as well raise a big sign saying, "I think your parenting is abuse, therefore the state should make your parenting decisions for you, and without informing you."
    Wait, is the state suddenly not the best to make any and all decisions?

10+ Year Old Account
    All parents? Of course not.

Parents who won't let their child get the abortion they desperately want and which medical professionals approve of? Absolutely.

You keep forgetting that there's context, here. This isn't just a situation where the parents should be "kicked out of important life and health decisions", this is a situation where this child would have solid grounds to plea for emancipation due to parental abuse, if they weren't on such a tight biological schedule (since by the time emancipation works through the legal system, it's likely to be too late).

Yes, parents forcing their kids to bear a pregnancy to term are being abusive. That shouldn't be a difficult concept. It's literally an expression of their personal lack of compassion or basic respect for their child. That's why we judge them accordingly. That doesn't apply to all parents, just these kinds.

The same way it would if we were talking about why parents can't beat their kids bloody with a belt any more. You'd be making the same bullshit arguments there, and they'd be just as horrifyingly pro-abuse.

Again, we're applying the same kinds of standards we would to beating your kids, or molesting them, or any number of other execrable parental abuses. The same horseshit arguments were made in those cases, too, and sorry, but "I really want to be an abusive shithead to my vulnerable children" is never gonna be a valid justification. Yes; when parents are abusive, their parental rights should be taken away from them. Often, permanently. They're demonstrating that they are unfit. This is why we have laws against parents beating their kids or any number of other abuses.

I am very disturbed that reporting abuse has turned to presuming abuse, and reacting to the presumption.
    That's how all things work. If you're accused of a crime, the police investigate and determine if the evidence supports the accusation. It's no different with CPS and parental abuse. That's what you're complaining about. The investigatory process, and protecting potential victims in the meantime.

What do people suppose will happen when the default becomes hiding abortions and changes in sexuality or gender identity from those closest concerned with their children's welfare?
    Why would that ever be the default? Most parents are supportive of their kids' needs.

And to repeat a point; if you're denying your child an abortion, or denying them gender-affirming medical care, you're not concerned with your child's welfare. You're an abuser.

How is this debate supposed to proceed when parental notification and parental responsibility is conflated with rape and the beating of children?
    What's conflated is the act of denying access to needed medical care, for harmful religious reasons. Same reason the kid of a Jehovah's Witness can't be denied a surgery because their parents refuse to let them get blood transfusions. Where Canadian courts, at least, absolutely will step in and appoint a guardian to make such choices and deny their parents any control of the process. Because the interests of the child are far more important to the State than the harmful intent of their parents.

If parents will further abuse the child if they find out they had the treatment, sure, they won't be told. Because of the abuses they'd level upon the child. If you don't want to be cut out of your child's life, stop being an abusive dingbat. It's not that frickin' hard.

The state robbing parents of good information to help parent their children is a very chilling opinion.
    Weren't you one of those "the states should decide"?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    "The states should decide as long as it hurts the people I want it too."
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    I am very disturbed that reporting abuse has turned to presuming abuse
    And I'm very disturbed you seem to have more of an issue with the state intervening where abuse is suspected rather than with the abuse itself.

Conservatives are really terrible at articulating their views in ways that just don't sound awful.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Forcing your kid to go through with a pregnancy is abuse.
    My how parental notification has morphed.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Wait, is the state suddenly not the best to make any and all decisions?
    Just in case people need refreshing, this was about a judge complying with Florida State Law.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I'm happy to have the legislation preserving parent's rights enacted at the state level.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    And I'm very disturbed you seem to have more of an issue with the state intervening where abuse is suspected
    In this case, where abuse is suspected was really just parents ought to be suspected of abuse. Substitute your own standards for suspicion if you're not in league with the abysmal standards evidenced by the other posters I was responding to. I can't read your mind.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

My how parental notification has morphed.
    If it was just about notifying the parents, they'd do it after the procedure.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Anecdotal: a female friend of mine for over twenty years just registered to vote for the first time in her life because of this issue. Having this right taken away is causing her to vote for the first time ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Let's hope this Roe vs Wade decision royally fucks Republicans for a long time to come.

https://twitter.com/tbonier/status/1560597119009955841

Wow. I've been sharing data showing a huge surge in women registering to vote since the 6/24 Dobbs decision. I just started to look at some age and party breakdowns of those new registrants, and the numbers are jaw-dropping.

Starting in PA, where women have accounted for >56% of new registrants in that time period. Those women new registrants are 62%D to 15% R and 54% are under the age of 25. Compare that to men new registrants at 41% <25 and 43% D, 28% R.
    So there's a huge population of new women registering to vote, and most of the majority are both women and Democrat. The numbers are overall a drop in the bucket, but there's higher engagement/registration among Democrat women than there has been in a long long time. I'm not holding my breath but one can hope.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Let's hope this Roe vs Wade decision royally fucks Republicans for a long time to come.
    Yeah, it remains to be seen, but there is every possibility that they shot themselves in the foot with this one. On one hand, it takes the wind out of the sails of the single-issue "vote against the Satanic baby-murdering Demoncrats!!!" demographic. On the other, it gives Dems and Dem voters (or just people who...you know...like the idea of people having basic human rights) something to rally around.

Which is why I figured it wouldn't be repealed anytime soon to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Yeah, it remains to be seen, but there is every possibility that they shot themselves in the foot with this one. On one hand, it takes the wind out of the sails of the single-issue "vote against the Satanic baby-murdering Demoncrats!!!" demographic. On the other, it gives Dems and Dem voters (or just people who...you know...like the idea of people having basic human rights) something to rally around.

Which is why I figured it wouldn't be repealed anytime soon to begin with.
    In one sense it becomes a bit less polarizing for rebulucans because they can chalk this up as a win so maybe some of them are complacent now. They're usually pretty good at firm mongering though.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.