Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    First of all, i never quoted Street saying they "hired guilds", i quoted him on saying that raiders are their most loyal customers, and that he obviously valued them most. I reasoned they are loyal customers mainly because they have weak social bonds to their guilds which literally is one reason they would not quit. If you do not understand a statement, simply ask.
    I mean you could at least have properly read my post before responding. I listed things you didnt post any evidence for, i didnt say greg street was the one saying they hired guilds.

Also you didnt quote him, that would require you to actually mention where he says it, which he didnt.

So once again - you have not provided any evidence for any of these:

the greg street quote

how blizzard hired guilds

any evidence on blizzards nefarious business practises towards kids

All of these are conspiracy theories because you have 0 proof for any of them.
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2022-05-05 at 04:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    I am in my 60s. You can get old without thinking everyone is an asshole. Just focus on criticizing those who really are assholes.

Many, if not most of the people i met in my life are nice people. People who have families. People with friends. Fun in their life. Who have a job. Who love to share joy with others. Who try to get rid of misery, also for others. Who help others. Who accept help. That is what normal people are. And not the assholes that sell skinner boxes with credit card prompts to little childs.

There are nice people in real life. I feel bad for you if you never met them.
    surprising that at your age you still have the same biases as teenagers. you either lived a lucky or a difficult life. anyway, those who cause evil don't need to be a majority to make the world dangerous and unfair. the world we live in. also it's unwise to trust people too easily. even friends could betray you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Look, cantrip isn't wrong. Modern game designers literally study player psychology in order to manipulate the ways their audience engages with and spends on their games. It's beyond just "making fun games," it's at the level where they're conditioning responses and deliberately dishing out endorphins at precise intervals. This is especially true with mobile gaming.

The vast majority of people are able to manage their gaming hobbies, but there are always going to be susceptible people who have addictive personalities or poor impulse control. There are tons of stories about people with literal cognitive disabilities pouring tens of thousands of dollars into lootboxes; not all whales are Saudi princes, influencers, etc. with money to burn.

And they absolutely do target children. Yes, yes, parental responsibility, parental controls, etc. Sure. Some kids are always going to slip through the cracks and fall victim. What's worse, to me, is that kids are being conditioned to think that this stuff is normal. A lot of European countries have passed laws to protect minors from gambling and predatory monetization in games and that's a good thing for everyone.

It's frankly sad that so many people are not only okay with companies preying on vulnerable people, but seem to outright endorse it. Like, they've literally got teams researching the best ways to break people down psychologically until they are compelled to make a purchase. It's fucked up.

All that aside, apparently right now the game is actually free from most if not all of the typical mobile monetization schemes, so that's a good start. Not sure if that'll remain the case when it goes live.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It’s 100% souless. They use the Warcraft IP and somehow manage to respect the setting and lore less than the WoW team. Just look at their lineup of “leaders” to the map of eastern kingdoms and Kalimdor they shat out.

Looks fun to me.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

From my perspective the game is designed for a very young / child audience...
    No thanks.

3+ Year Old Account
    So going off what's currently been revealed, the monetization scheme will have a weekly purchase cap, no loot boxes, and no duplicate purchases... I can't help but feel something's being hidden as far as monetization goes, seems a bit lax for a mobile title.

I'm honestly excited to get to play the game. Haven't played this genre of games since the original Bloons Tower Defense, the only other mobile game I play is Hearthstone. It will give me something to do when I have small segments of downtime. Already signed up for the beta

I don't get all the negative feedback. It feels awkward that 30+ year old edgelords are ranting about a game that looks good for what it's supposed to be.

what are Raids gonna be?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    When that happens, I'm sure this will get moved. But for right now, the thread hopefully will be staying in the GD forum.
    I'm still hoping for a WC3 subforum
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    So going off what's currently been revealed, the monetization scheme will have a weekly purchase cap, no loot boxes, and no duplicate purchases... I can't help but feel something's being hidden as far as monetization goes, seems a bit lax for a mobile title.
    proly waiting to see how popular it is and open the floodgates later,look at hearthstone

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I'm still hoping for a WC3 subforum
    Not likely that'll happen for some time given the current status of WC3 on this forum.

Warcraft Arclight Rumble is a new mobile strategy game pitting five factions against each other, and had its entire website go online 15 minutes early! Eat popcorn and discuss the new game here while your miners are killed once again. Probably by Blackrock or Undead. Again.

- - - Updated - - -

So factions look like:

Alliance, Horde, Blackrock, Undead, and Beasts

- - - Updated - - -

JIN'ROKH APPEARS

- - - Updated - - -

Seems the minis can be mixed and matched regardless of faction. Same with Leaders. Not sure why they make the distinctions
    My initial impression of this was that it seemed quite out of the blue and somewhat childish. I try to keep an open mind, however, and I find it interesting that both Maiev and Tirion are supposed to be "Alliance leaders" in this game.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

what suprised me is how they keep going with annoucing the game and not even a release date, not even a beta date, will this be another diablo immortals with 3-4 years more development time? I tought they would have at least done something like "and you can play right now" or at least play the beta right away, do you even really need a beta for a clash royale copy mobile game

7+ Year Old Account
    Yea not interested. It feels kind of cheap since it's a mobile phone game.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    This game gave me more WARCRAFT VIBES than Shadowlands.

gonna play 100%
    Sam wise is a god

10+ Year Old Account
    Not likely that'll happen for some time given the current status of WC3 on this forum.
    I still remember the days of the hypetrain <sobs>
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty fun but it has a long way to go before it's ready for release.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I still remember the days of the hypetrain <sobs>
    so do we all