Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Not really seeing anything new or exciting in this game (doesn't the transformers game do things similar?)

All the cynical me could see was an excuse to sell cutesy little figurines. Bleh.
    You could at least have posted in the right section?

The gameplay design of the game is a cheap and sure attempt at something new, instead of more experimental stuff. Not the gameplay theme I was hoping for though.

And so what if they try to sell small figurines after it? People pay hundreds for the big ones, so they will be a market for small funny ones too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Looks like a better Clash Royale, but still not playing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    IF this game makes more revenue than world of warcraft kiss everything you know goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by flan1337 View Post
    IF this game makes more revenue than world of warcraft kiss everything you know goodbye.
    Do we need to remind ourselves of how King outperforms Blizzard?

I will maybe play it if they add a Nature faction (with Nelfs)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    Exactly. While I don;t think WoW will ever be killed by blizzard I do see a future where the Warcraft name and branding isn't tied back to its MMO but to a more popular mobile game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I doubt it'll happen unless they forgot to show a lot of purchasing options, else WoW is still a big fish in Blizzard's pond.

Well. Luckily, it is still the Blizzard team.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I like the art style choice of using tabletop minis.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Alas. I do like the design aspect of the models, it looks like small enchanted pieces of toys but the overall gameplay style is not for me, sadly. I was hoping Blizzard would be daring enough to send us on a new adventure with a Warcraft Mobile RPG.
    I think the general "Are you effin kidding me" reaction to Diablo put them off another one of those for quite a while, at least for a few years until they can see if it actually turns out to be popular

Exactly. While I don;t think WoW will ever be killed by blizzard I do see a future where the Warcraft name and branding isn't tied back to its MMO but to a more popular mobile game.
    Wouldnt that already be the case with Hearthstone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    I think the general "Are you effin kidding me" reaction to Diablo put them off another one of those for quite a while, at least for a few years until they can see if it actually turns out to be popular
    Or they realized that the PC community probably isnt going to have much turnover into a Mobile gaming platform -- so they decided to make something that would fit the platform.

Do remember -- Immortal is also coming to PC because of the outrage from the primary PC based Diablo community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I doubt it'll happen unless they forgot to show a lot of purchasing options, else WoW is still a big fish in Blizzard's pond.
    Well. Luckily, it is still the Blizzard team.
    Little theory but what if Xbox acquisition for blizzard was primary to push more mobile focused titles?
    I don't think its crazy to think that this game can introduce more people to the Warcraft universe but not to World of Warcraft.
    Could spell for interesting things for the future of Warcraft branding.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I don't think they're actually making physical figures if that's what this is talking about.
    Yeah, the things they showed are the characters they want to sell you in game. There's like zero money in doing physical minis (compared to selling you digital assets which are pure profit).

I'm curious about the team that made the game and where they're located etc.

As always it will come down to the monetization scheme for me and of course whether it's anything that's more fun to play than the other 10,000 thing in my life that are vying for my attention every day. Best of luck Blizzard, because if you can do it that would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldnt that already be the case with Hearthstone?
    Well Hearthstone has a more playful usage of lore but doesn't use the name Warcraft in its title so you can argue it makes itself more separated from wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    No. The Diablo Immortal protect was literally pissing on thousands of fans sitting at the edge of their seat waiting for Diablo 4 news.

I'm talking about a Warcraft RPG, a side running story within the warcraft universe, and not the main part of the count like DI is meant to be Diablo 3.5. I was hoping for some reason to permit people to explore stories from a different angle without it being connected to the mains of Warcraft RTS or the main dogs of WoW MMORPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Little theory but what if Xbox acquisition for blizzard was primary to push more mobile focused titles?
    I don't think its crazy to think that this game can introduce more people to the Warcraft universe but not to World of Warcraft.
    Could spell for interesting things for the future of Warcraft branding.
    Wouldn't really connect yet then, and this wouldn't be about Microsoft as they still don't have the leadership of Activision-Blizzard yet. They can the earliest in September, the latest is some.. 13 months from now?

As for this release, (shamefully stealing from my other comment), I was hoping for something like a Warcraft RPG, a side running story within the warcraft universe, and not the main part of the story. I was hoping for some reason to permit people to explore stories from a different angle without it being connected to the mains of Warcraft RTS or the main dogs of WoW MMORPG.

King has nearly 300 million MAU and this game will probably also have a few million downloads, like nearly all other mobile games. world of warcraft is not even in the conversation.

Well Hearthstone has a more playful usage of lore but doesn't use the name Warcraft in its title so you can argue it makes itself more separated from wow.
    Well originally it was subtitled "Heroes of Warcraft" once upon a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. The Diablo Immortal protect was literally pissing on thousands of fans sitting at the edge of their seat waiting for Diablo 4 news.

I'm talking about a Warcraft RPG, a side running story within the warcraft universe, and not the main part of the count like DI is meant to be Diablo 3.5. I was hoping for some reason to permit people to explore stories from a different angle without it being connected to the mains of Warcraft RTS or the main dogs of WoW MMORPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't really connect yet then, and this wouldn't be about Microsoft as they still don't have the leadership of Activision-Blizzard yet. They can the earliest in September, the latest is some.. 13 months from now?

As for this release, (shamefully stealing from my other comment), I was hoping for something like a Warcraft RPG, a side running story within the warcraft universe, and not the main part of the story. I was hoping for some reason to permit people to explore stories from a different angle without it being connected to the mains of Warcraft RTS or the main dogs of WoW MMORPG.
    Well its not about internal influence from Microsoft ,but when selling a game company I would imagine they displayed their future projected revenue and game titles. So its interesting seeing Blizzard invest heavily into mobile gaming and its not surprising as most of the gaming industry will be following along.

The fact blizzard decided to use the branding name 'Warcraft' in a mobile game has me uneasy. Why not go the heathstone route with its own name? Maybe I am just paranoid, but I do not like it one bit.

Posted in the wrong section.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well originally it was subtitled "Heroes of Warcraft" once upon a time.
    Yup do remember that. Also remember just how much people played Heathstone and never cared to get into WoW. Who knows maybe the Warcraft universe will just be a bunch of spin off titles.

Maybe they will remove Warcraft in the future and have it named Arclight Rumble which imo can happen.

Definitely not for me, but don't know what people were expecting out of a mobile game. Something "mature and gritty/gothic?"

I do have to say, the shoe-horned "quirkiness" and theme song during the reveal really put me off personally.