Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Hardly.

We just respect that women are actually people, and thus have the same rights as anyone. Rather than restricting their rights in pursuit of religious subjugation. Which is what pro-life advocates all advocate, every single one of you. Pro-life is about subjugating women into being subhuman brood mares in society, a lower class of human with reduced rights.

Since in any other case where the right to life of one individual runs up against the right to bodily autonomy/self-ownership of another individual, the right to bodily autonomy always trumps right to life of another. Except, for reasons pro-lifers never properly explain, pregnancy. Why is that a special case that requires denying women their basic human rights?

- - - Updated - - -

Not only is the "sex=consent" argument obviously morally reprehensible as fuck, there's a funny thing about consent.

It can be revoked.

If you're arguing you can't revoke consent, then you're not talking about consent at all, you're talking about ways to allow the violation of consent.

Saying "hey, you consented to sex, so you can't get an abortion" is literally the same argument a rapist uses when they say "hey, you consented to coming back to my place for a drink, so you don't get to leave until you fuck me". Literally the exact same absolutely awful reasoning.
    Respect of women? More like the disrespect of human life. There's many pro life woman who would tell you the same

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    So you think a fetus turns into a carrot too huh?
    I'm saying personhood is 100% irrelevant to the question of abortion rights, and the argument that it should be relevant is an intentional and deliberate refusal to acknowledge that women are human beings with rights.

Pro-life positions have nothing to do with the life of the fetus. They're about denying women their human rights.

Hmmm, killing a baby and ridding me of their upbringing or birth? Yeah no that is just laziness via a distorted way of "owning to your consequence".

Burning down your home for insurance would be a way to own up to ur financial troubles right. Though illigal. You get the point
    No. I don't. You're not making any points, here. You're pushing emotional garbage to deflect away from the fundamental attack on women that is your actual purpose, here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    par·a·site
    /ˈperəˌsīt/
    noun
    an organism that lives in or on an organism of another species (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the other's expense.

Literal textbook definition.
    Um yeah that's what I said...

Is a fetus a different species....

10+ Year Old Account
    Respect of women? More like the disrespect of human life. There's many pro life woman who would tell you the same
    Nope. I respect the fuck out of human life. So much I won't deny women their basic humanity.

Which is your entire position.

Again; there is literally no circumstance where one individual's right to life can be argued to trump another person's right to control the use of their own body. Not one. You want to claim pregnancy should be an exception, and you can't make a claim as to why. You keep going back to "but it's a human life", and that's not not an argument. That claim fails in every other case where these rights run up against each other, so why should it be different in the specific case of abortion?

You can't force me to donate blood to save someone's life.
    You can't force me to donate a kidney.
    You can't even harvest this material from my corpse after death unless I gave prior permission.

Because of bodily autonomy. Even if it will save another person's actual life. Even if I were to grant the argument of fetal personhood, it still does not constitute any argument to deny abortion rights. None. And you're not even trying to justify that.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-09-27 at 07:21 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's such a willfully dishonest claim. Pregnancy is wonderful, when you want to be pregnant. It's like consensually kissing someone you love; it's wonderful.

Now, consider how much you enjoy the same kissing when it's the homeless tweaker who lives in the alley and snuck up behind you at the truck stop. But kissing's wonderful! Why do you hate kissing?!

So fucking horrible as an argument.
    All the dude's arguments suck which is why he's ignoring the bits that he can't argue against, or hand-waving them as 'It's not natural tho!'.

I'm pretty sure biology would tell you that terminating a pregnancy is fatal to the fetus.... Which would be killing.

And that's the argument that lefties use. Maybe also heart beat idk. The point is that somehow being at a very early point in human dev somehow means you aren't human and don't deserve rights.

And no the organ donor argument is completely BS. Organ donation is not a normal act by nature. It's all by the donor's good will.

Pregnancy on the other hand is a part of life that's been bastardized by the left as a sort of inconvenience or disease.

- - - Updated - - -

No I'm keeping it clean. Nice that you remember me though.
    Using that stupid argument all use of medicine is an "unnatural" act that we should avoid. Including, funnily enough, saving mothers and babies from the various complications of childbirth.

And pregnancies aren't vilified, forced pregnancies are, much like say sex is great but forced sex is not.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nine of that is 100%. A gamble is a gamble.
    That doesn't make sex consent to pregnancy. It specifically highlights the lack of consent to pregnancy.

Because you know. Protection was used.

Psst, I am not for abortion. However, I am pro-choice as I firmly believe that someone should have the ability to choose what to do with their own body(up to and including suicide) of their own free will. Taking away bodily autonomy, for any reason, is paramount to subjecting someone to slavery for an ideology. You are basically telling them they cannot do something to themselves because of X reason.

