Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    Because they're huge and every decision has to go through many layers of approvals. In my company we took 3 years for a project I wanted to work on took off because it had to get the right Project Manager on board, with the right Technical Manager to buy in the idea and the right Head of Product to sign off on it. And with all that perfect storm, it took 2 years in between pitches and meetings to finally get the green light to start it.

Huge companies can be an equally huge blocker to innovation.
    It does depend on the company.

Riot is also a big company, and pivoted real fast on making their Autochess game. I do agree that I think Blizzard is mired by their production approval system though. Getting sign off is always a 'waste of time' when factoring bean counters making these exec decisions over creative leads.

i hoped for Pet Battle game. in synergy with WoW retail. would be nice one. maybe

or some sort of Warcraft RPG. playing out wc3 or wow stories. maybe something from manga or books

it would be nice

I am not against mobile gaming

yet I do not like this one

idk If I will give it a chance yet

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Warcraft Rumble [Megathread]
    Legit amazed they don't already have a sub forum for this. They normally have one out 5 seconds after they announce a new Blizzard game.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    It does depend on the company.

Riot is also a big company, and pivoted real fast on making their Autochess game. I do agree that I think Blizzard is mired by their production approval system though. Getting sign off is always a 'waste of time' when factoring bean counters making these exec decisions over creative leads.
    Yeah that's fair enough. My experience was anecdotal too. There might be some big companies that are more agile.

Looks complete shit.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Legit amazed they don't already have a sub forum for this. They normally have one out 5 seconds after they announce a new Blizzard game.
    Warcraft 3, Warcraft 3R, Starcraft, Starcraft 2, and WAR don't have forums despite how hard I've lobbied for them to *have* forums.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Warcraft 3, Warcraft 3R, Starcraft, Starcraft 2, and WAR don't have forums despite how hard I've lobbied for them to *have* forums.
    Might be wary because of WC3R. It'll happen in due time considering it's a polished-entry mobile game and therefore very likely to make back what it cost to make in a short amount of time (depending on MTX, ofc)

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Are there WoW fans who play Clash of Clans? Genuine, non-cynical question. Doesn't feel like these two demographics overlap.

Last time I saw someone playing Clash of Clans was 7 years ago when my younger brother was 12.
    As someone who has been playing WoW since 2005, yes I play Clash of Clans. It's a fun alternative and a great way to waste a little time when I need a small break from things.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

tbh: i am happy that it’s a cash grab game for 12 year old kids. because it clearly distracts me from the target audience and makes it rather easy for me, to completely skip it. i have exactly ZERO interest in this and i am glad about that fact. seriously.

Unless they bring it over to PC for me to take a look, I'll never touch it otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see they are going to make a lot of money from selling figurines.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Warcraft 3 "mega"thread should also be locked because its just one guy keeping it alive with mod posts.
    I thought they wouldn't mind it
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Short comment: Ahahaha.
    Long comment: I use a PS5 and a high end PC for gaming.
    Haha, yeah gamerz rise up imma right boys????

Holy mother of cringe.

For the game itself, it looks fine, just fine for now. People seem to forget that it was blizzard who always was taking ideas from other games and companies and making games out of it. What was the type of game blizzard came up with on their own? There was none.
    Graphically? It fits nicely the premise of collecting "minis" They are toys, they suppose to look plastic. Gameplay and payment? Hard to say. Depends how they will set the payments. There are mobile games who are impossible without spending money, and there are ones that just slow you down if you don't pay. We don't know yet.
    Last edited by Zulggun; 2022-05-04 at 05:32 AM.

Heh, 10+ (15? no clue) years ago when mobile gaming started, the same kind of games were the first ones created. Now we have mobile phones as powerful as a computer and we still can't get a real game with more than 15 hours of development. This is the kind of game we're getting spams of on most social networks. Those with a mix of Legends, Clans, Heroes, Clash, League, Angels or whatever generic word in their names.

That's kinda sad. This shit clearly lacks Warcraft's identity. Could very easily be mistaken for any chinese rip-off game.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    "god the WoW community is always negative"
    I love how Dragonflight looks, I am looking forward to Diablo Immortal, I will play tf out of OV2 co-op

This.Looks.Like.Trash.
    Remember that stuff like this is highly subjective.

I'm catiously optimistic about Dragonflight(a lot of pieces still missing), i am not even going to download diablo immortal(i still play diablo 2 and i dont touch d4), i will not even download overwatch 2(even if its free) and i'l play this warcraft mobile game with my kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Not really seeing anything new or exciting in this game (doesn't the transformers game do things similar?)

All the cynical me could see was an excuse to sell cutesy little figurines. Bleh.
    Did they need an excuse for that? They've been doing it for years with WoW.

Clash Royale was fun as fuck to play during breaks at work, so I feel like this will be similar.

The fact that it has singleplayer is cool.

People bitching really need to remember that not everything is for them. Blizzard explicitly said "Oh yeah, it's gonna be a MOBILE GAME REVEAL GUYS!!!" and people expected fucking WC4? Absolutely braindead.

"This looks like trash".

It looks like a mobile game. Are people so bent on hating on Blizzard for everything that when a quick-to-play break filler mobile game looks like a mobile game people complain? Touch grass.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2022-05-04 at 06:07 AM.

Am I the only one who feels like this is just a shop with a minigame attached? Maybe i have misread it, but to me there is next to no game at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    "This looks like trash".

It looks like a mobile game. Are people so bent on hating on Blizzard for everything that when a quick-to-play break filler mobile game looks like a mobile game people complain? Touch grass.
    Black Desert Mobile is a mobile game too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Are there WoW fans who play Clash of Clans? Genuine, non-cynical question. Doesn't feel like these two demographics overlap.

Last time I saw someone playing Clash of Clans was 7 years ago when my younger brother was 12.
    WoW demographics are so diverse that there's literally people who are in any number of different professions, social circles and living various lifestyles. There's no one singular demographic as if every WoW player was some hardcore WC3 player who reached high ranks in PVP. There's so many soccer moms and young kids and old grampas playing WoW that you'd never knew existed.

And fact of the matter is, Arclight Rumble isn't aimed at WoW players. It's clearly not aimed at a WoW audience, just like Hearthstone wasn't a 'WoW game'. They're simply Warcraft games.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenbolone View Post
    Are devs really excited to work on this? It looks like.. well, load of crap.

I hate mobile games tho.. dont play them

But still, isnt this waste of talented dev potentional?
    Like churning out expansion #9 for an almost 20 year old game isn't a "waste of talented dev potential"? At least for a Blizzard team this is new ground and doesn't have to fit within the development constraints of an already established game system.