Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more hyped than this than I am for Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Hearthstone monetization is so bad. Each expansion cost an average of $180 to collect the cards, 3 times a year. I'll pass.
    I just buy the season pass and outside of that I haven't spent a dime on hearthstone. That gives more than enough gold to craft all the meta decks.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

what did u just watch? super cringey devs and the way the (gameplay) trailer was made looks and SOUNDS like a its a game froma kids TV show, where the alliance & horde are kinda friendly rivals, and in the end they become best friends forever. I mean this game is called WARcraft and it looks and feels like a family and friends game, your 7 year old son/daughter wants to play with grandma.

i dont judge gameplay/the game itself, just astethics, the trailers, the music and the look.

so... awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks a solid mobile game, the art is amazing the mood is fun and exciting. This is exactly what I’m looking for from a mobile game.
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

10+ Year Old Account
    If we see this mobile games take off, we might see Warcraft 4 in a mobile tower defense style game.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Did you ever realize that that was never intended for you or the community you speak of? How dare they try to target a younger and newer audience.
    cuz maybe the younger and newer audience isn't playing WoW, and I highly doubt this is what's going to draw them in. Blizz's main audience is 30 year old white dudes, lets be real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qly View Post
    Haters gonna hate
    This honestly looks fun just like Hearthstone is fun
    that being said, if the monetization is like HS i might give it a try, if it is monetized like every other gacha hero collector, hard pass for me
    Idk man. Didn't play HS in like ~2+ years and played it last week. Heroes for ~25€, card bundles for 60€ ... diamond cards for ~25€.

I think we all had low expectations for wow mobile, but hachi machi this is bad. Even the pet battle mobile game could’ve been better

This is a clash of clans rip off with wow “skins” put on it, that exists only to sell mtx. There was no passion or love even in the announcement, just salesman trying to hype a mtx filled disaster.

This could’ve easily been something like housing in real wow but the team wasted their time on this train wreck

Is this art style meant for 8 year olds?

I love this! It looks like something I can really enjoy with my son. Haters gonna hate. Big props to the art team.

Quote Originally Posted by Qly View Post
    Haters gonna hate
    This honestly looks fun just like Hearthstone is fun
    that being said, if the monetization is like HS i might give it a try, if it is monetized like every other gacha hero collector, hard pass for me
    I can see the frustration, but you're always going to find people who just plays the games and be happy. I'll certainly give this thing a try, right up until there is no choice for progression that buy stuff. Same with Diablo Immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I have to admit, I was hoping for some Warcraft Single Player RPG...
    As if Blizzard would create a single player RPG, they will only ever do Multiplayer so they can monetize it as much as they can. Single player is dead for them.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    The WoW community is seriously cringe af.

Can't have anything goofy without people on twitter and youtube being super akward and negative.
    What was shown is cringe.

"Ah, finally! I've been waiting hours to shit on this reveal; now's my time! *ahem*"

In all seriousness, though. This looks neat. Like, really neat. They've definitely nailed both the look and mood they were going for. I could see my little cousins playing this for sure.

At the same time, though, it's definitely not my kind of game or style, so I probably won't be trying it. But that's fine. Honestly, I'd have been surprised if Blizz was trying to market a mobile game to someone like me. That'd probably have been more jarring than what I saw.

In short, I came in expecting nothing and got nothing. So fair's fair, I suppose. But that's not a bad thing, and for the people who this is for, hope it's good, cause it looks it.
    Last edited by CalamityHeart; 2022-05-03 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    The WoW community is seriously cringe af.

Can't have anything goofy without people on twitter and youtube being super akward and negative.
    The design was fine by me. It was meant to look like enchanted/mechanized toys, nothing more. It is the game type that is the issue for me.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

See a bunch of debating back and forth about whether this game is for one group or another. However, that's a false choice as you can make something for all audiences to enjoy. Just requires nuance... something Blizz has been lacking as of late.

Kind of curious why there aren't any plans for porting to PC, especially after the D:Immortal debacle. Also, I'm very leery about the monetization scheme after knowing what the current version of D:Immortal's monetization scheme is. I wouldn't put it past Blizz to have certain paths of progression never obtainable unless you pay money, as that is what currently is slated for D:Immortal.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Target audience is what, 8-12? Sigh.

Will probably earn them money, which is what Blizzard is all about now anyways. The days of nerds just wanting to create the best possible games are long gone.

My expectations were extremely mild

This looks like complete and utter dogshit lmao

I have no idea why but I was expecting something more grounded in WoW and it's current story.

Anyway. Not my cup of tea but I hope it's fun for those who enjoy it!

Edit: Some people getting so angry of a spin mobile game :L
    Last edited by Wonderment2; 2022-05-03 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    10 years ago this wouldnt even go as an april fool. new blizzard gg
    now that you said this, i cant unthink it. Blizzard was different back then, and just like how we are not the same people we were once 10 years ago, at least for myself, it changes. Just time to move on.

I dont really care about the game, it is what it is... I think the forums should just take a very meh attitude and speak with our wallets.