Sorry, that fetus does NOT have a right to use the body of another person to sustain itself. If it dies because of that, then so be it. Much like I do not have a right to take the organs of another person in the event mine stop working. If a person wants to expel anything living inside of them, even at the cost of the life of said organism(regardless if it is of human descent), then that is the choice that is made. Otherwise, we should force organ donations by taking organs out of people to give them to others, even if it means the original person has to live with a terminal condition. It would only be fair.

OR, force those who want to demand people be forced to carry to term that those same people who demand said thing be forced to pay, in full, the required care and needs of said life. You demanded it, you pay for it. If that means you have to sell everything and go broke, so be it.

So you think a fetus turns into a carrot too huh?

Hmmm, killing a baby and ridding me of their upbringing or birth? Yeah no that is just laziness via a distorted way of "owning to your consequence".

Burning down your home for insurance would be a way to own up to ur financial troubles right. Though illigal. You get the point
    How do you keep making comparisons to carrots and now you're trying to compare this to burning down your house...yet you somehow think the organ donor comparison is completely irrelevant.

I mean, I know the answer, but I would love to hear the rationality.

Arguments from both side are getting dumber by the minute. It is quite impressive.

Who the hell said that killing your fetus is a human right???

That isn't a right, that's a crime. Jesus...

Honestly it just sounds like penis envy from left women.

They don't like that their consequences force them to get pregnant for not practicing safe sex.

Now big daddy donkey government says, "oh no it's okay you can get rid of your baby via abortion and it's okay since they're just a bunch of cells your not actually killing a person. What's your insurance provider again?"

You know how much money planned Parenthood makes for abortion? Literally the money make for them.

But it's human nature to want the easiest way out of a hard situation. So I get why some people who drink up the sweet lefty juice.

But the truth is the truth. Why else do you guys think that SCOTUS abolished rvw? Because it's not a damn right.

You guys will learn eventually.

There's no point in me continuing to answer all of you directly since it's an entire echo chamber against me.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-09-27 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Arguments from both side are getting dumber by the minute. It is quite impressive.
    And a new contender has entered the ring. Surprising nobody, adds nothing of value to the event.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Um yeah that's what I said...

Is a fetus a different species....
    Right, and I was making a comparison, not calling them literal parasites. I said it's "basically just a parasite", because the only difference is species being the same. It's still an organism living inside a host, deriving nutrients at the other's expense, unable to survive on its own or contribute in any way. Just because it eventually becomes something that can potentially survive (though saying a baby can survive on its own is already fallacious, they just don't immediately die outside the womb) doesn't mean it gets priority over the host (the mother).

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no point in me continuing to answer all of you directly since it's an entire echo chamber against me.
    Whaaa whaaa, you're such a victim ((((

Maybe present a sensible argument not based in ignorance next time.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    And a new contender has entered the ring. Surprising nobody, adds nothing of value to the event.
    I would not say that saying that arguments used are dumb and add nothing to the discussion is adding nothing of value. It is just a call for both sides to calm down and start to use logical and rational argument.

Right, and I was making a comparison, not calling them literal parasites. I said it's "basically just a parasite", because the only difference is species being the same. It's still an organism living inside a host, deriving nutrients at the other's expense, unable to survive on its own or contribute in any way. Just because it eventually becomes something that can potentially survive (though saying a baby can survive on its own is already fallacious, they just don't immediately die outside the womb) doesn't mean it gets priority over the host (the mother).
    That person, and others like them, keep thinking a bunch of women are going "Oops, I got pregnant again. Time to get rid of it. Tee-hee.". Abortion usually is one of the hardest choices for a person who got pregnant. So much so that it can cause depression and other mental illnesses.

Who the hell said that killing your fetus is a human right???

That isn't a right, that's a crime. Jesus...

Honestly it just sounds like penis envy from left women.

They don't like that their consequences force them to get pregnant if. Ot practicing safe sex.

Now big daddy donkey government says, "oh no it's okay you can get rid of your baby via abortion and it's okay since they're just a bunch of cells your not actually killing a person. What's your insurance provider again?"

You know how much money planned Parenthood makes for abortion? Literally the money make for them.

But it's human nature to want the easiest way out of a hard situation. So I get why some people who drink up the sweet lefty juice.

But the truth is the truth. Why else do you guys think that SCOTUS abolished rvw? Because it's not a damn right.

I hope at least you can look in the mirror and realize that all your post has is a bunch of insults and nothing of actual substance.

Perhaps you have a ton of people against you because what you said, instead of thinking that you're some martyr.

How do moon rocks feel like?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium

By saying it's not a right, you're saying that you don't think women should have rights to control their own bodies. I'm not sure how you don't get that. It's not a stretch, not in the slightest, it's reality.

So yes, please leave if you're unwillingly to grasp basic logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Whaaa whaaa, you're such a victim ((((

Maybe present a sensible argument not based in ignorance next time.
    I am. My argument is the simplest argument.

Lefty arguments are an assortment of BS like parasites, forced donations, like of brain activity, false human rights, etc etc