10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    So, we all know that they elect cowards in Texas. AG Paxton literally ran away when confronted with a subpoena following a lawsuit filed by abortion rights group.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/te...3c6ce#comments

Man, I didn't know process servers were a bunch of scary people. Wouldn't you just call the police if you had someone hang around your house and didn't know who they were? I also thought that process servers, once confronted, usually announce themselves as such.
    It's Texas, the guy's name sounds vaguely Hispanic. He was supposed to be shot and dragged through the streets south to put his head on a pike at the glorious border wall. Terrorists from Mexico and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Nope, he is not making those. His argument are based on his personal ethics and morals. We could say those are coming from a religious basis but I do not think so.
    He is not making any arguments that I can see?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    He is not making any arguments that I can see?
    Because you do not read hard enough

10+ Year Old Account
    There's just nothing like conservatives telling abortion is murder and thus abominable, is there? People who don't give a shit about anyone but themselves. Anything that helps other people is bad, if it doesn't help you. Make a thread on death penalty, and our morally flexible friends are arguing in favor of it. What the fuck are your values, even?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Because you do not read hard enough
    I don't? Arguments are not meant to be implied. I can see them making statements but I haven't seen anything that was presented in the form of an argument.

Nope, he is not making those. His argument are based on his personal ethics and morals. We could say those are coming from a religious basis but I do not think so.
    What ethics and morals?

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    I mean, who didn't see that coming from these lying cunts?
    A *lot* of people. It's kind of tied into our worthless public education system. Teach people American *mythology* instead of American history, mock intellectualism to further discourage people from seeking out education and knowledge, and you can lie to their faces and they're going to be literally too stupid/ignorant to know when you're lying to them.

Pick any of the pillars of Republican electoral strategy and you'll find the combination of "don't let your voters become educated" and "wave symbols in their face" is a foundation for each and every one.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Pro choice people think that lack of brain activity or w/e means a fetus isn't human.

But a fetus is just a stage of dev of any human. Is a baby less human and undeserving of rights because they can't speak or walk like an adult can? Of course not.
    Alright, let's go with that "logic" and say that a fetus has all the rights of a normal human and is considered human. What happens to a fetus that has absorbed another in the womb? Does that fetus get arrested for manslaughter?

Does child support start at birth? Taxes? You don't actually have these answers because you don't care about a fetus nor the child it will become, only about your feeling of self righteousness.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's such a willfully dishonest claim. Pregnancy is wonderful, when you want to be pregnant. It's like consensually kissing someone you love; it's wonderful.

Now, consider how much you enjoy the same kissing when it's the homeless tweaker who lives in the alley and snuck up behind you at the truck stop. But kissing's wonderful! Why do you hate kissing?!

So fucking horrible as an argument.
    The worst shit it. Even people who want to be parents hate and have horrible preganancies. One of my cousins had a fucking horrific pregnancy filled with issues and complications.
    Then there's my sister who got the worst post-partum depression. But good and benefitial!

Respect of women? More like the disrespect of human life. There's many pro life woman who would tell you the same
    Internalised Misygony. It's a thing and it's common as fuck.

Who the hell said that killing your fetus is a human right???
    Should people who get a misscarriage be charged with manslaughter? Since it's a spontaneous abortion?

Keep lying to ur self. Women don't have such a right. You only think that since it's convenient to believe it.

Way back when this wouldn't even be a discussion. But Introduce the technology and the ability to make an absurd amount of profit from abortion then no shit there's going to be groups that support it.
    Since you keep going on about how it's about respecting life. Let's ask you this for when you're back.
    Should every dead person be harvested for viable organs to donate to those in need? They don't need them anymore. Not donating them post life is selfish and causes harm to others.
    So donating them will save lives and help people live. A thing you consider paramount.

Do you think the dead have a right to their organs?
    - Lars

Honestly, when they said this:

Only thing I hope is that rape (with reasonable time), and the life of the mother remain as exceptions. And that kids are tought properly about safe sex in school
    they exposed themselves. If exceptions can be made for rape then it wasn't ever about "protecting innocent life".
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Honestly, when they said this:

they exposed themselves. If exceptions can be made for rape then it wasn't ever about "protecting innocent life".
    Seriously. Is the argument that people born of rape are less "people" than everyone else? Can you just murder them? Or is it that, for a lot of pro-lifers, there just happens to be some limits to the intentional cruelties they're willing to inflict?

Which, of course, is an implicit admission that their entire position is predicated on the deliberate infliction of cruelty, rather than "protecting life", in any respect whatsoever.

Seriously. Is the argument that people born of rape are less "people" than everyone else? Can you just murder them? Or is it that, for a lot of pro-lifers, there just happens to be some limits to the intentional cruelties they're willing to inflict?
    I don't know. I figure for a lot of them, it's merely a concession to play at seeming reasonable. For others, it might just be that even they can't stomach the idea of forcing women to keep a pregnancy that was a result of one of the worst violations a person can endure.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ. This is so disgusting and sick... I don't know how these people can fool themselves into thinking this is "beneficial" for anyone. It's a stressful, horrific experience for everyone involved. Imagine having to carry to term a mutilated fetus that won't even survive moments after being born, if it survives being born at all. Plus all the other medical complications, the financial cost, the mental burden... fuck. They really do hate women.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    There's just nothing like conservatives telling abortion is murder and thus abominable, is there? People who don't give a shit about anyone but themselves. Anything that helps other people is bad, if it doesn't help you. Make a thread on death penalty, and our morally flexible friends are arguing in favor of it. What the fuck are your values, even?
    I'm curious how long after birth do they stop giving a fuck about life cause nearly every other policy they put out is very anti-life. Force babies to be born with no support to the family for raising it, don't give the schools the money needed to feed the poor kids in the district so the rich kids can out run them when a kid with mental issues comes and shoots up the school, don't give any medical support to the injured, and so on and so on.

Which, of course, is an implicit admission that their entire position is predicated on the deliberate infliction of cruelty, rather than "protecting life", in any respect whatsoever.
    There are people who believe in judging people for the actions of their ancestors so if someone believes in generational sins then I can see how they would be ok letting a woman get an abortion as she would be the "innocent life" they are protecting. Although I wonder if a female rapist raped a man and got pregnant would they be ok with abortion in that situation? Or would she be forced to give birth and then does the baby stay with the criminal/her family or is the guy supposed to take it or what?

The mother's life being at risk is interesting too imo. Are they only ok with it if both the fetus and mother are in danger of dying? Or is the fetus no longer a person if the "real" person is in danger? Or is it that they just don't want to support a child who mother died while the mother can just get back to work if she loses her fetus? I strongly suspect its the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I'm curious how long after birth do they stop giving a fuck about life...
    Immediately. As George Carlin put it, "They will do anything for the unborn... But once you're born, you're on your own."

I'm curious how long after birth do they stop giving a fuck about life cause nearly every other policy they put out is very anti-life. Force babies to be born with no support to the family for raising it, don't give the schools the money needed to feed the poor kids in the district so the rich kids can out run them when a kid with mental issues comes and shoots up the school, don't give any medical support to the injured, and so on and so on.

There are people who believe in judging people for the actions of their ancestors so if someone believes in generational sins then I can see how they would be ok letting a woman get an abortion as she would be the "innocent life" they are protecting. Although I wonder if a female rapist raped a man and got pregnant would they be ok with abortion in that situation? Or would she be forced to give birth and then does the baby stay with the criminal/her family or is the guy supposed to take it or what?

The mother's life being at risk is interesting too imo. Are they only ok with it if both the fetus and mother are in danger of dying? Or is the fetus no longer a person if the "real" person is in danger? Or is it that they just don't want to support a child who mother died while the mother can just get back to work if she loses her fetus? I strongly suspect its the last one.
    The only time the right wing cares about someone is if they haven't been born yet and you signing up for military service to go fight their wars for them(only during service, not when you get out). Otherwise, tough shit, you are on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Immediately. As George Carlin put it, "They will do anything for the unborn... But once you're born, you're on your own."
    I think he went on with “If your preborn your fine, if your preschool your fucked”.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

I'm curious how long after birth do they stop giving a fuck about life cause nearly every other policy they put out is very anti-life.
    This is a trick question. They never cared about life.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.kansas.com/news/politics...266267436.html

Yet another reminder that Republicans are sore losers and can't tolerate that their policy positions are unpopular, so they are happy to cheat and mislead in order to achieve their goals.

Kobach, as a reminder, is the same guy who wasted millions of dollars of local taxpayer money crafting anti-immigration ordinances for cities that were unenforceable and often times illegal. Also the guy who was ordered by a judge to take remedial law courses because he apparently forgot how to do his job and how to behave in a courtroom setting.

Republicans aren't sending their best or their brightest. And at this point I'm convinced that they're not good people, either.
    At some point society should just be allowed to launch these fuckers out of a cannon aimed straight at the sun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I think he went on with “If your preborn your fine, if your preschool your fucked”.
    That he did. Kind of amusing how an already old man at the time of that special who was raised in a religious household, realized how bullshit religious people are due to their massive hypocrisy when it comes to pro-life and anti-abortion. The same people who don't think abortion should be illegal are the same people who also don't want to ensure that children who are born disadvantaged get all the help they can to survive and be successful in this life. And that to me is a pretty fucked up worldview for anyone to have.